Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Farewell, SRF...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:56 am 

It's kind of funny...I didn't even know you were the Admin of this spiffy place. I'm stuck back 3 years ago with all my homies. I read these forums on occasion (Off Topic Lounge exclusively) and you guys usually help my moods out on a bad day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am 

bye SG.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:19 pm 
Loyal Member

Quote:
Retired Admin

:(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:14 pm 
Common Member

Well Jay was fun playing with ya on xian and the trade runs with the old job system. Ping omg your on Nazgrel horde I bet I'm alliance on that sever cause most of white_lotus went to wow and alliance. If ya see one of my toon make a wave or rude to me lol. I do Have a blood elf DK on trollbane trying out blood spec so maybe run into some bha there kinda doubt it since i'm in outlands right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 pm 

hardly got to know you well
but your posts have always been just what was needed
GL on real life
this community will miss you much
xoxoxo

Play Alexander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:15 am 
Casual Member

The Silkroad forums are a very elaborate, helpful and fun resource for a game that probably doesn't deserve such a quality resource. Good job... you'll be back though; I am lol :banghead:
Also funny ass sig quote... I'm from MA but live in Jersey and some of the people in northern NJ are beyond me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:21 am 
Veteran Member

Used to roll with BHA back in the day when Xian was still young. Repped SuddenDeath, joined SRF, watched SG become admin, then eventually took part with the mod team.

Meh, you take care of yourself man. I thought sooner or later something like this would happen, just didn't think it would be now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:56 am 
Loyal Member

Bye SuicideGirl!!, you will be missed by everyone im sure. Thank you for everything. Good luck and have fun on whatever else you do next!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 pm 
Common Member

Peace out bro. Good luck with your new adventures. I remember when Ryoko took off, I also left and went to azeroth for a long time myself. Guess I'm coming back in a new era so to speak.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:17 pm 
Frequent Member

I make this post, too, as an old member who doesn't visit SRF anymore. Don't be fooled by my post count or joining date, for those who don't know me I'm tedtwilliger, long time member of SRF. Actually, i have come across this thread by pure chance. I uploaded a photo to a thread in SRF, hell, years ago now and i wanted to see if it was still here. I just happened to see this thread, so i thought i would say my few cents.

I remember back in the day of the 60 cap in xian. Back then i was still a noob, hell i always was a noob. I was never a good mmo player, i was young and never dedicated myself to the game. But thats a rant for another day. I would see people flamming endlessly in globals, lilasianboyz springs to mind actually. And i remember one of your globals, when you were simply lvl 45. Seems like nothing now days, i haven't played SRO in a long time but the last time i checked bots and power leveling are ran wild. Sadly, i dont remember exactly what the global said. All i remember is it was short, sweet and completely outwitted all off the immature flames that had control over xian at the time. You ended a flame war, just like a true leader would.

I'm trailing off a little here, i know, i apologize. I guess i want to say.. thank you. Over the years SRF has had a lot of bad members, a lot of flamming and a dam lot of closet botters. Being an admin, let alone a mod of this place, would be quite a difficult task. It was a dream of mine actually, back before i got myself (tedtwilliger) banned, to become a mod. Syllana believed i had what it took to become one. But in reality i was just an immature, idealistic and ignorant kid. I never could of handled the responsibility.

And that is why i respect all of your hard work. It takes a dam strong person to tame and control such a community. Some would say you failed; flaming and closet botting plagued SRF for such a long time and the exposed botters section banned a lot of great members. It's current state i do not know, like i mentioned i don't visit this site anymore. But i would say you made this place so much better. You employed some dam good mods; Barotix, Syllana, Vandago, Dom, Cin. They kept this place as clean as possible under your guidance, god only knows what it would be like without you.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you chose to do in your life. I also would like to offer my sincerest apologies. It's not often i do this, i hate to admit I'm wrong. But over the years i have caused a lot of unwanted drama, i joined in early 2006 i think so it's been over 3 years now. In that time i flammed you, i flammed your mods and i flammed everything SRF stood for. Only now, when i stand here as an older man, do i realize how unjustified it was.

Take this as a sign SRF. Although our great members fall, you must use your love towards each other to keep this place together. This may well be my last post ever on SRF, i don't see a reason for me to come here anymore.

In the eyes of the fallen.. i wish you good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:31 pm 

MrTwilliger wrote:
I make this post, too, as an old member who doesn't visit SRF anymore. Don't be fooled by my post count or joining date, for those who don't know me I'm tedtwilliger, long time member of SRF. Actually, i have come across this thread by pure chance. I uploaded a photo to a thread in SRF, hell, years ago now and i wanted to see if it was still here. I just happened to see this thread, so i thought i would say my few cents.

I remember back in the day of the 60 cap in xian. Back then i was still a noob, hell i always was a noob. I was never a good mmo player, i was young and never dedicated myself to the game. But thats a rant for another day. I would see people flamming endlessly in globals, lilasianboyz springs to mind actually. And i remember one of your globals, when you were simply lvl 45. Seems like nothing now days, i haven't played SRO in a long time but the last time i checked bots and power leveling are ran wild. Sadly, i dont remember exactly what the global said. All i remember is it was short, sweet and completely outwitted all off the immature flames that had control over xian at the time. You ended a flame war, just like a true leader would.

I'm trailing off a little here, i know, i apologize. I guess i want to say.. thank you. Over the years SRF has had a lot of bad members, a lot of flamming and a dam lot of closet botters. Being an admin, let alone a mod of this place, would be quite a difficult task. It was a dream of mine actually, back before i got myself (tedtwilliger) banned, to become a mod. Syllana believed i had what it took to become one. But in reality i was just an immature, idealistic and ignorant kid. I never could of handled the responsibility.

And that is why i respect all of your hard work. It takes a dam strong person to tame and control such a community. Some would say you failed; flaming and closet botting plagued SRF for such a long time and the exposed botters section banned a lot of great members. It's current state i do not know, like i mentioned i don't visit this site anymore. But i would say you made this place so much better. You employed some dam good mods; Barotix, Syllana, Vandago, Dom, Cin. They kept this place as clean as possible under your guidance, god only knows what it would be like without you.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you chose to do in your life. I also would like to offer my sincerest apologies. It's not often i do this, i hate to admit I'm wrong. But over the years i have caused a lot of unwanted drama, i joined in early 2006 i think so it's been over 3 years now. In that time i flammed you, i flammed your mods and i flammed everything SRF stood for. Only now, when i stand here as an older man, do i realize how unjustified it was.

Take this as a sign SRF. Although our great members fall, you must use your love towards each other to keep this place together. This may well be my last post ever on SRF, i don't see a reason for me to come here anymore.

In the eyes of the fallen.. i wish you good luck.

Well said. I do remember you, but didn't know you were banned. I had wondered where you went.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 pm 
Forum Legend

thank you for all your efforts, you will be missed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm 
Valued Member

Byebye :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:52 am 
Banned User

Goodbye Sexy.

I want you to know that you're the only thing that makes this life so beautiful

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:57 pm 

I wish you the best SG. May the silkroad gods of humanity, luck, trading, and good fortune always smile on you even after leaving the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm 

bye bye :)

just find something else nice to occupy ur time :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:51 am 
Banned User

Well, time for me to give it up now too.

I've been banned for over a year on my Itonami account here, and was very rightly banned. So even though SG is gone, for those who do continue playing I'd like to say: keep up the exposed botters section. Nothing progresses without persistance. The only reason I came back was to keep up to date on the game and see what shinannigans the staff and members here at SRF were up to.

It's sad to see you go, J. You're a name thats known all over the SRF community by new and old players, no matter the server. I won't ever forget the short time period I had the pleasure of playing with you on Venus as a reformed player, or the original SRF ventrilo crew adventures with Zypher, KeyJ, Crim(cactuars still remind me of you), and hell, even Crumpets. Whether you come back to visit the community or not, you'll never be forgotten by the old and even some of the new.

Great job while you were here, hopefully the future of the forum will be as dedicated. And for the record I think you should still pose for Suicide Girls- boobs or not. :P

(Hit me up on WOW, you guys know where to find me.)
Lol@OTL. Keep doin it for the lulz.

You can ban me now, whoever is on staff.
Peace guys(and ladies)! :love:

PS: Azilius, you aren't as bad as I always thought. Good luck with whatev you do. I didnt say anything.. whatchu talkin bout?
*cough*

dorkus wrote:
OMG THE SERVERS WENT DOWN! QUICK, EVERYONE MAKE A NEW TOPIC!

Prophet Izaach wrote:
Getting PKd by someone with a fairy suit - total demoralization.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 am 
Veteran Member

^ Bye <3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:12 am 
Valued Member

my first post on SRF since I quit.
I'm not sure how to express the service you've done not only for the srf community but for sro as a whole so I'll say it in korean 수고가 많았어.

Although, I met you towards the end of my sro career you were one of the people I enjoyed talking to.

And not only as an acquaintance and a friend; but as a member of srf I sincerely thank you for the work you've done. I pray things work out well for you outside of life as SRF's admin.

much love,
JM

gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:32 am 
Frequent Member

SG :(
I didn't know what to say, which is why I've taken so long to reply myself. I know you still check here from time to time, so I'll leave this message in hopes that you see it.

Come sing to Axe, Tal, and myself on Vent drunk plys :(.

Well, we had a good run on Venus. Too bad that some people had to fuck it up. Have fun on WoW my friend. PM me for the vent info / my msn, email address.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:54 pm 

GL IRL SG.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:54 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Goobronicus wrote:
SG :(
I didn't know what to say, which is why I've taken so long to reply myself. I know you still check here from time to time, so I'll leave this message in hopes that you see it.

Come sing to Axe, Tal, and myself on Vent drunk plys :(.

Well, we had a good run on Venus. Too bad that some people had to fuck it up. Have fun on WoW my friend. PM me for the vent info / my msn, email address.

Who are you Goob in vent tho :roll:
OT I didnt know you but you done a great deal to this forum. Goodbye SG.

Post subject: LATER JAY
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:19 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

CYA later SG...had a great time with you guyz in Venus...i remember when we used to do trade runs every night-that was so funnnnnnnn. It's too bad all the good and genuine legits all left Venus. Anyway, just want to wish you well and best of luck. Take care.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:02 am 
Addicted Member

Thanks for your hard work and especially choosing the path you wanted to, loved your way of solving things and still keeping the peace.

Rock on :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:16 pm 
Casual Member

bb

Pacheon djpatje--------lv 93 farmed
Wizard _Nyuu_---------lv 95 not farmed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:35 pm 
Forum God

Code: Select all

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:20 am 
Banned User

Goodbye SG, you will be missed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 am 
Frequent Member

You shall always be remembered Suicide Girl. I hope you login sometime to read this. Thank you for everything and all your help from all those that did not know you or had no idea - thank you! You are a Helper and you will be back - trust me :) You wont be able to help it. I got this. I will carry on your message. Thank you from The Helpers!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:32 pm 
Frequent Member

Code: Select all

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:51 pm 

I haven't had the pleasure to meet u but reading your post makes me think about continue playing SRO.
Good luck in whatever you're doing now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next