Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Which is the best subclass for warlock?
Bard 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Cleric 81%  81%  [ 97 ]
Wizard 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Warrior 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Rogue 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 120
 Post subject: Official Warlock Subclass Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:27 pm 
Banned User

[GUIDE] European Subclasses.
This guide has some ideas about subclasses for each primary class you can take with a european. You can take a look at it before posting, but do not post in here criticizing or refering to that guide. Its only for ideas or w/e. The discussion here is of informal kind.

This topic has the purpose of being part of an organized, coordinated discussion on different European Subclasses. There will be several more topics like this one, all about european classes. Please, only post after thinking. DO NOT POST INCONCLUSIVE REPLIES.

If you think you know what you are going to talk about, do the following:
Vote on the poll, and then post why you chose that specific subclass for that primary class. Also, do not refrain from stepping out from the frame. Provide new, original ideas of your own. Post why you think they would work, and a whole array of unique builds might come into light.

Try not asking many questions here, unless they are somewhat related to the discussion.

Flaming WILL NOT be necessary.
If you are sure that someone posted shit, report it, and let the mods take care of that.
But please, do argue with others, we do want a discussion, a debate, but try to refrain from flaming.

Last edited by raphaell666 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Official Warlock Subclass Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:41 pm 
Frequent Member

IMO cleric is the best, cause it helps with survivability and is the best for parties. Also, is is better for 1v1 and group pvp. Wiz is also OK, but the only thing u gain is extra damage which u really dont need.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:24 pm 
Banned User

Cleric adds a power nuke to an otherwise weakish Caster class. The survivability given by Cleric makes it almost invincible on top of everything.

Wizard/Cleric Guide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:52 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

with cleric as your sub, the only builds that cause problems for warlock/cleric are xbow rogues or dagger rogues in stealth, and axe warriors/cleric
but reflect should be able to handle the rogue unless you get killed by the shot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:31 am 
Veteran Member

ya i say a lvl 70 cleric and a lvl 10 warrior subs, since for resing people is always lvls above the time you get the skill to res you'll always be able to res any one around your lvl and up to the cap. You still get a decently strong bless, recovery divsion, and the lvl 10 for the sheild bash, to get things/ people away from you when you need to buy time

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:03 pm 
Ex-Staff

The Warlock is a great solo class, probably the best (together with Xbow rogue). That's why I like using bard with the warlock. Noise and Moving march are a great benefit. Also, the warlock can take the role of the bard in a party, should there be superior casters (wizards). A warlock doesn't pack the punch of the wizard in a party, but it can definitely help with PT giants, or regular giants (with debuffs and DoT's).

Overall, I like the bard sub, but, as mentioned above, cleric is also good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:39 pm 
Banned User

Cleric:-
in pvp:- Stun==>Debuff==>offering=100% ur enemy is dead (exept if it's blocked)no1 from ur lvl can take offering and not die, what about offering with debuff :)
in lvling:- recovery divison help u alot,buff and ress and heal or debuff in pt playing
Bard:-
in pvp:- USELESS
in lvling:-speed and noise,tambour is pt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 pm 
Frequent Member

Warlock can vary, I suppose since warlock is the main and you want a subclass the character will be pure int? Considering some of the subclass choices are you trying to include the pure str warlock as well?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:22 pm 
Banned User

Glavie's Girl wrote:
Warlock can vary, I suppose since warlock is the main and you want a subclass the character will be pure int?
Yeah.

Glavie's Girl wrote:
Considering some of the subclass choices are you trying to include the pure str warlock as well?
No, I just gave all possibilities for this specific main class: Warlock (so I put on the poll all euro classes except for warlock). With warlock as main, for me it will be pure int. If you want to do a pure str warlock, then warlock would be the subclass with your mainclass either rogue or warrior. So, no, I'm not including pure str sub warlock on that poll.

Last edited by raphaell666 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:06 pm 
Casual Member

Cleric the best Sub For Full Or Hybrid int Ofcorse than anything els

foudre wrote:
ya i say a lvl 70 cleric and a lvl 10 warrior subs, since for resing people is always lvls above the time you get the skill to res you'll always be able to res any one around your lvl and up to the cap. You still get a decently strong bless, recovery divsion, and the lvl 10 for the sheild bash, to get things/ people away from you when you need to buy time

What About the Holy Spell ?

90/90 Will Do better , Any ????\warlock Can't Kill U That easy and with a Big luck and For Sure it's Very hard Against them , But 90/80/10 they can Debuff U And sleep and Using Heddin

And U can buy time with the other stun in Lvl 76 , U don't need the shield Trash For droping the last 10 lvls Of the cleric

And The Finally Bless is A Very Str One that can Help U much And Ur party

And 90 Cleric is very nice with helping In wars Or parties , Don't forget the New Group ress in lvl 90 25 meter

:)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:20 pm 
Frequent Member

Unlike the second stun which is an aoe stun that takes time to cast, sheild trash is an instant skill with a very low cooldown time.

And it would be 90 warlock/80 cleric/10 warrior not the 70 cleric foudre is thinking of.

Even at full blues on gear a pure int warlock only has 12k hp at 90.

And yes a cleric is nice in parties but most people in parties dont pay attention to the cleric, and whom is the first target of enemy, thats right the cleric. Unlike stun which can only be casted while holding the warlock rod, sheild trash can be used while acting as cleric. From experience you can sheild trash, party heal, and sheild trash again as they run back to you giving the party enough time to be like oh shit save the cleric. lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:42 pm 
Casual Member

Glavie's Girl wrote:
Unlike the second stun which is an aoe stun that takes time to cast, sheild trash is an instant skill with a very low cooldown time.

And it would be 90 warlock/80 cleric/10 warrior not the 70 cleric foudre is thinking of.

Even at full blues on gear a pure int warlock only has 12k hp at 90.

And yes a cleric is nice in parties but most people in parties dont pay attention to the cleric, and whom is the first target of enemy, thats right the cleric. Unlike stun which can only be casted while holding the warlock rod, sheild trash can be used while acting as cleric. From experience you can sheild trash, party heal, and sheild trash again as they run back to you giving the party enough time to be like oh shit save the cleric. lol

lol , U Already Don't need the second Stun if you use Vampire to make it effect , No debuff or sleep or anything will Fail after it Work

But it not that slow move U think , it's very help full ( BTW They attack slow too , exept the low dmg moves lol )

Then i don't care what u saying

If anyone want to go 10 warrior go for it , And U won't have Light armour

( You already One Hit from any one with out bless If Crit Or not a Perfect Gear And With good Gear sometimes U one hit lmao )

Don't talk about it if U not warlock plz , And Cleric Very usefull for U firsly Then the wars Then Any party , and i help many low lvls with it lol -.-

And the clerics already one hit from Wizards If we are talking about the war , they is No enemy party with out a wizard

and xbow and bowers and rouge under stealth what U Gona Do against them ?

BTW , With 90 cleric U can get light armour for the passives if u using cleric and it's better than shield trash:)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:56 pm 
Frequent Member

Dude, was I personally attacking you at all? oO there is no reason on a forum that is meant for disscussion to say "I dont care what your saying".

When your warlock you don't get the defense passives for wearing light armor anyways, which makes the cleric nice for pvp, but without the cleric rod you dont get the passives.

China can still use ice wall to stop all incoming debuffs after that, even after from vampire kiss. And with the status pill that has a 20 second cooldown, they throw up ice wall, pill out of it and start hitting you without fear of being stunned or anything, but sheild trash can still interrupt thier skills even in ice wall. Being able to use sheild trash while in cleric mode is a nice bonus too, mainly because it cancels an attack, bind only holds in place doesnt cancell that incoming attack.

What does anyone do against a wiz or rogue in stealth mode? That isnt just a warlock only issue it affects all builds. And besides warlock is still holding that shield, might block the first attack spin around and sheild trash the fool away, stun and go to town on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:09 pm 
Casual Member

lol i'm sorry

Forgive Me , I won't contunue the Argument :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:56 pm 
Common Member

How about a Warlock With Just stealth from Rouge mastery as part of a sub.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:08 am 

Chaos-Angel wrote:

that's stupid...

the biggest problem for warlock/cleric is someone with a cleric sub
but they own chinese :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:40 am 

thechampion80 wrote:
Chaos-Angel wrote:

that's stupid...

the biggest problem for warlock/cleric is someone with a cleric sub
but they own chinese :D

only chinese without ice shield :P

any bow or nukers with ice wall will win int warlocks of any kind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:38 pm 
Veteran Member

I think the best sub for warlock is cleric with lvl 10 warrior for shield bash, the only way a warlock will kill a warrior is with shield bash and it basically makes it impossible for a glaive to touch you