|
|
Silkroad Online
|
|
Silkroad Forums
|
|
Affiliates
|



|
|
View unanswered posts | View active topics
| Author |
Message |
|
StealMySoda
|
Post subject: [Insert exciting name for leaving thread here] Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:30 pm |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 5245 Location:
|
This isn't just a good bye thread, but just a little thread of my views of the game.
Yes, I'm quitting, I've been playing the last few weeks without silk and actually enjoyed it, however saying that I've hardly been on SRO at all, not even enough to get on that 'Ladder'.
I really feel the bot problem is now out of Joymax's hands. They've had their fair chance; bot list after bot list is just getting lamer and lamer. They are apparently doing something about the bots, yet have no proof that it is. They apparently don't have time to wonder around on admin and ban players on the spot that they find to be botting, yet they have enough time to make completely random bans (Wong for example).
IF (not when) the bot problem ever gets fixed I might be back, but if it is truly fixed the game will be very dead for a long while, as the amount of legits that actually play the game is very few. I might return fully (buying silk and all that jazz)
Like many SRO has taken over my life, on the weekends I never have time for work, I go out come home and play SRO, rinse and repeat and I'm lucky if I have time to do work on Sunday nights. I don't see the point in sacrificing the quality of my work for a game that doesn't even give the slightest thing back to me, and a company doesn’t give a jack. I’m not going to go as far as saying that the company is corrupt and simply just doesn’t want to ban bots as they buy silk, but every day my arm is being twisted and making it look like (to me) that that is the case.
JM needs to get their act together, they have shown they are incompetent and can't do jack, they've had almost a year (6/7 months of which I have been here) to fix the bot problem and have nothing to show for it. They keep on asking us to be patient yet still nothing comes of it, and I think the latest lame ban list is something to show for this.
I will be on SRO to chat to my guild, maybe help them with trade runs every once in a while, because after all I owe them so much.
I'll probably stay on the forums until I am so out of touch with the SRO world that I would just be a nuisance.
This thread can go to page 2 as fast as it likes and never be posted in again, however I feel a big thanks is needed for everyone I have met in this game, you know who you are and I'll still be here to help you out.
So long SRO, Good bye, I really hope you don't get consumed by the bots, but you've lost yet another legit player. Your downward spiral continues.
IGN: StealMySoda Level: 70 Guild: PureEntity Status: MIA
_________________
Ooh, I got a sexy ex-staff title!
Last edited by StealMySoda on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Demarthl
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:31 pm |
|
| Advanced Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 2296
|
|
aww, nother one down. take care man
can i have your stuff? ^_^;
_________________ <<banned from SRF for disrespect of the mod team and rules violations. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Kitty
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:32 pm |
|
| Loyal Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1818 Location: MA/PA
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Innovacious
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:33 pm |
|
| Advanced Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2446 Location:
|
Demarthl wrote: aww, nother one down. take care man
can i have your stuff? ^_^;
i dont want his stuff! i want the space he would usually take up on the servers! but sadly im not on greece 
_________________

|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
satman83
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 pm |
|
| Site Contributor |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9541 Location: London
|
|
Wow, i think i speak for a lot of people when i say we will miss you
can i have you gold, wolf, elements and any other sellable items.
_________________
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
RuYi
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:35 pm |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 7145 Location: Done.
|
Take care, and best of luck to you!
Just visit the forums every now and then! 
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
StealMySoda
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:36 pm |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 5245 Location:
|
|
If it comes to the point where I quit forever, I will liquidate my valuables and distribute the acquired gold to my two most trusted friends(I think I know who they are, although only one of them on this forum) on SRO as I know they will use it well.
However, that day isn't quite here yet. So sorry :p You ein't gonna get rich quick.
_________________
Ooh, I got a sexy ex-staff title!
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
satman83
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:37 pm |
|
| Site Contributor |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9541 Location: London
|
|
what happend to your sig RuYi
_________________
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
RuYi
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:39 pm |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 7145 Location: Done.
|
Yeah don't rush it. You never know if you're going to change your mind.
Quote: what happend to your sig RuYi
It's on holiday.
To HAWAII!!
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Vandango
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:39 pm |
|
| Banned User |
 |
Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 4143 Location:
|
|
what is this SRO's most depressing week or somin?
Well i hope to steal your soda some day ^^
cyas
_________________ <<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
satman83
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:40 pm |
|
| Site Contributor |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9541 Location: London
|
RuYi wrote: Yeah don't rush it. You never know if you're going to change your mind.  Quote: what happend to your sig RuYi It's on holiday. To HAWAII!!
waaaaaa  ..well nice to see some sigs have all the luck isnt it
*slaps RyYi playfull across the sig*
(and you can take that anyway you want to)
_________________
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
PsYch008
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:50 pm |
|
| Senior Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 4451 Location: reno
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
satman83
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:57 pm |
|
| Site Contributor |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9541 Location: London
|
|
*slaps psych not for fun*
yea....hope u come back ok
_________________
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
jleyens
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:03 pm |
|
| Active Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 546 Location:
|
|
I dont understand why peolpe are leaving because of the bots. I see bots yeah sure but it doesnt affect me enough to make me leave. I see one and think "twat boter" and carry on walking by 0_o
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Frozen
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:07 pm |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 347
|
jleyens wrote: I dont understand why peolpe are leaving because of the bots. I see bots yeah sure but it doesnt affect me enough to make me leave. I see one and think "twat boter" and carry on walking by 0_o
#1: Gold bots cause the economy to get messed up so that
gold buyers are the ones with the best gear, They also
cause the server to be full and legit players can't get in.
#2: Player bots cause the game to turn basically into single player,
What good is it playing a mmorpg if nobody talks to you? It also hurts
player moral when they work hard for months and a bot does it in a couple
weeks.
_________________ <<banned from SRF for bot support. -SG>>
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
IceCrash
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:08 pm |
|
| Forum Legend |
 |
 |
Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 6816 Location: Anything goes
|
|
IceCrash here soda..Well gl irl man, and hope to see ya back soon.
Jezz, why da ..... like, when someone says he is quiting or anything like that, a lot of ppl start asking shit like "OH PLZ CAN I HAVE UYR GOLDS AND ITEMS PLSSS" Stfu about it alredy..Only thing you think is in what u can get from every situation, dam that pisses me off so bad.
_________________
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
StealMySoda
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:18 pm |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 5245 Location:
|
IceSworder wrote: IceCrash here soda..Well gl irl man, and hope to see ya back soon. Jezz, why da ..... like, when someone says he is quiting or anything like that, a lot of ppl start asking shit like "OH PLZ CAN I HAVE UYR GOLDS AND ITEMS PLSSS" Stfu about it alredy..Only thing you think is in what u can get from every situation, dam that pisses me off so bad. Lol don't worry about it, they are either joking or really being jerks (in which case they wont get anything anyway  ) jleyens wrote: I dont understand why peolpe are leaving because of the bots. I see bots yeah sure but it doesnt affect me enough to make me leave. I see one and think "twat boter" and carry on walking by 0_o
You obviously haven't visited takla or the caves of Greece recently.
Caves there is a UNITY botter in almost every room plus all the other bots, and in takla all the decent spawn points are taken over by botters.
_________________
Ooh, I got a sexy ex-staff title!
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Deacon
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:48 pm |
|
| Senior Member |
 |
 |
Joined: May 2006 Posts: 4377 Location: De Dutch
|
|
As i did not know you i feel sorry to lose you.. You seem a good person.
Good luck in the future of your life!
_________________ I cannot sing the blues...
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Stallowned
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:52 pm |
|
| Banned User |
 |
Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 4561 Location: aeratadfer
|
|
Even though I never really got to know you or even played on your server it is always sad to see someoone quit, especially when they invested a considerable amount of time into the game.
Good luck in the mysterious thing we call life.
_________________ <<banned from SRF for rules violations. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
nadare32
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:56 pm |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 337 Location:
|
|
Try Yoga now with your free time =)
_________________
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
5m0k3
|
Post subject: Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:58 pm |
|
| Valued Member |
 |
Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 426
|
|
soda.. you bastard... you were one of the few i liked on greece -.-
_________________ <<banned from SRF for mod abuse and rules violations. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
lexies2
|
Post subject: Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:22 am |
|
| Loyal Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1739 Location: The staircase to heaven
|
|
ah well....cya
there are more reasons for quitting then bots...
For me it was because the continuous grind was becoming annoying without nothing to do other then....grind sem more
_________________
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
5m0k3
|
Post subject: Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:50 am |
|
| Valued Member |
 |
Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 426
|
|
well gee... sodas good bye thread didnt go over so well.. not 2+ pages of bye byes and WHY and all =X i feel sorry for yea soda x_X[/b]
_________________ <<banned from SRF for mod abuse and rules violations. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
PimpC
|
Post subject: Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:55 am |
|
| Banned User |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1119 Location:
|
|
Very nice paragraphs man...hope GM's read this(not that I play anymore)
cya and gl in real life I think you will enjoy it more than silkroad
_________________
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Sin
|
Post subject: Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:25 am |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 1113 Location: ---
|
|
Good luck Soda, and long live PE.
_________________ PAX QUÆRITUR BELLO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
StealMySoda
|
Post subject: Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:40 am |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 5245 Location:
|
Sin wrote: Good luck Soda, and long live PE.
Thanks
Keep up your good work as mod.
And thanks everyone else for the kind words (I think lol), maybe I should quit more often  haha J/k
_________________
Ooh, I got a sexy ex-staff title!
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
jleyens
|
Post subject: Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:33 pm |
|
| Active Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 546 Location:
|
|
shit. so basically all us players who arnt yet lvl 50-60 are grinding our asses of for nuthing?
Just to hit a brick wall when we start seing all these bots? hmmm shall i quit to
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
QingMei
|
Post subject: Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:44 pm |
|
| Active Member |
 |
Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 673 Location:
|
Didn't know you on Greece, but good luck in rl and have fun. 
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
MrBow
|
Post subject: Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:09 pm |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 2979 Location: Playin' Talkin'
|
Shit another one from greece that quits ..
sorry to see you go soda - just started to get to know you lol
hf with whatever you do 
_________________
Niyoke wrote: err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
Who is online |
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests |
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum
|
|