Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Cleric overview
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:12 am 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location:
Aege
A Simple Cleric Guide

This is written just form my experience, if you disagree with something fell free to comment, and add your own views. I am only really writing this as I haven’t seen many cleric guides about, so thought a rough one would be better than none at all.


Ok So you have decided to play a cleric, great you have chosen the most sought after class in the game when it comes to party play. Now the first thing you must decide upon is what armour you use. Here you have 2 choices, Light armour or Robe.

Light Armour

Light armour offers more (physical) defence, and as such it is likely you last longer in it. It also unlocks some additional self buffage of your defences in your spells (the charity line). Light armour is a good choice for those who are either new to the party work, healing etc. and don’t have a good understanding of how aggro works (tho I do sometimes myself get confused by Joymax). Or if you plan to do a lot of solo play, where you will be taking hits yourself.

The down side to light armour is that you will loose some mana – or rather you gain mana through wearing robes.

Robes

Robes lack the defence that you get from physical armour, however apart from looking better (at least in my opinion) they also unlock some spells effects that reduce the mana cost of your abilities (Faith). The additional mana saved may not be much, but that extra heal you can get off may save you and your party. If you feel confident in your own abilities, and or you know you will be working with a good tank (a warrior who understand taunt) then Robe is the choice for you.

So you have chosen what armour to use now to decide your build. Personally I feel clerics should be full int, but I will go over all options here.

Full Int Build

This option will provide you with the maximum mana, as well as stronger attacks. Early on in the game you will very rarely find yourself low on mana and as such wonder if you should have gone for a hybrid build. However later in the game the demand on your mana increases and you will be thankful for the extra mana you have in this build.

The down side to this is you will have low HP. This shouldn’t too much of a problem, in party play you should never take a hit (if you do, slap your tank). And although your HP is low it should still be ok for most solo play (more on that later). However if you are worried, or just want the extra HP then as long as your magic balance stays above 90% you can invest in some Str points as you lvl, whilst your mana should still be sufficient. Also remember to add Str and Stamina tablets to your gear, that can really help boost your life.

Image

Hybrid

Ok So your insisting on having more HP, fine, I still wouldn’t go for more than 1 Str point for ever 3 Int points, this will give you more HP, whilst your mana pool will still be large enough to cope with 80% of situations. If you plan to mainly solo play (then why are you being a cleric??) then this build might be for you.

Full str

Just Don’t! – you will suck.

whilst we are talking about builds i will quickly mention alchemy. Being a cleric you need both mana, and to stay alive to use this. Use Stamina and Magic tabs (and if you can Str and Int ones too), if you can afford it then from D5 onwards try and put Str, Stamina, Int and Magic tabs on all your gear, fully pimped this can easily give you nearly 1000hp/mp more at these levels (for a full int build thats more than 50% more HP). However pimping all your gear like this will cost money, so as a general rule i just try to add Str and Int to weapons shields, and Stamina/magic tabs to maybe 3 peices of armor (Head, Chest and legs sell best - so more likely to make your money back if you use them on these items).

Now down to the nitty gritty, Spells!

Spells!!

Ok Lets go over the easy ones first. You Must have you must have Heavenly Rage, Faith and Charity, HR is needed for when you have to deal damage, and you will sometimes. The other two are passives needed to use other spells.

Buffs – Get them all there are only 4, and they make a lot of difference. but be aware both mental blessing and force blessing require you to have a cleric rod in your hand at all times, and can not be cast on yourself. Also although they stay on other people when you change weapons Soul and body blessing do not last on yourself when you change weapons (dont get a cleric subclass if you just want buffs).

Image

Ok that’s the easy ones done, now here are my must have spells, you may disagree with some of them

Early on in the game you will want to get Healing, Group Healing and Healing division below lvl 30 these will make up the backbone of your spells.

Along with these grab resurrection and Bless Spell, Bless spell is an amazing ability which you will grow to love… and want its babies. It’s a 45 second buff that increases your party defences by a LOT – you wont die when its up.

At Level 30 you get Healing cycle this is the first HoT (heal over time spell) you get, and it rocks. In a good group you can just keep that spell on the tank and that’s all the healing you will have to do.

Image

As you approach mid game you need to start thinking about the Recovery series, these 3 spells are amazing, but have flaws. Recovery and Group recovery are stronger versions of Healing and group healing. I personally stopped levelling up the Healing spells when I got Recovery’s (keep Healing division). However they use more mana, and have longer cool downs, so be careful.

Image

Recovery Division (RD) is a spell you get at lvl 40. And it Rocks. It’s a 5 min HoT that heals the person with the Lowest HP% every 5 seconds if you have a good party, with a good tank you can just cast this spell then go afk, coming back every 5 mins to recast it (I wouldn’t recommend it, but you can do it.) – With a good party, and a s/s warrior u can even fight party giants just using RD to heal.

The Problem with RD is it requires either a small party or a well organised one to be effective. If you have an 8 man party with 5 people trying to tank stuff then RD wont work that well, as too many people will be taking damage to often. Also if this is the case I would leave the party, you don’t need the extra pressure of having noobs not working togther.

Now attack Spells, you only really got 3, Trial Cross, Over healing, and Offering. Cross is your basic attack spell it will (with a full Int build) do about 50% dmg to a normal mob of your level. Overhealing is a fixed damage spell, its good aginst mobs with very high magic defense, or in combo with cross for rapid fire, but it generally is weaker than cross.

Offering – this spell is a biggest Nuke in the game however remember it takes 95% of your HP to cast, so DON'T ever use it when you have aggro, and always have a Pot ready to use right after. You get the spell at lvl 40, at that lvl with lvl42 weapons it deals around 8k dmg to a creature of your level, I feel although that is good damage it perhaps should be more, the only reason being it is only 2x as big as a wizards standard nuke (fireball) and at a cost of 95% hp I would expect at least 3 times. Also this spell is AOE so don’t aggro extra stuff by accident ;)

Now I feel thats all the Spell you need, tho you may want more. The status spells (holy ward and innocent) are nice, but by the time you notice they got a status problem its usually been auto cured. That being said i do have them, and they dont take a lot fo SP to maintain, and when fighting mobs that you knwo will cause status problems, they are nice - but not vital.

The bind spell is nice for PvP, but by the time you cast it you will probably be dead already. It sucks for PvE.

Group reverse and reverse oblation I feel are a waste of SP, resurrection may take longer but does the job just fine.

To get all you spells you want you may need a 2 gap, if you have a subclass you will want even more (more on that later).

On all the spells (offenisve and healing) you will notice there is a reflect value, a number in brackets.

Image

I am not 100%certain on this but i believe that this means the spell will deal the dmg (or heal) the smoutn stated plus the percentage of you magic attack power shown in brackets, so, as with the image, Recovery lvl 3 heals for 1379 (300%), so if you had a magic attack power of 100 it would heal for 1379 +300, so a total of 1679, tho i havnt fully tested this theory, and if anyone knows for sure then please confirm this for me.

Ok. So you have your spells, now how to kill stuff…

Solo Play is easy for a cleric, nuke, Heal Nuke heal etc.

Basically you spam Cross and over healing at your target until its dead, healing when you need to. Before recovery, the only instant heal spell u have is healing division, and this is best to use when soloing as you don’t have to target yourself either. Also remember to buff yourself.

Clerics are actually very good solo players, however they are slow, you wont die (if you keep to normal mobs) but a wizard or rogue will be able to earn exp fast than you.

Now as Hakubini has mentioned it is better to perhaps use auto attack that overhealing. I personally dont due to my auto attack always taking about 20 seconds to stop when i try and cast another spell (its killed me a few times...:banghead: ). However he is right in that your auto attack probably does provide greater dps, even if indervidual hits are lower, however overhealing is still a must have for high magic defence targets, even if you dont use it for grinding.

For solo play make sure you have enough mana potions, in a good grind session you will use very few HP pots (tho ofc take some with you) however will eat MP pots like theres no tomorrow, i expect to use a mp pot almost every cooldown. - maybe 120 an hr... depending on what and how im hunting. also make sure you have a stack of vigor pots for emergancys.

Party Play

This is where we shine. The most important thing for you is to have a good tank to work with, find someone who you can trust and who will always taunt mobs off you as soon as they may aggro on you. If you have a good tank, and you yourself are good then even if the rest of the group are idiots you should still do OK.

Now when in a party understand that you are the most important one there (this sounds big headed, and it is, but you need to take control). Tell everyone that if anyone other than those designated tanks or pullers aggro they wont get healed, also let them know that if they run off you wont follow them. In a party your job is to keep the Tank alive, if the tank is doing a good job no one else should take more than 1 hit of damage. This isn’t always the case and always be ready to heal when something goes wrong, but don’t put up with idiots, a Party isn’t just a place where 7 people can solo party mobs because the 8th is healing them. That I can’t stress enough, if people start to run off and solo play expecting you to heal them, just let them die. Its bad enough when fighting a PT giant and a pt champ spawned on your wizards as it is, you don’t need a rogue somewhere off screen swearing at you cause when they tried to solo a pt mob on their own with xbow extreme up that they didn’t get healed.

Positioning

This can be crucial to staying alive. Knowing where to stand can make both your life easier, and that of the warriors. The perfect spot to stand (see picture below) is between warriors and the DPS Classes. you do not want to crowd the fighting scene, as it can make targeting hard, and if the target uses an AOE attack then you must be outside of its range. However the closer you are to a tank the faster a warrior can get to you if you accidentally aggro somthing. however make sure all the members of the party fighting are within healing range, out of range problems will often cause deaths, dont let it happen.

Finally by being placed in the middle of the group you should not be th one who accidentally aggro nearby mobs patrolling the area, as you should have party members all around you who can do that first ;).

Image

The image shows how i (Varzze) am nicely plaed between the Tank (Malbec) and the two dealing damage (the other two party members were AFK at the time).

Finally Know your own limits, yes the best exp might be gained from fighting mobs 11 levels higher than you, but if you find that hard to heal don’t do it, know what you can do, and work within that. If you do you will keep everyone alive, become known as a good healer and always have ppl asking you for partys… which gets very annoying ;)

Who do you heal when?

This is a tough area, and one which often makes the difference between a good healer and a great healer. Your main job is keeping everyone alive, most of the time your main target for healing should always be the warrior...if others start to take damage, chuck out a group heal and hope the warrior takes aggro off them. However what to do when it all goes wrong...

First notice how fast people are taking damage - a wizard may still have 80%hp, when a warrior has only 30% but 99% of the time the wizard will be killed in the next hit when the warrior may be good for another 10. so look to the int builds with low hp and make them safe - if you have grouphealing, healing divsion and group recovery you can just spam these untill things settle down.

One thing to remember is that if your the only cleric there, your the only one with Res, so make sure you yourself stay alive, after you try and keep the tank alive - you would be amazed what just a cleric and warrior can do.

Tied into this is who do you buff, if your alone, and got 8 ppl everyone cant have all the buffs. If your with a good grp, who you trust and know then Give Str to Str users, and Int to Int users to maximise damage. however if your unsure or got ppl dying a lot then buff those who are most vaulrable - for me this often means Main tank (give him all the help you can) and then wizards followed by bards - a pure Int wizard with life control has very little HP, so your buffs really help. Sorry rogues and warlocks but your too good at surviving on your own.

Ok Final section; Sub - Classes

Ill split this into two bits, first for those who want cleric as their main, the second for those who are intrested or have cleric as a back up class.

If your a cleric, with an Int heavy build do not choose Warriors or rogues as a subclass - they offer very little. this leaves you with Bard, Warlock or wizard. which to choose depends on what you want, If you want a true subclass (aka a class that is used for just a few aspects) then go for Bard, After Cleric bards offer the best buffs and abilites to help you along your way. However if you want to duel mastery (play two masterys at the same lvl) then choose one of the others - i have a wizard who's mastery is the same as my clerics. The duel mastery is basiclly chosen for solo Play, wizards especially are good grinders - able to 1hit most things their lvl with life control, and if you keep RD up you will have a nice bit of healing too. With this build i basically play cleric when in groups and wizard when alone - although when with a good grp i often just leave RD up and then use wizard to boost the groups dmg - but remember you are still the groups healer and so you need ot be good at changing weapons and casting those last minute heals.

Taking a subclass ofc requires more SP, if you just want a subclass for a few talents (aka bard) you may get away with a 2-3lvl gp (depending on SP tickets etc.) However i need a 4lvl gap to have duel mastery, which makes leveling slower, tho i feel more fun.

For Those thinking of a cleric as a subclass you need ot decide if your going to heal - if you are then great, read the guide, have a 4 lvl gap and be duel. however if you just want a few spells get the following; Ressurection, Bless Spell, Healing cycle, Recovery Division. With these (especially warriors it seems) you can greatly add to your own abilites, having a warrior with 8k hp, high defences and being healed every 5 seconds by RD is very very hard to kill for a lvl 42. again a 3gap should be enough to get all these talents.

Ok, that’s a rough guide for now, will continue to update as questions are asked etc. , if there any questions ask away.


Last edited by Phortex on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:17 am, edited 6 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:33 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1464
Location:
Aege
Wow, I learned a few things, that I didn't even know and I have a lvl 34 cleric. :D After playing china for so long, I am finally getting used to the whole party idea.

I love the part about letting those trying to solo and just save hp pots by letting me heal them. If your party moves from like the non-agro mobs to agro mobs and my tankers dont do there jobs I let them die and wait for party chat to cool down then res, the party's mindset after that changes so much its noticable.

Ok so a few questions:

1. Do you use a sub tree, if yes what is it and why?

2. I am still used to the solo party idea of china, how many of each pot hp/mp do you bring on lets say a three hour grind session? I find I use like 20 hp and like 200mp is this right?

3. Since euro is new, are you doing alchemy to gain more hp?

4. Also can you explain why some healing skills have the 300% reflect and some have 150%. I noticed it seems to be like if you turn on a bug light and the mobs get attracted to it. The higher the % the more the "light" seems to glow brighter. Did you notice this as well?

5. If you are the only healer, you have an 8 person party. With a grab-bag of builds whom gets the proity on the buffs mainly int/str? I try to put int on my tanks and my str on my casters, do you do this as well?


~Sorry for my windedness, I just really trying to figure this build out and its playing style. Thanks for your time.

_________________
My pride and joy CrazySuby is no longer mine. She is and always will belong to Dutchy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:09 pm 
simple and great guide.

idk if they would be useful, but screenshots normally help making the guide
more understandable. good work! added to sticky.

now try to keep it updated by answering questions and maybe adding some
extra information where needed ;)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:13 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location:
Aege
Updated guide; incorperated answers but will leave this post so they are easy to find for you.

As for the questions;

1.
I do use a Sub tree, wizard. This i use for solo play and when hunting things my level (or close to it) with a small party.

Being Full int and Robe wearer i am just an effective wizard as i am Cleric, and i have (with a 4 gap) kept that mastery the same as my Clerics (i dont use any lighting talents as i see these as maninly defenses spells and its easy enouogh to switch to cleric rod and use clerics defnese spells which are better Bless spell, instant heal and use of shield )

When soloing i just keep recovery division up and i can handle normal mobs easily as a wizard getting healed all the time from my spell.

I have a friend, an S/S warrior who i often party with and when working with him i again use wizard mode as his damage is low and and my RD is good enough to heal us both without the need for any more healing, thats including fighting PT giants.

2.
In a 3 hr grind i am likly to use maybe 10-20 HP pots, that seems to be the case in both solo play and partys - in solo play as a wizard i can 1shot mobs up to 2lvls higher than myself, so take very little damage, plus the RD usually is enough to handle any hits i do take.

However i can in a 3hr grind go through 200-300 mp pots, i usally take about 250 with me, but use those i pick up too. I also always have some vigor pots at hand, a stack of 50 kept on your tool bar can often save your life

In a party, especially if their is a bard i can go for 5hrs without using more than 50 mp pots if im just being a cleric, with a good group you wont need to do much more than keep buffs and RD up, below lvl 40 its harder to be quite this lazy ;)

3.
I am doing Alchemy, however it is only really from D6 that i have really started to look into pimping my gear, putting Str and stamina tabs on as many things as i can, below this level i think the money it can cost is too much, and not worth it. However if you have the materials or the money then i would do it. especially stamina tabs on your gear, if your pure int build (or a hybrid with focus on int) your mana pool will be high enough to cope, however extra HP is always a good thing.

4.
I am not certain about this, need to do more testing, but i believe that the reflect means that the heal does the fixed value shown plus the % of your magic attack. So if you heal heals for 700HP and 105%, with a magic attack of 100 (easy number ;) )then in total the heal will heal the target for 805hp (does that make sense?). Anyway so the bigger the reflect means the bigger the heal is likley to be, and like dealing damage, the more you heal the more aggro you generate.

5.
This depends on the party, if i am working with people i know and trust (aka my guild) then i choose to put Str on Str users and Int on Int users, as this will maximise their damage, and with a good party only the tank will be taking heavy damage so you dont need ot worry about others HP so much.

However when i feel the party isnt great i will try and put Str on Int users, just to give them more HP, somtimes give them both buffs as the benfit they get from more Int is often better than the one the Str users will have from more mana - warriors and Rogues use very little mana for their moves anyway.

But if someone asks me for a specific buff i will give it to them, that way they will be happy even if they are not as strong as they could be if they had the buff i choose for them.

One last thing about solo Play, i said i use my wizard for solo play, this is true only for things i can one hit, if i cant one hit the creature i find my cleric better, as the fast heals are useful, and if im using multiple hits to kill somthign id rather use cleric.


Last edited by Phortex on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:32 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 843
Location:
Greece
I disagree with using Over Healing to grind. I find it so slow and useless, I' tather use Cross then normal attack. Yeah, it takes more work than spamming 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 when killing, but there are three ways to start a normal attack after cross... If there is any you get confortable with, it's better than Over Healing for grinding.

_________________
Epic Inferno - A Silkroad Movie
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:54 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 843
Location:
Greece
Thanks for taking into account the auto-attack idea... My attack skill bar is Cross/AutoAttack/OverHealing/Bind. Still level 35, so I don't have much experience fighting magic-based mobs yet (guess I could try taoists).

I once was in a party where we had another cleric. He just kept spamming Group Heal. Bad, bad idea... He kept dying and giving me more work. -_-' So here goes some more opinions on how to be a good cleric... Don't spam Group Healing needlessly.

_________________
Epic Inferno - A Silkroad Movie
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:14 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location:
Aege
hehe yea overhealing (not the spell, but the action of healing more than you need to) is very dangerous, you will generate lots of aggro (especially with group heals) and use mana needlessly. Part of being a good cleric is understanding when to just stand there looking pretty.... and maybe joining in with auto attack.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:08 am 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 357
Location:
Alps
I'll post here how to skill point farming for cleric...For low levels


When starting, DON'T give any points to mastery because your skill point will drop if you do :!:

I tried one and here is the result :
Exp : 278 Sp : 126
added one level to mastery
Exp : 248 Sp: 112
Image
At last I could get my picture yay :D :P

At level 4, give all your sp to mastery and the skills that have opened and you'll still have sp left.

Then sp farm until lvl 10!(give no point to mastery)
That's because a couple of skills open at that level
This could be hard because you won't be able to wear armors but there will be a nice sp(had 145 sp when I became lvl 10)

You'll be able to open all the skills and improve then keep mastery at lvl 10 until lvl 14 and spend all of your sp at the skills

DONT FORGET THAT MASTERY REDUCES SP , NOT IMPROVING SKILLS :!:


So don't worry about spending your sp at improving your skills
IT WON'T EFFECT!

All that is left to finish this guide is to simply reach lvl 30 or near some level like that :)
It's a long way thro :x :(

Oh and I forgot I'm lvl 16 now and I'll post a pic from changing mastery to 14 to 16 and the sp change
Still don't made that change...

Still

:banghead: :P

_________________
Funniest thread that can ever be
http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=25033


Last edited by Aviator on Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:59 am 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location:
Aege
Thanks for the Post Aviator, When you complete it i may add it to the mian guide (with credits to you ofc.) or link to your post, i have never been big on SP Farming but i know a lot fo ppl like to do it, and i have to admit im sure having a 4 gap all the way to 80 is going to make life very slow for me :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:08 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1464
Location:
Aege
The thing about sp farming in europe is similar to sp farming in china but with a few twists. Gaping in euro can done but is a bit harder do to the fact that the equipment is mastery based not level based. so keep that in mind when "gapping".

Now I used this: http://nivlam.com/euro/

And since I am low lvl I dont know what skills are good which are bad, I did the WHOLE tree.

Full Cleric Skill Tree
Required SP: 260,515
Mastery level: 80

That is how many skill points needed to 100% max this tree. Of course if you leave off some skills the number will go down.

If you add a sub-tree like warlock, which I want to do I will need:

Full Warlock Skill Tree
Required SP: 294,903
Mastery level: 80

That is a total sp of 555,428. How am I supposed to get this much sp with a 2~3 gap? Everyone says euro doesnt need to farm, I beg to differ.

Using this http://www.nivlam.com/sp/
A 2 gap(1 to 80) yeilds only 203,575. That doesnt even cover my cleric tree. A 6 gap is very close to yelding enough skill points, but that would mean no quests, since most quests give out exp not skill exp.

My thoughts? I have no idea how people keep saying euro doesn't need to farm, but they all mention sub-classes. I would need a 4 gap the whole way to keep one tree and a 6 gap to get a sub-class. If I knew this before I took false information as fact, I would have farmed at the ongs with glavie's bower. >< Live and learn I guess.

_________________
My pride and joy CrazySuby is no longer mine. She is and always will belong to Dutchy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:54 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location:
Aege
Europe doesnt need ot SP farm for a simple reason no one uses all the talents, Clerics probably use more of theirs than most other classes, and there being a full cleric i still take maye only 70% of them , i take about 40% wizard as my Sub... i know a lot of people who are single classed and only perhaps have 30-40% of their talents. No one maxes everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:37 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 843
Location:
Greece
Farming is boring and most people want to avoid it.

I'm currently on 2-gap because I raised Bard Mastery up to 20. I want to have all my cleric skills maxed when I reach level 40.

_________________
Epic Inferno - A Silkroad Movie
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: wow u typed alot lol
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:06 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 67
:? :shock: i want to heal im a healing freak lol but i love buffs to :/ im a cleric and yea if i wear light armor would i be able to heal? :/ maybe i should read this over more lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:00 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location:
Aege
Yes you can heal whichever armor you choose, by wearing robe you gain slightlymore mana and your heals a little more powerful, but 99% of the time you wont notice the difference


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: lol thanks now i know a little more more each time i do.....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:32 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 67
thanks now i know more and more littleby little everytime i do research and thanks for the tips helps alot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:03 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 167
Location:
Sparta
thanks helpped alot, also just one thing to say again,


Clerics are not fighters

i hate it when a cleric is fighting and not healing so if you are the healer of a group plz dont fight

_________________
Image
thanks to DeCepTiCons for the sig

Playing Guild Wars BRB
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: awsome
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:11 am 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 67
awsome ur guide rocks ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:40 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8
Great guide wish i had this when i was a low lvl

Too Phortex
yes the reflect is how much u r weapon attack damage
though i am not exactly sure if it is the mid range or just randomly choosen in the range
example
damage: 100-300
would they pick 200 or just anything in that range similar to when u fight

Too add on to the guide if u r going for a subclass especially bard do not i repeat do not lvl up bard when u r in the 20s it is a waste of sp my lvl 32 cleric never farmed till i was lvl 30 since then i had to farm like crazy since i increased my bard mastery
Subclass--Bard
IMO is not worth it to a certain extent if u like to solo a lot there is 1 skill u will use premptive attack(dont really know the name for a fact will heck) really helpful as in aggro regular aggro monsters wont attack where has gaints and champs will
right now i have my bard mastery to lvl 20 and there is ONLY 2 skills i use moving march and the premptive attack though i need to increase the latter
suggestion unless u increased bard mastery dont bother to increase it when u r at a low lvl later on maybe i still havent checked


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:09 am 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 357
Location:
Alps
Phortex wrote:
Thanks for the Post Aviator, When you complete it i may add it to the mian guide (with credits to you ofc.) or link to your post, i have never been big on SP Farming but i know a lot fo ppl like to do it, and i have to admit im sure having a 4 gap all the way to 80 is going to make life very slow for me :D
If you try like me, you won't need to die to lose your ex points, because you just won't need to die at all :)
and yea im gonna add this to the main guide when its complete and i need to do these thngs to complete it
*I gotta level until 20-30 or something
*I dunno when to choose bard for subclass and give up sp farming
*I need pics (lol still didn't get it)
*I'm not sure to give points to mastery after lvl 14

can someone say the second one :?
ty :D :D :)

_________________
Funniest thread that can ever be
http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=25033


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:05 pm 
New Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 26
Location:
Babel
Is there any good spots for clerics to find active parties?

ie I know the village above the Forest of Sorrow, Desperado Hill, Jupiter Temple and around Droa Dock are good places to find parties, but where else when say above lvl25?

_________________
Yourz Trooly,

PB

http://www.twistedpancreas.com

Character Name: Larry_Labrat (lvl 36)
Pet Wolf: Flea_Bagg (lvl 35)
Guild: Bushrangers
Skills: Spear + Fire/Lightning


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:36 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location:
Aege
At Lvl 25 + try south gate of Samarkand, at chickens, or go into ongs, There are partys with Huns and Sunsungs but harder to find (use E), those mobs are 32+ however, for lower level mobs just off the north ferry at Crabs is fairly good.. Also use Guild/union and E functions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:17 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 843
Location:
Greece
My suggestion is the following: Add good party members to your friends list. If there is one member that is always fighting or helping and not leeching experience, I usually add them on my friends list. It makes it much easier to build a party from scratch. More people can be added (and acquainted) trough the Party Match, just make relefant party descriptions and people will come.

_________________
Epic Inferno - A Silkroad Movie
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:00 am 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 135
Location:
Iris
Great guide, I love it! <3

After I red your guide I made a Cleric, but I still have a question.
Because lots of people say: ''Cleric is a good sub'' and ''Cleric can't attack good'', I'm wondering.. can I go with only Cleric mastery? Or will this leave me with a bad char? Are there people who only use Cleric mastery? From what I've heard people always want Clerics in party, so do you really need a sub?

Sorry if you don't understand me =(

_________________
Yarr!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:23 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 56
Location:
Alps
With my cleric I've went to almost level 40 without a sub (Over part of summer holidays) It's amazing for parties, solo is more of a auto attack 3-4 times (Since the trial cross does just as much damage as auto attack) and move on situation, so I try to stay away from that.

Clerics have the strongest attack in the game at lvl 40 (Pure Offering) so they definetly have attack power every minute but I would strongly suggest a warlock sub!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:42 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Location:
Aege
As others have already said clerics are fine solo, in fact we are great, but we are slow (which is one reason many clerics do have a subclass). Depending on build and gear i find trial crossdoes about twice what ym auto attack does, so i use it for opening, then auto attack, i somtimes use overhealing, depending what im fighting.

Offering is good, but dont use ti when solo, its too risky.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:53 am 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 135
Location:
Iris
Thanks for your answers. I made this Cleric for real party playing and support, so I think I'll stack with Cleric tree. I can always add a sub later.

I'm not planning on soloing, maybe I have to do it sometimes to complete a quest.. but it's not the thing I want to do with my Cleric. If I wanted to solo I wouldn't have picked a Cleric. :P

Again, this is a great guide!

_________________
Yarr!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:20 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4757
Location:
Off Topic
nice guide :)

especially about explaining who to heal and how to take control of the party

I disagree with you on one point that rogues can survive easily. Im a rogue, and to others it might seem that rogues are good tankers, but even though they are full str, they suck at tanking (i don't know why, maybe because of light armor?)

so healing rogues is important to

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:47 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 843
Location:
Greece
Jstar1 wrote:
nice guide :)

especially about explaining who to heal and how to take control of the party

I disagree with you on one point that rogues can survive easily. Im a rogue, and to others it might seem that rogues are good tankers, but even though they are full str, they suck at tanking (i don't know why, maybe because of light armor?)

so healing rogues is important to

Tell me about it, I'm amazed on how easily a Rogue can get killed even without using Crossbow Extreme or Dagger Desperate, they need as much attention as wizards do.

_________________
Epic Inferno - A Silkroad Movie
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Cleric overview
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:45 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 329
Location:
Olympus
Phortex wrote:
A Simple Cleric Guide

meaby looks simple and u made it pretty clear but it sure as hell wasnt simple to make :P good job man
Phortex wrote:
I am not 100%certain on this but i believe that this means the spell will deal the dmg (or heal) the smoutn stated plus the percentage of you magic attack power shown in brackets, so, as with the image, Recovery lvl 3 heals for 1379 (300%), so if you had a magic attack power of 100 it would heal for 1379 +300, so a total of 1679, tho i havnt fully tested this theory, and if anyone knows for sure then please confirm this for me.
donno about that heal boost didnt realy look up to it but i know for pretty sure next thing that weapon magic atack power reflect workes like taunt that warrior uses but cleric cant avoid tauning all clerics have noticed that when for example wiz is runing from big mob and u spam heal like group healing monster just turnes on u or when u start spaming heals becouse of some big spam (party giant along whit few other party mobs) all taht arent busy pwning whit warrior go directly to u well this little reflect thingy does it.....i was very very good "suport" cleric at olympus (i needed a break)amoung other things and becouse of
Phortex wrote:
If you do you will keep everyone alive, become known as a good healer and always have ppl asking you for partys… which gets very annoying
that is SO true! :banghead: u log on and u get like 10 msg "hey u have party"
and im like "eh no but ill make on right now" at the end i was usualy makeing 2 partyes :roll: one mine and other in which i gather ppl that i just couldnt poot in my own party :x
anyhow back to my tip try useing lvl1 rod when u just heal (those partyes that go on monsters that are 11lvl's higher then u) and u will notice that u dont agro monsters as much as u would do it whit your own rod
hope this will help u :D . Once again great job i was just planing to make guide like this but im glad that i dont have to and i think i wouldnt do such good job

_________________
All writting mistakes are due to my bad spelling alilityes
lvl47 cleric at olympus
Image
dom wrote:
At 12 I was scared to touch myself because Jesus was watching.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:25 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
Offline

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 7
Location:
Rome
Im a cleric lvl 24, i did the mistake not to put all Char points on MP at first, but when I realised what I was doing i started fixing the error, so I atm i have like 1400 MP and 1100 HP points.

But my damage is too low, I dont know what I could enhance at this point of the game, it took me really much to get to this level since i dont get exp for killing but just from shared parties...
All I do is ressing dead ppl :cry:

I would like to know what it should be better for me to do... Keep this or ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group