Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Bow Guide
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:43 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
Here are my first words to all of you out there:
"A Bow build is not useless, you just have to know how to play it"
I have gotten many remarks and comments about how bow is a useless build, str bow=remake and make glavie or blade, int bow=remake and make spear or sword. Come on but have any of you out there have even the guts to make a Bow build? Do you just sit there with some other build and just take people's word for it? Dont let people destroy your hopes and dreams. Well this is my Guide on how to make a bow build and for all of you bow-lovers to get started on it.

Edit: Bow isnt a useless build anymore, at this cap and maybe next, it has come to be one of the most used builds yet for chinese race.

Key Concepts
Str = Strength
Int= Intelligence
AOE= Area of Effect (Allow you to attack more than 1 thing)
Mob= Monster
Buff= Skills that help you

Bow Build?
The first thing you have to know is what is a bow and how do you play it? Well starting off, the bow is a ranged weapon with skills most likely used in Str Builds, but it is also very decent in Int builds as well. The bow has the longest ranged out of all the other main weapons and it has the strongest moves in the game for the weapon skills. Whatever you may choose your build to be, you can always reroll later but that takes tons of time. So finish reading this guide and many other guides and then make your decision.

Skills
There are 9 Skills in the Bow division. Each set of books with its own effects. There are some skills where it will allow you to attack from a longer range and deal more damage at a constant rate. Other books allow you to attack more than one monster at a time.

Anti devil bow-Missile
This Skills is a must for Str builds, everybook increases your chances of dealing crits even more. It is also one of the most usefull skins out of the Pacheon series due to its high critical percentage. It can be used as a great starter in pvp or pve and it does very well in both areas. For an Int build, it is also a good move to get because if you look at its attack%, it increases every time meaning it will deal alot of dmg.

2 Arrow combo
This is a Must in both Str and Int builds, it is a great finisher in both pvp and pve. If you use this move with Ice Imbue, it is a great combination, it will freeze the enemy allowing time for you to escape or finish off the enemy. Even for an Int build, it is a great substitue for lion shout skill, does great after a nuke. Plus, with the new skills up to lv 80 now, Arrow combo has developed knockback skill, which has a chance of pushing the enemy back with each arrow which is a great asset to both types of builds.

Hawk Training Series
This is a great skill to get, it increases attack rating, meaning it will alow you to do close the the highest damage you could do. For example: if you were to do about 1500-2000 dmg between attacks, with the hawk training series, it lets you do around 1750-2000 dmg, thats alot more dmg then you think. :wink:
Another bird of this series is the Black Hawk and the Lightning Hawk which is kind of like a growth pet but different. You can summon the hawk and it can attack for you and the good thing is, you dont have to feed it and it gets higher in damage as you increase the skill level.

Autumn Wind Arrow Series
This series is one of three AOE attacks in the Pacheon series. It is a decent move but lacks damage compared to the other moves. It is basically an alternative move for Str and Int builds. Optional

Break Heaven Arrow Series
This series can be a must for both Int and Str builds. It allows you to attack at a further distance, giving you advantage to do damage before something hits you. The range increases everytime allowing you to attack at a farther range. IMO, this skill looks pretty cool cause this skill looks like lightning imbue and if you use it along with your own imbue, it looks like you are using two at once.

Explosion Arrow Series
This is a must in both Int and Str builds, if you get these moves, they allow you to do MORE damage than you want to. It is also the second of the three skills that has the capability of AOE in the pacheon series. Its final book is really powerful and it adds attack rating, which increases your chances of hitting higher. Str build is a definite must, due to the fact that it does incredible damage when it crits. For an Int build, its definitely another nuke on your hotkeys, sorta.

Strong Bow Series
The Strong Bow series is the 2nd to last in the pacheon series. It does really good damage in both Int and Str builds but it takes a really long time to execute. It is also one of the best chinese race moves in the game with its 350%. Whoever has been telling you that you shouldnt use it in pvp because of its long execute time, dont believe them! It doesnt take all that long and is great in the long run. It also has STUN which is a great attribute, one of the best in Pacheon. Optional

Mind Bow Series[b]
This series is the newest to the Pacheon skill tree. It is a great move to lure in mobs and finish them off. This is also the third and final of the AOE skills. It does pretty decent damage as well, making it good in the long run. Optional

[b]Mind Concentration Series

This is the passive and last series in the Pacheon category. It allows you to do the highest damage you can produce permanently. A must for both Int and Str builds.

Equipment
The recommended gear to wear is of course your bow, jewelry :D and garment. Garment because it saves mp and plus it protects from magic attacks but sometimes build tend to go protector to have both assets for defense against magical and physical attack. Barely anyone is in armor unless your unfunded, if you have little money, go armor.


Builds
These are the main builds which people tend to use more than others.
There are more combinations so dont worry.

Pure Str Bow
This build is a great for beginners who are planning on being a Bow build. It is mainly just adding all stat points into Str and getting the skills i mentioned above or your own combo. At higher levels, your crits will do double the regular amount of damage you usually execute. Its a great build, good damage and it is able to tank, high hp too but lacks mp. Mainly focus on the trees Pacheon, Fire and Light or you could go ice as well. Experiment a little too if you like.

Pure Int Bow
This build is a little bit more tough but it is a great damage dealer. It is focused on putting all your stat points into Int and getting the skills above or again, create your own combo. I would recomment Ice as the MAIN imbue for this build, mainly because it will help suit your survival. A light/ice/pacheon will do fine. Just make sure you have ice as a skill tree for snow shield and the phy. def buff.

70:70 BOW
The new addition. It has great damage and can survive, i havent tried it myself but from what i heard its pretty good, Heres a debated guide.
viewtopic.php?t=24752


PVP
Int: The main focus of an Int when pvping is to have Ice Imbue, Arrow Combo, Nukes and Explosion Arrow. First you buff up, when you are fighting a blader or glavier, try and keep your distance, nuke and use explosion arrow from far and when they get up close, with the arrow combo's knockback, use it as much as you can to help you knockback the opponent whenever they get close. People without ice immunity will freeze and that will give you the chance to grasswalk away and repeat that process. When fighting a Nuker, Use Pacheon Skills frequently since its skills deal more damage than nukes. I would recommend strong bow since it has STUN skill which can help you repot more and help you survive and arrow combo which knocks back the enemy.

Str: The thing you have to worry about when fighting with a Str bower is nothing really. Just fight them when you can and keep tanking. Start the battle from afar and when they come up, keep pounding moves on them. When your hp is too low, just grasswalk out of there and repot, that gives you the chance of dealing damage since you have range. Stun and knockback come in handy, a high crit bow is recommended for you to take out your enemy quicker.

This is mainly what i have to say. Just mix up the build and skills and let loose and have fun. I hope you found this guide useful.

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Last edited by LadyB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 am, edited 7 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:44 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 22
Location:
Mercury
great guide! im not a bow user but this guide is great.
deserves a sticky!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:49 am 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 723
Location:
Redsea
int=integrity? rofl thats a good one. I always thought it was intelligence... oh well

_________________
<<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 am 
Casual Member
Offline

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 78
even though i hate bow builds, this guide has some good points.
deserves sticky


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:18 am 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4599
Location: Studying Computer Science, Vienna
Great guide, deserves a sticky.

_________________
Carry your cross, and I'll carry mine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:12 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
thanks :D

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:24 pm 
New Member
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 31
Location:
Venice
Are those all the series's? Because all of them mention they are "a must have", if those are only the good ones then which are the best ones in order to use your SP points towards?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:12 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
Knoppix wrote:
Are those all the series's? Because all of them mention they are "a must have", if those are only the good ones then which are the best ones in order to use your SP points towards?


i said some are a must. and i said some CAN be a must

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:32 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 22
Location:
Mercury
LadyB wrote:
Knoppix wrote:
Are those all the series's? Because all of them mention they are "a must have", if those are only the good ones then which are the best ones in order to use your SP points towards?


i said some are a must. and i said some CAN be a must


yea thats what i read too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:05 am 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 17293
Location: Ghosting around
AoE is Area of Effect =P

and IMO autumn series isnt worth the sp.

nice guide overall tho =) sticky

_________________
Image
Props to chrisorg for the sig <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:49 am 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3657
Location: MrTwilligers skin
Quote:
PVE
Int: The main focus of an Int when pvping is to have Ice Imbue, Arrow Combo, Nukes and Explosion Arrow. First you buff up, when you are fighting a blader or glavier, try and keep your distance, nuke and use explosion arrow from far and when they get up close, use that arrow combo combined with ice imbue. People without ice immunity will freeze and that will give you the chance to grasswalk away and repeat that process. When fighting a Nuker, Use Pacheon Skills frequently since its skills deal more damage than nukes.
Str: The thing you have to worry about when fighting with a Str bower is nothing really. Just fight them when you can and keep tanking. Start the battle from afar and when they come up, keep pounding moves on them. When your hp is too low, just grasswalk out of there and repot, that gives you the chance of dealing damage since you have range.




didnt u mean pvp :roll:


apart from that, its a decent guide. If u arnt feeling lazy, it may be of an advantage to add force tress aswell, then to suggest what skillz from them for each specific build, " intl and str" as u call them.


Quote:
I have gotten many remarks and comments about how bow is a useless build



Obviously from someone who hasnt pvp'd high lvl bow, or played as a high lvl bow. people can be so ignorant


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:50 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1063
Location:
Xian
It's not really a guide, just descripes the attacks.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:51 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
thanks, i just fixed it up. its my first time making a guide.

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:57 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 98
if you go INT bow you already lost the game 8)
pure STR is the only way to go bow imo

bow is a build that relies on crits, if you go INT the nukes will already provide you with ranged attacks, so i see NO reason to go INT bow whatsoever


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:00 am 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2349
Location:
Off Topic
Ergonio wrote:
bow is a build that relies on crits, if you go INT the nukes will already provide you with ranged attacks, so i see NO reason to go INT bow whatsoever

there is a good point in there regarding this, pacheon skills are str based, so they do more dmg to a nuker than a nuke, and they have the range as well.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:11 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
im saying if you were to go int bow, thats how i would base it. and no you a pure int bow is as vulnerable as a pure int spear. pure int bows just dont have any moves to stun or knockback or even knockdown but if you use ice imbue with the arrow combos, the opponent is most definitely frozen in the process.

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:55 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 98
the kb and stun makes you already less vulnerable, plus the spear tree gives about 1k extra HP passive skill.

with int bow you have really nothing going for yourself, no stun kb, or kd and stab.
your crits will suck aswell. so it's not really a good choice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:06 am 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 449
Location:
Xian
Good guide, their should be more of these :D

Like you said, most people say "omg go blade or glaive, you noob" because they haven't seen a good bower in action =]

For some reason, I see bows trying to tank glaivers and bladers by standing right next to them. That's giving them the advantage; that's not what we're made for. We're made to run away like little sissies and snipe! It's true, and be proud of it xD

At level 35 with an SOS bow, I one hit KO nukers with a simple level 1 Strong Bow and do decently well against other STR builds. I even killed a level 36 blader that had SOM weapon + shield o_O

But every time I stand next to a blader or glaiver, they own me. Bladers continuously knock me down and stab me to hell. Glaivers stun and use ghostspear, and their crits do huge damage.

The point is, when they begin to attack, you need to keep a distance and utilize your range advantage. Ghostwalk and use anti devil > arrow combo > berserker arrow (if needed). Once you get Anti Devil Steel, then use Anti Devil Steel > Anti Devil Wave. If both critical, use four arrow combo and berserker arrow. Then, your attacks should have done massive damage. If not, ghostwalk away and repeat forever until the other person dies or gets pissed off. ^_^ If they say, "COME BACK HERE YOU *****!!!11!" Then, you know you have achieved your goal.

If they run out of pills or are not immune to ice, Frost Nova can save your life. Use Frost Nova and ghostwalk away to shoot. If you're lucky, it can freeze them for around 3 - 5 seconds, which is more than enough time to deal a ton of damage. Even if they use pills, ice will still be hella annoying because freeze takes a second or two to pill off.

Nukers are a bit easier. Just attack them before they attack you, since most Pure STR builds can tank 4 - 5 nukes before dying. A crit from Anti Devil or Strong Bow + Arrow combo drops most people.

It's rare to fight another bowman, but the only thing you can do is tank it out. If you can shoot them, they can shoot you, so the stronger one will win. (I learned from watching some high levels PVPing in Hotan, it was pretty cool :P)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:32 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
Advancechao wrote:
Good guide, their should be more of these :D

Like you said, most people say "omg go blade or glaive, you noob" because they haven't seen a good bower in action =]

For some reason, I see bows trying to tank glaivers and bladers by standing right next to them. That's giving them the advantage; that's not what we're made for. We're made to run away like little sissies and snipe! It's true, and be proud of it xD

At level 35 with an SOS bow, I one hit KO nukers with a simple level 1 Strong Bow and do decently well against other STR builds. I even killed a level 36 blader that had SOM weapon + shield o_O

But every time I stand next to a blader or glaiver, they own me. Bladers continuously knock me down and stab me to hell. Glaivers stun and use ghostspear, and their crits do huge damage.

The point is, when they begin to attack, you need to keep a distance and utilize your range advantage. Ghostwalk and use anti devil > arrow combo > berserker arrow (if needed). Once you get Anti Devil Steel, then use Anti Devil Steel > Anti Devil Wave. If both critical, use four arrow combo and berserker arrow. Then, your attacks should have done massive damage. If not, ghostwalk away and repeat forever until the other person dies or gets pissed off. ^_^ If they say, "COME BACK HERE YOU *****!!!11!" Then, you know you have achieved your goal.

If they run out of pills or are not immune to ice, Frost Nova can save your life. Use Frost Nova and ghostwalk away to shoot. If you're lucky, it can freeze them for around 3 - 5 seconds, which is more than enough time to deal a ton of damage. Even if they use pills, ice will still be hella annoying because freeze takes a second or two to pill off.

Nukers are a bit easier. Just attack them before they attack you, since most Pure STR builds can tank 4 - 5 nukes before dying. A crit from Anti Devil or Strong Bow + Arrow combo drops most people.

It's rare to fight another bowman, but the only thing you can do is tank it out. If you can shoot them, they can shoot you, so the stronger one will win. (I learned from watching some high levels PVPing in Hotan, it was pretty cool :P)


thats the spirit, great job man. :)


Quote:
the kb and stun makes you already less vulnerable, plus the spear tree gives about 1k extra HP passive skill.

with int bow you have really nothing going for yourself, no stun kb, or kd and stab.
your crits will suck aswell. so it's not really a good choice


what you say is true. but the bow has a probability of winning. if 2 builds were to face off with similar gear. the outcome is unpredictable, we will just have to wait and see.[/quote]

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:22 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 16
I am new, lvl 17, and I don't belong to a guild (not by choice), but so far the game seems to be quite "logical" in it's design. I have found that if I think like I would under actual conditions that it works.. you have to take into consideration range, strength, strategy (approach) speed, etc. If you study as you level, on the qualities of the weapon and the character the game seems to provide you with what you need as far as weapon upgrades etc. I love the bow's effectiveness in the right application. On my lvl 17 character I use it and the sword, on my other, lvl 14 character I use it and the glaive. People are too impatient and unwilling to properly develope and train . I think. I don't have money to buy crap online and it's not my desire to try to set some kind of record in getting to point B. If you are willing to put the time into "play" the Bow is a wonderfully effective weapon, and I use it on both a 100% strength build and a 2-1 Magic build. Does this make sense to anyone?

_________________
LiuKain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:23 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
scorpius59 wrote:
I am new, lvl 17, and I don't belong to a guild (not by choice), but so far the game seems to be quite "logical" in it's design. I have found that if I think like I would under actual conditions that it works.. you have to take into consideration range, strength, strategy (approach) speed, etc. If you study as you level, on the qualities of the weapon and the character the game seems to provide you with what you need as far as weapon upgrades etc. I love the bow's effectiveness in the right application. On my lvl 17 character I use it and the sword, on my other, lvl 14 character I use it and the glaive. People are too impatient and unwilling to properly develope and train . I think. I don't have money to buy crap online and it's not my desire to try to set some kind of record in getting to point B. If you are willing to put the time into "play" the Bow is a wonderfully effective weapon, and I use it on both a 100% strength build and a 2-1 Magic build. Does this make sense to anyone?


makes sense

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:30 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Hey, I just started the game, haven't created a character yet, but I want to make a character that uses bow. I'm leaning more towards the STR build, and want to know what skills I should get first, and how much of each. And also if pure STR will have decent leveling and damage in later levels. Great guide though. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:13 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 449
Location:
Xian
Swibbles wrote:
Hey, I just started the game, haven't created a character yet, but I want to make a character that uses bow. I'm leaning more towards the STR build, and want to know what skills I should get first, and how much of each. And also if pure STR will have decent leveling and damage in later levels. Great guide though. :)


Pure STR levels slightly slower than nukers, and equal to glaivers. Pure INT bow is the fastest leveler until 30, when nukers take over. I don't know about pure INT after level 30 though, because I've never met any. They tend to be very strong, but they die very easily as well.

_________________
Adv4nc3chao: Level 89 Hybrid Warlock/Cleric
Quit since Jan. 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:15 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
Advancechao wrote:
Swibbles wrote:
Hey, I just started the game, haven't created a character yet, but I want to make a character that uses bow. I'm leaning more towards the STR build, and want to know what skills I should get first, and how much of each. And also if pure STR will have decent leveling and damage in later levels. Great guide though. :)


Pure STR levels slightly slower than nukers, and equal to glaivers. Pure INT bow is the fastest leveler until 30, when nukers take over. I don't know about pure INT after level 30 though, because I've never met any. They tend to be very strong, but they die very easily as well.


pure str bowers level faster than glavier and bladers, but slower than nukers.

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:46 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 160
Location:
Odin
always wanted to try bowman but cant e bothered making another char

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:32 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 449
Location:
Xian
LadyB wrote:
Advancechao wrote:
Swibbles wrote:
Hey, I just started the game, haven't created a character yet, but I want to make a character that uses bow. I'm leaning more towards the STR build, and want to know what skills I should get first, and how much of each. And also if pure STR will have decent leveling and damage in later levels. Great guide though. :)


Pure STR levels slightly slower than nukers, and equal to glaivers. Pure INT bow is the fastest leveler until 30, when nukers take over. I don't know about pure INT after level 30 though, because I've never met any. They tend to be very strong, but they die very easily as well.


pure str bowers level faster than glavier and bladers, but slower than nukers.


Yeah I agree that they level slower than nukers, but some glaivers level as fast as me. I met someone when we were both 20, and when I met him again 10 levels later, he was level 29. So, glaivers, due to their high attack power, do level pretty fast. Bows only save pots; you still have to run in and take the loot if you don't have a monkey :(

_________________
Adv4nc3chao: Level 89 Hybrid Warlock/Cleric
Quit since Jan. 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:08 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1116
Location:
Hera
Advancechao wrote:
LadyB wrote:
Advancechao wrote:
Swibbles wrote:
Hey, I just started the game, haven't created a character yet, but I want to make a character that uses bow. I'm leaning more towards the STR build, and want to know what skills I should get first, and how much of each. And also if pure STR will have decent leveling and damage in later levels. Great guide though. :)


Pure STR levels slightly slower than nukers, and equal to glaivers. Pure INT bow is the fastest leveler until 30, when nukers take over. I don't know about pure INT after level 30 though, because I've never met any. They tend to be very strong, but they die very easily as well.


pure str bowers level faster than glavier and bladers, but slower than nukers.


Yeah I agree that they level slower than nukers, but some glaivers level as fast as me. I met someone when we were both 20, and when I met him again 10 levels later, he was level 29. So, glaivers, due to their high attack power, do level pretty fast. Bows only save pots; you still have to run in and take the loot if you don't have a monkey :(


it depends. if you were to have +3 weap and no good gear, and he had sos weap and int and str on his gear, then yes he will level as fast as you. or if he had gt and you didnt

_________________
Whatever tickles your pickle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:54 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 318
LadyB wrote:
Advancechao wrote:
LadyB wrote:
Advancechao wrote:
Swibbles wrote:
Hey, I just started the game, haven't created a character yet, but I want to make a character that uses bow. I'm leaning more towards the STR build, and want to know what skills I should get first, and how much of each. And also if pure STR will have decent leveling and damage in later levels. Great guide though. :)


Pure STR levels slightly slower than nukers, and equal to glaivers. Pure INT bow is the fastest leveler until 30, when nukers take over. I don't know about pure INT after level 30 though, because I've never met any. They tend to be very strong, but they die very easily as well.


pure str bowers level faster than glavier and bladers, but slower than nukers.


Yeah I agree that they level slower than nukers, but some glaivers level as fast as me. I met someone when we were both 20, and when I met him again 10 levels later, he was level 29. So, glaivers, due to their high attack power, do level pretty fast. Bows only save pots; you still have to run in and take the loot if you don't have a monkey :(


it depends. if you were to have +3 weap and no good gear, and he had sos weap and int and str on his gear, then yes he will level as fast as you. or if he had gt and you didnt

lol i just did this so teh box can keep getting bigger lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lol
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:22 am 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 160
Location:
Odin
lolster wrote:
LadyB wrote:
Advancechao wrote:
LadyB wrote:
Advancechao wrote:
Swibbles wrote:
Hey, I just started the game, haven't created a character yet, but I want to make a character that uses bow. I'm leaning more towards the STR build, and want to know what skills I should get first, and how much of each. And also if pure STR will have decent leveling and damage in later levels. Great guide though. :)


Pure STR levels slightly slower than nukers, and equal to glaivers. Pure INT bow is the fastest leveler until 30, when nukers take over. I don't know about pure INT after level 30 though, because I've never met any. They tend to be very strong, but they die very easily as well.


pure str bowers level faster than glavier and bladers, but slower than nukers.


Yeah I agree that they level slower than nukers, but some glaivers level as fast as me. I met someone when we were both 20, and when I met him again 10 levels later, he was level 29. So, glaivers, due to their high attack power, do level pretty fast. Bows only save pots; you still have to run in and take the loot if you don't have a monkey :(


it depends. if you were to have +3 weap and no good gear, and he had sos weap and int and str on his gear, then yes he will level as fast as you. or if he had gt and you didnt

lol i just did this so teh box can keep getting bigger lol


bigger and bigger

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:38 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1596
Location: Black Desert Online
ok first off i have some things to say sence i am a lvl 36 archer pure str ice so i think my advice will help a little too. those of you that i have hunted can vouce for me cause i pwn thiefs!!

first thing i have to say is never ever use strong bow more then once in pvp.. infact, if you cant kill them before it has time to recharge then chances are you will be one of two things... dead, or running to town for more pots. because strong bow takes so long to accomplish you can do an antidevil bow(which in a crit does jsut as much damage as strong bow) folowed by arrow combo and/or berserker arrow.

next thing is that i do not recemend autum wind arrow. it does about 200less then anti devil bow and it crits less..(yes yes i know i have that skill and use it too but never in pvp, only in pve which this guide i think is aimed more towards pvp so i wont tell my reasons)

and if you are a bow always go pure str garm because armor or pure int bow is stupid. think of it this way, if you where a spear nuker you could do 2.2k a hit, a sword nuker could do liek 1.8k a hit, but they balance out cause you got shield with sword and extra hp with spear. if you are bow... you got no extra hp, no shield, and you do about 1.5k pre hit so not only do you hit lower, you have less defence. and you shoudl know why not be pure str armor thats just stupid.

now i dont have grass walk cause i am stretched for sp but he made a good point. bow is made for range, fi you find yourself close up to yrou opponent then what i do is zerk away for like 10seconds then come back with a strong bow and blast em one hit(i always zerk cause my most pvp is hunting thiefs and with a theif you can never tell what lvl theyare) you can also do what he said and forst nova him, even if they have pills it still takes about 2seconds for him to pill it off, then run away with phantom walk and antidevil-combo(yes he said taht before but it is a good point)

and also i dont knwo who you talkign too but bow is one of the best builds out there when you do it right. mostly what i see is lvl 64+ hunter bows trying to kill a 64+ nuker theif in dwn or glaiver by just standing there and attacking him strati tout. that is not the way to do it because you leave yourself open for nukes. what they should be doign is run away like i see nukers do when facing glaivers. nukers run, bows run, glaivers catch up thats way it works.

P.S. i am lvl 36pure str ice bow in full ncp protector no blues and no +s with a llv 35 bow (ncp), and i have killed at least 20 thiefs in my day hunting for guild trades.... last thing i will say is ARCHERS PWN

_________________
Image
^^ mAd propps to Verfo for the sig:P thankx man!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group