Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: To farm or not to farm... that is the question.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:01 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 595
Location:
Venus
Hey guys, tomorrow is the day Hercules will open and Ive been planning on making a new char there and get it as high as possible.

I'm planning to make an archer and was wondering if its necessary for me to farm or not. Will I still be able to get the necessary skills with 0 lvl gap? I am getting both premium and sp ticket for four weeks as well as a pet monkey, rabbit or some sort that will help me lvl faster.

Will the Premium and SP Ticket be enough to gain the SP I need for 3 hours per day?

Thanks.

_________________

3DMark: 10967
Image

Gaia IGN: iCrit
Guild: TheAbyss
Build: Chinese Pure Str. Archer
Current Level: 8X

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:20 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4599
Location: Studying Computer Science, Vienna
Go 70:70 bow with lightning. Very little SP's are used and the build is decent. Get a touch of ice too.

_________________
Carry your cross, and I'll carry mine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:28 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 595
Location:
Venus
70 70? I thought pure str is much stronger.... hm....

_________________

3DMark: 10967
Image

Gaia IGN: iCrit
Guild: TheAbyss
Build: Chinese Pure Str. Archer
Current Level: 8X

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:35 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4599
Location: Studying Computer Science, Vienna
if you wanna benifit most out of your lightning. But you can go pure STR fire and have lightning low. Either one is good.

70:70 bows are great in PvE, killing mobs of their levels in Anti-devil + combo or just Strong Bow.
full STR levels slower but is better in PvP.
It's just wether you want to be more PvP or PvE oriented.

_________________
Carry your cross, and I'll carry mine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:38 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 595
Location:
Venus
thanks for the reply. Im thinking of just doing either a 4 or 5 lvl gap all the way. Hopefully that will lvl me fast enough to keep myself away from botters Especially when doing quest and stuff. Ill just have to lvl fast at low lvl then hope that no high lvl botters are there yet.

_________________

3DMark: 10967
Image

Gaia IGN: iCrit
Guild: TheAbyss
Build: Chinese Pure Str. Archer
Current Level: 8X

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:55 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 385
Location: Where?
pinoyplaya wrote:
thanks for the reply. Im thinking of just doing either a 4 or 5 lvl gap all the way. Hopefully that will lvl me fast enough to keep myself away from botters Especially when doing quest and stuff. Ill just have to lvl fast at low lvl then hope that no high lvl botters are there yet.


4 or 5 gap might seem "fast" at first... then you'll realize how torturous it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:53 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1195
Location:
Aege
Why do you want to get to high level as fast as possible? The bots will still beat you.

But if you truly want to level as fast as possible you will have to be a pure int spear or sword. Only take weapon skills till you have nukes. Then delevel all of them, for the sp.

You will only level the light tree and will have to train on mobs that you can nuke+lion shout.

If you only have 1 mastery you should be able to carry a 0-1 gap.

Enjoy :)

_________________
lvl 65 4gap 84:84 bow inactive.
GOLD GUIDE Just Read It


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:43 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 595
Location:
Venus
Pure int nukers lvl really really really slow untill they have nukes and are useless without farming. At least the bow can ks and have high attack speed and can kill in a descent amount of time. Not to mention, I like the new skills that will be coming out.

PS, all my iSRO chars have been pure ints or int hybirds nukers and i thought it would be nice switching it a little to pure str. Not dying for once :D

_________________

3DMark: 10967
Image

Gaia IGN: iCrit
Guild: TheAbyss
Build: Chinese Pure Str. Archer
Current Level: 8X

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:35 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1195
Location:
Aege
Sorry I missed the whole thing about wanting to go bow. I just saw that you wanted to carry a 0 gap.

I don't know why you say pure ints level slow before nukes. They level the same speed as there str counterparts.

Either way For a strength or hybrid build you would need 2 masteries one weapon and one force, but you should know that already.
With 2 masteries I don't think you could carry a 0 gap.

Of course you could figure this all out, just plan your build, and then use the sp chart.

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0125557/sro/spgain.html

http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Build_Applet/

Obviously double or triple the sp per level to compensate for the tickets

_________________
lvl 65 4gap 84:84 bow inactive.
GOLD GUIDE Just Read It


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:33 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4599
Location: Studying Computer Science, Vienna
pinoyplaya wrote:
thanks for the reply. Im thinking of just doing either a 4 or 5 lvl gap all the way. Hopefully that will lvl me fast enough to keep myself away from botters Especially when doing quest and stuff. Ill just have to lvl fast at low lvl then hope that no high lvl botters are there yet.

You will stop in your mid 30's by doing a 5 level gap. Avoid that.

_________________
Carry your cross, and I'll carry mine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:00 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 595
Location:
Venus
so what is ur guy's suggestion?

Edit, I calculated that I can get a max in necessary skills at lvl 31 pacheon with 0 lvl gap all the way to lvl 31, thats how far I calculated hehe. But quest may lower that sp I gain since you gain less sp when doing quest i think... than how much you gain in xp.

Im only planning to lvl fire and pacheon untill I have enough sp to lvl lightning. Maybe just to lvl 17 to get the 20% speed increase and thats it until I will farm at high lvls.

But, when the new server comes, Hercules which is supposed to open right now, should I just farm at lvl 16? It will be difficult without a good bow and stuff, I might just to a 7 mastery and lvl to 25 then dlvl back. The only reason why I hate farming at lvl 16 is that it is very difficult to find a guy that will help you dlvl. And dlvling at dw takes forever. 1minute per 2% lost cuz you have to run all the way outside till u find the next monster and there are times that someone will kill that monster before it even hits you and that adds additional time.

I may be able to do a 3 lvl gap and still lvl fast enough and gain enough skill points.

And from lvl 1 to lvl 70 at 0 gap gives me a total of 74k sp which is way enough and with sp ticket and premium, thats around say 100k sp?

What do you guys think? At lvl 70, i may just lvl pacheon mastery to 70 but skills are like lvl 50+ or something, or I can start farming at lvl 64 where I can just stop my mastery at lvl 55 in order for the other skills to catch up.

From lvl 64 - 65 is over 55k sp with 9 lvl gap.

From lvl 55 - 64 from 0 to 9 gap gives me.... 64k sp. Hm....

I think I will go for it. And just lag my lightning and fire skills but lvl up only my pacheon skills in order to get a 0 gap.

_________________

3DMark: 10967
Image

Gaia IGN: iCrit
Guild: TheAbyss
Build: Chinese Pure Str. Archer
Current Level: 8X

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group