Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [GUIDE]: Building a Pure Int Nuker
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:15 am 

This warning message has been added on April 19, 2008 because of all these replys I am pissed about.

WARNING: this guide may not be to your liking because it is "different" then what all your ignorant friends tell you to do. But trust me, do the research on your own and then look at your character build again. and I promise you that when the final cap is reached (whatever lvl that may be)(this guide is geared more toward a 140-150 final) this build will be one of the best.

All the builds that are working toward a cap that is already implemented in the game is stupid because. you just going to have to work even harder to change it for the next cap. Sure it might be stronger than this build at that level but at the final cap, a character with my build will own.

for people that want to suggest their own build in the replys...MAKE YOUR OWN GUIDE AND POST IT THERE.

sorry if you sensed a bit of anger there. I just had to get it off my chest. and for the people that are offended by this...and by the suggestion that my guide makes to how to make you character, please...do the research and soon, youll understand what I am saying. Also to the same people, its a "guide" im not telling you how to build your crummy character, its just a suggestion on how to make it better.
Im not saying my build is the best. What I am saying it will be an elite build (along with others) that will soon catch on and everybody will want when the final cap comes. This is just a preparation for that so you wont have to do any extra work when it comes.
This guide is a soon to be trend. not a repeat of the millions of guides that say the same thing and are NOT working toward the final cap. Im trying to get you guys to think ahead.

and I cant leave out the people that were so open and accepting to my guide. THANK YOU for not following the ignorance of the many players out there.

AGAIN, this is a guide of data collection from many ELITE players, observations of the ELITE players gameplay and performance, and lots of calculations. research people, research

Stats

simple, put all your character points into INT. If you don't know why, I should slap you :shock:

Armor

Armor-(recommended when grinding or pvp) good physical defence, lacks magical defence. slows you down in running speed
Protector-(recommended when pvp or grinding) has both physical and magical defence but not great in both. has a small mp bonus, gives faster running speed then armor, less than garment
Garment-(recommended when in caves when fighting nachals) has good magical defence, lacks physical defence. gives a good mp bonus, you run faster than protector and armor

I am wearing armor right now, then I am switching over to garment or protector for 7th degree. then im switching back to armor.

Weapon

You are either going to use a sword + shield or spear. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use bow when you are making a nuker (except when you are sp farming in the bandit den, but thats another story). Bow nukers just drive me crazy. :banghead: The bow is a ranged weapon and the only ranged attack you need is your nuke and the bow is neither a STR or a INT weapon

The two weapon choices has its pros and cons.

Spear- better for lvling, does more damage then the sword but, you take more damage. Passive gives extra health
Sword- better for pvp, you take on less damage but, you deal less damage. Passive gives more blocking ratio

I say, when you are in the higher lvls, you are eventually gonna get the best gear so staying spear would be a good option. But, if you are gonna get good gear and go sword, it doesnt really matter. If you cant afford good gear, go sword and shield. Sword and Shield is what most nukers choose. But, do not get both sword and spear, only choose one.

Which leads me to my next point.

Masteries and Skills

Lets start off with masteries.

when you get the the 90-100 cap, your gonna have to choose two-three masteries and delvling one. I would choose not to get cold. Plus, lvling cold anything above 60 is a waste of sp. So choosing lightning, fire and weapon tree, it should look like this at the final cap(assuming the final cap is 140)

weapon tree-90
light-70
fire-140

you could play around with that to your liking.

another thing, your lightning mastery is just your sub, you are getting it for the buffs. So, you would lvl your mastery tree higher then your lightning because for every mastery lvl you put into your weapon tree, makes your weapon 1% stronger. For example, a person with a weapon tree at 60 and another person at 70. The person with 70 in his weapon tree, his weapon will be 10% stronger than the person with his at 60(assuming they have about equal weapons)

also, in ksro many nukers at the 90 cap have just lightning and the weapon tree. And, here is a little secret not many ppl know(credit to Fly) when you use all 3 lion shouts one after the other. It does the same dmg as a nuke but, it casts faster. So, you would still be ok if you just went lightning and weapon tree. The masteries should look like this.

Weapon- 140
Lightning- 140

you can do anything you want with the extra 20 mastery points you have.

Now the skills.

Your main skills should be fire and light or just light if you choose to.

Fire

Fire Force Series(Imbue)- Max
Fire Shield Series- Max
Flame Body Series- Max(for your spear moves)
Fire Protection Series- Max
Fire Wall Series-optional
Flame Wave Series(your fire nukes)- Max
Flame Devil Force Series(passive)- Max

Lightning

Lightning Force Series(imbue)- Skip
Piercing Force Series- Max
Wind Walk Series- Max
Lion Shout Series- Max
Concentration Series- Max
Thunderbolt Force Series(your lightning nukes)- Max
Heaven's Force Series(passive)- Max

If you plan to go sword.

Bicheon

Smashing Series- lvl to 1 then delvl with curst heart quest.
Chain Sword Attack Series- optional
Shield Technique Series- Max books 1 and 3
Blade Force Series- Skip
Hidden Blade Series(knockdown)- Max
Killing Heaven Blade Series(stab)- Max
Sword Dance Series- Optional
Shield Protection Series(passive)- Max

If you plan to go spear.

Heuksal

Annihilating Blade Series- lvl to 1 then delvl with curst heart quest
Fanning Spear Series- Max books 1 and 3
Heuksal Spear Series- Skip
Soul Departs Spear Series- Max
Ghost Spear Attack Series- Max
Chain Spear Attack Series- Skip
Flying Dragon Spear Series- Optional
Cheolsam Force Series(passive)- Max

Grinding and Sp Farming

Do quests till lvl 35-45, then you will have to get a gold ticket because you will lvl really slow. When you are finished grinding your gold ticket for the day, go ahead and do your quests if you wish.

You will basically grind on mobs the highest lvl mobs you can 1 or 2 hit. (after you get your nukes at lvl 30).

When sp farming you will want to grind on green mobs (when sp farming at the bandit den at 16). I farmed 10k sp there. Then I closed my gap and started to lvl. When you reach the lvl cap, all you are doing is finding new gear, job runs, and sp farming. So, I will sp farm then. When you get there, you will want to farm on monsters you can 1 hit or nuke and lion shout.

I hope this guide helped you make your nuker. I do not claim to know everything but this is what I have by observation and data collection. Please feel free to correct or add anything by posting a reply.

Guild- pWn lvl 5

crazy301- Pure Str Dual Axe/ Sword and Shield
Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

Last edited by xCrazyAzn301 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:02 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:24 am 
Veteran Member

1. IMHO bow is neither a STR nor an INT wpn
2. if you are going spear, dont do pure int
3. so no more
takolin wrote:
69 bow
90 fire
69 light
72 bicheon.
?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:26 am 

user wrote:
3. so no more
takolin wrote:
69 bow
90 fire
69 light
72 bicheon.
?

spear is a int weapon

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:33 am 
Veteran Member

xCrazyAzn301 wrote:
user wrote:
2. EDITED* if you are going spear, use hybrid INT
3. so no more
takolin wrote:
69 bow
90 fire
69 light
72 bicheon.
?

spear is a int weapon

and...

Last edited by user on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:34 am 

i think he meant "if you are going spear, go Hybrid Int." not sure tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:38 am 

user wrote:
xCrazyAzn301 wrote:
user wrote:
3. so no more
takolin wrote:
69 bow
90 fire
69 light
72 bicheon.
?

spear is a int weapon

and...

so you use it for int
and also, you will have to choose two-three masteries or else you are going to be weak in the higher lvls because your masteries are to spread apart

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:40 am 
Veteran Member

Noodlesareyummy wrote:
i think he meant "if you are going spear, go Hybrid Int." not sure tho.

+1

yeah, thats what i was going to say, thinks for thinking for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:00 am 
Advanced Member

nothing wrong in going pure int spear. You just don't survive well. However, you are a killing machine. And though bow kinda isn't a str or int weapon, its weapon skills are more useful for a str bow than an int bow imo, although hybrids might be able to do ok if built well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:07 am 

IguanaRampage wrote:
nothing wrong in going pure int spear. You just don't survive well. However, you are a killing machine. And though bow kinda isn't a str or int weapon, its weapon skills are more useful for a str bow than an int bow imo, although hybrids might be able to do ok if built well.

i agree with you but, also take into consideration of what I said. When you are in the higher lvls. you will eventually get good gear. making the damage you take less. and the damage you do, increase(if you put int on the gear) also, if you put str on your gear, you will survive longer. but sword and shield is never a bad choice

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:20 am 

may I ask why you say garmet for cave when most of the mobs are phys?

Guild: _Pure_ (Full)
Union: JustSkillz (~8 Guilds)
Union & Guild Forums
Union Team Speak Server

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:23 am 
Common Member

I suggest sticking with 1 type of protection instead of switching for different battles....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:38 am 
Advanced Member

LuCiDiTy wrote:

if you want to farm nachals, which have high spawn rates, I would use garment :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:52 am 
Banned User

IguanaRampage wrote:
LuCiDiTy wrote:

if you want to farm nachals, which have high spawn rates, I would use garment :)

yea nachals will own you if you dont have garms or good prot. i only use prot there now cus my def is way higher cus of my sos pieces.

its not really necessary now to use garm at 8th deg tho, since you can just go to takla and own up on the phys mobs till you get to mages.

now that i think about it tho...at some point youll need garment. or at least protector. try and find some good sos pieces if you can (even tho they are rather pricey at 8th degree)

as for the pure int spear thing, sure youll own anything you nuke, but if you dont oneshot someone, youre pretty much toast. unless you have crazy gear. id suggest going hybrid for spear and adding some int to your gear. i have 102% mag balance at around 64 and a lot more hp than a pure int. so i do about the same damage but i can tank more. the spear passive helps a lot with that too. pure int (imo) is more suited for s/s users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:05 am 
Casual Member

Nice guide *thumbs up* .. I'll be making a new char using this guide, PURE INT S/S ..

Just a question, should I just farm sp in the lower levels? Need some guides on it though coz the sp farming guide I'm following, takes long time and a pure int wont have a "great" damage in lower levels until 30.
I just can't wait to increase the mastery because of the low damage XD

Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:25 pm 

Hat3sh0tz wrote:
Nice guide *thumbs up* .. I'll be making a new char using this guide, PURE INT S/S ..

Just a question, should I just farm sp in the lower levels? Need some guides on it though coz the sp farming guide I'm following, takes long time and a pure int wont have a "great" damage in lower levels until 30.
I just can't wait to increase the mastery because of the low damage XD

Thanks guys.

well anyways, sp farming in the lower lvls is the most effective because when you done, you will just wizz right passed the people that didnt sp farm. But again, my method was just sp farming 10k at the bandit den and then when I would reach the cap(so far 80), I would leave my masteries at 71 and then lvl to 80 and sp farm on monsters I could kill really quickly.

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

Post subject: HELP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:12 pm 

ok, i thought i was all set... i messed up first char. so i made a new one. ok that one was going good but now i dunno wtf im doing. im pure int and use sword/ shield, i use ice and going to use fire and light for nukes im only level 18 am i on the right track???? :?

Post subject: HELP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:31 pm 

ok, i thought i was all set... i messed up first char. so i made a new one. ok that one was going good but now i dunno wtf im doing. im pure int and use sword/ shield, i use ice and going to use fire and light for nukes im only level 18 am i on the right track???? :?

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE]: Building a Pure Int Nuker
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:07 pm 
Valued Member

xCrazyAzn301 wrote:
Garment-(recommended when in caves at lvl 50+) has good magical defence, lacks physical defence. gives a good mp bonus, you run faster than protector and armor

I am wearing armor right now, then I am switching over to garment or protector for caves. Then I am switching back to armor.

Weapon

You are either going to use a sword + shield or spear. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use bow when you are making a nuker (except when you are sp farming in the bandit den, but thats another story). Bow nukers just drive me crazy. :banghead: The bow is a ranged weapon and the only ranged attack you need is your nuke and the bow is neither a STR or a INT weapon

why oh why would you suggest garms for nukers 50+ in caves? theres what, one mag mob in there? (and its lvl 69/70)

as for bows, i couldnt agree more, and it pisses me off just as much :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:07 pm 
Forum Legend

nice guide yeah, i just think that one thing is ridiculous...Why da ..... are you talking about skills for a lvl 140 cap when we dont even have 90 yet...silly..

Post subject: Re: HELP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:33 pm 

xXThe_Chosen_oneXx wrote:

yes, but delvl ice when you get in the higher lvls. sometime around 60.

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:35 pm 

Dempster wrote:
xCrazyAzn301 wrote:
Garment-(recommended when in caves at lvl 50+) has good magical defence, lacks physical defence. gives a good mp bonus, you run faster than protector and armor

I am wearing armor right now, then I am switching over to garment or protector for caves. Then I am switching back to armor.

Weapon

why oh why would you suggest garms for nukers 50+ in caves? theres what, one mag mob in there? (and its lvl 69/70)

well im not even there yet so im just guessing...lol, this is what I got from friends.

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:36 pm 

Dempster wrote:
xCrazyAzn301 wrote:

Weapon

well im not even there yet so im just guessing...lol, this is what I got from friends.

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:38 pm 

IceSworder wrote:
nice guide yeah, i just think that one thing is ridiculous...Why da ..... are you talking about skills for a lvl 140 cap when we dont even have 90 yet...silly..

its a big picture build, if i set the skills based on a 80-90 cap, it would have to change when it gets to 140. me personally, just knowing what you have to do ahead of time is good.

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:10 am 

what is the fastest way to levle 1-30 untill you get the nukes as a s/s?

Guild: _Pure_ (Full)
Union: JustSkillz (~8 Guilds)
Union & Guild Forums
Union Team Speak Server

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:19 am 
Loyal Member

xCrazyAzn301 wrote:
Stats

simple, put all your character points into INT. If you don't know why, I should slap you :shock:

Armor

Armor-(recommended when grinding) good physical defence, lacks magical defence. slows you down in running speed
Protector-(recommended when pvp) has both physical and magical defence but not great in both. has a small mp bonus, gives faster running speed then armor, less than garment

Weapon

The two weapon choices has its pros and cons.

Spear- better for lvling, does more damage then the sword but, you take more damage. Passive gives extra health
Sword- better for pvp, you take on less damage but, you deal less damage. Passive gives more blocking ratio

I say, when you are in the higher lvls, you are eventually gonna get the best gear so staying spear would be a good option. But, if you are gonna get good gear and go sword, it doesnt really matter. If you cant afford good gear, go sword and shield. Sword and Shield is what most nukers choose. But, do not get both sword and spear, only choose one.

Which leads me to my next point.

Masteries and Skills

Lets start off with masteries.

when you get the the 90-100 cap, your gonna have to choose two-three masteries and delvling one. I would choose not to get cold. Plus, lvling cold anything above 60 is a waste of sp. So choosing lightning, fire and weapon tree, it should look like this at the final cap(assuming the final cap is 140)

weapon tree-90
light-70
fire-140

you could play around with that to your liking.

also, in ksro many nukers at the 90 cap have just lightning and the weapon tree. And, here is a little secret not many ppl know(credit to Fly) when you use all 3 lion shouts one after the other. It does the same dmg as a nuke but, it casts faster. So, you would still be ok if you just went lightning and weapon tree. The masteries should look like this.

Weapon- 140
Lightning- 140

you can do anything you want with the extra 20 mastery points you have.

Now the skills.

Your main skills should be fire and light or just light if you choose to.

Fire

Fire Force Series(Imbue)- Max
Fire Shield Series- Max
Flame Body Series- Max(for your spear moves)
Fire Protection Series- Max
Fire Wall Series-optional
Flame Wave Series(your fire nukes)- Max
Flame Devil Force Series(passive)- Max

Lightning

Lightning Force Series(imbue)- Skip
Piercing Force Series- Max
Wind Walk Series- Max
Lion Shout Series- Max
Concentration Series- Max
Thunderbolt Force Series(your lightning nukes)- Max
Heaven's Force Series(passive)- Max

If you plan to go sword.

Bicheon

Smashing Series- lvl to 1 then delvl with curst heart quest.
Chain Sword Attack Series- optional
Shield Technique Series- Max books 1 and 3
Blade Force Series- Skip
Hidden Blade Series(knockdown)- Max
Killing Heaven Blade Series(stab)- Max
Sword Dance Series- Optional
Shield Protection Series(passive)- Max

If you plan to go spear.

Heuksal

Annihilating Blade Series- lvl to 1 then delvl with curst heart quest
Fanning Spear Series- Max books 1 and 3
Heuksal Spear Series- Skip
Soul Departs Spear Series- Max
Ghost Spear Attack Series- Max
Chain Spear Attack Series- Skip
Flying Dragon Spear Series- Optional
Cheolsam Force Series(passive)- Max

Grinding and Sp Farming

Do quests till lvl 35-45, then you will have to get a gold ticket because you will lvl really slow. When you are finished grinding your gold ticket for the day, go ahead and do your quests if you wish.

You will basically grind on orange and red mobs when grinding(after you get your nukes at lvl 30). You are a nuker and you deal high damage so you want to grind on orange monsters. Grind on red monsters if you can take the damage and kill them rather quickly.

When sp farming you will want to grind on green mobs (when sp farming at the bandit den at 16). I farmed 10k sp there. Then I closed my gap and started to lvl. When you reach the lvl cap, all you are doing is finding new gear, job runs, and sp farming. So, I will sp farm then. When you get there, you will want to farm on monsters you can 1 hit or nuke and lion shout.

I hope this guide helped you make your nuker. I do not claim to know everything but this is what I have by observation and data collection. Please feel free to correct or add anything by posting a reply.

IMO:
-i think it is good to have both spear & s/s, s/s for pvp, spear for grinding
-BOW is not neither an INT or STR weap, for it leans more on the STR side
-it is better to farm at mobs that u can one hit (u can usually one hit white mobs) than at red mobs...

btw, 1-30 fastest lvl=pure int bow, 30+ get ur nukes and go spear or s/s or both

Quit all games...but i still love you gamers <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:25 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide man, you just explained my character from top to bottom. ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:28 am 

lol, a pure int in caves dies so much even in armor when mobbed or fiting a giant that does a couple crits, wat makes u think garms /protector will help? unless u meant be in garms & grind on the int mob in cave, which there's only the nachals, though earth ghost warrior is hybrid of str attks & magic bombs

if ur int y r u lvling ur weapon mastery past ur lightening skill, unless ur expecting more weapon skills to be introduced by joymax.

& NO, a lionshout does not do as much dmg as a nuke, it's barely arnd 1/3 dmg or so of a nuke, & only good as a finisher for pve, maybe good for pvp to use after opening w/ a nuke & then using it b4 going to weapon skills

& NO, it's hard enough to not get killed grinding on white to orange monsters, whate makes u think grinding on red is fast nor efficient for a nuker, unless of course u have nice sox gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:06 pm 

3t3rnal wrote:
lol, a pure int in caves dies so much even in armor when mobbed or fiting a giant that does a couple crits, wat makes u think garms /protector will help? unless u meant be in garms & grind on the int mob in cave, which there's only the nachals, though earth ghost warrior is hybrid of str attks & magic bombs

if ur int y r u lvling ur weapon mastery past ur lightening skill, unless ur expecting more weapon skills to be introduced by joymax.

& NO, a lionshout does not do as much dmg as a nuke, it's barely arnd 1/3 dmg or so of a nuke, & only good as a finisher for pve, maybe good for pvp to use after opening w/ a nuke & then using it b4 going to weapon skills

& NO, it's hard enough to not get killed grinding on white to orange monsters, whate makes u think grinding on red is fast nor efficient for a nuker, unless of course u have nice sox gear.

yeah i meant nachals

your lightning is just your sub mastery, you are getting the weapon masteries for the skills but mainly the passive. also, lvling your weapon mastery increases the strength of the weapon. for example, a weapon mastery at 60 and a weapon mastery at 70, the person with the 70 mastery, his weapon would be 10% stronger then the other person (assuming that they both have about equal weapons)

im saying if you go pure lightning and mastery tree, using ALL 3 lion shouts in a row will do as much damage as a nuke.

i said, what ever you can kill in 1 hit or kill fairly quickly

Guild- pWn lvl 5

Level- 1X
Server- Xian
no guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:10 pm 

Immence guide! But whats grinding? (Sorry I'm a bit of a noob)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:19 pm 
Ex-Staff

killing monsters over and over and over (without quests). It's pretty much what you do in silkroad to level.