Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

If you were/are making a 1H/2H/Cleric warrior, would/was this guide helpful to you?
Yes 92%  92%  [ 168 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 183
 Post subject: [GUIDE]3 Weapon Warrior/Cleric Guide (90 Cap)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:37 am 

Before you continue, if you do not agree with something I said, please PM me or post in a reply. If you flame me for something, I'll ignore you, but if your polite and/or logical about it, I'll take it into consideration. Example: OMG NOOB ROUGES GET STEALTH IDIOT GET A LIFE will be ignored, whereas I think you may have forgotten that rouges have stealth, which can save them very often will get an edit. Onto the guide!

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to at least glance at my guide, I appreciate it. I'm going to start off with an introduction to the warrior build, and why I think 1h/2h/cleric is the best.

Warriors
Their job is too be the tank, and keep everyone taking little damage so the cleric can focus its attention on healing just the tanks. Warrior attack skills, along with a few others, have an aggro increase under where it says damage. Aggro is used to have monsters stop attacking the lower HP/defense int based builds, and get them to attack you with all your skins and HP etc. There are 3 weapons you can choose from as a warrior, and here is a break down of what they are:

Two Handed Sword: The warrior weapon that deals the highest damage. Powerful slow attacks, and has passive skills that increase your critical. You don't gain any thing as far as defense is concerned, but you have some knock back attacks and one knock down attack.

Dual Axes: Second highest damage dealing weapon. Slightly more physical defense than 2H, but with significantly less attack. Using Dual Axes you can inflict Stun and Bleed, which can help with dare devil's long cast time, and bleed does a general damage increase.

One Handed Sword: Lowest damage, highest defense (by far). You get moves that will knock back your foes very far, and if you take advantage of a few statuses (read the PvP section of the guide) you can generally generate damage that is high enough to kill. your attack isn't great, but you still have a 15 second potion delay, so make sure you cancel as many skills as you can with your knock back.

So why all three? You have the highest defense and the highest attack that a warrior can have. Dual axes can inflict bleed, 2H does a ton of damage, and hits a lot of crits. 1H is for tanking, 2H for killing, axes for inflicting bleed.

Why sub cleric? Rouges do more damage! Bards are faster!

A warrior/cleric is the ultimate party player. Your goal is to keep the party alive, and both skill trees are designed to help you do that. In ctf, imagine your team just killed the other team, but hadn't killed the warrior because he had skins/bless on. Using group ress, its now back to 8v8. The real reason that a cleric sub is the best, is that you get Bless Spell, and Recovery Division, which greatly increase your ability to tank. Bards get that moving speed, but you can buy items that will give you that. Rouges deal more damage, but doesn't benefit warrior beyond the Knock Down+Mortal wounds trick. If you make sure you have a good 2H weapon, you won't have a lot of problems dealing the needed damage, and won't die nearly as often as any other sub. Yes, rouges do get stealth but on Olympus at least, its useless in group PvP because almost always someone has pk2 hacks.

0. SP
1. Gear
2. Skills
3. PvP tips
4. PVE tips

0. I have color coded all the skills based on importance, I am sorry if you can't tell the difference with some of them, but here it is:
Green: Must get.
Blue: Should get.
Red: Avoid, but not useless. For those with mad sp.
Black: Avoid, useless.

Total SP for the 3 weapon warrior
Green: 555,524
Blue: 801, 847
Red: 882,418

This is not an easy build, but you can get the SP if you farm. Make sure your in a party with a strong cleric, so that you can afford to use armor 9 levels below you.

1. Gear

Lets start with the weapons.
One Handed Sword:

This will be the weapon you use while tanking. Ideally, you want the critical and physical attack to be well above 50%, as these are key to have for damage dealing. That's the other thing though, this isn't damage dealing weapon. I would either make a cheap one, or go all out so you can get kills.

Shield:

This is the key to tanking successfully. The most important stats are Physical defense, magical defense, and above all Blocking Ratio. The phy/mag defenses reduce the damage on each hit, but the blocking ratio increases the likeliness of a block, which can make damage go from a 20,000 wizard nuke, to 0. Ideally you want all your shields to be br16 or higher, but as you get higher you use them longer so it becomes more important.

Two Handed Sword

This is the damage dealing weapon that you use. You want to have at least Critical 10, and at least physical 41% or higher. If daredevil/maddening lands a critical, you will almost always kill your enemy.

Dual Axes

You will only use this weapon to inflict statuses, so its not very important to have incredibly strong one. Stronger Axes mean more damage per second, but that's generally not a priority when your trying to land statuses.

Now, time to move to the armors.
I have seen way too many threads here on SRF about what gear you should use. This build is one of the few European builds that can use any of the 3 European armors, Robe, Light Armor, and Heavy Armor.

Heavy:
Heavy Armor:
Pros: Not much trouble tanking STR based foes, and most mobs do physical damage so its good for PVE. I find that with a 15 second pot delay that being able to tank other STR builds without a lot of difficulty is great.

Cons:
Even with Mana Skin you'll probably have trouble tanking lv90 Ints while using 2H, and this is very annoying.
Slow, 10% slower than Light armor, and 20% slower than Robes.
Once you move to Roc Mtn all the mobs can deal magic damage, so its not as good as Light Armor for PVE at higher levels.

Light:
Light Armor:
Pros:
Great for Roc Mtn pve, I find its better when I am blessed/skinned, because you have super high defense in both, instead of having a ton of phy and not quite enough magic. 10% speed increase over Heavy.

Cons:
I find that you end up not being able to tank either Int's or Str's without skins or bless, and this certainly creates problems. Building on last sentence, this isn't a big problem if you can afford a +7/sun set. I can't.

Robe:

Robe:
Pros: High Magic defense, Speed 20% over heavy armor, and MP consumption 20% reduce. Looks cool at 9dg.

Cons: You won't be able to "tank" wizards with any armor, but surviving that extra nuke or two can make all the difference. On my server, its significantly more expensive than heavy armor. You will not do very well in PvP vs. another Str foe.

Note: The skill line screens are from my own skills, I am lv86 warrior lv82.
2. Skills
Frenzy Buster Line
Taunting Target: This skill simply aggro's 3 mobs to you, helpful for saving people in party play, but no use in PvP.

Vital Increase: Increases HP significantly, at the cost of 35% Physical attack reduce. The only time I use this skill is during a job party when I clearly can't kill the theif normally, and I just KB Spam. Mildly useful in PvP as well as PvE.

Descry: Detects Rouges. This skill isn't at all needed, but will save you now and then.

Sprint Assault : Lunges at a foe. As you level this skill up the Knock Back as well as Stun will become more common. Also, distance levels up as the skill does, and can keep up with a ghostwalk. Absolutely max it, good in PvP and PvE if your soloing.

Iron Skin: Increases Physical defense a ton. Get this skill, max it, use it.

Howling Shout: AoE aggro. Makes all near by enemies attack you, and is quite useful for luring/soloing, as well as party pvp. Useless in PvP, good for PvE.

Mana Skin: If you choose to be heavy armor, you may have trouble with magic defense, then this is the skill you want on when your fighting INTS.

Guard Barrier Line

These skills aren't helpful in solo PvP or PvE, but are quite useful in the group version of either. If you solo a lot, these won't be needed. Party, get.

Pain Quota: At cap, reduces damage (Physical as well as magical) by 65%, and spreads it out over the party. Ex. If your in a party with a wizard, and the wizard gets hit 1000 without it on, then wizard will only get hit for 350. You get hit for 650 though. The more people in party the more useful this is, because say 10,000 damage hits someone normally, in an 8/8 PT, they will take 3,500 damage and then everyone else in the party takes 7,500 divided by 7=1071 per person. Maxes at lv4, low SP cost, Get it.

Physical Fence: Absorbs a percent of physical damage done to another player, as you level up the skill you absorb more damage.

Magical Fence: Absorbs a percent of magical damage done to another player, as you level up the skill you absorb more damage.

Protect: Absorbs a percent of aggro of another player. I honestly don't understand this skill beyond that it makes it easier to take aggro off of someone, like if its on a wizard, then you'll be able to get the mob to attack you without much effort. Useless in PvP.

Physical Screen: Increase ANOTHER PLAYER'S physical defense a TON. Simple as that, cannot be used on self.

Magical Screen: Increase ANOTHER PLAYER'S magical defense a TON. Cannot be used on self.

Ultimate Screen: Increase ANOTHER PLAYER'S magical AND physical defense a TON. Cannot be used on self. With this and the other screens, you can increase defenses by over 2k phy and 3k mag. Get this, it maxes at level 1 so uses less SP than other skills. The icon for this skill is not included, as I'm not going to have it for a few months.

One Handed Warrior Skills:
One Handed Lord Line

One Handed Arms: Physical attack increase while using One handed skills. You don't have much choice if you want this skill or not, its required to have maxed when adding new skills each time you level.

Power Shield: Physical defense increase when having, oddly enough, a one handed sword out, not your shield. Warriors don't really NEED a physical defense increase if they are in Heavy Armor, but its more defense for a considerable amount of SP. In my opinion, get it.

Blockade: Increases Blocking ratio. (by the percent of the digit in the tens place for your warrior mastery. Ex. lv4 is br 4% increase, where 90 is 9%.) Blocking is the best thing about a shield, and is often the difference in winning and losing.

Critical Void: Decreases the odds of the enemy crit'ing you. Not ultra useful for a warrior, when crits are based on phy damage, and you have plenty of defense. Still, its worth maxing, as 2H warriors will have ~c19 at cap, and rouges daggers are commonly about 19-23 crit at cap.

One Handed Sword Line

Slash: A quick blow, nearly instant cast, has a 50% down attack increase. I did not bother getting this skill, it does much less damage then the chains you get, but its probably worth leveling this skill to ~36, but once you have double stab/shield trash/Berserker you won't have times when you cannot attack.

Shield Trash Why a 1H can tank with a 15 second potion delay. Combined with sprint assault, you can generally make it so that chinese ints can only hit you 2/3 times, often more. Bad News: its
only 80%, so its not a sure thing. Also, can inflict dull status (40%).

Double Stab: A 2 hit chain, a stab followed by another stab. Your strongest physical attack until 40, max it, love it, use it. Can hit Kd'd enemies, as well as does more damage when the enemy is sleep/stun/bind/dull'd. Remember, shield trash/crush inflicts dull.

Berserker: A slightly stronger attack than double stab, that consumes 10% of your HP. Be careful about this one, 10% isn't a lot, but it has a tiny cool down and if you use it frequently it adds up fast. No statuses, no down attack, just a strong chain.

Cunning Stab: You need maxed double stab, and this will replace double. My favorite skill, still has damage increase on dull/stun/bind/sleep, as well as KD'd foes.

Shield Crush: Shield Trash, just its 2 hits now, and has 25% chance of dull on each hit, so its slightly better.

Daring Berserker: Berserkers replacement. A cool looking chain that deals good damage, though not a lot higher than cunning stab, is still a great skill.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Handed Lord line

Two Handed Arms: Physical attack increase, you need it maxed to add new skills.

Concentration: Critical increase, the reason I find warriors better than rouges. Insignificant at first, but wait until 70/80/90 and having a 7/8/9 crit increase will be helpful. Also, since a critical doubles the phy damage ONLY, and your a warrior, it increases the attack strength by 100% when you land a crit.

Damage Return: Returns only physical damage. More damage returned more often at higher levels, not needed, but useful. The only time this skill has a noticeable effect is when your PvPing a rouge.

Two Handed Sword Line

Bash: Somewhat powerful, somewhat slow, and decent damage. I don't have this skill, because it levels often, and is costly to SP. Its good when your pvp'ing shield users, as if they block either the first or last hit of triple then they probably recovered more damage than you did. Triple swing is better if it doesn't block, but its pretty common for a shield user to block it.

Turn Rising: KD. Chances increase as you level it. Currently, this skill isn't nearly as good as it should be, because enemies can still attack after being knocked down. This is a bug, should be fixed, but its also Joymax. Max it anyhow, its your fasting casting attack.

Warcry: 15 minutes of increased physical attack, get it, max it.

Charge Swing: 2 hits with the 2h, damage increase on downed enemies. Also has the bind/sleep/stun/dull damage increase. Max it, use it.

Maddening: Why everyone complains about warriors. This skill deals massively massive damage while consuming 10% of your hp, but is excellent. Be careful though, takes an outrageously long time to use, giving your enemy plenty of warning to use a KD or KB skill.

Triple Swing: Charge swing only better. The strongest hit is the first, then last, middle is weakest. Damage increase on KD/stun/sleep/bind/dull.

Daredevil: Maddening only even better. 2 hits dealing a ton of damage, its your hardest hitting skill by far.

Dual Lord Line:

Dual Arms: If your getting axes you need this skill, otherwise don't bother. You only need it at lv15 to get maxed Sudden Twist, Though leveling more increases damage.

Accuracy: Again, if your getting axes, this skill will help keep your damage per second up, but you won't use axes often. More damage, not a lot more SP, but does not help you inflict bleed, which is why you have axes.

Protection: You will have axes out for ~2-3 seconds at a time, so this skill isn't too helpful, and you already have holy spell.

Dual Defense: For the little time you have axes out, it allows you to tank phy damage more. Not worth it for status inflicting weapon, you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Dual Axe Line

Double Twist: Why you have axes. Inflicts bleed and stun, allowing you to do more damage.

Axis Quiver: At cap does stun 8level at 50% probability. Maxes at lv4, so very little SP, but isn't a strong skill.

Sudden Twist: Double Twist, only hits 3 times and inflicts statues more often.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cleric skills:
Divine Creed Line

If you got this skill, you'd be wasting loads of SP. It increases magic damage from cleric attacks, which you will not use.

Cardinal Praise Line

Trial Cross: Clerics nuke, useless you.
Heal: Lv1 takes 4 SP, and can heal 3K hp at lv85, but takes too long to cast. Don't max it.

Reverse: Ress, not required, there are 2 resses later that have obvious advantages.

Innocent: Good at low levels, but don't bother with it if you can wait till 66. This skill simply removes status effects, its good to remove debuffs etc.

Justice Cross: An AoE cleric nuke, ignore it.

Healing Breath: Heals lv60 version, more HP recovered, more SP wasted.'

Grad Reverse: Reverse that can revive higher levels. If you want to have more reviving skills, take it, but there are 2 other ones that are better.

Integrity: Party status remover, destroys bladers that try and spam flying stone smash and lightning chain, and removes effects pills won't.

Mental Culture Line
Faith: Useless to you unless your in Robes, but still required for Recovery Division, which you need to have as a warrior cleric.

Mortal Recovery Line

Over/Glut Healing: Both of these skills deal absolute damage, and if you level up overhealing, you will find it does the same as glut, but to get it to that point takes a lot of SP. Both of these have a long cool down, and if you take both you can use Over->Glut->1 second delay D= -> Over. Not very good against chinese with good armor, as they can repot while you cast, but is FANTASIC against wizards that have screens/bless and life control, as you can just 1 hit them.
Note: Absolute damage means it deals close to that damage no matter what.

Recovery Line

Group Healing: Small amount of HP with a small cast time, essentially useless.
Healing Division: Heals a small amount of HP, and useless in 1v1.

Healing Cycle: You probably SHOULD get this one or Orbit, but its not totally needed.

Group Healing Breath: Small Hp, Waste of SP, needs group heal to get.
Healing Favor: Same as healing division, useless.

Healing Orbit: You want this one OR cycle, not both. This one has the advantage of being a party spell, meaning you can use it without clicking yourself, then the enemy again. Downside? It uses about 50% of your MP if you have int/mp increases on armor. Maxes out at level 2, so its low SP. It will help you a lot if you become a good weapon switcher.

Blessed Recovery Line

Bless Spell: The main reason you have cleric over warlock or bard. Huge Mag/Phy increase, similar to skins, but you can switch weapons. Applies to party.

Recovery: Heals with three times your weapons magical attack power, has a 4 second cooldown and an instant cast time. Good, but requires self selecting in PvP, which we want to avoid.

Recovery division: Compensates for 15 second potion delay by healing you a set amount every couple of seconds. This is a skill you want. Applies to party, lasts 5 minutes.

Group Recovery: Take it and keep it LEVEL ONE. You don't have the MP to be able to use it later, but even at lv1 it recovers 1212 HP and 300% magic attack, and with a lv85+4 cleric rod that's about 10k HP. If you get hit hard for some reason, use a shield trash/crush and switch to cast it. 280 SP for 10k HP is worth it.

Holy Recovery: Heals a high amount, lots of MP, lots of SP to get. Again, avoid due to self selection.

Holy Recovery Division: Recovery division, only better. Get.

Holy Group Recovery: Way to much MP for an str to use often, stick with lv1 group recovery.

Ressurection Line

Group Reverse: Resses the party. Downsides are that it has a 2 minute(ish) cool down. Great skill to have in CTF when your support dies, switch to cleric rod and do Group ress->healing orbit.

Reverse Oblation: Revives anyone you target, and gives them an insane buff. I have mine at the lowest level that can ress 90 and gives an insane buff that absorbs 60% of magical/physical damage, aswell as a 60% HP increase, BUT halves the damage that the revived person can do. The buff can be removed, but in CTF wizards keep it on then die because they can't deal the damage, or tank. However, if a tank gets it and keeps it, they just wont die if its not 5v1. Great for KB spamming.

The two skills I do not have are just higher forms of each ress, the group ress one can ress 110 instead of 90, and the reverse Immolation one makes the target tank better, but IMO, not worth the SP.

Glory Line
Charity: Not NEEDED but quite useful. If you level this one up, you are immune to most statuses, and allows Bind. Makes your str/int blessings more useful, but only if your in light armor.

If your in LIGHT ARMOR, then you should go ahead and get Glory armor passives, they will save you if you attempt to heal tank. If your not in Light armor, ignore.

Holy Word/Spell: Makes you immune to most status effects that people your level would inflict. Holy Spell can be used only on party, and holy word can be anyone. They have a 1 minute cool down however, so its best to just grab spell when you can, and use silk/curst hearts on word. At the cap, warlocks can still get some statuses on you, but things like division/decay/weaken/freeze won't land.

Sacrifice Line

Offering/Pure Offering: Magic attack that's obscenely strong, put not for you, your str. Ignore.

Saint Prayer Line

Heaven Flash/Glare: Inflicts bind status 80% of the time on people of the same degree of the spell. Bind makes it so players cannot move until they are hit with a magic attack, or status ends normally. THEY CAN STILL ATTACK. They can't run etc. Works well with triple swing/cunning stab.

Blessing Line

Force Blessing: Increases targets amount of Strength, but is removed when you unequip cleric rod. Cannot be used on self.
Mental Blessing: Increases targets amount of INT, but is removed when weapon is switched. Cannot be used on self.

Body/Soul Blessings: Increases Physical/magical defense, can cast on self, but is removed on a weapon switch. Interestingly enough, you can cast on someone and switch weapons and they will keep it on.

About the buffs: If you plan on being a trader, I would get them. Hunters love being immune to the NPC's statuses, and the str/int/phy/mag help.

3. PvP:
Warrior/Cleric is an excellent build in PvP. Here are some tips/strategies I have found to be very useful.

If your having problems with the 15 second pot delay, there are 3 items you'll find uselful:

Image Extra Large Vigor Potions: These restore the same HP as a XL HP potion, and are cannot be bought from an NPC. You'll slowly gather them grinding (only on mobs 76+), or you can always look at the stall network. They come in 5 sizes, but to a 64+ XL is the way to go.

Image Vigor Grains: 25% HP/MP recovery every 4 seconds, much more effective than XL potions, but also MUCH more pricey. Note: 4 second delay means you use more, and they are 1,000,000 gold a stack.

Image HP Grains: Recovers HP at 25% every 4 seconds. Cannot be bought from NPC, can be bought from stall network. These are a godsend, but make sure you only use when you need to win, as they are more expensive than aforementioned vigor grains.

Advice vs specific builds:
This is the best I could do, obviously there are too many variables to have them all work all the time, but they are the best way to go most of the time.

Chinese Bladers

This will be an annoying PvP. You will probably have trouble killing bladers normally, and if they are in protector or armor its not going to end well for you, if it ends at all. With your sub cleric, you can easily remove division/bleed/impotent if they land it on you, and if your in heavy armor, they will have a very hard time killing you. You are both basically hoping for crits, and you will probably need to land something like Daredevil (one crit) followed by a turn rising crit, if none of them get blocked. If they block a daredevil hit, do not expect them to die. Bash is recommended over triple swing here. Here's a simple explanation why:
So triple swing does like 150% the damage that bash does over 3 hits, over nearly the same time.
Ex. 7,000 First hit, 3,000 second hit, and 5,000 last hit totaling 15K.
Bash 10K.

So if they block they block the first or last hit, triple swing is weaker than bash, and that is somewhat likely to happen. Also, a bash critical may be needed to end a PvP against the chinese tank.
Chinese Sword and Shield Users

Chinese Nukers S/S: This is the main build that will cause problems. If they use snow, you most likely cannot kill them quick enough before they kill you. What has worked well for me, and I am in Heavy Armor, is to cast Mana Skin AND Bless, and just use dare devil until I get a crit, then use turn rising+triple swing. This doesn't always work, as you have a 45 second window to pull it off. If they are in garms, (80% are on olympus) then this won't be nearly as hard, as they will go down without needing more than 1 crit.

Chinese Glaive

Chinese Glaive: This build shouldn't be a challenge, unless you decided to use robes. From my experience, you can probably tank long enough with iron or bless, or normally, to use daredevil followed by a quick turn rising. This often finishes them off if they are in garms.

Archers
Chinese Bow: Same as galvie, but they don't hit as hard, but if they are smart will use the KB arrow combo on you whenever you start dare devil. What works for me is using sprint assault until I get stun, then dare devil.

Chinese Spear Nukers

Chinese Spear Nukers: This is my favorite method, and I use it more often than I should, but its fun to pull off. Using 1H, use shield crush until they are under the dull status. After they are dulled, switch to cleric rod, cast healing orbit, then heaven glare. If it worked, they are now under bind and dull, and you have 16 seconds of tanking. Use cunning stab, and watch it drain their HP, because it has the bonus of Dull AND bind. Alternitively, you can get dull then bind, and throw up warcry and use turn rising, then triple swing, and this combo kills a lot, but your vunerable during it, and its a rush against the 10 seconds of bind to switch weapons, cast warcry, use turn rising, then triple.

European Rouges

Euro Rouge: ONE HANDED. Using 1H, you get the physical defense increase passive, critical parry, and you can KB them during prick/butterfly blow. Use shield crush, give them dull, cunning stab->Daring berserker->Cunning stab and they should be down.

European Warriors

Euro Warrior: If they are in heavy armor, you probably wont be able to kill them unless they insist on using 2H the entire time, in which case you should be able to use the 1H->shield crush until dull->Cleric rod->Heaven Glare->1H->Cunning stab. However, if your against an unfarmed or unintelligent warrior, you should be able to beat them.

European Wizard
Wizard: As with most wizard related pvp, this will be a short one. If they hit you first and your using heavy, your probably dead if your not in a decent set, or 1 nuke away from death. Wizards are very easy in pvp if your paying attention, you just need to be able to tank the 1 nuke, and you should be fine. Use sprint assault, hope for a KB/Stun, then use either daring berserker or cunning stab. If your using 2H, you could easily die off of the first nuke, but if for some reason you don't, sprint assault->Turn rising will probably kill them, but if it doesn't follow up with triple, if they got KD'd or not.

European Warlocks
I'll add a pic when I find one at DW south.

Warlocks: Not a problem if you have Holy Spell/Word, otherwise you are probably going to die. Do your best to KB them and just hope for dull/stun/kd etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what I see 90% of the warriors do on Olympus.
Most warriors:
1. Daredevil
2. Turn rising
3. Triple Swing
4. Repeat.

This works often, but without skins you have the same defense as a rouge without the insane attack. Try to avoid this if you can, because in CTF and other group pvp, if your unskinned or they end you can easily die.

The best way I've found to get a kill in 1v1 is this.
1. Inflict Dull with Shield Trash/Crush
2. Inflict Bleed with Dual axes
3. Switch to Cleric rod, then use group recovery and/or healing orbit, followed by heaven glare.
4. Use cunning stab, it hits a lot harder due to the increase on dulled/bound enemies.
4. Switch to 2H, try to use warcry, then turn rising, but the real killer is triple swing. The reason I prefer the 1H one more is that this one is somewhat hard to pull off, Bind Lasts 10 seconds, and if there's a weapon lag it wont work. Also, 1H chains are sexy.

To increase your tanking ability:
When your using 1H trying to tank out a buff, its really effective to use shield KB, then quickly switch to cleric rod and use healing orbit. Trace healing is the difference between life and death insanely often.

Skins are removed when you switch weapons, and as chinese players are used to switching to a shield first for the defense, if you do this you lose your buffs.

4. PvE

Your a European warrior, and the key to an effective party. You should party grind as much as you can, and you will get the best XP/SP from doing so. PvE with a warrior in a party is pretty straight forward, just use the Damage buffs on the cleric/wizard/bards in the party. Do not use 2H in a party, your job is to tank, not to deal damage, and if you use turn rising people will simply get pissed at you. Make sure that nothing as attacking the ints of the party, and that your the one that's getting hit. Don't switch weapons often, because it removes the buffs on the other party members.

General:
1. Do not switch weapons often
2. Buff ints with Physical/Magical fences, as well as protect.
3. Your job is to keep the party alive by having all the monsters attack you, so use howling shout often.
4. 2H isn't for tanking, and if you can tank with 2H without using turn rising, then move to harder mobs.
5.DO NOT USE TURN RISING unless its at the point where your ally will die if attacked again.
6. Avoid using shield trash/crush, it makes everyone move and slows down the killings, but its good for following a sprint assault to get a monster away from someone.

Guide made by Shadowfox542

Thanks to h0td0g, magisuns, Domination, and Knight_Ange1 for editing assistance.

Special thanks to Stress, thechampion80, and Astra.

Last edited by Shadowfox542 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 34 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Warrior/Cleric Guide (90 Cap)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 am 
Ex-Staff

Pictures!

:)

Post subject: Re: Warrior/Cleric Guide (90 Cap)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:22 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Yea I agree with Stress, pictures would of been great. No one wants to read a guide without pics.. Atleast put some colored text, it makes us happy. Good guide, would of been better with pics.

If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] 1h/2h Warrior/Cleric Guide (90 Cap)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:09 pm 
Veteran Member

you need ur little icon picx0rzZ

otherwise its awesome, just need pics to appeal to the eye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:44 pm 

Holy Spell lv2 isn't 100% immune to all effects, plus, if i cast disease on hs2 i have a slight chance to land some debuffs on the enemy, not from 1st try, but 2nd or 3rd or 4th; it takes a lot of time, but I think it's worth trying to increase my damage on those 35k HP "monsters".
HS2 has no effect against panic and.
Speaking about the effect in the brackets, take a look at this:
ImageImage

On Topic:
All in all, everything is explained in the guide, the basics about warrior builds.
Good Job.
Some pics would really enrich the guide.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:57 pm 

I'll be adding pictures eventually, probably not the pictures of the skills, as that's just not fun. Thanks for all the positive feedback, I hope this helps people.

Edit: Added pictures for the gear section.
Edit2: Added skill line pictures, next addition will be Cleric skill line pictures.

Help me help you. Anything you think I forgot? Anything that could make the guide better? Reply in the thread, or send me a PM. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:12 am 
Veteran Member

YES YOUR GUIDE IS NOW COMPLETE AND ITS HAWT SECKS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:47 am 

you should make green required and red the ones you shouldn't take (like other guides)
and MORE PICS

other than that pretty good

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:37 am 

thechampion80 wrote:
you should make green required and red the ones you shouldn't take (like other guides)
and MORE PICS

other than that pretty good

totally not changing colors, that would be too much of a pain :D . I added cleric pictures, as well as descriptions of all the skills.

Any improvements you guys can think of? PLEASE tell me in a PM or a reply in the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:24 am 
Common Member

If i would go Warrior / Cleric, that guide would help me totally :)
I like it, the armor type pictures are hot ^_^
I like it.

Quitted that piece of shiet game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 am 
Banned User

dam i ll start my warrior cleric. but idk if farm to lv 100 :D

btw is good to take the cleric buffs. def and int/str, coz if you dont want to tank just buff and take a sit :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:43 pm 

Yeah, need pics....I read halfway and didn't finish the rest. lol :D :roll: :banghead:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:47 pm 

Knight_Ange1 wrote:
Yeah, need pics....I read halfway and didn't finish the rest. lol :D :roll: :banghead:

Thanks, Im going to add pics for the pvp section.

Edit: Added.

Anymore advice?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 pm 

dang this build needs less sp than i thought :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:00 pm 

thechampion80 wrote:
dang this build needs less sp than i thought :D

Yea, its not quite as bad as people make it out to be, but if you try to solo grind you'll get lower XP than a blader, and if you try to farm you get to deal with the euro skill mastery based armor.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:27 pm 

oh by the way grains have a 4 second pot delay not 3 :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:11 am 

thechampion80 wrote:
oh by the way grains have a 4 second pot delay not 3 :P

Thank you, just tested and your right, editted.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:08 am 
added to big chars n skills sticky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:52 pm 
Veteran Member

some word of pvp advice. Seems to work well against chinese. Dull with 1h, switch to two 2h and KD, use triple and charge swing. you get two 50% damage bonuses with the 2handed critical capabilities. pwn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:35 pm 
Forum Legend

wow this is a great guide! :)

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:14 pm 

the_wicked wrote:
some word of pvp advice. Seems to work well against chinese. Dull with 1h, switch to two 2h and KD, use triple and charge swing. you get two 50% damage bonuses with the 2handed critical capabilities. pwn.

Yeah, that really does help. I think it was in there somewhere, I'll check and make sure.

Edit: Yea, this is what I had before:

The best way I've found to get a kill in One versus One is this.
1. Inflict Dull with Shield Trash/Crush
2. Switch to Cleric rod, then use group recovery and/or healing orbit, followed by heaven glare.
3. Use cunning stab, it hits a lot harder due to the increase on dulled/bound enemies.
3. Switch to 2H, try to use warcry, then turn rising, but the real killer is triple swing. The reason I prefer the 1H one more is that this one is somewhat hard to pull off, Bind Lasts 10 seconds, and if there's a weapon lag it wont work. Also, 1H chains are sexy.

I'll edit it a bit, but thanks for the reminder.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:43 am 
Common Member

Nice guide dude, too bad i don't like farming >:(

Any advice if i want to take either just 1h or 2h? i plan on partying / or soloing grinding than PvPing...I want to be able to kill giants myself too xD.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:05 am 

Ring wrote:

Any advice if i want to take either just 1h or 2h? i plan on partying / or soloing grinding than PvPing...I want to be able to kill giants myself too xD.

Its pretty simple, but still a really important decision....

1H will do very well for Party PvE and Party PvP, not so great in solo.

2H will do well for Solo PvP and Solo PvE but you can't tank very well without skins or bless.

On my server, I have to reccomend 2H, you can't even almost party grind often. From what I hear, Venus seems to be the only server that consistently has parties for a lot of levels. With 1H you wont get kills, 2H your not really a tank.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:50 pm 
Common Member

Shadowfox542 wrote:
Ring wrote:

Its pretty simple, but still a really important decision....

1H will do very well for Party PvE and Party PvP, not so great in solo.

2H will do well for Solo PvP and Solo PvE but you can't tank very well without skins or bless.

On my server, I have to reccomend 2H, you can't even almost party grind often. From what I hear, Venus seems to be the only server that consistently has parties for a lot of levels. With 1H you wont get kills, 2H your not really a tank.

I'm in hera... found a SOS flamberge lul guess im going for s/s and try to find parties

btw found a video on youtubeof a s/s warrior killing orange mobs ( some spiders in the cave) solo :D so that kinda got me up too

thanks alot for your feedback( i hate the 2h speed D: )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:09 am 
Banned User

Really good guide. I will base my Warrior/Cleric 90% off this guide ^^

LvL 92 Warrior/Cleric Active Iris
LvL 81 Wizzard/Bard Active Iris
LvL 66 Spear Nuker Active Iris

Looking for 9D talismans pm me!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:08 pm 

bryanvan wrote:
Really good guide. I will base my Warrior/Cleric 90% off this guide ^^

lol
+1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:20 pm 
Common Member

I don't wanna start any warrior wars. But I've done this pretty much with Dual Axes. And I've never been killed by a 2h my level.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say, my axes always have high crits. So is it possible that since axes hit like 5x before a 2h hits twice, that maybe I have more chances for crits which makes up for the damage lost in using axes? Cuz I have seriously had no problem with warriors my level. There was 1 friend that was a 1h user, and he was 1 level above, we were at a complete stalemate though, just wasting pots. Then he switched to 2h and got owned.

Edit: This is in the lower levels, not 8X-9X lol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:54 pm 
Veteran Member

i just added sudden twist or w/e
the stun + bleed is rediculous. I get so many more daredevils off and they hit harder

GG.

( had to lower my 1h skills to 84/82 from 88/86 but w/e =] it was worth it XD)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:02 am 

Added DA sub

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE]3 Weapon Warrior/Cleric Guide (90 Cap)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:34 pm 
Banned User

It would be a very strong tank when you're a pure str with 1-h sword + shield + Mana Skin + Iron Skin + the phy and mag def buffs in cleric + bless spell = tank paladin.