Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: euro pot delay
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:20 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 80
Location:
Alps
When I first got to play a european char, it was in ksro - the potion delay was 30 seconds.
Yes it was hard to play, almost impossible without a party

Then when they got the fortress wars, they changed the pot delay to 15 seconds. We never had 30 seconds in isro.

I personally think that the pot delay of 15 seconds destroys the party playing of european chars. :( ~ Soo many euro noobs on alps that bot their way up and dont know how to play. Im sure this is similar in your server. With a 30 second pot delay ~ good luck to all the wizards botting ...

I only know of 2 people who chose to be a bard. Having a bard in party used to be essential to survive when there was a 30 second pot delay! As a wizard you deal damage, but you run out of mp quickly, so a bard helps out. 2 Bards create awesome tambours and a dance ~ I never had a party like that at generals before ~.~

when there is a pot delay of 30 seconds, people will actually start looking after each other instead of killing their own stuff all the time.

Do you think 15 seconds is good?

_________________
Guild:Death_Gods
Build:Wizard/Bard
Lv:90 still farming >.<
<inactive> .. ive seen everything there is to see

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:28 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1615
Location:
Athens
And I've played KSRO when they had 15 second pot delay, and I never seen 1 Party that didnt have bards or clerics helping the chinese characters out, It just seemed to me like bards and clerics are gold dust above lvl 80, as Wizards will be nuking away over 5k of their MP per blow, and mobs will be harder to kill meaning the tambours would be sweet absorbtion and damage increase for the whole party, thats when they truly become a essential party member, and PPC is already ready for this kinda thing. But I do understand your point, European bots make me cringe... not that chinese are any better, but its not wonder they can bot...

_________________
Image

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:45 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 520
It was imo 20 sec when i played csro and also the universal pills had delay. Good thing they dont have it now :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:54 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 80
Location:
Alps
Davids wrote:
It was imo 20 sec when i played csro and also the universal pills had delay. Good thing they dont have it now :P

it was 30 in ksro
and with the pills ~ yes that was 30 seconds too
I agree that suxx when you play alone, but its another thing a bard can do quickly
A bard is basically a cleric for mp and status effects.
His dmg increase and protection comes from the tambours / dances

so cleric and bard are very similar, but everyone plays cleric because pot delay is too low thus bard not needed

_________________
Guild:Death_Gods
Build:Wizard/Bard
Lv:90 still farming >.<
<inactive> .. ive seen everything there is to see

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:42 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 884
Location:
Alps
the problem I find on Alps is noone wants to party play ever, I go to Generals and yeah theres a party there, 1 cleric 6 chinese, so I join and the cleric is buffing everyone and healing everyone and not paying a whole lot of attention to me and I died twice, thing I dont understand is why sit there and heal a chinese blader who's hitting a party general for 4-5k and not pay attention to the wizard thats nuking constinatly for 18-22k, so after about 15 minutes of trying be be selective of what monster I hit and dieing and then finding out that 2 people in the party are just sitting there with no mp getting free sp points and not killing anything and were already lvl 80 I finally got tired of it and went solo on the mages. Everytime I look for a good party thats what I find.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:04 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6435
Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it's not the party's it's the crappy community. i guess the only way to make a real party is if you have lots of friends to play with you at the same time. i am rogue/bard and when my wizard friend comes, i allways switch to bard to give him mp. i also have a lvl 16 bard/cleric char but i wanna finish my rogue first...

_________________
Image
Day[9] wrote:
"Tea is a lot like gold expansions - it helps you kill people."
- Day[9] Daily 337 -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:48 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 24
Location:
Alps
soulreapr wrote:
the problem I find on Alps is noone wants to party play ever, I go to Generals and yeah theres a party there, 1 cleric 6 chinese, so I join and the cleric is buffing everyone and healing everyone and not paying a whole lot of attention to me and I died twice, thing I dont understand is why sit there and heal a chinese blader who's hitting a party general for 4-5k and not pay attention to the wizard thats nuking constinatly for 18-22k, so after about 15 minutes of trying be be selective of what monster I hit and dieing and then finding out that 2 people in the party are just sitting there with no mp getting free sp points and not killing anything and were already lvl 80 I finally got tired of it and went solo on the mages. Everytime I look for a good party thats what I find.


:S i think you were on my party donno for sure, but it was alot like that last night, that party sucks until we kicked out those 2 glaivers that were " lagging " , then came another unionmembers and we started to get more exp, usually we play like that 7 chineses and 1 cleric, and we all get nice exp and sp, we make those partys every night, and all the time we are full, we own the generals hills :P, you should try again tomorrow night, we might have a slot open for you, or ou can make your own party, there are always 3 or 4 ppl askin for party all the time, you will be welcome to join us against the generals :P , c ya

_________________
lvl 90 Pure int s/s garms set :P
lvl 90 warrior 2handed.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group