Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5741
Location:
Aege
First of all, let me show you how the two first pages of the "Free Board" on the Silkroad-R website looks like as of right now:
Spoiler!

So basically, Robert_DG and Peri_DG started what I guess is best described as a "rant-race".
Since they started posting, a lot of other legit players have been writing short complains as well, posting them several times throughout the day.


My suggestion and advice is for everyone else to do the same! Let us show them how annoying we believe the bots are, by annoying them by spamming their free board. Sounds weird, maybe. But at least Joymax will notice this :sohappy:

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:07 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 720
Location:
Oasis
i would but u guys never cease to amaze me, i mean did you really think they would ban bots??

honestly if they put ip limits then everything would be solved.. but they have to limit turkey and egypt. if you guys want something to be done about bots, start posting about ip limiting those countries.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:12 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 820
Location:
Leagueoflegends
added my reply on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1124
Location:
Azteca
Well i didnt see this coming.

Image

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:26 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5741
Location:
Aege
JuelzSantana wrote:
i would but u guys never cease to amaze me, i mean did you really think they would ban bots??

honestly if they put ip limits then everything would be solved.. but they have to limit turkey and egypt. if you guys want something to be done about bots, start posting about ip limiting those countries.

Doing ip limits will remove the people running 8man parties from one pc, and it will remove goldbots. But it will still not remove the player bots. They have to ban them - actively!

cbkilla wrote:
Well i didnt see this coming.


Me neither, to be honest :sohappy:
By the way, the rant goes on and on! I think more than 5 threads are created each minute, lol.

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:32 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4222
Location: Nowhere
JuelzSantana wrote:
i would but u guys never cease to amaze me, i mean did you really think they would ban bots??

honestly if they put ip limits then everything would be solved.. but they have to limit turkey and egypt. if you guys want something to be done about bots, start posting about ip limiting those countries.


I'm too lazy to dig up my old post. Silkroad R is nothing but a publicity stun for public relations. Meaning they want to get a good word for their name. Probably WeMade running the show in preparation for obtaining more games for their game portal and/or Silkroad 2. Let's see how well they'll do after a couple weeks.

Honestly do they have to gain for Silkroad R? Another milk the cow? I don't see the time invested for that to be worth that much. They've spent a lot of time redoing the entire quest system which to everyone seems like a 2minute job. They actually thought it through and it's pretty much "Do these quests and you've leveled and decently farmed with some FGW." Top it off they're actually making balance changes to the game. Balance isn't something you can do overnight either. The time invested in this isn't just money. Then there's a few changes that was a 5minute job that has been should have been done like the shadows on high for example. It has poor optimization rendering EVERY single person, pet, etc etc. They changed the limit to like 10 objects or something.

Now I'm not 50 so I cannot comment on how level is beyond that, but so far the entire way has been easy. Problem with the entire thing still is that the 100% exp buff should be permanent. Without it is just silly.

At least how I view Silkroad R as a good faith project.

_________________
Image
Image
If being a loser means not playing Silkroad all day.. lulwut?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:01 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 748
Location:
Aege
“Joymax’s main mission for 2011 was to find an answer to the two questions, ‘What do our players want?’, and ‘How can we give it to them?’” said Joymax CEO, Nam-chul Kim. “But to quote a line from the movie the Matrix, ‘There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.’ Silkroad-R is our attempt at walking the path. It incorporates all of the most wanted player requests, from faster level-ups, less bots, and a cleaner UI to improved character balance.”

One major concern of players of any massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) is the presence of bots. Silkroad-R implements several new in-game strategies that have either eliminated or greatly reduced the presence of even the most sophisticated bot programs. In addition, Joymax has been built the security and network platform in Silkroad-R from the ground-up to ensure that players are protected from in-game attacks and have a clean and safe environment to play. However, in the unlikely event that a bot does enter the system, Joymax has also implemented several polices that effectively remove the main incentives for players to turn to botting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:30 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5741
Location:
Aege
Extrme_G wrote:
“Joymax’s main mission for 2011 was to find an answer to the two questions, ‘What do our players want?’, and ‘How can we give it to them?’” said Joymax CEO, Nam-chul Kim. “But to quote a line from the movie the Matrix, ‘There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.’ Silkroad-R is our attempt at walking the path. It incorporates all of the most wanted player requests, from faster level-ups, less bots, and a cleaner UI to improved character balance.”

One major concern of players of any massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) is the presence of bots. Silkroad-R implements several new in-game strategies that have either eliminated or greatly reduced the presence of even the most sophisticated bot programs. In addition, Joymax has been built the security and network platform in Silkroad-R from the ground-up to ensure that players are protected from in-game attacks and have a clean and safe environment to play. However, in the unlikely event that a bot does enter the system, Joymax has also implemented several polices that effectively remove the main incentives for players to turn to botting.

Just one word: oh my god....

What is the source of this quote?

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:34 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 748
Location:
Aege
i was randomly googling silkroad-r and found 3 or 4 websites with this quote.... i am lazy to search it again xD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:36 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5741
Location:
Aege
Extrme_G wrote:
i was randomly googling silkroad-r and found 3 or 4 websites with this quote.... i am lazy to search it again xD

Found it :sohappy:

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:16 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4222
Location: Nowhere
Extrme_G wrote:
Silkroad-R implements several new in-game strategies that have either eliminated or greatly reduced the presence of even the most sophisticated bot programs


-Don't give any gold
-Call it a day
I hope it's more than that really

_________________
Image
Image
If being a loser means not playing Silkroad all day.. lulwut?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:28 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5741
Location:
Aege
Toshiharu wrote:
Extrme_G wrote:
Silkroad-R implements several new in-game strategies that have either eliminated or greatly reduced the presence of even the most sophisticated bot programs


-Don't give any gold
-Call it a day
I hope it's more than that really

Yeah, lol. I've started spamming the quote on their free board, making fun of them, lol.

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:40 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4714
Location:
Xian
And the wheels on the bus goes round and...round..and round again.... I've stopped complaining about bots a long time ago simply from observing Joymax/wemade doesn't care. Even if they got serious about SRO-R and make sure no bots are there then it's clear for all to see they only care when they feel like and only about SRO-R while ISRO remains in it's deteriorated state. ..

_________________
Image

_________________________________________________
BOW Full STR Fire level 102 -- ON A LONG BREAK..POSSIBLY FOREVER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:18 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6618
Location:
Off Topic
I don't mind player bots that much as long as the gold bots stay out.

_________________
''When I die, make sure they bury me upside down, so that the world can kiss my ass.''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:05 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4714
Location:
Xian
Extrme_G wrote:
“Joymax’s main mission for 2011 was to find an answer to the two questions, ‘What do our players want?’, and ‘How can we give it to them?’” said Joymax CEO, Nam-chul Kim. “But to quote a line from the movie the Matrix, ‘There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.’ Silkroad-R is our attempt at walking the path. It incorporates all of the most wanted player requests, from faster level-ups, less bots, and a cleaner UI to improved character balance.”

One major concern of players of any massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) is the presence of bots. Silkroad-R implements several new in-game strategies that have either eliminated or greatly reduced the presence of even the most sophisticated bot programs. In addition, Joymax has been built the security and network platform in Silkroad-R from the ground-up to ensure that players are protected from in-game attacks and have a clean and safe environment to play. However, in the unlikely event that a bot does enter the system, Joymax has also implemented several polices that effectively remove the main incentives for players to turn to botting.



LOL...hahahaha...I'm picturing you riding a magic carpet with purple haze swirling about you as you sit there spewing this delusional garbage.....you're eyes all red and sleepy.....I wish I could join you on this blissful ride through the "matrix"....

Joymax doesn't care...they never really did....If they really did care they would have tried to implement these "player request" years ago. They don't need to create "SRO-R" to fix SRO...If they have the power to offer all these things why not fix isro?...

I won't deny that they're trying to improve the game. But they're acting like isro is broken beyond repair when it isn't. If they are willing to go this far to create a clean and better game then why not do it with isro? Whats that you say? they will lose all those long term customers? Well why not give them fair warning....announcing that an isro overhaul will commence is say two weeks... If people still want to bot after that how will those botters be any different than ones on SRO-R?...

"sophisticated bot program?" LOLOL...Bots will always be there as long as joymax allows it....and they have been allowing it all these years...and they're showing you and me that they're willing to stop it on SRO-R while continuing to allow it on isro...And these are the people you're believing in? Keep the pipe dream strong playa...its all too funny..

_________________
Image

_________________________________________________
BOW Full STR Fire level 102 -- ON A LONG BREAK..POSSIBLY FOREVER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:10 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4222
Location: Nowhere
BuDo wrote:
They don't need to create "SRO-R" to fix SRO...If they have the power to offer all these things why not fix isro?...


Are you aware that there are 50 ish servers against their small staff? Besides they already have paying customers buying premium+ nonstop. Why ban those guys when the game is slowly dying off? It's a publicity stunt with Silkroad R. At least from what I believe

-Name gets out there they're reinventing Silkroad with support
-Good faith
-More people join in
-More video games into Joymax's gaming portal

Quote:
I won't deny that they're trying to improve the game. But they're acting like isro is broken beyond repair when it isn't. If they are willing to go this far to create a clean and better game then why not do it with isro? Whats that you say? they will lose all those long term customers? Well why not give them fair warning....announcing that an isro overhaul will commence is say two weeks... If people still want to bot after that how will those botters be any different than ones on SRO-R?...


It wouldn't be smart to remove their paying customers. I would disagree if we were back in 70cap when the paying customers were the legit players and the the rest were without goldtime. At least from what I remember.

Quote:
"sophisticated bot program?" LOLOL...Bots will always be there as long as joymax allows it....and they have been allowing it all these years...and they're showing you and me that they're willing to stop it on SRO-R while continuing to allow it on isro...And these are the people you're believing in? Keep the pipe dream strong playa...its all too funny..


Bots will always exist, because there is always a work around the security and detection. It's better off to start off 'clean' because of your old customers. It sounds shitty, but well.. it's either you enforce it on the old game to gamble and hope it succeeds. Look at NCSoft for example. They allowed bots in Lineage, but they banned them in Aion.. at least 9 months later after the game 'died' off. Why did they start to ban bots and make it a better environment for real players? Simple. It attracts more people to play.

What's with all the "..." That's very annoying. Keep on posting on a forum where you keep on bitching about the game.

Spoiler!

_________________
Image
Image
If being a loser means not playing Silkroad all day.. lulwut?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:44 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 720
Location:
Oasis
heroo wrote:
I don't mind player bots that much as long as the gold bots stay out.

this... idc if a kid uses something illegal honestly. its only a problem if it affects me. the only way bots affect me is by:

a. picking up gold and selling it to players.
- how does this affect me? - prices of items skyrocket
b. servers get crowded from 1 person running 8 man parties.
- how does this affect me? - omfg...

its like gey marriage or drug laws. i dont care what people do unless it affects me

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:07 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
Location: Moon
BuDo you should listen to yourself. How could they ever do what they're doing in R to isro? It's a fully released game. This is not only about the bots. How would you feel to have your 120FF character broken by the recent changes? They're remaking the game, not just tweaking it. They do care about us, we're their costumers. But so are the thousands of middle eastern silk buyers. Have a little faith will you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:33 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 828
Location:
Azteca
JuelzSantana wrote:
heroo wrote:
I don't mind player bots that much as long as the gold bots stay out.

this... idc if a kid uses something illegal honestly. its only a problem if it affects me. the only way bots affect me is by:

a. picking up gold and selling it to players.
- how does this affect me? - prices of items skyrocket
b. servers get crowded from 1 person running 8 man parties.
- how does this affect me? - omfg...

its like gey marriage or drug laws. i dont care what people do unless it affects me


So it doesn't affect you, when a player bot just keeps stealing your monsters? And at certain monsters you'll have a player bot at every location. So there isn't a place without bots. And it also doesn't affect you, that they can level up non-stop and will be a lot faster than you? Seriously your opinion is ridiculous, because you don't seem to realize the full extent of the bot problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5741
Location:
Aege
Kronos wrote:
JuelzSantana wrote:
heroo wrote:
I don't mind player bots that much as long as the gold bots stay out.

this... idc if a kid uses something illegal honestly. its only a problem if it affects me. the only way bots affect me is by:

a. picking up gold and selling it to players.
- how does this affect me? - prices of items skyrocket
b. servers get crowded from 1 person running 8 man parties.
- how does this affect me? - omfg...

its like gey marriage or drug laws. i dont care what people do unless it affects me


So it doesn't affect you, when a player bot just keeps stealing your monsters? And at certain monsters you'll have a player bot at every location. So there isn't a place without bots. And it also doesn't affect you, that they can level up non-stop and will be a lot faster than you? Seriously your opinion is ridiculous, because you don't seem to realize the full extent of the bot problem.

Well, Kronos, this is a mater of opinion. He might not get as annoyed by the fact that bots level faster than him, as you do.
I will have to agree with JuelzSantana that the biggest issue is the crowded servers. Not that it ruins my gameplay, as I'll just buy premium anyway. No, what really bothers me is, that the crowded servers make other legit players quit. That really sucks!

Secondly, the fact that bots destroy the economy is also a huge problem, and in MY opinion, it's worse than the fact that they level faster than me. It has never been a race to the cap for me, but I do realize it is for some people. And that leads us back to why I said this is really a matter of opinion.
You cannot say in general what everyone should be annoyed by, or what they should think about bots.

That being said, I am very annoyed by the amount of bots at my grinding spots as well, Kronos. And indeed it slows down the leveling speed a lot.

I mean not to "defend" JuelzSantana, I simply believe he expressed his opinion - what he believes is the biggest problem. You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion and so am I - luckily :)




By the way, Joymax made an announcement: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=130595&start=0

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:28 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6618
Location:
Off Topic
Kronos wrote:
So it doesn't affect you, when a player bot just keeps stealing your monsters?
And at certain monsters you'll have a player bot at every location. So there isn't a place without bots. And it also doesn't affect you, that they can level up non-stop and will be a lot faster than you? Seriously your opinion is ridiculous, because you don't seem to realize the full extent of the bot problem.


are you really that concerned about wheter or not you're the highest level in your server?

_________________
''When I die, make sure they bury me upside down, so that the world can kiss my ass.''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:57 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 828
Location:
Azteca
heroo wrote:
Kronos wrote:
So it doesn't affect you, when a player bot just keeps stealing your monsters?
And at certain monsters you'll have a player bot at every location. So there isn't a place without bots. And it also doesn't affect you, that they can level up non-stop and will be a lot faster than you? Seriously your opinion is ridiculous, because you don't seem to realize the full extent of the bot problem.


are you really that concerned about wheter or not you're the highest level in your server?


No, actually it doesn't matter to me and even without bots i wouldn't be the highest level, as i can't play that much anymore, but that's fine with me. My point is just that it's unfair competition. It's like having someone bring a gun for a fist fight or a car for a footrace. I know that it's not as important as other points, but it's still annyoing for me. Not that it would actually matter, as you can always compensate levels with your player skills.

And even if this point is invalid for you, then you still have the problem, that bots will steal your monsters at almost every location. I am quite sure this affects you too, even if you don't want to admit it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:45 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6618
Location:
Off Topic
hmm, i must honestly say I never had any real problems with player bots. they were everywhere when I still played on Oasis and Mercury, but there were always enough mobs :D I would always find myself a good spot to grind. ofcourse no player bots would be perfect, but if they just keep out the gold bots I'm already satisfied.

_________________
''When I die, make sure they bury me upside down, so that the world can kiss my ass.''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:12 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4222
Location: Nowhere
heroo wrote:
Kronos wrote:
So it doesn't affect you, when a player bot just keeps stealing your monsters?
And at certain monsters you'll have a player bot at every location. So there isn't a place without bots. And it also doesn't affect you, that they can level up non-stop and will be a lot faster than you? Seriously your opinion is ridiculous, because you don't seem to realize the full extent of the bot problem.


are you really that concerned about wheter or not you're the highest level in your server?


Actually I want to add to that. I'm not concerned in a way. What is annoying if you ever plan on doing any events like Fortress War, CTF, BA, uniques, etc etc are always hoarded by wizards.

_________________
Image
Image
If being a loser means not playing Silkroad all day.. lulwut?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:05 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 720
Location:
Oasis
Kronos wrote:
JuelzSantana wrote:
heroo wrote:
I don't mind player bots that much as long as the gold bots stay out.

this... idc if a kid uses something illegal honestly. its only a problem if it affects me. the only way bots affect me is by:

a. picking up gold and selling it to players.
- how does this affect me? - prices of items skyrocket
b. servers get crowded from 1 person running 8 man parties.
- how does this affect me? - omfg...

its like gey marriage or drug laws. i dont care what people do unless it affects me


So it doesn't affect you, when a player bot just keeps stealing your monsters? And at certain monsters you'll have a player bot at every location. So there isn't a place without bots. And it also doesn't affect you, that they can level up non-stop and will be a lot faster than you? Seriously your opinion is ridiculous, because you don't seem to realize the full extent of the bot problem.


lol bro i ks people simply cuz the quests go faster, and sometimes i pretend not to know english in your eyes does that make me a bot? if you cant ks a computer then there is something wrong with u. ur a human, aka ur intelligent.

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by JuelzSantana on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:43 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4714
Location:
Xian
drezo wrote:
BuDo you should listen to yourself. How could they ever do what they're doing in R to isro? It's a fully released game. This is not only about the bots. How would you feel to have your 120FF character broken by the recent changes? They're remaking the game, not just tweaking it. They do care about us, we're their costumers. But so are the thousands of middle eastern silk buyers. Have a little faith will you.


Are you popping pills? LOL the matrix got u convinced? You and some others on here need to listen...I'm not suggesting that joymax do a server wipe of everybody and start isro over on a clean slate.... I'm not asking for an abrupt overhaul to isro that would cause players to leave...I'm suggesting that Joymax/wemade offer all the features of this SRO-R into isro by comming out and announcing a huge update/change to isro.

If I had a char that was FF 115 and I was told in an announcement from joymax that a new update to isro is comming....set release date etc..and that this update(as oppose to a revamp) includes...no botting....30% easier lvling...improved quest system and all the other stuff SRO-R is proclaiming why da **** would I have a problem with that?..Why would botters still wanna bot?....Also why would I leave?...

I've invested so much in my character and it's not like joymax is banning me...instead they would be giving everyone fair warning ahead of time saying that the game is going to change....They would be saying to me that they're gonna do what they shoulda been doing all those years now....Tell me whats wrong with that?


Look dude...its like I've been saying over and over....Joymax is saying "Hey players..we know how most of you like botting and how some of you don't like it at all"..Well guys..here is what we're going to do".."We're gonna allow bot lovers to continue playing isro and let you non botters who've invested so much of your time and money on isro to start over on a bot free slightly improved version".....Ka-Ching! :D

_________________
Image

_________________________________________________
BOW Full STR Fire level 102 -- ON A LONG BREAK..POSSIBLY FOREVER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 568
Location:
Alexander
BuDo wrote:
Red text


Moral of story: You cannot please everybody.

Yeah, it is possible to do what has been done in SROR to ISRO. But it is far easier to create a new game than update an old broken one. The changes would cause a lot of upset in ISRO, like deleting gold to reset the economy. There is one thing that SROR can bring what ISRO cannot, and that is a healthy range of levels from 1 to 120. Instead of the obvious lopsided population of mostly high levels. But, that idea is only possible if any of JM's intention about bots is going to happen.

Really annoying there hasn't been any huge action against the current bots in game. Really sad. Brownie points for not having goldbots, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:35 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 828
Location:
Azteca
JuelzSantana wrote:
lol bro i ks people simply cuz the quests go faster, and sometimes i pretend not to know english in your eyes does that make me a bot? if you cant ks a computer then there is something wrong with u. ur a human, aka ur intelligent.

I know that you can usually find spots with less bots, but unfortunately that doesn't apply for all monsters/regions. At some monsters the area is really small and the respawn is very low. Both makes it hard to find a good spot for yourself, as the whole area is covered with bots and it's quite likely that bots are closer to the spawning monsters than you. I know that you could just move on to other monsters, but then you won't get your quests finished and won't get the tokens for it. If you want to do all the quests on Silkroad R, then the ksing bots are a major problem. I know that humans are ksing too, actually you have to do it, if you want to finish your quests fast enough.

Also ksing bots are really annoying, when you are partying. In a pt you'll need a lot more monsters than during soloing, therefore you need big lures. Bots will just steal your lures and it's hard to find good spots for pting, as you can't lure enough. Also they often kd or kb monsters and the aggro gets messed up, which results in wizards dying. Pking is not really a solution either, at least when the town is too close and the bots will back in no time. It may not yet be as bad as it used to be on ISRO sometimes, but bots are already a major problem and keep you from leveling fast. I remember times, when you wouldn't find a single good spot at penons, where you could lure enough for a 8-man pt. There were bot pts, solo botters and plevel everywhere and you just couldn't make a pt at penons, which are definitely the best monsters at lv.4X and you wouldn't really want to go somewhere else (Shakram/Edimmu are too high, Yetis are doing AoE, spiders are (mainly) magical and low spawn, Ishade/Hashade can't move, Mujigi/Ujigi are too low and spawn isn't that great either)

BuDo wrote:
drezo wrote:
BuDo you should listen to yourself. How could they ever do what they're doing in R to isro? It's a fully released game. This is not only about the bots. How would you feel to have your 120FF character broken by the recent changes? They're remaking the game, not just tweaking it. They do care about us, we're their costumers. But so are the thousands of middle eastern silk buyers. Have a little faith will you.


Are you popping pills? LOL the matrix got u convinced? You and some others on here need to listen...I'm not suggesting that joymax do a server wipe of everybody and start isro over on a clean slate.... I'm not asking for an abrupt overhaul to isro that would cause players to leave...I'm suggesting that Joymax/wemade offer all the features of this SRO-R into isro by comming out and announcing a huge update/change to isro.

If I had a char that was FF 115 and I was told in an announcement from joymax that a new update to isro is comming....set release date etc..and that this update(as oppose to a revamp) includes...no botting....30% easier lvling...improved quest system and all the other stuff SRO-R is proclaiming why da **** would I have a problem with that?..Why would botters still wanna bot?....Also why would I leave?...

I've invested so much in my character and it's not like joymax is banning me...instead they would be giving everyone fair warning ahead of time saying that the game is going to change....They would be saying to me that they're gonna do what they shoulda been doing all those years now....Tell me whats wrong with that?


Look dude...its like I've been saying over and over....Joymax is saying "Hey players..we know how most of you like botting and how some of you don't like it at all"..Well guys..here is what we're going to do".."We're gonna allow bot lovers to continue playing isro and let you non botters who've invested so much of your time and money on isro to start over on a bot free slightly improved version".....Ka-Ching! :D


I can tell you what's wrong with that. First do you expect the high levels would just stop botting. Well, i don't. Everyone would just keep going and Joymax would be forced to ban all their customers. And even if there would be people, who are going to stop botting, there would be another problem. Many of the botters on ISRO are lv.110+ already. They could surely just stop botting to avoid the ban, but it still wouldn't attract newcomers or get the legits back on the ISRO servers, seeing as there still are lv.110+ botted characters on the server and also tons of goldbot gold. Face it, implementing these changes on ISRO wouldn't do any good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:49 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4714
Location:
Xian
Well I guess we see things differently....All I see here is how joymax is jerking us around under the pretense of "game improvement"......One version will remain the way it is and then this supposed improved version....I see players jumping back and forth between them both which is what joymax wants....If a new player realizes that on one version you can get to cap really fast by cheating ...farming gold or buying it most of them will likely go there....And the players who really appreciate the game are being forced to fork out more money to start over....

_________________
Image

_________________________________________________
BOW Full STR Fire level 102 -- ON A LONG BREAK..POSSIBLY FOREVER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Join the RANT (Silkroad-R website) - Annoy Joymax
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:26 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5741
Location:
Aege
BuDo wrote:
Well I guess we see things differently....All I see here is how joymax is jerking us around under the pretense of "game improvement"......One version will remain the way it is and then this supposed improved version....I see players jumping back and forth between them both which is what joymax wants....If a new player realizes that on one version you can get to cap really fast by cheating ...farming gold or buying it most of them will likely go there....And the players who really appreciate the game are being forced to fork out more money to start over....

Well, if people can't make up their mind if they want to play on isro or silkroad-r, then it's their own problem. It's not Joymax's fault that players switch from isro to silkroad-r and back again, lol.

Anyway, BuDo, I will have to agree with Kronos about what he said before. The people of isro will not stop botting if the Silkroad-r changes were to arrive at isro. And it would not bring back older legits like silkroad-r did.
Isro would have to clear the server for gold completely, else the new quest/drop system wouldn't make any sense. At least remove all gold on characters below lvl 70. And let's face it; that would upset a lot of people!
Besides, as Kronos said, there will still be the 200 level 120 characters that you have to deal with. Not to mention the economy on most servers, which is just farked up.

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group