__MagnuS__ wrote:
Pure INT spear doesn't die that much faster than s/s does. Big deal, it blocks every so often. Pimp your gear like should, full STR and INT on everything, and you should be better than o.k. with a spear. Besides, Heuksal mastery gives a HP boost AND the damage from the spear kicks the swords ass all over the place.
yes it does die much faster (from my own experience). I'm lvl 60 now.. i have a 52 sos+3 spear and a lvl 56+3 sword with shield +3 br 15.
With spear i get 3 hit by like every pure str with a decent weapon although i can prob kill them faster then with s/s I never get the chance to do so.
with s/s i can take them down, take much more hits even without the block and i got the castle shield too.
the extra hp doesn't do much for ya. you need your castle shield, extra def from the shield and your block. Believe me it makes a huge diffrence.
I use to agree with you.. i've used spear up untill lvl 56 after that you notice that the pure str's new skills hurt you too much to do any good at 1vs1.
This is all asuming that you have average gear, ofcourse with full sosun you can do great. I've got all +2/3 str +21 int +24 (it ain't much i know, just average)
although i'd love to see some 1vs1 vids from you since you are lvl 60+. To see how you fight.