Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide] Full Cleric
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Complete Cleric Guide

Abstract: With the exception of NightBloom's Cleric Guide (which has lost all pictures), I haven't seen any complete and detailed cleric guides. I am writing this as a level 56 Full Cleric in the Poseidon Server. Although I'm not an expert and nor do I have every skill yet, I do believe I have invaluable information for prospective clerics who are lost and confused. Don't worry, take a breath and READ SLOWLY because you're going to get a HUGE LOAD of information on this complex character.

This guide covers:
1) Build Types
2) Detailed Review of All Cleric Skills
3) How to be a Decent Cleric
4) Solo Play and Attacking
5) PvP
6) Subs
7) Assorted Tips
8) Random Tangents and Examples

1) Build Types
Survival Rating (1-10) - Scale of chances of living

Robes:
-Low Physical Defense, High Magical Defense
-Gives more MP to your mana pool
-20% running speed increase
-Wearing robes actives a passive buff that increases your healing amount
-Survival Rating (3-4)

Light Armor:
- Medium Physical Defense, Medium Magical Defense
- 10% running speed increase
- Wearing Light Armor gives you the ability to get passive magic and physical defense increase.
- Survival Rating(7-8)

Pure Int - It maximizes your damage and maximizes your healing abilities, but you will the straddling a low to medium survival rating (4-5)
Hybrid (Battle Cleric) - As a Battle Cleric Hybrid, you can take damage, and give it right back. Under extreme circumstances, you may run out of MP, but if you're smart and learn how to conserve MP, then it will not be a problem. I keep my Magical Balance above 90%, so invest 1 STR for every 7-12 INT points. Survival Rating (6-7)
Hybrid (Support) - As a Support Cleric, you can take a lot more damage (and even tank), but Do Not do much damage. MP conservation is key, because this build will burn through MP like water and since Europeans have a 15 second potion delay, you will find yourself reading "Not Enough Sufficient MP" often. If you can conserve MP really well, then the great thing about this build is that it's almost invincible. Invest 1 STR for every 2-3 INT points. You must understand that this build is for supporting other players, not for soloing due to the small amount of damage you do. Don't expect to be attacking much or PvP 1v1. Survival Rating (9-10)
Pure Str - Don't even think about it. You will suck in every way possible.

Build Combinations
Robes, Pure Int: With really low physical defense, be prepared to die a lot, which defeats the point of the cleric. What use is a dead cleric? But in a good party, you should not get hit, but stuff happens and people die, not to mention, there aren't many good parties where people do as they should. Survival rating (2-4)
Robes, Hybrid (Battle Cleric): Again, low physical defense, but if you can do a good job of watching yourself and the party, you can pull it off and have a good survival rating. High damage, great heals, No MP problems. Survival Rating (3-5)
Robes, Hybrid (Support): With the extra STR, your HP and Physical defense are higher than the previous builds. Low damage, average heals. The robes will give you extra MP to your mana pool, which you'll definitly need. Survival Rating (4-6)
Light Armor, Pure Int: A bit below average physical defense, maximum damage, maximum healing. Survival Rating (5-7)
Light Armor, Hybrid (Battle Cleric): (My Build Choice) Slightly above average physical defense, average magical defense, decent damage, good heals. MP is not a problem as long as you're smart about what you do, and might only become a problem under extreme circumstances. Survival rating(5-9)
Light Armor, Hybrid (Support): Higher physical defense, average magical defenses, low damage, average heals. MP is a obstical to overcome frequently. You are almost invincible and can even tank, but you don't aggro much. You are here to solely support other players. Survival Rating(7-10)

The highest level Robes and Light Armor:
ImageImage

2) Detailed Review of All Cleric Skills
Key:
Passive - means it will automatically work as long as you meet the specified passive's requirements (ex. wearing light armor for Glory Armor).
Magical Weapon Reflect - means that the specified percentage is multiplied against your cleric rod's damage and adds it to your spell. So a heal that recovers says it will recover 100 HP, will recover 100 + (your cleric rod's power * the magic reflect)
Absolute Damage - The damage specified in the ability disregards defenses and buffs to hurt the target for the said amount.
Cooldown - Time that must elapse before the skill can be used again.
Buff - A buff is an attribute that a player gets that gives them additional abilities or increases their stats (defenses).
"Causes Aggro" - means that doing the spell may turn the mob to you if it is not being tanked or hit by someone. Every once in a while, a non aggro mob could turn on you even though no one hit it. So, if all the mobs are being tanked or hit by someone, then you don't have to worry about this at all. LEARN HOW AGGRO WORKS AND WHEN IT DOESN'T. There are a lot of details of when something will aggro and when it won't. As cleric, I already have that skill mastered and I know when something will turn on me and when it won't. By knowing all the aggro details, I do my job extremely efficiently and very well, and don't ever get hit.
Get It! - Green colored skills mean that you should get the selected skill
Optional - Orange Color means it's useful, but up to you
Not Suggested - Red means it's not suggested to get the selected skill

Heavenly Rage (Passive) - Increases the magical damage of Trial Cross, Justice Cross, Offering, Pure Offering

Trial Cross - This is the first attack the cleric gets. It's damage is almost equivalent to 2 auto-attacks, but Trial Cross is casted faster than 2 auto-attacks. This is the main attack you will use until you get Justice Cross at lvl 60.
Healing - This is useful at the really low levels since it's the only one you'll have at the beginning. After you get other heals, this becomes pretty much useless since you get better healing spells. You also get a much better version of this at lvl 40. So get it at first, but drop it when you get Group Heal and Healing Division.
Reverse - This is resurrection. It levels up once every 10 levels and doesn't need much SP, unlike the chinese resurrection.
Innocent - Gets rid of bad-status of the selected target. Basicly a universal pill. I don't use it because by the time you cast it, the target's universal pills already cure him.
Justice Cross - Second book of Trial Cross, but it hits 3 targets.
Grand Reverse - Second Book of Reverse (Resurrection)
Integrity - Second Book of Innocent (Universal Pill), but cures the entire party

Faith (Passive) - *You must wear robes to have this passive* It increases your healing powers and bad status. This is Required to upgrade your heals in the next 4 lines.

OverHealing - This causes absolute damage. So if there's a wizard running around with a another cleric's buffs, the Bards Defense Screens and Defense Tremors, and even the awesome Bless spell, one or two OverHeals and that's a dead wizard. In the event, CTF, a wizards run in with Bless and die in one hit of OverHeal. Thanks for using LifeControl!
GlutHealing - Second book of OverHealing, but hits 3 targets

Group Healing - Heals everyone in the party as long as they are within 25 meters of you. So if you have a cocky rouge who runs off on his own to fight, he's not going to get healed and it's his fault. This heal takes the longest to cast, so keep that in mind. Causes Aggro.
Healing Division - Heals 2 players in your party that have the lowest HP and are within 30 meters of you. This is the second fastest heal, almost immediate (~1 second casting time). Causes Aggro.
Healing Cycle - Is your friend. This is a must have for you and the tank. It keeps healing the target for 16 seconds. You can put it on as many targets as you wish, but it will consume a chunk of MP, so don't go too crazy with it, otherwise you'll run out of MP. Keep this on the tank. Only put it on yourself if you are getting hit by a mob. No aggro.
Group Healing Breath - Second book of Group Healing. Causes Aggro.
Healing Favor - Second book of Healing Division. Heals the 3 players with the lowest HP. Causes Aggro
Healing Orbit - Second book of Healing Cycle, but it goes on everyone in the party. No aggro.

Bless - This buff last for 45 seconds and makes you and your party practically invincible, but it has a two minute cooldown. I ONLY use this when there is about to be an extreme situation and people will die. For instance, we're attaching a Giant Party and three more parties join in. I immediately use bless and since I save bless for emergencies, it will always be available instead of being cooled down. People will always request and nag for bless, but it's really up to the cleric to use. If they threaten to kick you out (never happened to me), let them, cancel all buffs, and see how long they last without a cleric.
Recovery - This is the better version of Healing. It heals the selected target by a large amount. Personally, I don't use it because there's always more than one hurt person, so I use Healing Division in it's place, but that's just my preference.
Recovery Division - I love this skill. It practically does your job by healing the player in your party with the lowest HP, but it only heals one player at a time every 2-3 seconds. You must still be alert for bad situations, and this is only truly effective in a good party when the tanks are tanking and the nukers are nuking the tank's target. Otherwise, there will be too many people taking damage for Recovery Division to heal and people start dying.
Group Recovery - This is practically an instant heal, as soon as you hit the heal, the party get's a full heal within 15 meters of you. The draw back is that this heal consumes a ton of MP and has like a 20 second cool down, so it's not a viable replacement for your other heals. I rarely use it.
Holy Recovery - Second book of Recovery
Holy Recovery Division - Second book of Recovery Division
Holy Group Recovery - Second book of Group Recovery

Group Rebirth - Resurrects all your party memebers within 25 meters of you simultaneously. I haven't ever had to use this out in the field (PvE), but use it a lot in the Event (CTF).
Reverse Oblation - Resurrects the selected target with the following 2 minute buff: "physical and magical damage 45% absorption, maximum HP 45% increase, physics and magical attack 50% decrease, buff end causes HP, MP 20% decrease" Which means the target takes less damage, but attacks less by 50% and when the buff ends, the target gets hurt by 20% HP and 20% MP. This type of resurrection is almost instant, no casting time like the other resurrection (Reverse). Personally, i haven't gotten this because Reverse does a fine job, and I need all of my SP points.
Holy Group Rebirth - Second book of Group Rebirth
Reverse Immolation - Second book of Reverse Oblation

Charity (Passive) - I'm not sure what this one does exactly. You must have this to upgrade the buffs.
Glory Armor (Passive) - Increases your Physical Defense. Requires you to wear Light Armor, Get It if you wear Light Armor!.
Favor Armor (Passive) - Increases your Magical Defense. Requires you to wear Light Armor, Get It if you wear Light Armor!.

Offering - The most powerful attack in the entire game, but a long casting time (3-4 seconds). It easily does twice as much damage as a wizard, but it takes 95% of your health (hence the name offering), so make sure you will not aggro anything nearby and make sure the target will not live to kill you and there is a minute cooldown. If the target is being tanked and you know the aggro will stay on the tank, then go ahead, but check you rader for any other near by mobs that could aggro on to you. If you get hit just one time after offering, you will die, unless you are many higher than the mobs. Here is where your aggro knowledge comes into play, so you know when you can and can't use offering. When I first got offering, I died many times because aggro changes when the mob gets hit for twice the damage a wizard hits. Learn from your mistakes, and you'll be fine. I use offering all the time with no problem now, it takes some time to learn all the tricks and details. I use Recovery Division (2nd fastest heal) as soon as Offering fires, and I'm fully healed. You can also put Healing Cycle on yourself, then use Offering, then Recovery Division, and you will be fine as long as you get the aggro right and not hit right after Offering goes off. Another cool thing about Offering is as long as you have started casting Offering, your target can teleport or run far far away or go invisible, and he will still get hit and most likely die. If you are in the middle of casting Offering and get hit for more than 5% of your life, Offering is canceled/neggated.
Pure Offering - Second book of Offering, range increase.

Holy Word - Prevents bad status from effecting the buffed target(s). Key word: prevents, not cure.
Flash Trap - Holds a target in place for 10 seconds, but if the target has a range attack, it will still hit you. If anyone, including youself, hits the target, the flash trap goes away. You can use overhealing on the target and it will stay trapped. I don't think it's useful in PvE, maybe for running away? I haven't used it in PvP because most seem to resist it.
Holy Spell - Second Book of Holy Word, but does it on the whole party
Heaven Glare - Second book of Flash Trap, but traps 3 targets at a time

Force Blessing - Buffs target with STR, but you can only buff 4 people
Mental Blessing - Buffs target with INT, but you can only buff 4 people
NOTE: Keeping Force Blessing and Mental Blessing in mind, you must ask yourself, who gets which one? Force Blessing (STR) goes to the tanks since they are STR builds and need the extra HP, defenses, and physical attack since they are tanking. The Mental Blessing (INT) goes to the nukers (damage dealers) since they are a INT build and have INT based attacks and need the extra umph to hit even harder.
Body Blessing - Adds Physical Defense to target, no restriction
Soul Blessing - Adds Magical Defense to target, no restriction
Force Deity - Second book of Force Blessing
Mental Deity - Second book of Mental Blessing
Body Deity - Second book of Body Blessing
Soul Deity - Second book of Soul Blessing
NOTE: Body Blessing/Deity and Soul Blessing/Deity will stay on other players if you switch weapons, but you will lose them. Force Blessing/Deity and Mental Blessing/Deity buffs disappear if you switch to a different weapon other than the cleric rod.

3) How to be a Decent Cleric
Rule Number 1: Keep yourself alive, then the tank
The level of intelligence of the other party members will effect your level of effectiveness. For instance, if they decide to go off in different directions, do you think you can heal them all? No. If they stick together and do their jobs, then you will be most effective. Make sure you buff every one appropriately and everyone gets the defense buffs. Keep your eye on the radar, and keep mental notes of all the mobs in the surrounding area. You need to know if someone will be in trouble and get ready to heal and deal with the mob(s). You must keep a constant eye on the party member's HP located to the left of your screen and heal when appropriate, most likely Healing Division. Use the Healing Cycle on the tank and if he is getting swarmed, use healing division to give him extra juice. Keep in mind, if you spam heals, you will probably aggro mobs onto yourself. You will want to position yourself in the middle of the party, behind the tank(s), and ahead of the nukers. In such position, you will have maximum healing range and you will be able to keep an eye out on the party, not to mention that everyone will be within easy reach.
If your party is getting swarmed, then make sure you and the tank have Healing Cycle. Then use Group Healing and Healing Division to keep everyone alive. Don't forget you have Bless, which makes your party invincible for 45 secs. Remember to save bless for emergencies, not for common use. Resurrect if needed after the trouble is under control.
If players decide to run off on their own and die, do not feel bad or be effected by their words because they're the genius that strayed away. Resurrect them whenever you feel necessary. Wizards that decide to use Life Control (cuts their HP in half for a little more power) will die in 1 or 2 hits from a party, so don't feel bad or take their crap if they choose to risk their life like that. Inform them to not use Life Control.
There are a lot more tips and advice, but that comes from experience.

4) Solo Play and Attacking
Cleric aren't intended to solo because we have to hit the target 3 times to kill it. But if you must, you can attack numerous ways:
Version 1: Use Trial Cross + AutoAttack + Trial Cross
Version 2: Use Trial Cross + OverHealing + Trial Cross
Version 3: (lvl 10 Warrior) Shield Trash + Trial Cross + Shield Trash ect...
*Shield Trash knocks 3 mobs back from you for 3 seconds before they are on you again.

In the event of a giant, keep Healing Cycle on yourself and attack using the method of your choice.

5) PvP
I'm not an expert in this field, but this is what I know. Chinese and Euro tanks have the hardest time killing clerics. Wizards will own you, but you might be able to fend off rouges.
Against Chinese and Euro tanks: Constantly put Healing Cycle on yourself. Use Shield Bash and Trial Cross until you get the opportunity to use Offering. Dead.
Against Wizards: Hope that you block their hit, and return with trial cross (fastest) or overhealing (slower, but more damage)
Against Daggers: Constantly put Healing Cycle on yourself. Use Shield Bash and Trial Cross and Offering
Against Crossbow: You're dead

6) Subs
Bard:
Moving March - Speed
Noise - Prevents preemptive attacks
Mana Cycle - Recovers MP for 16 seconds
The problem with moving march in a party is that unless there is another bard, the party will ask for moving march, and when you switch to the harp, you lose all STR and INT buffs, so you'll have to recast them on everyone again, which is a huge pain!

Level 10 Warrior:
Shield Trash - 80% knock-back, 40% Dull. Knocks 3 opponents back for 3 seconds

7) Assorted Tips
Most of the tips are distributed throughout the guide.

8) Random Tangents and Examples
This section are tales of my cleric adventures and what not.
-As a Hybrid Battle Cleric, I go to areas 8 levels above me, and in parties, and only die during bad situations with a Giant Party, otherwise I'm fine. When I was lvl 52, I went to the Yeti (lvl 59-60) with a wizard from my guild who was lvl 56. We partied up, she tanked parties(Oh yeah, the full attention of a good cleric can do the impossible, up to three at a time (bless) and it was a powerleveling session for us. We only died because of two attacking party Yeti and a Giant Party overwhelmed us. In my opinion, party up with a smart wizard, go to a higher level area, and both of you will fly in points, that's what I do.
-Once in the event, CTF, I had a chinese party leader bickering about the STR buff, and threatened to kick me out of the party. And so the three penguins that no one was even bothering to tank, finally got the best of me and i died. Seconds later, everyone in the party died as well. Never the less I wasn't kicked out and people started tanking.
-Offering is great for killing players above your level, especially those without shields. I took down a 62+ thief in one blow when I was lvl 52. On another occasion, a 62+ player was hitting me and getting offender status. Sadly, the player thought that he couldn't get killed, and offering had him laying on the ground reconsidering that idea. I resurrected him and he RAN for the safe zone.

Last edited by ClericSavesAll on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Full Cleric
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:22 am 

other than no pictures it a good guide so just get some pics

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 am 

Simple and decent. You should add more images as well as some more info on the Subs section.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:39 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Shardro wrote:
Simple and decent.

'Nuff said.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:50 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Well, considering this is suppose to be a full cleric guide, I felt that bard and lvl 10 warrior is as far as a sub should go for a pure cleric.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:51 am 

ClericSavesAll wrote:
If players decide to run off on their own and die, do not feel bad or be effected by their words because they're the genius that strayed away. Resurrect them whenever you feel necessary. Wizards that decide to use Life Control (cuts their HP in half for a little more power) will die in 1 or 2 hits from a party, so don't feel bad or take their crap if they choose to risk their life like that. Inform them to not use Life Control.

While I totally agree that any one running too far away from the party is an idiot you should not care a lot about I have one remark. Considering that a good party should be attacking higher mobs it is really a good thing if the wizards do use life control, it does not cut their HP for a little more power, it cuts it in half for a lot more power. IMO using life control in a good party (meaning a good cleric and good tanks) is a MUST. You can bring mobs down in much less time than if not using it.

SOX Drops:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:15 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

REBD wrote:
ClericSavesAll wrote:

While I totally agree that any one running too far away from the party is an idiot you should not care a lot about I have one remark. Considering that a good party should be attacking higher mobs it is really a good thing if the wizards do use life control, it does not cut their HP for a little more power, it cuts it in half for a lot more power. IMO using life control in a good party (meaning a good cleric and good tanks) is a MUST. You can bring mobs down in much less time than if not using it.

The problem is that it doesn't matter how good the party is, stuff happens and aggressive parties spawn on the wizards and they're dead in 1 or 2 hits. In the higher levels, when it seems that all mobs have splash damage (hits multiple targets) Mujij, Sonars, Yeti, Shakram... All it takes is one to seek up, and the wizards are dead with life control, unless the cleric is spamming like a noob :P When people die, they get pissed, pissed people lead to a party's demise.
Let me put it this way, while partied up with a wizard, she and I would come across full parties at the penons. My wizard would not use life control because I ask her not to while the other parties do use life control. After 30 minutes and seeing reverse oblivation time and again, it was only a matter of time before the party broke up and all that was left were the tanks. While the wizards can kill faster with life control, I think the party will gain more from longevity (no life control) then speed (life control). And to prove that, I have passed everyone that were at my previous levels (they couldn't level up as fast, and no I don't get powerleveled like a noob, lol). But those are just my observations and opinions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:51 pm 

you might be right, I am not the level you are so I cannot know how it is, but according to what I have seen, have been reading and all I do not see how you are right, and that is MY opinion. You may be right, once I hit those levels I will know for sure.

SOX Drops:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:15 pm 
Frequent Member

ClericSavesAll wrote:
REBD wrote:
ClericSavesAll wrote:

The problem is that it doesn't matter how good the party is, stuff happens and aggressive parties spawn on the wizards and they're dead in 1 or 2 hits. In the higher levels, when it seems that all mobs have splash damage (hits multiple targets) Mujij, Sonars, Yeti, Shakram... All it takes is one to seek up, and the wizards are dead with life control, unless the cleric is spamming like a noob :P When people die, they get pissed, pissed people lead to a party's demise.
Let me put it this way, while partied up with a wizard, she and I would come across full parties at the penons. My wizard would not use life control because I ask her not to while the other parties do use life control. After 30 minutes and seeing reverse oblivation time and again, it was only a matter of time before the party broke up and all that was left were the tanks. While the wizards can kill faster with life control, I think the party will gain more from longevity (no life control) then speed (life control). And to prove that, I have passed everyone that were at my previous levels (they couldn't level up as fast, and no I don't get powerleveled like a noob, lol). But those are just my observations and opinions.

You're not in a good party then, I am a level 79 cleric and we typically party at antinokes or wings, and spent lots of levels at edimmu (shakram are non-aggro), yetis, sonars, etc. Yes, a good cleric will be using lots of pots, and wizards do need life control. A tank can't grab all the aggro all the time, but will come very close. Recovery Division will keep up a lot, but Healing Cycle will need to constantly be on, with Healing Division (healing favor later) where required. Yes, you will get aggro sometimes, but hey - you're a cleric. Clerics in LA can tank to a degree, usually plenty long enough for someone to notice your HP going down and take aggro from you. A group heal kept in reserve for the inevitable dual GP plus a bless will work for the rest.

10%-20% in a Euro party in an hour is very easy. I have to party with mixed all the time, and as long as the Chin chars don't go off on their own, we're usually ok. It is how people play their characters and knowing their roles.

BTW, a 90 cleric friend of mine insists the ultimate party is a wiz/cleric, cleric, and rogue/cleric (yes, only 3 people). I have to admit, it's a risky party, but you get even more XP than I thought possible - when you don't die.

Still, a party with 2 wiz, 2 tanks, cleric, warlock/cleric, bard/cleric, and rogue works very well. If you are only partying with a wizard, it's tough to keep aggro away from both of you since you both are fairly weak.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:05 pm 

cool guide and very accurate except for one thing you kept saying, just a minor minor point
Bless does not make you invincible like you keep saying
you even did say a wizard with bless will die with offering
so just a little oversight on your part, thanks for your hard work on compiling, and as a side note
pics are not really necessary unless you are just starting out
thanks again
8) 8)

Play Alexander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:19 am 
Loyal Member

nice guide.
+1

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
In USA-East The Billows, my name is AznFury. My Inductor ID is 6440043X060206013007425Z3f9d22
Copy the code when you make your first character and get lots of free stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:48 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

thanks for teh guide....helped me a lot on my cleric hehe =P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:25 am 
Common Member

Good guide 8)

Jessmeist3r -> Warlock/Cleric [SP-farming][xPostMorteMx] - 100k/650k
Wizz_Girl15 -> Wiz/Cleric Lv 65,1gap - [xPostMorteMx]- Full time TAXI-giver. Inactive
I_Nuk3_U -> Hybrid Nuker Lv 3x, 2gap -[xPostMorteMx]- Inactive

-Taking a Break,Playing Requiem:Bloodymare-