Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide] The Chinese Dual Weapon Build (INT Based)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:18 pm 
Common Member

First of all, this will be a INT based build. You can pick yourself if you wanna sacrifice some mag attack for a little more hp, but since with this build you will have snow shield at 40% i would recommend being pure.

Now we have to set the masterys to the 300 masterys limit, of course we will max both weapons; bicheon & heuskal. And then we have 140 masterys left, wich will be light 80 and then ice 60. After thats cleared lets see the skills, gear, grind, farm and of course pvping!.

Skills;

Light 80

Since youre INT based your light must be maxed, you will have 2 awesome nukers and the light imbue wich have better damage than ice, but worse than fire.

-The light imbue; MAX it, it will be your main imbue.

-Piercing force series; MAX it, that mag % increase is really helpful.

-Wind walk series; MAX it, the faster you run the faster you get to the next mob.

-Lion shout series; this one is up to each one, i personaly have it maxed to end off mobs / kill horses or low lvls while jobbing.

-Concentration series; MAX it, the higher parry, the less dmg you get.

-Thunderbolt series; MAX it, your nukers.. the most dmg dealer while grinding.

-Heaven's force; MAX it, it gives parry, so like concentration max it.

Ice 60

-Cold force (imbue); Skip it.. the light imbue is much better, but with ice you can freeze mobs though.

-Frost guard series; MAX it, it will give 47 of phy def at 60, cant remmember the passive increase atm.

-Cold wave attack series; Skip it.. most of d8 people will be immune to it.

-Frost wall series; Skip it.. it wont let you move while using it, but it can be usefull while pvping a blader (the blader wont be able to kd you.)

-Snow storm; Skip it.. you already have a powerfull nuker you dont need this one at all.. i have it (for fun) though.

-Snow shield; MAX it, will decrease the damage that you get by 40% at lvl 60.

-Cold armor; MAX it, will give you extra phy def.

Bicheon 80

-Smashing series; Well.. this will be up to you.. the 4th book will give Bleed to the opponent wich is helpfull at pvp/job so i would max it!

-Chain sword attack series; the combos.. you can skip it as it will cost so much sp, but my advice is to max atleast the 4 combo attack and then unlock the 6 combo attack at 73 wich will give the opponent impotent, division or bleed.

-Shield technique series; MAX the 1st and 3rd book, it will increase your phy def by 15 secs wich is helpfull while jobbing against numerous opponents!

-Blade force series; Also up to each one.. i myself have it maxed to end up mobs..

-Hidden blade series; MAX it, your KD.. a must to have at pvp, you will live longer against your opponent.

-Killing heaven blade series; MAX it; your Stabs.. also a must after you KD your opponent.

-Sword dance series; Up to you, it can be usefull at 54 to get mobs against you so it will make your grinding funnier and faster.

-Shield protection series; MAX it, will give you extra blocking ratio.

Heuskal 80

-Annihilating Blade; Skip it.. only get the first book to start and then remove it with cursed hearts if you want.

-Fanning spear; MAX the 1st and 3rd book, will give you extra mag def.

-Heuskal spear; MAX it, at lvl 76 you will have dull and while you have only 1 nuker it will be usefull.

-Soul departs spear; MAX it, you will be able to stun your enemy and like Heuskal spear it will be usefull while having only 1 nuker.

-Ghost spear attack; MAX IT!, the most damage dealer attack from the heuskal tree, it will be decisive at pvp to end youre enemys.

-Chain Spear attack; Up to you, you can use it at lower lvls but when you get high that damage can be done faster by a nuke/sss.

-Flying dragon spear; Skip it, you already have your nuker before getting it.

-Cheolsam force; MAX IT!, this passive will give you extra hp, about 2k more hp at lvl 80 wich if youre pure will make you end up with 10k+hp.

Gear;

Garment

You have already a good phy def due to the ice tree and you will need the garment extra mag def since you have no fire. With the snow shield/fanning spear activated you will tank various nukers with it, but if you pick armor/protector you wont last even with snow shield.

Grinding;

Well, you will spend most of your time grinding so heres some advice of how to. Use spear till 30 and then get both weapons at 32 (s/s & spear) so you can start training the weapon switch. Start with a nuker and then you should be able to end mobs with lion shout/ghost spear or any of the skills listed before.
Heres a video of t1Mo from greece with hes grinding; http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk-jYZiMFPc (if you want me to remove it just ask..)

Farming;

The hard part... This build requires tons of sp so farming will be hard enough.. i recommend to 5gap since 30, once you get to the 30 then get to 35(99.99%..) without improving your skills and then open a 7 gap at 52, close it at 54 with a 9 gap and then you should be fine to 0gap for a while, then again when you feel like youre skills are getting far away from your lvl open a high gap and decide it yourself when to stop:P.

PvPing;

Yay after all that farming youre ready to pvp! with a good gear (+3/+5) and a normal weapon +4/+5 you should be able to take most build down. About switching while pvping... I wont post/recommend any kind of Macros since you can do it yourself even better.. Here's two examples of it (Embodiment [Oasis] & Pookie [Pacific]), same as t1Mo's video, ask me if you wanna remove it from here.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=M4NlyruqJfE (Embodiment)

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=vw8oIOfY8S0 (Pookie)

And well, this has come to the end.. I will be posting the skills screenshots soon.
Feel free to leave youre comments but please think before posting... a positive post will be really appreciate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:45 pm 

great guide for dual builds.

i currently hav a lv 2x dual build in babel. ihav fire instead of ice as my 60 tree cause i like the imbue and nuke and the sheild series. i think its worth more than the snow sheild and the physical defense.

would u think thats a better dual build than the 1 u described.
just need some advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:13 pm 
Common Member

Well, having fire 60 would be pretty weak at lvl 80 ;|. And well, if you want bich, heusk, light, fire you would need to either leave light 60 or fire, wich would make youre damage less than light maxed. I changed from fire to ice for the snow shield, and of course coz i wanted to beat glaviers in garm :P.
I feel like i missed myself from the point lol, but i hope it helped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:54 am 

thx that makes sense.
guess hav to sacrifice the fire tree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:43 am 

Oh sweet guide,

before the update i was plaaning to make dual weapon, int but after the update and with snow sheild i though that you wouldnt be able to do it.

But i supose sacrificing fire isnt all that bad after all, ill miss those nukes though :(

And i just started a fire str glavie :(

One quetion; would we ever use the light nuke in pvp or would it just be too weak?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:51 am 

Also another quetion, what would the 90 cap outlook be like?

we cant drop down light or the weapons could we?
so Light 90, Bicheon 90, Heuskual 90, leaving only 30 for ice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:38 am 
Banned User

Nice guide.

Just answering some of the questions:
Lightning nuke in pvp is acceptable when you get the chance. You can deal alot of damage with them, when used correctly (timing is important).
Going dual weapon for 90 cap will be difficult for pure int. The suggested options for 90 cap are either:
1. One weapon tree (preferably bicheon) + max 2 magic trees + 30 lvls of a mastery of your choice.
2. Max fire, light, ice + 30 lvls of a mastery of your choice.

Going dual weapon + max light is a dangerous build. Theres a good reason players try to keep ice at lvl 60. Snow shield is a massive boost in defense, something pure int chars lack alot in. If you have impeccable equips (in the likes of full sosuns) maybe you could try it. If not, I would advice strongly against going in this direction. Sure it looks impressive when 1on1 pvping, but the attacks are too focused, and your mortality on the battlefield is too great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:58 pm 
Common Member

@blake2 yes, lightning nuke is really strong.. not as fire nukers but well.. if you get the perfect timing with it you can hurt your enemy :).

About the 90 cap, well i cant really prepare myself for something thats not here yet.. but i will try the 90bich, 90heusk, 30ice, 90light. I will check myself if its worth or not.

Thanks for the answers ! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:00 am 

only 1 max element tree?
hopefully joymax raises the max mastery lv by at least 10.

will they ever do it?

i remeber when im started playn the dual build it was lv 70 cap. and i thought dual weap would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:52 am 

Ok thanks for reply Sylhana and Adry.

@Devilti, they will never be raising the masteries cap :( which makes our jobs alot harder.

I supose we can make this for the 80 cap and once the 90 cap comes we can try it and if it doesnt work then we can always just use cused hearts to delevel one of the weapon trees.

Thanks again for the reply :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:57 am 

blake2 wrote:

@Devilti, they will never be raising the masteries cap :( which makes our jobs alot harder.

I supose we can make this for the 80 cap and once the 90 cap comes we can try it and if it doesnt work then we can always just use cused hearts to delevel one of the weapon trees.

wow, r u sure?
wat if the lv cap becomes like 100?
then u can only hav 3 trees....
i guess hav to sacrifice the fire and cold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:16 pm 
guide looks great bro.

one little thing; my laptop wont show the images big, just the miniature with
the original sizes typed at the bottom. i cant click em for there is nothing they
are being linked to.

i will add this to the chars n skills sticky, would be nice if you cn fix those img ;)

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:29 pm 

devilti wrote:
blake2 wrote:

wow, r u sure?
wat if the lv cap becomes like 100?
then u can only hav 3 trees....
i guess hav to sacrifice the fire and cold

Yeah its designed so that once the final lvl cap comes (150) then we will only have 2 trees, for the 100 cap Im guessing it might not work, not sure, as Adry said we cant work it out until it comes and until we see it,

We could always just go Light 100 Bich 100 Hesk 100, mabe the defence from sheild and extra hp from hesk will be the same as mana sheild.

Congrats Adry on the sticky :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:50 pm 
Common Member

thanks cin :) i will prolly change the images next weekend, im really busy with work/school atm :|.
btw; about the 100cap, 150cap and even the 90cap.. thats not here yet.. maybe this build works at the 90 and 100 or maybe not, something is sure, that it wont work at the 150 :P

Post subject: ....
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:45 pm 
Casual Member

Blows even 90 cap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:29 am 

Is hybrid a bad idea for this build since we dont have magic defence?
Maybe 7:1 int:str?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:55 am 

blake2 wrote:
Is hybrid a bad idea for this build since we dont have magic defence?
Maybe 7:1 int:str?

thats wat im doin.

im using this build to relax myself from the reality.
its rly fun cause u can come up with ur own combos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:52 pm 
Common Member

and a total sp of.....650k?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:29 am 

Someone give us something like that but for STR builds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:27 am 
Banned User

nukers do more damage with nukes than weapon skills, 2 weapon trees are a waste
and
i dont really see why you would go dual especially with the 90 cap coming soon..

mastery @ 300, you will run out of masteries for dual
and you will be weak

FULLY UNFARMED
VENICE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:34 am 

raged! wrote:
nukers do more damage with nukes than weapon skills, 2 weapon trees are a waste
and
i dont really see why you would go dual especially with the 90 cap coming soon..

mastery @ 300, you will run out of masteries for dual
and you will be weak

Well with the fortress war update, and knowing joymax; chances are that the 90 cap wont be coming so soon.

As for the dual weapon part, well if you havnt played this build then you dont understand, this build is really fun to play with, alot better then pvping with a full str glavier where you just soul spear and ghost spear until you hit a crit, i think this game is all about having fun and if you enjoy this build then why not make it and have fun.

And once the 90 cap does come there is always the cursed hearts waiting for us, and again knowing joymax we will get plenty of hearts at lvl 80-90, well an truely enough to d-lvl either heaksual or bicheon.

And besides 90% of everyone else at lvl 80(99%) going on to 82~90 will have to d-lvl one of their trees as well, we will just need to be doing slightly more.

Post subject: Re: [Guide] The Chinese Dual Weapon Build (INT Based)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:44 pm 
Banned User

I was tinking for the lvl 90 cape
this Heuskal 76 (for the lvl 76 skill)
Bicheon 74
Lighting 90
Cold 60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:42 am 

anyone reckon hybrid dual weapon would be nice at 90?
heuksal 90
bicheon 90
light 90
ice 30

cause since dual weapon use more weapon moves then just s/s or s then hybrid might suit it and would help with the lack of ice?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 pm 
Valued Member

blake2 wrote:
heuksal 90
bicheon 90
light 90
ice 30

cause since dual weapon use more weapon moves then just s/s or s then hybrid might suit it and would help with the lack of ice?

that build would be good for dual i suggest hybrid 1:4 or lower so no need for high lvl ice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:52 am 

alcoholic wrote:
blake2 wrote:
heuksal 90
bicheon 90
light 90
ice 30

that build would be good for dual i suggest hybrid 1:4 or lower so no need for high lvl ice

hmm bit late for 4:1 hybrid ive already got a lvl 80 full int s/s that used to be dual and i thought it might be possible to do full str from 80-90 but i suppose thats not going ot have enough defence? that would have a mag balance of 89%

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:38 am 
Forum Legend

As mentioned above, it is pointless for Int ased chars to go dual. A lot of ppl are even dropping duel with 90 cap. Although I'm not using any wep skills.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:09 pm 
Valued Member

Blackdragon6 wrote:
As mentioned above, it is pointless for Int ased chars to go dual. A lot of ppl are even dropping duel with 90 cap. Although I'm not using any wep skills.

how is it point int based pointless for dual??

depends what hybrid you are if your 1:4 or lower your weapon skills does more damage then nukes.

so dont think that hybrid int mainly nukes.

being dual gives you advantage from going high def to high attake.

i guess everyone has different opnion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:17 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hum , I was thinking of something else : as a pure int character , i mainly use magical attack :
So what about:

- Bicheon lv90 > KD , stab , status bleed and division , passive

-Lightning lv90 > Imbue , bonus for magical attack , etc...

-Cold lv60 > Snow shield 40% ( its enough for a full int ) , pretty good buffs for physical defense

-Heuskal lv60 > I don't think heuskal90 will be very effective , as a full int , the damages are mainly created with the imbue , so i think we can use stun + petal with a pretty amount of damages as a full int. Perhaps I'm wrong but I think it works like that.

In pvp, i suggest to use the bicheon chain to put the status bleed on the ennemy , then switch to spear and nuke , then stun or petal . With a spear we can nuke 14k to 16k hp , then the petal might hit like 9k . ( With bleed status : the only way to kill str characters ^^ )

I think str char wil be killed quite easily with such a pvp method.
Anyway , I'm not sure of the damages of the stun and petal , correct me if I'm wrong.
But if it does such damages with the imbue maxed and heuskal lv60 , I think this build will be very good at pvp.

Concerning the lack of fire mastery , mainly to be immune for freeze , I suggest to make 20% freeze reduce on each accesory , it will limit the effect, then use pills^^

When 90 cap will come , I think i will try this char, but if its noob with heuskal damages , I will skip heuskal for fire and do : Bicheon lightning cold lv90 and fire lv30

Thx for reading :) :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:28 pm 

Amazing. Dual Weapons were great back in 70-80 Caps, though now, since masteries are going down with each new cap... You can't afford dual weapons

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:21 pm 
Valued Member

dual build will last up to 100 cap unless teh 300 limit mastery increases 30 more