Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 

Which vigors do you use?
Grains 42%  42%  [ 16 ]
Large pots 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
None 39%  39%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 38
Author Message
 Post subject: Vigors
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:21 am 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 183
Location:
Sparta
Out of curiosity, how many of you use vigor grains and how many of you use extra large vigor pots when pvping/warring/jobbing?

If you can, explain why you would use grains over pots or the other way around.

Edited: changed large to extra large, but cant cant poll option -.-"

_________________
One day...


Last edited by zephyr on Thu May 24, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vigors
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:25 am 
Retired Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 8004
Location: World of Warcraft
zephyr wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many of you use vigor grains and how many of you use large vigor pots when pvping/warring/jobbing?

If you can, explain why you would use grains over pots or the other way around.

grains are an instant boost, pots are incremental. even though an x-large vigor pot fills you up more, the grains are instant, which may save your life. and often does.

_________________
Image
Thx IceCrash for my awesome sig :)
SRF Name Change Policy
Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:28 am 
Valued Member
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 407
Location:
Oasis
Im too lazy :P none

_________________
Blade__NZ wrote:
shan3e go get banned like Desolator you give as much to this forum as a begger pays in taxes, nothing.

I thought it was soo good i quoted myself :P
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:29 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 823
Location:
Greece
is it possible to pruchase vigor of anything?

of course other than stalls.. is there anywhere else?

_________________
Image
Image
http://www.rev6.com/player.asp?id=47429
Quote:
Famous quotations are for people who have nothing of their own to say, so be sure to use a lot of them. -The Onion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:46 am 
Valued Member
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 407
Location:
Oasis
Nope only dropped by monsters.

_________________
Blade__NZ wrote:
shan3e go get banned like Desolator you give as much to this forum as a begger pays in taxes, nothing.

I thought it was soo good i quoted myself :P
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:59 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4377
Location: De Dutch
Xlarge only :) At LY only tho' and then just bash my Vigor button :P

_________________
I cannot sing the blues...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:06 am 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3473
Location: Stuntin'.
I only use vigor for PVP or against uniques my level.

_________________
Image



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:33 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Athens
i use Xlarge vigors on chars 4+ higher than me.. :P

_________________
Image
Happiness is Just a word to me..
Image
http://shadowsdie.deviantart.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:23 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1391
Location:
Alps
At lord yarken i use grains and pots as im only level 72 and if hes attacking me directly he gets me for 5k a hit so i need a boost.

I always got at least 10 on me just incase though. Never know when people will 2 v 1 you, then complain cos you used vigors


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:26 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Location:
Thebes
when ur really deep in trouble, grains will always be your best friend.

I don't use vigors in pvp, i figure if i die i die... no biggie.

uniques, wars and jobbing, where winning/losing actually matters, i'll use grains

_________________
Image
Meow - Thebes - Pure Str Archer
Stalker_7 - 90 Pure Int Wizard/Bard - inactive
_metroid_ - 72 Hybrid Int Spear -inactive
Bandaid - 64 Pure Int Cleric/Bard -inactive
Nodame - 36 Pure Str Blader - Hacked


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:34 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5887
Location: www.youporn.com
isn't grain easier to collect? I mean you can get them since you start instead of xlarge vigor wich you get later.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:40 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5245
Location:
Off Topic
I use vigor grains, just for the reason they will give me close to 5k+ hp. The xlarge vigors I collect, I bundle em up and give em to a guildie, and she gives me her grains. Yes I could use the xlarge, but as a hybrid int she probably needs them more :)

_________________
Ooh, I got a sexy ex-staff title!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:47 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1550
Location:
Xian
Vigor GRAINS rock ... shouldn't have NPCd them when I was lower ~.~

25% Instant-HP rocks.

_________________
Chaby wrote:
I'm famous, but that's because I'm the biggest attention whore.

Crumpets wrote:
If you had sexual intercourse with an 0x33 member who has 'paid' clockwork .. would that be an offense?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:47 pm 
Valued Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 466
Location:
Troy
BrokenSaint wrote:
I only use vigor for PVP or against uniques my level.



pvp against a monster? :P ... well, i store em all and use em in job fights and for unique hunting. they rock for an int.

_________________
Image
out of business since 10/2007.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:51 pm 
Active Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 615
NO space in quickslot :P so i dont use them

_________________
<<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:53 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 7800
Location:         
Seriously .. grains for pvp = Loss ........

_________________
<< banned for being a constant problem. -cin >>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:53 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 183
Location:
Sparta
Interesting, but for a pure/hybrid int would 1 increment from an extra large pot be the same as a grain? And would 1 increment from an extra large pot take longer than a grain?

_________________
One day...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6618
Location:
Off Topic
lol sorry for this noob question, but what exactly is the big advantage of Vigor ?

_________________
''When I die, make sure they bury me upside down, so that the world can kiss my ass.''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1550
Location:
Xian
heroo wrote:
lol sorry for this noob question, but what exactly is the big advantage of Vigor ?


It gives you HP / MP (both) back at percentages ... like 25% for those small ones ... that's the GRAIN...

Vigor in general just recovers MP + HP at the same time.

_________________
Chaby wrote:
I'm famous, but that's because I'm the biggest attention whore.

Crumpets wrote:
If you had sexual intercourse with an 0x33 member who has 'paid' clockwork .. would that be an offense?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:56 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5887
Location: www.youporn.com
the real advantage is that vigor have his own recharge time, so you cna sue them with hp pot to heal more (3sec for vigor if I remember)

_________________
<<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:01 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4526
Location: Life.
Fat_Smurf wrote:
the real advantage is that vigor have his own recharge time, so you cna sue them with hp pot to heal more (3sec for vigor if I remember)

+1.
I carry 40-50 in my monkey at all times, and sometimes use them, but most of the time its too late.

_________________
Image
^Thanks 0l3n!
Gone. Never really gone, but never really here.
"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:18 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5
Location:
Alps
vigor grains are one of most important things when pvping, any experienced player knows that. It helps a lot to keep u alive when u getting ganged. I never leave home without them :D

_________________
Ign: Aryel
Lvl: 79
Guild: SuperStar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:33 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5887
Location: www.youporn.com
Aryel wrote:
vigor grains are one of most important things when pvping, any experienced player knows that. It helps a lot to keep u alive when u getting ganged. I never leave home without them :D



lol cause everyone try to bang you :D

_________________
<<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:34 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4526
Location: Life.
Fat_Smurf wrote:
Aryel wrote:
vigor grains are one of most important things when pvping, any experienced player knows that. It helps a lot to keep u alive when u getting ganged. I never leave home without them :D



lol cause everyone try to bang you :D



I must be thinking bad..

_________________
Image
^Thanks 0l3n!
Gone. Never really gone, but never really here.
"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:39 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5887
Location: www.youporn.com
MastaChiefX wrote:
Fat_Smurf wrote:
Aryel wrote:
vigor grains are one of most important things when pvping, any experienced player knows that. It helps a lot to keep u alive when u getting ganged. I never leave home without them :D



lol cause everyone try to bang you :D



I must be thinking bad..



huh gang you not bang... stick with the old term we were using in my GW guild lol...

_________________
<<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:47 pm 
Regular Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 239
Location:
Venice
I use vigor grains on my pure STR lvl 80
and i use vigor xlrg on my pure int 80
^.^ works great

_________________
Image
Server: Venice
IGN: Tibus
Level: 80
Guild: ev0lution // Avatar
Status: Single cute girls pm me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:52 pm 
Addicted Member
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 2888
Location:
Red Sea
I don't use them, I feed them to the npc.

_________________
[Red Sea] Level 80 Full Int.

"Your a pushy little bastard ain't ya, but I like that.. I like that!"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group