Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [GUIDE] How to be the fastest leveller. [FIXED+MORE INFO]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:07 pm 
Banned User

Contents
Part 1. How to level fast with a pure int.
Part 1b. Requirements
Part 1c. Basic step by step.

Part 2. How to level fast with a pure STR.
Part 2b. Requirements
Part 2c. Information i can offer

Part 3. Questions And Answers

Part 4. Edit Log

Part 1. - How to level fast with a pure INT.
A pure INT is the fastest leveler. Its fact. A pure INT does more damage, and after level 30 has a very powerful ranged magical attack called a "nuke". In this guide, we are completely based around using these "nukes".

Requirements
To be the fastest leveler, you will need the following.
1. Determination
2. Self-discipline
3. Experience
4. Enough gold to buy the latest weapon at each level

Basic Step by Step Guide.
Start a new character, make sure you select the BOW as your weapon. Why you ask?
Bow is the fastest levelling below level 30.

Start off grinding, (mangyangs, weasels e.t.c.). DO NOT level any masteries. Once you hit level 5, you can get your first skill and imbue.

Imbue - A magic status for your weapon that infuses the weapon with the power of an element. (My own definition).
All you need to know is it makes your attacks more powerful and last 5 seconds (at level 5).

Once at level 5, level up the masteries "Pacheon", the bow mastery, and "Lightning", for your imbue and speed skills. And also later, a nuke. Your build will now look like this;
http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Bu ... file=32827

With this skills, grind up to level 7. Once at level 7, level up both pacheon and lightning to level 5. This gives a gap of 2. (A gap is the difference of your character level and your highest mastery level).

Now, continue to grind to level 8. WOW!!! Level 8!!! You can buy a new weapon. You probably wont have much money, assuming this is a new server, so search stalls for a nice level 8 bow. Any will do, as long as its cheaper than from the NPC.

Now you are level 8, whilst in town, buy a lot of MP and HP herbs, and run over to the Yeoha mobs out of the west gate of jangan and over the bridge. You will be able to handle the decayed yeohas as they are pure phy attack so they need to be close to attack you, and they walk VERY slow. Try to avoid the normal Yeoha's. Keep killing these mobs until level 13.

Whilst leveling, keep the 2 gap between mastery level and character level. Keep pacheon and lightning at the same.

NOTE: While leveling with the two gap, remember to keep ugrading the anti-devil bow and the lightning imbue at every skill level. At level 29 you should have anti-devil bow maxed and the following lightning skills maxed;
Lightning Imbue - MAXED
Flow/Must Piercing Force - MAXED (use this buff all the time)
Grass walk - MAXED
Lion Shout Series - MAXED

REMEMBER: You should update your armor/garment/protector, and weapons at every degree.

As soon as you're level 30, you get the lightning nuke and shouts, use the nuke + shout whatever you are. You can keep your bow for now, just make sure you get a spear at level 32. You want the most power with your nukes.

NOW WE CHANGE GAP! VERY IMPORTANT.
We now change to a one gap. As soon as you hit level 30, bring lightning up to level 30. Get the nuke. Now, once you hit level 31, dont level up lightning. But when you hit 32, bring lightning up to level 31. Then at level 33, bring lightning up to 32... So on and so forth. Keep a one gap ALL THE WAY FROM NOW ON.

AT LEVEL 30 YOUR BUILD SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS!

NOTE: The fastest way to level is to kill the highest mob that you can kill with one nuke and one shout. Even if it is lower level that you.

Final Step
Now, grind all the way to level 72, only leveling lightning, all skills except phantom walk and the concentration series. Use a spear, right until the end. Once at level 72, get skills to level 71. Now, we can start to create your build. Obviously after some pwnage at PVP, as everyone will be 30 levels lower than you haha. Since you will be pretty much the only person in Taklamakan, you go to whichever mobs you can handle, and start to create a 9 gap. Once at level 80, you will have that 9 gap. Just grind until you have enough skill points for your build. I suggest using this calculator as it includes updated skills (such as mana shield).

MY ADVICE TO YOU
As a pure int, you will have low defense, so i advise you take sword/shield as your build. But obviously, a spear can also survive with the mana shield, but yet again, sword and shield is much better at surviving and tanks better with mana shield.

Your build can be whatever you like, but i suggest one of the following.

Heuksal - 80
Ice - 80
Lightning - 80
Fire - 60

Bicheon - 80
Heuksal - 60
Lightning - 80
Ice - 80

Bicheon - 80
Lightning - 80
Ice - 80
Fire - 60

For the red build, this is pure int spear. Get all Lightning skills. Get all fire skills. Only get the ice passive and cold armor in ice.
Get all heuksal skills except the following;
First series (Wolf bite)
The dancing demon/heuskal spear series
The chains
The spear throw.

For the blue build, this is sword and shield. Get all Lightning skills. Get all fire skills. Only get the ice passive and cold armor in ice.
Get all skills in bicheon except the following;
The First Series
The Chains
Blade Force/Soul Cut Blade
Specials (Snake Sword Dance)

For the brown build, this is sword and shield.Get all Lightning skills. Get all fire skills. Only get the ice passive and cold armor in ice.
Get all bicheon skills except the following;
The First Series
The Chains
Blade Force/Soul Cut Blade
Specials (Snake Sword Dance)

MAIN POINT - Do not create your build until you have enough skill points.

Part 2. How to level fast with a STR character
This is a lot harder. A STR build gets half its power from weapon skills and half from the imbue. This makes it difficult as a 1 gap is not sufficient to have enough skill points to level up two masteries.

Unfortunately, i do not have enough experience to give a fool proof guide with STR characters. But here is what i can tell you.

Requirements
1. A LOT of determination
2. Lots of time

Information i can offer
Fire imbue is necessary for a strength build to do a lot of damage. But you will also need lightning for the speed buffs.
So here is an alternative. Use drug of wind until you are level 52, and create a 9 gap at that level. By this time, you should have farmed a lot of gold, and maybe you can buy an SoX glaive and farm penons to get your necessary SP. STR builds have other advantages than fast leveling.

Part 3. Questions And Answers

Q: How much does it cost to delevel pacheon? And when should i do it?
A: I'm not certain how much it wil cost, but an approximate guess is around 20-30K per skill? With curst hearts obviously.
At level 70-80, a day of grinding can earn you over a million, and so i'd suggest, only delevel when you have to. I suggest when SP farming at level 70-80, just have the curst hearts quest and collect the number necessary.

Q: How many curst hearts will it take to delevel pacheon?
A: 40. As long as you follow this guide perfectly. Look here at what pacheon should include;
http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Bu ... file=32825

Q: Should i do the quests?
A: Not all of them. Check the rewards, and only do the quests with SP rewards as well as exp. Otherwise you will not have enough SP to level. IF you decide to do a quest with no SP reward, build up a bigger gap until it regulates itself.
E.G: IF you do a quest that gives you 5% exp, work out what 5% of the SP gained in that level was, and make sure you earn it back with a 2 gap the next level.

Q:
A:

Part 4. Edit Log
19/8 ~ Added a change to the gap (keeping 2 gap up till level 30).
19/8 ~ Answered the question about quests.

Last edited by CobbZ on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:24 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:14 pm 
Ex-Staff

Yea, that's what people are doing everytime a new server starts. Thumb up :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:15 pm 
Banned User

Sorry, just thought new players needed the heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:21 pm 

[Edit by Soda - Flames Removed]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:39 pm 
Ex-Staff

silklord wrote:
[Edit by Soda - Please try to refrain from quoting posts you see as inappropriate, so mods don't have to edit multiple posts]

There was ABSOLUTELY no need for that. If you didn't like his guide, or you disagreed on some points, state it with a few counterpoints. If you thought it could've been better, give some constructive criticism. Flaming doesn't help anyone here.

Only thing I find wrong with your Guide is that you're not taking any Weapon Trees, except Pacheon up to 29, I think. But yeah, that's kinda the entire purpose. To level fast. So good deal. :) I'd change the format, though, to make it a little easier to read, although your paragraphs and grammar are great. Make a few things that are important in bold, make some font bigger... yeah.
7.5/10 for new players. 5.5/10 for me, just because it's common sense. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:56 pm 

nice this actually looks like it could work very well ... it will be a pure grinding char though.

<<This forum went all down the drain. It's such a waste. I'm no longer proud to be a member here so bye>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:50 pm 

Have anyone tried this already and if so can you tell me how much does it cost to delevel pacheon when no more needed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:22 am 

okay now... for a pure str.. what would there be the fastest way to get high lvl. Any idea's?

I was thinking bow all the way with lightning would be the fastest lvl'ing. Prob would need 2 (maybe 3) gap with the 2 tree's you have to lvl.

ow i know it's impossible.. well nearly or very expensive to go with anything else but the weapon you chose to lvl with. So mainly it's what is faster: fire or light for lvl'ing fast.

hmm the more I type the more i think this won't work very well for str.. but hell.. i'll post it anyway.. maybe something usefull comes out of it :)

<<This forum went all down the drain. It's such a waste. I'm no longer proud to be a member here so bye>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:57 am 

So does bow to 29 mean maxing strongbow, antidevil, multi to its fullest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:16 am 
Frequent Member

Hold on arent we missing something here,
Pure INT - Less HP
Lighting - More AOE / Transfer Radius is high

Doesnt this mean u get to die a lot ... on the contrary Pure INTS are bound to be dead more than any other builds :P

So will ur theory b really effective :?

Quick Easy Fix Turn off your computer, beat it with a hammer. If it turns back on when prompted, turn it back off and do again until it doesn't come on again. Once that is taken care of, go get a book and learn about computers.

NVDIA Drivers
BSOD
Download anything for FREE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:58 am 

truez wrote:
Hold on arent we missing something here,
Pure INT - Less HP
Lighting - More AOE / Transfer Radius is high

Doesnt this mean u get to die a lot ... on the contrary Pure INTS are bound to be dead more than any other builds :P

So will ur theory b really effective :?

against white/green mobs you'll do fine. Cause i didn't die easy at all as a pure int. You just have to pick the right mobs and asuming this is a build for pure grinders you can even take bigger potz or set them real high, since you'll be having enough money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:06 pm 
Banned User

Wow... Some more people replied. Im surprised lol. I will re-format this guide, maybe it will help. Might add a str area too.

EDITS COMING :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:18 pm 

Still not clear. Is anti-devil maxed to it's potential or just level 1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:58 pm 
Banned User

Maxed to potential at lvl 29.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:54 am 

After 24 hours, my answer has been answered! HUZZAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:14 am 
i like this guide so far. i will wait on some updates and people who have
tested this. if its good, it will join the sticky :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:48 am 

Have you any idea of how much this will cost or when it's possible to delevel the bow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:44 am 
Banned User

Im not sure, but by the time you need to delevel (at level 80) a day of grinding will have earnt you at least a million.

Deleveling skills below level 30 does not cost much, and is well worth it in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:34 pm 

CobbZ wrote:
Im not sure, but by the time you need to delevel (at level 80) a day of grinding will have earnt you at least a million.

Deleveling skills below level 30 does not cost much, and is well worth it in the end.

yeah +1 I don't understand why some ppl are bussy with de-lvl'ing a certain tree before they need the mastery-room.
I still have my pacheon mastery at lvl 7 from farming and some force at lvl 23 to help some lower lvl guildmembers. They both have to come down but i've still have like 40 mastery-lvl's left so np yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 pm 

For those who will try this guide, you should be aware that if you want to have suggested build at level 30 using 1 level gap you will be around 500 sp short.
There should be no problem after level 30 since you'll be leveling only lightning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:23 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

your guide is great, i use it for my lvl 26 odin account

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:39 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

It seems like most ppl go HYBRID at high levels regarding STR and INT.
-A pure STR wont have enough MANA to use at lv80.
-A pure INT need to be fully farmed at lv80 with skills at lv70 and after update skills at lv80.

Also as we now know about the skills up to lv80 -Lightning maybe need to be considered kept at low level -lv60, Or even lower?

This guide has to many "holes" in it -to be of much use for me.
Its well done and have good arguements ... and it is interesting to read regarding how NOT to do -compared with above statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:17 am 

M4verick wrote:
It seems like most ppl go HYBRID at high levels regarding STR and INT.
-A pure STR wont have enough MANA to use at lv80.
-A pure INT need to be fully farmed at lv80 with skills at lv70 and after update skills at lv80.

Also as we now know about the skills up to lv80 -Lightning maybe need to be considered kept at low level -lv60, Or even lower?

huh most!? go hybrid?? there is one i never heard before.
and as for pure int and light.. i really can't imagine not maxing lightning with the piercing series still being in there and concentration series. And then i'm not even looking at the speed and the nukes.
Or am i missing something here??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:32 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Sry CobbZ -but you are mistaken
Do NOT follow his guide. You will lose in PVP and jobs if you follow his example. There is 1 good thing to say about it and it is that it requires a small amount of SP.

About GrassWalk -you can buy from NPC 100% for 256k (having 20m its not a problem).

Lightning skill is good up to lv54. (Pierce-Force 15% of 17% at lv78 & GrassWalk at 55%, Phantom 17m of 22m at lv78, Concentration 26 of 31 at lv78 +passive 25 of 31 at lv80).
When Cold have Frost Guard +81 at lv 80 and Snow shield 50 + passive +59 for PHY protection.
When Fire have highest imbue dmg, Fire shield, Fire protection, Flame body 9% + passive 9%.

Now tell me -why does anyone have to go beyond lv54 with Lightning when there is so much more having Cold and Fire at max level?

Lightning is GOOD -but still Cold and Fire is better.
At lv54 -lv58 -I recommend everyone stop upgrading it.

Many INT upgrade only STR from lv70 to lv80, by keeping their Mag balance around 100%.
Pure STR wont have enough MANA to use skills at lv80 -recommend them too put INT from lv70 to lv80. STR can use like STAMINA stones -extra MP, but max 1200 MP.

For both STR and INT -I recommend the following build:
Cold lv80, Fire lv80 Lightning lv58 and 1 weapon skill at lv80.
(For STR you upgrade Weapon lv80, Fire lv80 and Lightning to lv58 -Then when you have time you upgrade Cold to lv80.)
(For INT you upgrade Fire lv80, Cold lv80 and Lightnng to lv58 -Then when you have time you upgrade Weapon to lv80.)
Total of 298 Masteries and total ownage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:28 am 

@ M4verick

okay that doesn't sound half bad at all.
But maybe you can tell something more about why you let a few % extra mag attack and parry ratio go. I mean in light you say the % increase from 56-78 is low. But is this like really diffrent for fire and cold??

i must say that i'm still really against going hybrid still so i doubt that you can convince me on that one ^^ maybe i'lll look into the advantages of going with str points from 70-80 and the effect on your build and what it's effect will be when they raize the cap again.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] How to be the fastest leveller. [Finished]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:27 am 
Frequent Member

CobbZ wrote:
Q: How many curst hearts will it take to delevel pacheon?
A: 40. As long as you follow this guide perfectly. Look here at what pacheon should include;
http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Bu ... file=32825

I would rather say 400 hearts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:42 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Cobbz has Cold lv80 on all his examples, so I wanna point out FIRE skill:
Fire at lv60 has: Imbue 250~416 (100%) 138, Fire Shield -70, Flame Body 7%, Fire protection +39 and Passive 7%.
Fire at lv80 has: Imbue 484~806 (100%) 178, Fire Shield -78, Flame Body 9%, Fire Protection +126 and passive 9%.

Cold at lv60 has: Frost guard +42, Snow shield 40 and Passive +42.
Cold at lv80 has: Frost Guard +81,Snow shield 50 and Passive +59.

As a nuker PVP against another nuker -you need to do as much DMG you can and Fire Protection. All nukers use weapons skills =2 * 9% does a lot.
-Case Closed.

flexo wrote:
But maybe you can tell something more about why you let a few % extra mag attack and parry ratio go. I mean in light you say the % increase from 56-78 is low. But is this like really diffrent for fire and cold??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:36 pm 

@M4verick

hm yeah.. although this goes against what i first thought. I've looked into the numbers and you are right.

Light onlyhas pierce-force with a 2% increase. Against fire with the imbue that about doubles, the flamebody of 2% increase and the fire prot that increases like more then 200%.

well cold i was gonna max anyway because of the mana shield but the numbers are pretty great there too.

The general story is that light gives more mag attack so you can't do without it as a pure int. But really it looks like (right now) you don't need it maxed.

I'm gonna leave it at 60 though.. get one more passive.. since i already have it at 61 i'm gonna drop it 1 lvl.

and make my build.
80 bicheon/80fire/60light/80cold

***EDIT***

one thing i wonder though.. won't the light nuke be weak?? or is it not that bad with the fire imbue maxed? And the cold nuke is kind of slow, just like the third fire nuke wich you rarely use in the middle of pvp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:21 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

You're correct that Lightning nuke will become weaker as you dont max it out. But its still good for hitting multiple targets doing trade/ hunter/ theif, kept at lv60.
Lightning is fast at lvling up, to lv60 (if you stop it there).

But you wanna become a good PVP'er too.
I'd choose Fire nuke for primary attack skill, after lv60.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:35 pm 

M4verick wrote:
You're correct that Lightning nuke will become weaker as you dont max it out. But its still good for hitting multiple targets doing trade/ hunter/ theif, kept at lv60.
Lightning is fast at lvling up, to lv60 (if you stop it there).

But you wanna become a good PVP'er too.
I'd choose Fire nuke for primary attack skill, after lv60.

yeah k.. so basicly fire nuke and kd+stab will be your main attacks during pvp. Since light will be weak and the current cold nuke will be slow.

Btw what lvl are you?? have you tested this??