Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Was it useful?
Yes 86%  86%  [ 150 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 174
 Post subject: [Guide] Eu Warrior/Cleric
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:13 pm 

Silkroad Online European Warrior Guide.

So you’re reading this because you want to experience the way of the warrior?
In my experience the warrior is the strongest European class out there, not only because it can dish out a nice deal of damage, but also because warriors have a great amount of defense.

Now the real reason why you should choose a warrior as your only character :D

ImageImage

So lets get started.

First of all, you will be wearing Heavy Armor, some ppl choose to wear Light Armor since, heavy slows you down in moving speed and reduces your magic defence, but for lvling I prefer Heavy, to run towards your grinding place you usually use a horse and, well most monsters are physical damage dealers so I don’t see what you would loose by wearing Heavy instead of Light and Heavy just looks way cooler than Light :D

I’d advice to always carry both you two handed sword and your sword/shield it’s nice to be able to swap them to speed up the farming process. Use your 2 handed sword when killing general monsters and your sword/shield to kill the Giants/Party monsters.

I’m only a low lvl warrior myself, but I’ve heard that at higher lvls two handed warriors are well capable of taking on giants without haveing to change to sword/shield and i reckon that haveing the cleric recovery division will help a lot aswell, but I haven’t had the chance to test it yet.

Dealing With potion delay:

This tactic works perfect for me, what i've done is set the auto potion to 75%, it's high i know, but taking a potion early in the fight well give you a chanse to take a new potion pretty fast, i've been playing like this from lvl 1 and now that i've hit lvl 30 i can take on giants and party mobs of my lvl really really easy using shield/sword.

I managed to tank a giant a champion and 2 general mobs at the same time with this tactic and all of that using normal npc gear.

For mana i've put this at 50% since you wont be using that much anyways :)

the size of the potions, I started taking small potions from lvl 10 and i will oove to medium at lvl 30. i took the big potions rather fast since i kept meeting gaints and party mobs all the time in europe :p and it works wonders for me.

Something that might be smart to do aswell is always keep a couple of vigor potions on you, whenerev you see yourself getting into problem just pop one of these and you can go on with easy :D

Now About the build:

This build will require some skillpoint farming, but with a gap of 4 you are able to minimize it.

This build will be a mix of 2 warrior trees mainly the sword/shield combo and the two handed weapon tree. The reason I chose these is cause I like solo play a lot. If you use a s/s a warrior can easily take on a party mob/giant of his own lvl and with some half decent gear and some vigor potions even a few lvls higher. This is imo unique for European characters.

So for skills here you should be going for the first 2 chains which are all the passive books and a couple of attacks like the Sprint Assault and all the sword/shield and two handed books.

The needed amount of skill points for this starting from mastery 0 going all the way to fully farmed at lvl 80 is 288.920 skill points, meaning farming with a 3 lvl gap would be more than enough to get all the skill points you need to complete your warrior skills.
However if you choose to take a sub class, as I’m planning to, mainly Cleric you will need a few more. The only buff I really want from cleric is the Recovery division, this buff gives you a certain healing over time which is very useful as a warrior and will mean that you will hardly need to take potions when running around with a s/s and you will most likely never die.

To take this buff you will need a couple more points tho, 347.743. But this is still manageable with a gap of 4. You will need to do a bit of skillpoint farming in the later lvls.
Going from lvl 1 to lvl 80 with a lvl gap of 4 will get you 316.647 skillpoints. So the most you will ever need to farm is about 30k skillpoints.

Now for the actual skills.

General Warrior Skills:

Frenzy Buster and Guard Barrier tree's:

These are the skills you will need whichever you choose as a warrior. I chose to max all of these skills cause they all server their own purpose depending on whatever you are doing. Some of the are for stealth detection which is really useful when jobbing and pvping, others are to increase your magical and physical defenses.

Sword/Shield skills:

One-handed Lord and One-handed Sword tree's:

These skills should all be maxed out as well, this is going to come in handy whenever you meat giants/party monsters while soloing since you wont be able to die :D and when you do choose to party you will be able to be the main tank without doing the annoying knockdowns from a 2 handed weapon which slows down the killing process when you are in a party, because the wizards won’t be able to attack the monster when it’s knocked down.

Two-Handed Sword Skills:

Two-Handed Lord and Two-Handed Sword tree's:

These are the skills which you will be using when taking on normal monsters and when you pvp or are jobbing and should all be maxed out. These skills are most interesting when pvping and jobbing because with the stun/knockdown skills you will be able to take out enemies before they can react, these attacks with Sprinting Assault are a lethal combination.

These were all the warrior skills I chose and to max out all of these you will need 288.920 skill points, this can easily be covered with a 2-3 gap. However I chose to take Recovery division awell, a passive buff that grants a certain amount of healing each 5 seconds and is obtainable at lvl 40.

To get this skill you will need to get Faith another cleric skill to lvl 6 first
You can find this skill in the Mental Culture tree.

Recovery deivision is one of the best buffs a cleric has to offer as a subclass, this buff restores a certain amount of health every 5 seconds, so this would almost cancel out the problems you might have with the potion delay.
Recovery division can be found in the Blessed Recovery tree.

Another useful buff from the cleric tree is Bless Spell, this will increase your physical and magical defence by loads. This would be a very interesting buff when engaging in pvp, buff yourself up with it right before you charge in and the damage you'll take will be a lot lower.
This spell can be fount in the Blessed Recovery tree and is the first skill you find there.

If you decide to take the cleric skills too you will be needing 347.743 but this is easy doable with a gap of 4. Altho lvling with a gap this big is quite annoying i'd advice to keep this gap till lvl 40 so you can take the cleric buff as soon as you hit lvl 40. Afther that you can close your gap and lvl up with a 2 gap lvling only the warrior skills and start SP- farming at higher lvls.

Well that’s about it and this is how I am planning to build my warrior eventually.

Only difference with my build is at lvl 64 I’ll start saving up for a 9 gap and probably take the dual axes skills as well and maybe even take all the cleric skills since in parties with a bard a full strength cleric is really useful.

This was my first guide and I hope you enjoyed it and hope I taught you something. If you have any questions please feel free to post them here and if you have something to add I’ll be happy to add it to the post.

Greetings Binnosh.

PS: this was my first guide ever so be nice please :D

Screenshots:

Two screenies of me at lvl 50 with full 6th deree heavy armor and using a 2h sword and dual axes

ImageImage

[Edit 1]: Potion delay and how to cope and added some extra info for cleric buffs (23/09/'07)

[Edit 2]: Added some screenshots (03/10/'07)

Last edited by binnosh on Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:06 pm 
this is a good start for an euro warrior guide. just a couple of things.

- read through it again n try to get all spelling n grammar right ;)
- try to say something about the potion usage
- keep this guide updated

first 2 points are obvious.

3rd point is about answering possible questions from members reading through
the guide [b]and[b] (imo very important), listen to the high level warriors that
post their experiences in here and that way expand and eventually finish the
guide so it covers all level range.

anyway, i like the way it looks right now. maybe add an index when its done.

stickied in chars n skills main sticky under "warrior guides"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:31 pm 

cool tnx :D

i'll spend some extra time on editing the layout and stuff, it's a work in progress :D (as is my char)

lvl 6x [Warrior/Cleric]
lvl 5x [Rogue/Warlock]
lvl 4x [Str/Bow]
Red Sea
still going strong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:52 pm 

cin wrote:
the guide [b]and[b] (imo very important), listen to the

Cin, you need to learn a bit more html ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:54 pm 

It's typo :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:23 pm 
shit -.-

t was late okie? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:05 am 
Ex-Staff

i like it, i'll give you input on s/s after i get 2 60 [give me 2 months]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:51 am 
Casual Member

This tuto is very, very good!
I had a pure ster 2H Sword only... and I was thinking about sub-cleric... but only thinking...
When I read this tuto, I put some SP (I always do 2 lvl farming gap) in S/S ... and was perfect... then I put the rest of SP in cleric-sub just to heal and ressurect and other minor buff´s with time.

This improved my gameplay and now I feel secure to kill any giant/party or champion-party mob even a few lvl´s above mine.
And once I get a Wiz/Bard for party... the gameplay becomes perfect!

truth quote for:
Quote:
I’d advice to always carry both you two handed sword and your sword/shield it’s nice to be able to swap them to speed up the farming process. Use your 2 handed sword when killing general monsters and your sword/shield to kill the Giants/Party monsters.

and

Quote:
These skills should all be maxed out as well, this is going to come in handy whenever you meat giants/party monsters while soloing since you wont be able to die Very Happy and when you do choose to party you will be able to be the main tank without doing the annoying knockdowns from a 2 handed weapon which slows down the killing process when you are in a party, because the wizards won’t be able to attack the monster when it’s knocked down.
(about one-handed skills)

Life goes easy doing this!

thumbs up for this tuto... need some screenshots and maybe videos... but is a perfect start!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:33 pm 

hehe cheers m8 :)

bout the video's, i'm only low lvl noobie atm so not gonna make one now, and i'll need to get some fraps program too :D

but good idea :)

btw if u see typo's please let me know about them in pm's :D so i can fix them :D

lvl 6x [Warrior/Cleric]
lvl 5x [Rogue/Warlock]
lvl 4x [Str/Bow]
Red Sea
still going strong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

As a lev 45 dual axes, i'd like to give a little input.

I found that if u don't plan on pvping in the earlier levs, u can take bard to lev 10 and get the 20% speed buff-even at 20%, it's an amazing difference that costs hardly any sp-and when ur solo, it's helps LOT, as well as in parties that lack a bard, which most do. When u get 40(or 34), it's a small de-lev price, and big cleric buffs that you want, assuming bless spell and recovery division, aren't available until lev 34/40.

But specifally in pvp, every wizard i've pvped either died in 2/3 hits, or killed me in 2-4 hits. USUALLY they only killed me if they got the first hit-but i've yet to fight a wiz who has invisibility. This is without recovery division-and i figured that even with it, i'd only be able to tank another 1 hit, if that, since they hit nealry 2x or 3x what recovery division heals.

Recovery division seems to be espically useful when pvping str builds, since the dmg they dish out is a lot less and therfore can be recovered a lot easier. But without recovery division, the winner was the one who KD'ed first, or stunned first. KB wasn't so much of a problem, becuase sprint assult was ready to be used again by the time i was KB'ed, and i'd usualy KB him back(50% chance =DD)

Bless spell was a different story. Every wizard i pvped died when i used it-only becuase their spells did squat. I won every pure str fight where the other guy didn't have bless spell or iron skin. When they did-i didn't have recovery at the time-it reverted back to how i described it eariler-whoever got KD'ed/stunned first lost.

I've yet to fight a rouge my level, or any other int build.

Recovery division is espically useful during pve-it take roughly 5 secs to go from one mob, kill and, and target another one-and w/o a crit, they hit about the same as recovery heals-so the only dmg i'm taking is from the 10% life usage skill.

This was all done wearing light armor-more than half of it npc gear.

One thing binnosh didn't mention-from what i interpreted =p, was healing cycle, an amazing skill which acts the same as recovery division, but it heals hp roughly every 2 seconds, for 16 seconds. If you short on sp, even a low lev of this skill is useful for a while, so it can be a substitue for recovery division until u get to farming or whatnot.

I'll try to get some screenies of the dmg with the different skill and buffs on.

1. Toast the pop-tarts

2. Go ahead, toast them

3. You still reading this?

Last edited by Vitamin X on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:44 pm 

Thanks for the reply :D

when i got some more time i'll add the healing cycle part.
Id like to see some screenshots from your damage :)

atm i'm playing with a lvl 32 Two Handed sword and i'm cutting trough the monsters soo easy.

lvl 6x [Warrior/Cleric]
lvl 5x [Rogue/Warlock]
lvl 4x [Str/Bow]
Red Sea
still going strong

Post subject: fg
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:47 am 
Frequent Member

dude what about duel axe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:11 am 

yeah, what about dual Axe :(
I don`t use the sword/shield, maybe that`s why I died a lot.

but in PvP I use Axes for stuns

Post subject: s
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:02 am 
Frequent Member

no u don't know how to play i am farming at lvl 9 gap i am lvl 20 i can kill party crabs

i just need to know the description and stuff

post no one else answer to this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:39 pm 
Casual Member

just change the 2-handed tree to Dual axe tree.... s/s and cleric part of this tuto can be the same...

The warrior tree is the smallest... you can have one fo those dual-handed weapons plus s/s ... and still get a sub-cleric... farming after lvl30 skills is easy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:17 am 
Common Member

i want to point out a common mistake,
in Euro: light armor, Robes & HeavyArmor DOES NOT differ in moving speed unlike the chinese.
and that was said by sro on their official site.

Build: level 4X STR Rogue (daggers)
Server: Rome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:03 am 

Double_D wrote:
i want to point out a common mistake,
in Euro: light armor, Robes & HeavyArmor DOES NOT differ in moving speed unlike the chinese.
and that was said by sro on their official site.

I strongly disagree. It may say that on their site. They may patch it later to make it so, but last time I was online, full robes moves faster than heavy armour. Period.

Post subject: h
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:29 am 
Frequent Member

ya i am healy armor i run slower then a robe character we raced a heavy armor light armor and robe guess who won

1.robe
2.light armor
3.heavy armor a

and there were no skills used normal running

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:34 am 

and Warlock for subclass??? :shock: o Cleric... o.o :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:26 am 

Ishagmuro wrote:
and Warlock for subclass??? :shock: o Cleric... o.o :(

haven't had anyone give me any feedback on other subclasses, altho i head it's supposed to be pretty nice,

but as the topic sais it's warrior/cleric :D

lvl 6x [Warrior/Cleric]
lvl 5x [Rogue/Warlock]
lvl 4x [Str/Bow]
Red Sea
still going strong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:10 pm 

Btw , tell me how are you planing on grinding with 9 gap?
For euro that is impossible ... you cant wear armor of your level...

Armor depends on your mastery ... so with 9 gap you'll be
fightning with 9 levels lower armor and skills ....

I'm planing on farming with my warrior too ... I'm a bit lack of sp ...
but dunno where and when ... I dont need much more tho ...
=/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:54 am 

I'm gonna farm with a 9 gap, but i'll be doing that around lvl 73, start my gap at lvl 64 and by then i'll prolly have all the skillponts i need, if not i'm just gonna stick around monsters 3-4 lvls lower than me, so it should be possible to farm then.

and i'll be looking for phy monsters since our phy defence is huge anyway

lvl 6x [Warrior/Cleric]
lvl 5x [Rogue/Warlock]
lvl 4x [Str/Bow]
Red Sea
still going strong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm 
Banned User

I will try this build after im done with my chinese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:26 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Thanks for this guide :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:07 am 

nice guide

Level: 2x

IGN: SoulSpark
Server: Odin
Build: Pure Str Warrior/ Cleric
Level: 3x
Guild: Dynasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:30 am 

tanks :)

i'm w8ing till get get to lvl 60 so i can add some oof my higher lvl experiences with mana skin :)

lvl 6x [Warrior/Cleric]
lvl 5x [Rogue/Warlock]
lvl 4x [Str/Bow]
Red Sea
still going strong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:41 am 

wow very nice guide ^^ helped me lots :P

i was also wondering if the cleric skills Body Blessing/Soul Blessing can be casted on yourself

Force/Mental blessing skills on the same tree said it cant be casted on yourself but Body/Soul Blessing didnt say anything... it'd be great with the extra mdeg/pdef when i thief before i approach a caravan

Thanks ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:31 pm 

nice ! thxz :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:31 pm 
Casual Member

just a though..
i mean
i m lvl14 now and this guide helped me alot
i know chinese part of the game very well(i play since the game opened first time [good times, no item mall/bots/hacks])
but im THE noob when talking about europe..
so like i was saying.. im lvl 14 warrior and i use 2Hsword and im killing lvl 12 mobs because of quests and i kill party and giants very well, so what i want to ask you is.. for high lvls 20-30 can you kill giants and partys well with 2Hsword and npc gear?
thanks ^^
great guide btw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:00 am 
Addicted Member

which 2H skill causes the KD?