Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [GUIDE] Cleric/Bard Hybrid Int
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:36 pm 

Hi everyone. This is the first time I'm making a build guide, but I hope you can learn something from it. ^^
If you know anything else I can add, don't hesitate to reply! :D

Cleric/Bard
Full Support

Stats

My build is a 1:2 Hybrid Int. Why you ask? Because I chose to be a Full Support build, not a Battle build. Having the extra Str is a great advantage because as a cleric, I will sometimes drag aggro on myself, and I need to be able to survive a few hits. Having less Int also has disadvantages, like dealing less damage and maybe running out of mp a few times.
But as far as I have experienced, this 1:2 hybrid is a good, balanced build for a full support char. I am able to stay alive in a party and even tank some monsters until the Warrior gets them. And I usually have enough mp to heal everyone (even without a bard giving mp).
Please note that this build is not ment to solo-grind. You will always need a party since your damage will be very low.

If you want to become a Battle Bard, I suggest you go full int though.

Armor

Robe

I chose to wear Robes. This lowers my mp usage (wich is very handy since I'm not full int) and also gives me 20% extra speed. Disadvantage is that it does not have much physical defence.

Light Armor

You can also choose to wear Light Armor. This will give you more physical defense and 10% speed increase. Disadvantage is that you will use a lot more mp.

Skills

Blue: Important skill, max it.
Green: Optional. You can max it, leave it at lvl 1 or skip it.
Red: Don't add.

Cleric

Image Image

Image Image

Heavenly Rage: Passive skill, increases magical damage. Although you will probable not be dealing damage a lot, there will be some times when you need to attack.

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Trial Cross: Low lvl attack skill. Could be handy in the lower lvls. Keep at lvl 1 or skip.
Healing: Will be important in the lower lvls, and you also need it to get the upgraded version.
Reverse: Your first ressing skill. Also needed to get upgraded version.
Innocent: Does the same as a universal pill. Not absolutely necessary.
Justice Cross: A small AoE attack. Could be handy sometimes.
Healing Breath: Heals 1 person. It's nice but not absolutely necessary because you will get a lot of other heals and group heals at this lvl.
Grad Reverse: Allows you to res higher lvl. You will definately need this (along with Reverse Oblation).
Integrity: Same as Innocent, except this works for your whole party.

Image Image

Faith: Important passive, doesn't matter what armor you wear. You'll need it for the absolute damage skills.

Image ImageImage

Over Healing: Absolute damage. Will be very important vs other players.
Glut Healing: Also Absolute damage.

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Group Healing: On lower lvls you will rely a lot on this skill. You also need it for the upgraded version.
Healing Division: Heals the 2 people in your party with the lowest hp. I rather use Group Healing.
Healing Cycle: Sexy Heal-Over-Time skill. Also doesn't aggro. Get it!
Group Healing Breath: Group Healing skill at higher lvl. You could skip it if you want, but recommended to still get it.
Healing Favor: Upgraded form of Healing Division, optional.
Healing Orbit: Awesome skill that Healing Cycles the whole party at once. Get it!!

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bless Spell: One of the best cleric skills, wich gives your whole pt a great increase of mag/phy defense for 45 sec. Definately get it.
Recovery: Very usefull skill. Even though it only heals 1 person, it heals a good amount of hp.
Recovery Division: A skill that heals the whole pt for a long time. (5 minutes at lvl 1)
Group Recovery: This is kind of a "life-saver". Heals the whole pt for full hp, and very fast. It does aggro however.
Holy Recovery: Upgraded version of Recovery.
Holy Recovery Division: Upgraded version of Recovery Division.
Holy Group Recovery: Upgraded version of Group Recovery. Recommended.

Image ImageImageImageImage

Group Reverse: Resurrects your whole party at once, very handy.
Reverse Oblation: Fast resurrection skill wich also gives an extra buff.
Holy Group Rebirth: Upgraded Version of Group Reverse. Optional because maxed Group Reverse is able to res to lvl 100.
Rebirth Immolation: Upgraded Version of Reverse Oblation. Optional because maxed Reverse Oblation is able to res to lvl 100.

Image ImageImageImage

Charity: Max it even if you don't wear Light Armor, you will need it for important skills.
Glory Armor: Only get it when you wear Light Armor.
Favor Armor: Only get it when you wear Light Armor.

Image ImageImage

Offering: This skill does the most damage in the game. However optional because you are not full int and not a battle build.
Pure Offering: Upgraded version of Offering.

Holy Word: Buff that will protect you or others from most abnormal statusses.
Heaven Flash: Bind skill. This is pretty useless because most people will resist it, and you don't need it to get the upgraded version.
Holy Spell: Upgraded version of Holy Word that works for your whole party. A maxes Holy Spell will make you pretty much immune for any bad status.
Heaven Glare: Upgraded version of Heaven Flash wich works for multiple targets. Optional.

Force Blessing: Str increase buff.
Mental Blessing: Int increase buff.
Body Blessing: Phy defense power increase buff.
Soul Blessing: Mag defense power increase buff.
Force Deity: Upgraded version of Force Blessing.
Mental Deity: Upgraded version of Mental Blessing.
Body Deity: Upgraded version of Body Blessing.
Soul Deity: Upgraded version of Soul Blessing.

Bard

Vibration: Passive Mag attack power increase. Optional since you're not really a battle build.
Echo: Passive Range Increase.
Music Life: Passive MP Consumption reduce.
Prism: Passive Resistance increase.

Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Horror Chord: Attack skill, optional.
Booming Chord: Attack skill, optional.
Mana Switch: Recovers a little mp when the target damages someone. I never found it very usefull.
Weird Chord: Attack skill, optional.
Booming Wave: Upgraded version of Booming Chord

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Moving March: Speed skill, important.
Guard Tambour: Physical damage absorption buff for the whole party.
Mana Tambour: Magical damage absorption buff for the whole party.
Hit March: Attack rating increase buff for the whole party.
Swing March: Upgraded version of Moving March
Clout March: Upgraded version of Hit March.

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Holding Clamor: Bind skill, I never found it very useful.
Cure Melody: Cures a bad status, I like integrity better though.
Temptation: Fun to see monsters fight, but this is kinda useless.
Rave Melody: It recovers about 100 more mp than it uses, pretty useless. Mana cycle is way better.
Patter Clamor: Upgraded version of Holding Clamor.
Cure Music: Upgraded version or Cure Melody
Curious Temptation: Upgraded version or Temptation.
Rave Harmony: Upgraded version of Rave Melody.

Tuning Noise: Absoluteness damage, although very low damage compared with the cleric absoluteness damage.
Mana Cycle: You will definately need this. It heals mana for 16 seconds. Max it.
Noise: Stops monsters from attacking you.
Mana Wind: I never really used it, but I suppose it could be handy.
Discord Wave: De-aggros monsters that are attacking the target. Usefull to save yourself or the cleric in a party.
Tuning Sound: Upgraded version or Tuning Noise
Mana Breeze: Upgraded version of Mana Wind.
Mana Orbit: Heals the mana of your whole party for 16 seconds, max it!

Image ImageImage

Tripping: Passive that increases range.
Screen Dance: Passive that increases resistance.

Dancing of Valor: Physical damage increase dance. A dance only works with 2 bards (where 1 does a tambour and the other one does a dance).
Dancing of Magic: Magical damage increase dance.
Dancing of Healing: HP Heal Amount Recieved increase dance. You probable won't use this a lot since phy and mag damage are the most important.
Dancing of Mana: MP Consumption Reduce dance.
Dancing of Fight: Upgraded version of Dancing of Valor.
Dancing of Wizardry: Upgraded version of Dancing of Magic.
Dancing of Vitality: Upgraded version of Dancing of Healing.
Dancing of Mentality: Upgraded version of Dancing of Healing.

SP

From lvl 1 to 100 with only the necessary skills, you'll need 1,041,938 sp.
From lvl 1 to 100 with the necessary and optional skills, you'll need 1,877,411 sp.

Note: If you lvl from lvl 1 to 100 with a 0 gap, you earn 354,640 sp.

For more information, visit Nivlam.

Party Play

The most important thing with this build, playing in a party.

Cleric

Healing
As a cleric, it is your job to keep everyone alive. In the lower lvls, you will mostly be using group heals.
When you get Healing Cycle, make sure you use it on the tank(s) all the time. It lasts 16 seconds, and it's almost an instant casting skill. So you have plenty of time to keep a constant healing cycle on the tanks and others if they seem to aggro much. When you get Healing Orbit, you can just cast this every 16 seconds and it automatically heals the entire party.
At lvl 40 you will get Recovery Division. It's a useful healing skill that lasts a long time, but it gives you aggro. So it's your own choice to use it or not, if you do, make sure the tanks can hold their mobs, or save you in case you drag a mob to you.
Recovery and Group Recovery are what I call "life savers". They aggro a lot, but it's a fast casting and it heals a lot of hp. If your Healing Cycle can't keep up and your teammates are taking too much damage, you can use these to save your party.

Buffs
As a cleric you will also give your party members buffs. Make sure to give all str characters Force Blessing/Deity and all int characters Mental Blessing/Deity, not the other way around. This will increase their damage, and give the tanks more hp. The ints shouldn't need the extra str because they are not supposed to be the tankers.
You can buff maximum 4 people with str, and 4 people with int. This means you cannot give your whole party both buffs.
What if you have too many str or int characters and you run out of buffs? Then you will have to set priorities. Give the buffs to the most important people. For example: a wizard will need the int buff more than a warlock, so you will give it to the wizard instead of the warlock if you don't have enough buffs for both. (sorry warlocks :P)
What if you have buffs left? Well, then give str to the most vulnerable people, and int to the ones that seem to use the most int.
Then, there are the Defense Buffs. Body Blessing/Deity gives you extra phy defense power. Soul Blessing/Deity gives you extra mag defense power. Use the ones that are appropriate for the mobs you grind at. Also, if you know that you are underfarmed or your skills are at low lvl, check if someone else in the pt has better defense buffs. These buffs stay if you switch weapon (except on yourself).
Holy Word gives you more immunity against bad statuses. Use it when the mobs give a status, otherwise don't.

Bard

Healing Mana
If you are barding in your party, you have to make sure people don't run out of mp. You will mostly be using Mana Cycle or Mana Orbit for this. They are mp healing skills that also last for 16 seconds.
Make sure to use Mana Cycle on yourself first, and then on the others (we don't want the bard running out of mp, do we?). Tanks generally don't need a lot of mp, but the wizards and the cleric do. Keep Mana Cycle on them and other ints.
When you get Mana Orbit, it will automatically recover mp for the whole party. This will give you plenty of time left, and you could even go Battle Bard.

Tambours and Dances
When you are barding for a party, make sure to always use a tambour. They are very important to increase the party's defense or the party's damage.
Guard Tambour increases the party's physical defense by absorbing part of the damage your party gets. Use it on physical mobs.
Mana Tambour increases the party's magical defense by absorbing part of the damage your party gets. Use it on magical mobs.
Hit March increases the party's overall damage. Use it if you don't need the other tambours, or when you have 2 bards.
If there are 2 bards in the party, one can do a tambour, and the other can do a dance and another tambour.
Dancing of Magic/Wizardry will be the dance that you use most. Since ints are usually the main damage dealers, you'd want to increase the magical damage of your party.
Dancing of Valor/Fight can be used when the main damage dealers are str characters (for some reason). It will increase the physical damage of your party.

Battle Bard
When you have everything under control in the pt, you could switch to battle bard. A bard has 3 nukes, with pretty fast cooldown and fast casting. However, as this guide is based on a 1:2 Hybrid int, the damage will be pretty low. If you are planning to make a more int-based build though, battle bard can be really good.

Last edited by Dark Ashelin on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Cleric/Bard Hybrid Int
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 pm 
Frequent Member

You should add a little section about pvp. In my opinion, pvping solo with this build would be very hard to accomplish, but I'm sure it would be great in group pvp with a euro party. You may also want to add a little bit about the euro party in general as well.

iContagious - 81

ZSZC:
iPewPewUQQ - 63 Bower

Iris :
Star_L1ght - 59 Rogue/Warrior

Venus:
TR_ousers 57 Rogue/Bard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:49 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide ^^
I'm a hybrid int Bard/Cleric too :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 am 
Banned User

NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:
You should add a little section about pvp.

This build will pretty much suck when at 1vs1 pvping.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 am 

raphaell666 wrote:
NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:

Yep, only using absolute damage and offering xD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:07 pm 
Frequent Member

raphaell666 wrote:
NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:

It's like you read the first sentence and decided to stop and begin to troll...

iContagious - 81

ZSZC:
iPewPewUQQ - 63 Bower

Iris :
Star_L1ght - 59 Rogue/Warrior

Venus:
TR_ousers 57 Rogue/Bard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:25 pm 
Banned User

NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:

What? I was just replying to you. I wasn't flaming or anything (at least I didn't mean to). The one that made the guide agreed to my reply. I don't understand what you are trying to say. But if you want me to analyze your entire reply, then:
NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:
In my opinion, pvping solo with this build would be very hard to accomplish, but I'm sure it would be great in group pvp with a euro party. You may also want to add a little bit about the euro party in general as well.

1vs1 pvping with this build will be pretty much impossible/it'll suck. Yes, it'd help a lot when at group pvp, but it would not be the one killing (for obvious reasons), It'd only be there to help others. I agree something about partying could be added.

Sorry if I made you feel insulted or anything like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:39 pm 
Frequent Member

NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:
raphaell666 wrote:
NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:

I don't see it as trolling, but constructive criticism of the build. It's a true support-only build. I am a hybrid bard/cleric w/ level 72 masteries and while it's tough to kill me as a cleric, I also don't usually *get* many 1v1 kills. And I'm nowhere near a 1:2 hybrid - only put in 5-6 levels of STR.

The 1:2 hybrid - That's not a PVP build at all, just support. It would take him forever to solo grind.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:55 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i'm probably going to make a build like this but maybe pure int because it can be more support probably due to its higher mp to keep people alive more often and not running out of mp. i'm not flaming this or anything i find its awesome, and being hybrid int would be good too because like u said, u can tank the mob for a bit before the warrior gets the mob.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:09 pm 
Frequent Member

1:2 is TOO hybrid in my opinion. If it was 5:1 it would make much more sense.

ecSRO Highest Damage Contest v1.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:32 pm 

Finished the Skills section and added a Party Play section. ^^
I'll update the SP section as soon as Nivlam is back up too.

Also, noone is telling you to go 1:2 Hybrid if you don't like it. It's just a suggestion and in my eyes a good build.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 am 
Frequent Member

I would get the bard absolute damage skills because even though they are weaker than clerics, A. They cast faster, and most importantly, B. the damage u deal is converted into mp. so for example, if u deal 2000 damage with the skill then u gain 2000 mp. Also, this enables u to almost never use mp pots, when I had a bard on phoenix I kept my auto pot for mp at 1% because I could cycle myself and if my mp got low I would just spam the absolute damage until my mp was either topped or I could use cycle on myself again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:01 am 
Elite Member

on cSRO most people have str clerics, dunno why :o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 pm 

Finished the SP section and added some more skills for 100 cap.
Any more suggestions to add to the guide? ^^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 am 

is offering still strong as a hybrid cleric?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:56 pm 
Frequent Member

Strong enough...depends on how hybrid you go. Mine is slightly weaker but still enough to kill when it needs to...and still does about 40k to a lvl 86 party giant.

I only added about 6 levels of STR (18-20 total). If I had to do it over again, I don't think I'd go hybrid...but it's still a strong support build, and the extra HP does help.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:35 pm 

mario123 wrote:
is offering still strong as a hybrid cleric?

It still is your strongest attack, and I think at lvl 8x you'll hit about 10k less than a full int cleric. (not too sure about this though)
In pvp it's still enough to 1-shot 90% of your opponents, and in pve you'll most probable still do the highest damage in your pt with the skill.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:47 pm 
Frequent Member

Hm. What level are you now? You were listed as level 78 back in January, two months should be enough time to get to at least 82 (I was 76 when I first posted here, now made 82). Did you stop playing?

I know Rev6 doesn't list you unless you go to DW south, but still...

The reason I ask is because I am still not sold on any hybrid cleric past 5 lvls of STR, or for that matter, any hybrid at all. Last night in the DW caves, I went through so many MP pots it wasn't funny...that was running level 9 RD, healing cycle every 16 seconds for 6 people, and the occasional group healing/recovery. Within that entire cycle, I'd use one pot and almost have to use a vigor. My pool of MP is about 18k. Mag/phys is about 99/59 with all my gear - some blued for int, some for str. I still have about 7400 hp, your 1:2 hyb would have about 9400 hp.

I would think a 1:2 would have a really difficult time keeping up in a party because the MP is so much lower - I figure if you blued all your gear for INT you might make 14.5k, maybe 15k, and your magical balance is close to 83-85%...of course that may make the difference too, because your heals depend on your mag balance, int, and your gear's reinforce, mag. attack, etc. So you'd be healing lower in addition to doing less damage (if you're ever called upon to attack/tank).

As for offering - I didn't do much calculating but based on same gear, lvl 82, mag balance of 99% versus mag balance of 83%, it's gotta be close to 12k less damage. (no I don't know the exact damage formula, but can be somewhat close)

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:05 pm 
Banned User

pr0klobster wrote:
I would think a 1:2 would have a really difficult time keeping up in a party because the MP is so much lower - I figure if you blued all your gear for INT you might make 14.5k, maybe 15k, and your magical balance is close to 83-85%...of course that may make the difference too, because your heals depend on your mag balance, int, and your gear's reinforce, mag. attack, etc. So you'd be healing lower in addition to doing less damage (if you're ever called upon to attack/tank).

As far as I know, the only thing that affects healing apart from the skill itself is the weapon magical attack. Nothing else changes it (extra INT, magical balance, w/e. doesn't change it. Am I wrong?). Also, why would a cleric/bard have problems with MP when you can heal your MP with Mana Cycle? I don't think the MP consumption can frequently surpass the one from the Mana Cycle's healing, having in mind you are always with a magical weapon equipped, and therefore your MP healing will always be high (because it depends on weapon magical attack just like healing skills). Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:27 pm 

No you won't be mana cycling yourself as it takes away all int/str buffs.

Btw, I went inactive on all my Venice chars (cuz Venus rules) so I'm still lvl 78. I got 8311 hp and 11899 mp with cleric rod + shield, 8403 hp and 17848 mp with harp equipped. This is with a 7deg npc set. I will try to get online tonight and check my offering damage in both pve and pvp.

Btw, if you play on Venus, there will always be a bard in the pt to heal your mp. (hint hint) xD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:58 pm 

Well I never had problems with my healing skills not healing enough. I don't think being hybrid matters all that much, because I got a full str Rogue/Cleric too, and he does fine at healing. I think your stats don't matter while casting healing skills.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:23 pm 

Well we're just discussing the build so it's ok. You could make a separate topic about the stats affecting your healing skills though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:04 pm 
Banned User

Q: This question is kind of an overall about bard cleric verses other subs . im speaking about sub as cleric for a battle bard .. what are the positives of being cleric instead of wizard? [as a sub for battle bard]

Thanks .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:02 pm 

Well, you'll be able to heal yourself, and have another support sub.
If you wanna compare wizard sub with cleric sub:
- With cleric sub your main attack build will be bard
- With wizard sub your main attack build will be wizard, because wizard still hits more than bard

So it's your choice, if you think bard has enough attack skills on its own, you can go cleric sub. If you like to have more attacks available, you can go wiz sub.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm 

That looks nice, and I hope that it's the same with euro ^^

Btw, wth look at all those goods on the floor :O
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2006 ... reheal.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:34 pm 
Banned User

Just wanted to say that the discussion about healing formula we were having here was moved to Healing Formula Testing/Discussion, so some posts above may seem out of place or something like that. ^_^ We'll post the conclusions here, for any reason.