Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:28 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 9250
Location: Sand
Stop mentioning the names of bots, when I first came to this forum (in 07) I knew about 1 bot. Now I know the name of every bot, loader, and other third party program because of you guys. If I'm browsing through a thread and I see you call a bot or loader by name the first ban will be 24 hours, 2nd time 72 hours, 3rd time will be permanent. The reason? Advertising third party programs. Legit forum, right? Then stop calling them by name. I don't care if XX servers are down, I don't care about it's price or lack of one, and I REALLY don't care about it's functions.

I'm leaving this as a normal post for a week since most people don't read stickies.

_________________
Maddening
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:33 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 3067
Location:
Leagueoflegends
Ok Sir Mod

_________________
Image

Image
League of Legends EUW - Summoner Name: Th3Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:35 pm 
Dom's Slut
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 13791
Location:
Guildwars2
Aye aye captain.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:36 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 906
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Got it sir.

_________________
Image
The best way out - is through.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:41 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Syracuse
What is a bot? a robot? like wow i want a robot in my house to do the grinding for me ^_^ click click click, could it do my homework too? Man a back massage would be great atm, its killing me. Plz send me link so i can buy this bot. And is shipping free? XD

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm 
Dom's Slut
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 13791
Location:
Guildwars2
Arcavian wrote:
What is a bot? a robot? like wow i want a robot in my house to do the grinding for me ^_^ click click click, could it do my homework too? Man a back massage would be great atm, its killing me. Plz send me link so i can buy this bot. And is shipping free? XD


WoW doesn't have bots. Thats SRO

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 205
Location: planet earth
Barotix wrote:
Stop mentioning the names of bots, when I first came to this forum (in 07) I knew about 1 bot. Now I know the name of every bot, loader, and other third party program because of you guys. If I'm browsing through a thread and I see you call a bot or loader by name the first ban will be 24 hours, 2nd time 72 hours, 3rd time will be permanent. The reason? Advertising third party programs. Legit forum, right? Then stop calling them by name. I don't care if XX servers are down, I don't care about it's price or lack of one, and I REALLY don't care about it's functions.

I'm leaving this as a normal post for a week since most people don't read stickies.


how come you're so sensitive about third-party-program-advertising yet you've just defended the sneakiest and slimiest closet botters in sro history in a recent thread, namely Fly and nightbloom?

i wish you hadnt closed that thread so i would have replied to the OP and told people about that fine piece of history.

it's kinda contradictory.
you claim they were great anti-bot champions yet everyone should know by now that they were liars and manipulators exploiting ruthlessly the legit community for their own benefit.

whose side are you on?

if you're against botters, why defend these people?

they united nearly everyone against them, that's what they achieved.

ok they did build a "legit" empire, but this "legit empire" 's leadership was made of rotten botters.

it's like you're for the rebels in star wars but in fact you're defending empire spies ruling over the rebels like that Sith senator in the prequel.

wtf?
you're just a nice guy who hsnt gotten over having been screwed over by these sorry human beings?
so am i.
why support them then.

_________________
[GUIDE] How to earn money by buying & reselling : the basics
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92243


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:47 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1427
Location:
Olympus
Not this crap again.

Can we just agree to NOT discuss certain topics like Fly and NB?

As for Barotix, he's got a darn good point. Nobody would know the names of bots if people didn't post them.

Guess in EB we will just have to point out the bot and not how people know WHY it's a bot.

_________________
If faith is a crutch, I'm not limping anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:49 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1837
Location: Georgian4ever
Barotix wrote:
Stop mentioning the names of bots, when I first came to this forum (in 07) I knew about 1 bot. Now I know the name of every bot, loader, and other third party program because of you guys. If I'm browsing through a thread and I see you call a bot or loader by name the first ban will be 24 hours, 2nd time 72 hours, 3rd time will be permanent. The reason? Advertising third party programs. Legit forum, right? Then stop calling them by name. I don't care if XX servers are down, I don't care about it's price or lack of one, and I REALLY don't care about it's functions.

I'm leaving this as a normal post for a week since most people don't read stickies.

lol

OT:yeah well true but still ppl who search for a bot will find one... But since its a "Legit" forums yeah

_________________
Image
thanks to Mirosuke


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:50 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: SHEEKA JOOM BA BOOM BAH!! BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barotix wrote:
Stop mentioning the names of bots, when I first came to this forum (in 07) I knew about 1 bot. Now I know the name of every bot, loader, and other third party program because of you guys. If I'm browsing through a thread and I see you call a bot or loader by name the first ban will be 24 hours, 2nd time 72 hours, 3rd time will be permanent. The reason? Advertising third party programs. Legit forum, right? Then stop calling them by name. I don't care if XX servers are down, I don't care about it's price or lack of one, and I REALLY don't care about it's functions.

I'm leaving this as a normal post for a week since most people don't read stickies.

i find it hard to believe you are just now addressing this issue.
and i agree with truie, less the potential mod disrespect.

_________________
Image
^^Thanks Thomas42


Last edited by CeLL on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: SHEEKA JOOM BA BOOM BAH!! BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
ofy1993 wrote:
You suddenly call about 250-500 legits all bots surely prooves how ignorant you can be.


yes, its truly ignorant to go around and call people bots for no reason... the aforemented duo and their party posse never went around and did that for no reason ever.

the 250-500 people werent the problem, it was the puppet masters who held the strings that were the problem.

_________________
Image
^^Thanks Thomas42


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:06 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 9250
Location: Sand
Who cares about NB & Fly?

_________________
Maddening
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:08 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: SHEEKA JOOM BA BOOM BAH!! BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
their party posse.

_________________
Image
^^Thanks Thomas42


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:09 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 3067
Location:
Leagueoflegends
Barotix wrote:
Who cares about NB & Fly?

What are them :?

_________________
Image

Image
League of Legends EUW - Summoner Name: Th3Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:15 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 9250
Location: Sand
I can defend them because I don't care about Xian/Persia/Eldorado.

_________________
Maddening
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:17 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 555
Location:
Off Topic
Barotix wrote:
I can defend them because I don't care about Xian/Persia/Eldorado.

So I can defend bawters if I don't care/play SRO? cool

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:20 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 9250
Location: Sand
XxDeeDeeDeexX wrote:
Barotix wrote:
I can defend them because I don't care about Xian/Persia/Eldorado.

So I can defend bawters if I don't care/play SRO? cool


Nice attempt to strawman but in my context it makes sense. People try to discredit what they did on Venus by mentioning actions that took place in Xian/Persia/Eldorado. I'm not defending botters, I'm defending Venus. So again, I don't care about Xian/Persia/Eldorado. Nice try though.

_________________
Maddening
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:22 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: SHEEKA JOOM BA BOOM BAH!! BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
ofy1993 wrote:
it is arrogant to call 250-500 people who were partying everyday, exposing the wanna-be's, killing bots, bot plvls, doing traps everyday BOTS.


then Farking tell this to the people you are defending. i was there. i have had my share of views in the avalon royal court, i have seen my share of uni chatter. dont blow smoke up my ass, unless you buy me dinner first.

perfectly legit people were treated like trash if they didn’t conform to every bit of drivle that came spilling out of thiet mouths. I have seen entire unions manipulated by them, not even their own… they didn’t really give a shit about being antibot as much as they were about being pro THEM. How many times do I have to express this point...

_________________
Image
^^Thanks Thomas42


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:24 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 555
Location:
Off Topic
I don't understand why you defend iSRO at all though xD. If there truly is a legit in it, I doubt they played for any longer than a few weeks.
Also, I didnt really understand the "history" of Venus, and such. Oh well, theres nothing left TO defend in iSRO xD
And back on topic, which people don't read stickeys, you could just name it something misleading, like a stupid question, then people would click it and read it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:25 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2069
Location:
Rome
they botted on venus to :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:26 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: SHEEKA JOOM BA BOOM BAH!! BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
.AWAKE. wrote:
they botted on venus to :)

proof please.

_________________
Image
^^Thanks Thomas42


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2069
Location:
Rome
you wan proofz menz?

to lazy , hahah..

instinct tells me they did, so ill voice it how i see fit in my allotted post.

(waits for people to bash about how this isnt america bla bla bla cant voice your opinion blah blah)

_________________
Image


Last edited by .AWAKE. on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:29 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 91
Location:
Xian
.AWAKE. wrote:
they botted on venus to :)


Neva. All the ppl on sroforums are 100 % legit :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:30 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 9250
Location: Sand
They didn't bot on Venus, a disgruntled legit (and trust me, there were plenty of us more than willing to chase them around & catch them in the act on Venus) would have exposed them ages ago. What they did do on Venus was sell gold or rather they were accused of selling gold but proof was never provided. They sold gold and protected gold buyers.

_________________
Maddening
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:33 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2069
Location:
Rome
lulz , they could have when you guys were sleeping >:O

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:33 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 555
Location:
Off Topic
Barotix wrote:
They didn't bot on Venus, a disgruntled legit would have exposed them ages ago.

Real friends don't expose real friends. Botting in this forum is treated like Murder in real life. Would you REALLY tell the cops that your best friend, or good friend killed somebody? A bot is not a bad person, a bot is just a bad player. Why this forum is so against them I can't understand, the best reason I've heard is "to stay a fan forum". Totally BS in my opinion, but w/e, iSRO cannot be considered a legit game at all, its a fake word there. I play ecSRO for a reason, even if the traffic sux =_=.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:34 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: SHEEKA JOOM BA BOOM BAH!! BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can appreciate what they did for legits on venus, and there is no evidence that they botted there. its what was going on within the "system" that disturbs me. them being self hating hypocrites is the least of my worries. the only reason they became anti-bot is cause fly got haxxed. so its like when some loser tries +10 on their sun item and breaks it, and quits.

_________________
Image
^^Thanks Thomas42


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:36 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2069
Location:
Rome
these forums help pass so much down-time at work..can't believe im getting paid right now, hahah

oh and this thread went off-topic so fast hahah

regardless of whatever, I agree to keeping bot-names out of posts & threads, infact 2 people from my union managed to find links to bots on here, and now they have switched to the dark side.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:39 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 9250
Location: Sand
Word, no1 really cares about those people it's just something to talk about when we don't have class/work or when class/work is going slow.

_________________
Maddening
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:39 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: SHEEKA JOOM BA BOOM BAH!! BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
good thing baro has a magic eraser.

_________________
Image
^^Thanks Thomas42


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group