Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Murdered for being gay
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:27 am 
Banned User

http://www.newsweek.com/id/147790&GT1l=43002
not sure if its been posted before or not, but i read it and though it interesting, so my question here is who to blame? the kid for forcing his sexuality? or the kid who murdered him? or the media?

Post subject: Re: Murdered for being gay
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:29 am 
Elite Member

Did you read the story?
He had it coming, who honestly paints his nails pink, wears shit like that, and does his hair and gets away with it.
not only that but the kid was 5'1.
a fuckin bully-magnet.

edit, nevemind didnt notice it was 5 PAGES long lol.
either way i get the idea that he was flaunting everything and was too gay for kids, so he got shot. amirite?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:35 am 
Advanced Member

lol yeah like fudge said that kids a bullymagnet, and 15 still in jr high?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:36 am 
Banned User

maybe beaten up, but he shouldnt die even if he did all that

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:46 am 
Ex-Staff

Old news. Was in time awhile back.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:31 am 
Frequent Member

Thats kinda dumb for the kid to be SO openly gay about it.

He should just dress normally and just make sure to let the right people know about it.

I say his death was not necessary and that he should just get a Bruise in da face for it.

To clear the senses of that brain of his

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:57 am 
Elite Member

emperor3000 wrote:

He should just dress normally and just make sure to let the right people know about it.

I say his death was not necessary and that he should just get a Bruise in da face for it.

Uhh, now I find that to be pretty messed up, ppl can dress how they want, as long they aren't making you uncomfortable(as in doing sumthin to you, not just looking weird), no one has the right to do anything to anyone no matter what they are or how open about it they are. People that thing like that are the ones that should get a bruise.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am 
Banned User

DarkJackal wrote:
emperor3000 wrote:

Uhh, now I find that to be pretty messed up, ppl can dress how they want, as long they aren't making you uncomfortable(as in doing sumthin to you, not just looking weird), no one has the right to do anything to anyone no matter what they are or how open about it they are. People that thing like that are the ones that should get a bruise.

He was still asking for it, majorly. Seriously, at that age you dress like that...not gonna work out. Plus hitting on the other boys. Seems he was forcing it on everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:00 am 
Advanced Member

Quote:
At 8:30 a.m., a half hour into class, Brandon quietly stood up. Then, without anyone's noticing, he removed a handgun that he had somehow sneaked to school, aimed it at Larry's head, and fired a single shot. Boldrin, who was across the room looking at another student's work, spun around. "Brandon, what the hell are you doing!" she screamed. Brandon fired at Larry a second time, tossed the gun on the ground and calmly walked through the classroom door.

dayum thats some hardcore shit :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:11 am 
SRF's Princess

am I a bad person if I would sya that I laughed about this??

cuz this is rediculous..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:22 am 
Loyal Member

DarkJackal wrote:
emperor3000 wrote:

+1. People can be who they are, even if they're doing something to make you uncomfortable, you can ask them not to do it anymore. It's pretty sad that there's people who will still say he "deserved" it. Wtf's up with that? So, from your input, if someone disagrees with who you are, and you make them uncomfortable, they're entitled to cause you harm or death?

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that mentality is seriously fcked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:29 am 
Banned User

Easy_Lady wrote:
Quote:
At 8:30 a.m., a half hour into class, Brandon quietly stood up. Then, without anyone's noticing, he removed a handgun that he had somehow sneaked to school, aimed it at Larry's head, and fired a single shot. Boldrin, who was across the room looking at another student's work, spun around. "Brandon, what the hell are you doing!" she screamed. Brandon fired at Larry a second time, tossed the gun on the ground and calmly walked through the classroom door.

My god, that's like something from an action movie. The fact that he you know, walked out all calm. Disgusting that he showed little or no remorse, though if he showed remorse he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Maybe he was drunk or in a odd state of mind =D. When I'm drunk I smash bottles and well... try to hit people with them, and unless my friends stop me, then I would probably hit someone.

I'm not going to lie, by the sounds of it, the way that guy was acting. The fact that he was so openly gay at that age, and coming to school dressed that way is; as someone stated before, basically making himself a bully magnet. Though killing him wasn't necessarily the BEST way to resolve things, if someone had have just bashed him or something he might have come to his senses.

School is no place to freely express your homosexuality. Especially not to the extreme of painting your nails pink. You'd get absolutely smashed where I live for doing that =p.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:47 am 
Banned User

The expressive die off as the mindless jerks feel happy that they caused pain to someone who was simply trying to live his life. Black people die, emo's get bashed, gays get murdered and assholes everywhere smile.

This world is a cruel place.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:54 am 
Banned User

lol, It could have been worse, He might have made it to Senior School (High School, w.e Americans call it) and got totally smashed he probably would have suffered a long and painful death, like an American guy suffered who was attending University of California.

He got bashed, then strapped to a pole and left for death, he later died.

Not to mention the bad and cruel 'harmless jokes' that the seniors play on the new kids (whatever the lame word they use for that is).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 am 
Banned User

Snoopy wrote:
Easy_Lady wrote:
Quote:

My god, that's like something from an action movie. The fact that he you know, walked out all calm. Disgusting that he showed little or no remorse, though if he showed remorse he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Maybe he was drunk or in a odd state of mind =D. When I'm drunk I smash bottles and well... try to hit people with them, and unless my friends stop me, then I would probably hit someone.

I'm not going to lie, by the sounds of it, the way that guy was acting. The fact that he was so openly gay at that age, and coming to school dressed that way is; as someone stated before, basically making himself a bully magnet. Though killing him wasn't necessarily the BEST way to resolve things, if someone had have just bashed him or something he might have come to his senses.

School is no place to freely express your homosexuality. Especially not to the extreme of painting your nails pink. You'd get absolutely smashed where I live for doing that =p.

IMO u shud be able to be open about ur homosexuality wherever u want. What's so weird about it? Facking even around the year 0 in Greek and Romanian Days they accepted it more than we do now. People are facked up these days. You can dress urself the way u want, u can talk the way u want, u can act how u like to. Why u shud prohibit a person from being who they want to be? Just let him be happy with the stuff he likes to do..
i dun understand all that shit, but everyone here who says the kid asked for it is kinda fcked himself too..

I want you to know that you're the only thing that makes this life so beautiful

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:48 am 
Banned User

Ok, You may be gay, but with the pressure being put on in American schools. Why would anyone want to. I don't really think people shouldn't openly gay, they just should maybe wait until they're out of school, and the world is more open and you're not forced to go to school. etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:53 am 
Banned User

Why? Whats the bit deal snoopy?

Someone likes the same sex, why is that a big deal? Why should someone kill someone for that? How is it justified? Why should they hide themselves? Its not a big deal at all. Its natural. Dam two guy friends of mine are gay, it doesn't bother me. I also know a load of bi people, who cares? Who cares what gender they are attracted to? Since when did sexuality become a big deal?

Seriously, anyone who hates on gays or any other natural preference in life is simply a jerk. Who cares what someone likes? Why should it be your right to kill someone for it? Plain and simple jerkyness.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:56 am 
Banned User

Snoopy wrote:
Ok, You may be gay, but with the pressure being put on in American schools. Why would anyone want to. I don't really think people shouldn't openly gay, they just should maybe wait until they're out of school, and the world is more open and you're not forced to go to school. etc.

Coz they wanna be themselves and be happy?
im gay myself, i know how hard it is when ur in the closet and when other people dont know.

Its way better when u can actually be honest to ur friends, ur family to everyone.
Its truly the biggest relief i ever had when i was open about it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:44 am 
Banned User

Ugh, it's hard to explain, let me try again.

With the bullying happening in American schools, I can see why they would try keep it to themself, though as you said you were happy when you were openly gay, though I think painting your fingers pink is taking it to the next level. I'm not trying to offend anyone, Simply trying to state my opinion, although you may not all agree with it, that's why it's an opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:30 am 
Banned User

Its a color. Why is having a certain color of nails matter? Whats wrong with the color pink? Did it call you fat or something? Why the hell is pink so sacrilege?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:41 am 
Banned User

On a guy, does it not scream queer? People make these stereotypical and generalist assumptions on people. Not saying it's the right thing, it's just what people do.

People see a person with say, black nails and piercings - then they make the assumption they're emo or gothic. It happens in todays society.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:46 am 

Ouch...Ah well, that's gay ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:50 am 
Banned User

[SD]Kratos wrote:

OMG KRATOS DID YOU JUST SAY GAY!

Now let's pick on Kratos, because he hasn't defended his opinion 12 times over!

:love: kratos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:50 am 
Chronicle Writer

old news...really old. If this was 4chan or if i was choosing to slack in morals simply because this is the internet i would probably be like, lolz he had it coming amirite. But thats not true. He didn't have it coming, getting beat up, maybe, getting killed no. And i say the beating up part because he embarrassed the kid in front of his friends adn guys don't really know how to deal with problems like that without resorting to violence. But if thats the case then i have every right to go shot half my high school, i hate the way they dress, i hate the way the talk, i hate the way the made fun of me because i pronounced e's and r's and spoke like i was raised my people who wanted me to succeed in life. IMO they all embarrassed me, they were all loud and obnoxious and so if i went in and shot up my school and it ended up on the news you guys would be like, lolz they had it coming amirite? I hope not though some of you probably would. Im pretty sure the guys who shot up Columbine thought all those kids had it coming lolz amirite? No. thats a stupid way to think and in most cases it just used as an excuse to mask how you really feel about the issue. Its a shame he died because he was young and its a shame the kid who shot him was able to get a gun so easily and take someones life.

the whole incident is a tragedy tbh. ppl shouldn't have to be afraid to be who they are as long as they aren't a danger to themselves or others.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:50 am 
Banned User

[SD]Kratos wrote:

:shock:

never expected u to say it :x

mens ur gay urself, talk more nice bout urself!! :x

fcking bullshit.. image not working that i wanted ta post >:(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:10 pm 

no one cares if your open about your sexuality, most people dont have a problem but this kid was an idiot, he asked for it. And if it isn't fair, thats too bad, people die for all kinds of reasons, its his fault that he went to school looking like an idiot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 pm 
Ex-Staff

America, the country where individual liberties are thrown out the window for so called liberties based on ethnic background, sex, sexual orientation, and age. The perpetuation of bigotry, discrimination, and "racism" FTW. The kid who shot him had no right. NONE. If you think killing him was justified then, by your logic; columbine was equally justified.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:23 pm 

im columbine the students provoked the shooters, in this the kid provoked the shooter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:26 pm 
Ex-Staff

Jstar1 wrote:
im columbine the students provoked the shooters, in this the kid provoked the shooter

The catalyst may have been different but logic says "they had it coming."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:02 pm 

Doh... hypocrites.
This murder was written on the forehead of Larry.
If you are living in a society, and start acting strange(like Larry in eyes of a common male/female). You lose your worth as an equal member of the society.
So you have to take heart, coz this will be waiting for you and thats as sure as the sun goes up and down in a day.

This is entirely the shcoolstaff's responsiblity. To let this happen.
Ignorance, stupidity, and in the end hypocrites are crying for human rights. Flawless.

*claps*

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=83961&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Enjoy.