Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Which is the best subclass for cleric?
Bard 45%  45%  [ 40 ]
Wizard 19%  19%  [ 17 ]
Warlock 18%  18%  [ 16 ]
Warrior 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Rogue 11%  11%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 88
 Post subject: Official Cleric Subclass Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:29 pm 
Banned User

[GUIDE] European Subclasses.
This guide has some ideas about subclasses for each primary class you can take with a european. You can take a look at it before posting, but do not post in here criticizing or refering to that guide. Its only for ideas or w/e. The discussion here is of informal kind.

This topic has the purpose of being part of an organized, coordinated discussion on different European Subclasses. There will be several more topics like this one, all about european classes. Please, only post after thinking. DO NOT POST INCONCLUSIVE REPLIES.

If you think you know what you are going to talk about, do the following:
Vote on the poll, and then post why you chose that specific subclass for that primary class. Also, do not refrain from stepping out from the frame. Provide new, original ideas of your own. Post why you think they would work, and a whole array of unique builds might come into light.

Try not asking many questions here, unless they are somewhat related to the discussion.

Flaming WILL NOT be necessary.
If you are sure that someone posted shit, report it, and let the mods take care of that.
But please, do argue with others, we do want a discussion, a debate, but try to refrain from flaming.

Last edited by raphaell666 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Official Cleric Subclass Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:35 pm 
Frequent Member

My vote goes to bard or warlock. If u want the complete party build and ultimate buffer go with bard, but if u would like to be a little better at pvp and party offense go with warlock. Warlock is also good because it is an easy weapon switch and has some very helpful skills like stun and sleep which almost never fail.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:19 pm 
Banned User

Pure Cleric is definitely Bard. Nothing needed outside of Cleric only secondary that could help would be Warrior so you could have Shield Trash.

Wizard/Cleric Guide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:15 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

in my opinion bard will be good i think or maybe warlock
my vote: bard

btw do some 1 know how much hp full int cleric will have whit out blues? at lvl 80 and/or 90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:08 pm 

Bard. If you are going to have your main class be a Cleric, its probably for helping others out. The next best class to do so is the Bard class.

I LIKE IT!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:54 pm 
Site Contributor

lemonsareyum wrote:
Bard. If you are going to have your main class be a Cleric, its probably for helping others out. The next best class to do so is the Bard class.

Most clerics hate barding. I suggest warrior for the knockback, can save your ass if you start getting attacked.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:51 am 
Valued Member

I'd say wizard or warlock.

Cleric is one of the most boring occupations after 60. At 80 you're clicking 1 button every 7seconds.
Pick something fun like wiz or warlock.

warrior sub is nice for the shield trash which is very useful in pvp, i don't recommend it in grind parties.

if you have fun with the bard skills, ~some people do~, then take that.

bottom line: Cleric is very repetitive pick a class that you think you can enjoy on the side.
not sure, what a cleric could get out of a rogue or warrior sub but if you want masks or something be my guest as long as it's fun.

If we're going for practicality, it would be wizard sub; wiz/cleric + warrior =s a nice party anyday.
If we're going for pvp wiz/cleric or warlock/cleric

gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:48 am 
Frequent Member

well it all comes down to what kind of cleric you want to be.

if you like being a full support, party helpful type of cleric, go with cleric/bard build

if you like being versatile as a great attacker or healer, go with cleric/wizard

if you like to pvp and have fun, go with cleric/warlock and just switch rods to stun/debuff/sleep/bind/heal :D

i personally like to pvp..so it's cleric/warlock for me :D. i would hate to be a full support because there are some days where i do have to solo to finish my gt or a quest..and having a good attacker (warlock) will help.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:56 pm 
Frequent Member

Bard/warrior sub for me, I considered wizard though. End result @ 90 will be Cleric 90/Bard 80/Warrior 10.

My char is primarily support, but I'm working on keeping my attack skills as high as possible (Overhealing is useful).

Bard skills are minimal at the moment, just noise, moving march, hit march, temptation, guard tambour, mana cycle.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 pm 
Common Member

Just want to put my two cents in on the merits of bard.

I solo as a bard. The attack skills may look weak compared to the cleric attacks, but the cast time and cooldown is quicker. My damage per second output is higher as a bard than as a cleric. And I don't blow myself up every few minutes. :P I've tried soloing as both.

At level 80, I can kill 4 green mobs in 2 skills. I can 2-shot orange mobs and usually 3-shot a red mob. Put on RD, maybe add Holy Spell, Noise, Moving March, and a tambour if you want, and off you go. I rarely (and I mean very rarely) die while soloing. If I have to solo while on ticket time, I can get 15-20%. Not bad for a full support character, wouldn't you say?

Oh... the biggest side benefit of bard/cleric - you don't need pots!! :love: Mana Cycle, Recovery Division, Healing Cycle

Silkroad - _Rhapsody_, Bard/Cleric, 96 (inactive) :love: PurePainCrew
RIFT: Planes of Telara - Level 50 Guardian Cleric