Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anti-bot guilds <3
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:11 am 
Common Member

Like many players out there, I dearly wish for the bot problem to be over, which in a way implies for legit/anti-bot players would want to purge their guild/union from bots, but one can not always be online or checking on your guildies, go to higher/lower level areas just to see if they act bot-like, so I propose a joint effort in looking out for possible botting activities on friendly/legit guilds. I know first hand that this can work, Itonami, Nightfall guild, was nice enough to bring to my attention the fact that one of my guildies was acting like a bot, which after some time and investigation resulted in this person getting banned from my guild, along with other members. If you do not approve bots/botting, and would like to participate then simply post your guild name and in-game name in here, then if any of us (those who are to participate) see any suspicious behavior, we will let you know through a in-game pm if possible, or pm through this forum.

Guild name: BlindMantis
In-game name: DresAn

PS: Please, do not let this turn into a flame war, refrain from accusing anyone on this thread, if you want to do so, do it via pm, thanks <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:39 am 
Forum Legend

It had to be ito lol <3.
Nightfall ftw!!! We won our sedong and third guildwar in a row=the only three so far :P
Against TheDarkMen(ffs there were 5 of them for each of us, they had a lvl 77 nuker, 70 glavier, 64 glavier, 67 nuker, and a lo of other 5x and 4x even 3x vs 6 of us haha and the max lvls we got were 66,65,64 and other 4x and 3x :P) and against TerrorGamin, Claydogg's guild, a lvl 69 and 66 blader vs a lvl 66 int based build and a 64 int based build, and then there was itonami that fought and pwnd all the 4x and 3x theu're guild had :D

Sorry, i really felt like i had to tell that lol.
Anyways, that can be gd even tho i think it wont do anything(ban bots) but we can always try to make this game better so, we can definately do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:24 am 
Banned User

A lot of your guildmates may not be botting now, but once they are in Takla or cave, I bet almost all of them will be botting their ass off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:11 am 
Common Member

I know for sure I wont be botting, and if my guildmates do, oh well I will look for other guildmates that do have a respect for the game and the people that just want to enjoy it, which wont be bragging about their level outside dw south gate, or starting childish global flame wars we are all used to. But who knows? I just hope they stay legit <3

Post subject: Re: Anti-bot guilds <3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:42 am 
Banned User

DresAn wrote:
I know first hand that this can work, Itonami, Nightfall guild, was nice enough to bring to my attention the fact that one of my guildies was acting like a bot, which after some time and investigation resulted in this person getting banned from my guild, along with other members.

Awww <3 ya Dres. Good luck recruiting, I'll always be there to support and help your guild any way I can. Are you looking for a union? We might have a spot, since a guild in our union disbanded.
If you're unioned, who are you unioned with? >_>

IceSworder wrote:
It had to be ito lol <3.
Nightfall ftw!!!

Love ya hun.

Anyway, I think it's a great idea. We all need to look out for each other, and I think every legit guild out there needs to keep an eye out for other guilds. I'm glad I could help.

Post subject: Re: Anti-bot guilds <3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:56 pm 
Common Member

Itonami wrote:
Are you looking for a union? We might have a spot, since a guild in our union disbanded.
If you're unioned, who are you unioned with? >_>

Hehe I appreciate the offer, but I created a union along with the guilds that left my old union, but oh my luck... a new guild joined our union and it seems they are botters, thats plain stupid, we were specific about no botting when they joined >_<. Anyway, I <3 the offer, let's see how the union goes, if it goes wrong I hope the offer is still up, but if it is not, its ok, there shall be another chance =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:43 am 
Common Member

*bump*
Sorry for the double post, I really thought this thread would get more support, I feel discouraged =[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:23 am 
Banned User

Don't feel discouraged. It might take a little time, but it is definately worth putting out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:19 am 
Common Member

great initiative! and I would join you if I hadnt already given up on the game/joymax already. not much help since I'm almost never out grinding anymore anyways :\
if I see any of your guildmates humping the fountain in hotan, I'll make sure you know tho :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:24 am 
Common Member

Oh I have not given up on the game UNi, I just felt bad because of the lack of interest and respect from iSRO, I still have faith in the game =).
Thanks for your support Ito <3 (right, the "<3" does not mean I am trying to hit on you Ito XD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:28 am 
Frequent Member

Gratz on kickin bots out ....
Im so proud to say that te guild im on is BOT FREE.... :D
and
the UNION who were with us.. were botting .. and we kicked them out tooo ...

Quick Easy Fix Turn off your computer, beat it with a hammer. If it turns back on when prompted, turn it back off and do again until it doesn't come on again. Once that is taken care of, go get a book and learn about computers.

NVDIA Drivers
BSOD
Download anything for FREE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:30 am 
Banned User

Yall should spend more time enjoying this game then worrying about a group of people that are increasing expoentially everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:21 am 
Ex-Staff

We just wanna enjoy the game with group of people just like us - non-cheating :wink:

The rest of you *cough* D2A *cough* can play in whatever way you want.

>_> :love: UNi & Ito. I'd love to join the monitor team only if I was still on Greece. :P To be honest though, sometimes its hard to tell a GM even tho u suspect his members botting. But its a good initiative, keep it up!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:56 am 
Common Member

Death2U wrote:
Yall should spend more time enjoying this game then worrying about a group of people that are increasing expoentially everyday.

Those players that "increase exponentially" are what ruin the gaming experience for all of us that actually enjoy the game, we do take the time to level our characters, instead of letting bots do the grinding while we poke our noses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:12 pm 
Common Member

IceSworder wrote:
It had to be ito lol <3.
Nightfall ftw!!! We won our sedong and third guildwar in a row=the only three so far :P
Against TheDarkMen(ffs there were 5 of them for each of us, they had a lvl 77 nuker, 70 glavier, 64 glavier, 67 nuker, and a lo of other 5x and 4x even 3x vs 6 of us haha and the max lvls we got were 66,65,64 and other 4x and 3x :P) and against TerrorGamin, Claydogg's guild, a lvl 69 and 66 blader vs a lvl 66 int based build and a 64 int based build, and then there was itonami that fought and pwnd all the 4x and 3x theu're guild had :D

Sorry, i really felt like i had to tell that lol.
Anyways, that can be gd even tho i think it wont do anything(ban bots) but we can always try to make this game better so, we can definately do this.

I won't lie, a 66 and 65 and 64 nuker vs and 80 glaive SUCKED. And yet we won everytime. We rape, Ice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:37 pm 

uNI and milly left? =[ what happen to everyone while i was gone T.T

good luck with your guilds, u have my support ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:48 am 

UNi hasn't left.. he's on Nemesis afking in towns. lol. grinds every now and then..

Milly's moved to Pacific. *thnx changed

and props up to Dres for another anti-botting guild.

and psh. no <3 from Milly. i'm sad now. T_T

_metroid_ - 72 Hybrid Int Spear -inactive
Bandaid - 64 Pure Int Cleric/Bard -inactive
Nodame - 36 Pure Str Blader - Hacked

Last edited by Nodame on Sun May 13, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:06 am 
Ex-Staff

Nodame wrote:
UNi hasn't left.. he's on Nemesis afking in towns. lol. grinds every now and then..

Milly's moved to greece.

and props up to Dres for another anti-botting guild.

and psh. no <3 from Milly. i'm sad now. T_T

You mean moved to pacific?