Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who said Light+Cold are a MUST for 90/100cap?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:22 pm 

who said that lightning is a MUST MUST MUST mastery/skill for an INT based character for 90 and 100 cap with the mastery limit at 300 to be a strong and efficient nuker? by that i mean people starting to talk about dropping fire for ice and let lightning be their main force mastery. so lets bring out the facts and numbers and lets do some comparison

based on the info till 100cap using statistics on website below
http://www.konpaku.com.br/silkroad/habilidade.asp

Lightning Pierce Force
68 > 88
+16% to +18%, meaning -2% magical damage difference

Lion Shout
boohoo, add till 70 if u want and/or just add Blade Force if ur going s/s for just as quick an attack to finish off mobs (even higher damage output when u compare both >_>)

Parry:
69 > 98 (buff+passive
buff 29 to 37, passive 29 to 35, total -14 parry difference

Grasswalk:
70 > 85
+67% speed to +77% speed, 10% difference (moving march + typhoon + gear make up for it)

strongest imbue 90 cap light fire
light max 522 - 970 (+100%)
fire max 723 - 1097 (+100%)

strongest imbue 100 cap cap light fire
light max 723 - 1344 (+100%)
fire max 912 - 1520 (+100%)

strongest nukes 90 cap light fire
light max 989 - 1837 (+300%)
fire max 1060 - 1766 (+330%)

strongest nukes 100 cap cap light fire
light max 1330 - 2470 (+300%)
fire max 1425 - 2375 (+330%)

above mentioned skills with lightning 70 compared to 100 mastery are still usable when ur a INT based build and still want to do heavy damage using nukes.

while light nukes have a slight advantage when it comes to damage range, they have a weaker "amplifier" and only 1 strong nuke avalaible at each levelcap while fire has 2 strong nukes you can use. and thats just comparing the nukes, when you take a look at the imbues, you can clearly see who's the winner damage wise.

sure you'll lose out on +2% mag increase and walkspeed (movingmarch+typhoonftw) and 14parry aint that big a loss when you work on ur gear, but based on these facts alone you'll still nuke hard, or if not harder and even more stable/constant. sure you'll lose out on phydef but hell kneegrow, you got euro buffs for that these days! dude, even with these masteries you'll need to farm LESS SP and still have a fun and strong build! so who said you needed light? :O

when you compare both masteries and try to figure out a build for the 90/100cap and actually understood the numbers i just presented, trust me when i say that the following builds WILL work where you do NOT have to drop fire for cold and have light as your main:

90cap

main 90 weap (s/s for status inflicting skills, kd/stab, block)
main 90 fire (damage, 2 strong nukes, magdef, visionfire)
sub 70 light (magincrease, speed, parry)
sub 50 cold (33% manashield, +36phydef, nova on non fire builds)

100cap

main 100 weap (same as above)
main 100 fire (same as above)
sub 70 light (same as above)
sub 30 cold (23% manashield, low phydef, low novaskills

sure you'll lose out on cold for the phy def and a bit on the all amazing mana shield, but having these cold mastery levels you will still have 33% at 90cap and 23% damage absorption at 100cap.

if ur really scared about losing def, i'd suggest you go bicheon (sword/shield) for the extra def and ofcourse the allmighty shield technique (allthough its only lasts for 15seconds). those are +1210phydef at 90cap and a whopping +1620phydef at the 100cap. s/s means tanking ability using the shield with higher def, but first and foremost the block.

Scared u won't be able to kill opponents being s/s and all, and not survive that long vs str based opponents? lets not forget you can use kd and stab for higher survability, regain ur own health while ur opponent lies on the ground receiving quadruple stabs, add shield technique with mana shield and you can take some hits. if you add the right skill sets on the bicheon skilltree, you can inflict statusses such as bleed with the Smashing Series! The Lightning Chain gives u a chance to inflict Bleed Impotent and Division on your target, and the new chain at Lv100 even Dull Fear and Stun! Those two chain skillbooks combined with KD and Stab along with the masteries for the 90 and 100 cap described above will defenitely make you a winner

and if you have a super guild with super duper friends, you can always rely on your best buddies the cleric and bard for extra defense and offense along the way. you could just level such a build yourself and make use of them during pvp and job/guild wars

now have fun playing leediez

FOR THE HYBRID BASED CHARS:
and for the hybrids out there, the HEAVY ones and even the LIGHTweights (especially those, the 1:1 builds), by still having the fire mastery for the +18% physical increase at 90cap and +19% at the 100cap would be in good use for you kiddies! (total increase by combining buff+passive).

so that would be +18% physical increase and +16% magical increase based on the builds i discribed! happy times! yeah that means big daddy power for you hybrid weapon based characters, especially the bow babies :)

Last edited by mKaaru on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:45 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:23 pm 
Advanced Member

Lightning is also good for speed walk...without it, you'll run like a slug

Retired from SRO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:28 pm 

Puma60 wrote:

kneegrow took a full minute to read and actually comprehend the load of text i typed, you must be one super advanced robotic speed reader my friend, or just someone severely retarded that responded to the title of the topic alone :O

and speedwalk? who needs stuff like that when you have moving march with the euro bards or buy drug of typhoon at your local store. lightning at 70 is supposed to be a SUB mastery, the +67% speed walk is more then enough to grind with and the teleport... wow you'll teleport like 2m less further for only 200k SP?

for jobwars or guildwars you'll need to be able to run fast, but thats why u got euro bards and drug of typhoon to fill up the gap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:46 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

so, for way into the future the perfect build for pure int would be

150 fire
70 light
80 ice

correct me if im wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:48 pm 
Valued Member

mKaaru wrote:
Puma60 wrote:

kneegrow took a full minute to read and actually comprehend the load of text i typed, you must be one super advanced robotic speed reader my friend, or just someone severely retarded that responded to the title of the topic alone :O

and speedwalk? who needs stuff like that when you have moving march with the euro bards or buy drug of typhoon at your local store. lightning at 70 is supposed to be a SUB mastery, the +67% speed walk is more then enough to grind with and the teleport... wow you'll teleport like 2m less further for only 200k SP?

for jobwars or guildwars you'll need to be able to run fast, but thats why u got euro bards and drug of typhoon to fill up the gap?

I agree, 10% difference isn't that much and you can just replace it by using garms really, i'm thinking of doing 90 wep/90 fire/60 ice/60 light though for the 40% mana shield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:53 pm 

auron27 wrote:

150 fire
70 light
80 ice

correct me if im wrong

you should just focus on the 90 and 100 cap first, thats 2 years (or even more) of playing sro ahead of you knowing joymax and them expanding the levelcap.

you wont prolly be around for the 150 cap, need to be ultimate no-lifer to get thát far. besides, we dont know the details on all the skills from 100 to 150! so far joymax released only the skillbook info and animations untill lvl120, which is rumoured to be the final levelcap and where the endgame for sro truly kicks in.

as for the 110 or 120 cap till lvl150 (not even announced nor confirmed by KSRO), i can NOT help you. this "guide" only acts as a reference to a good fire based high level bad ass strong and fun nuker for both the 90 and 100 cap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:02 am 

kevv wrote:
mKaaru wrote:
Puma60 wrote:

I agree, 10% difference isn't that much and you can just replace it by using garms really, i'm thinking of doing 90 wep/90 fire/60 ice/60 light though for the 40% mana shield.

exactly, lightning is just overrated and way too much hyped atm.

thats a good build that u got there, +84 phy def with 40% mana shield while still maintaining +15% magic increase and having some speed+teleport along with it. go for it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:18 am 

nice... but i think
90 fire
90 bich
60 ice
60 light is better
and if your gonna worry about 150 cap already then just LoL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:32 am 
Frequent Member

mKaaru wrote:
kevv wrote:
mKaaru wrote:
Puma60 wrote:

exactly, lightning is just overrated and way too much hyped atm.

thats a good build that u got there, +84 phy def with 40% mana shield while still maintaining +15% magic increase and having some speed+teleport along with it. go for it!
with the 90wep/90fire/60light/60ice would this work even with a pure int spear or would it have to be somewhat hybrid? also since it has maxed fire that means high mag deffence so a int can then wear protector instead of garment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:53 am 
Frequent Member

___ONLY___ wrote:
nice... but i think
90 fire
90 bich
60 ice
60 light is better
and if your gonna worry about 150 cap already then just LoL

Sure, but now show us your build at the 100 cap, the 110 cap and the 120 cap? Perhaps at the 90 cap, using fire in stead of lightning is not such a bad idea, but you'll be doing a lot of deleveling when the cap continues to increase...

[83] Pinokkio
Pure INT Force Nuker, Force 83, Cold 83, Lightning 83, Fire 60

[81] Sybian
Pure INT KD Nuker, Bicheon 81, Cold 81, Lightning 81, Fire 60

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:47 pm 

wat about the extra dist of ghost walk then?
90-100 i'm sure there will be extra dist of ghost walk and that could make a diff whether ur enemy can catch up wif u when u're low hp / u can catch ur enemy when they are low hp

u defintely need ice 90(phy def passive, buff, snow shield) even u are s/s...pathetic hp even wif 15 sec ironwall ( u rly think ppl are gonna fight head on when they see u activate that buff? :roll: ) and KD is only 50% of the chance ... so aft 15 sec u are only counting on the KD for survival, gl seriously

Quote:
90cap

main 90 weap (s/s for status inflicting skills, kd/stab, block)
main 90 fire (damage, 2 strong nukes, magdef, visionfire)
sub 70 light (magincrease, speed, parry)
sub 50 cold (33% manashield, +36phydef, nova on non fire builds)

i would say light at least 72 for last book of ghost walk lvl 1
could work but u definitely need more than 50 ice at 100 cap

Quote:
100cap

main 100 weap (same as above)
main 100 fire (same as above)
sub 70 light (same as above)
sub 30 cold (23% manashield, low phydef, low novaskills

23% snow shield on pure int?... :banghead: and as u can see cold is getting lesser and lesser as cap lvl rise, so eventually u wanna do w/o cold?

u would hv to choose between fire and light nuke at 100 cap, ice 100 is a must i believe...so light nuke + piercing > fire nuke w/o piercing
so u can be either pure nuker
100 ice
100 fire
100 light

or weap nuker
100 weap
100 light
100 ice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:22 pm 
Common Member

By 100 cap you probably won't need ice buffs since there WILL be newer and better armors, meaning the small amount those buffs give won't really change anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:44 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

n00bzZ wrote:
By 100 cap you probably won't need ice buffs since there WILL be newer and better armors, meaning the small amount those buffs give won't really change anything.

That makes little sense. When cap was raised to 80 there was new armor, but also harder hitting skills making ice useful. By your theory ice is useless at the current cap as well, and I'd have to strongly disagree.

Personally I think one should go with either the pure nuker build, which would be more a group pvper than solo because I can't see it killing anything 1v1 with the delay time between nukes unless you have sun. (90 fire/light/ice)
Or go with the slightly weaker group char but a better all around build with 90 bich/light/cold.

I think force is a waste, as I'm going to assume that #1) theres a lengthy cool down on how often you can use the status effect skill, and that #2) the effects can be pilled off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:28 pm 
Banned User

I think he's suggesting that 60 cold be worthless in terms of the extra physical defense it would give compared to armors that give tons more. When you have 1000 def, 80 extra def deosn't look bad. But if you end up sitting around with 1800 pdef or 2000 some perhaps at even higher caps, [a crazy ass blader with 100 ice, 100 fire, 100 blade in prot or something should be able to get close to that lol], the 80 defense just isn't as much in comparison anymore. [Or even a cleric in light armor once the 100 cap comes rolling around. The passive increase the passive gives on top of the bonus they get for blessing as well... They could easily have an extra 400~500 phys def, and 700+ mag def for 30 minutes... That would skyrocket their base defense. On my future warrior [farmin...], I'll definitely skill those prot passives just so I can switch to cleric if I really need it for a decent defense boost.] Also... 60 ice does give a 40% mana shield. That added bonus doesn't matter with how much better our gears get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:02 pm 

i might just do 90 fire/light/bicheon and 30 ice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:19 pm 

For pure ints, you definetely need ice..more then 30 lvls for sure xD I would go for 90cold-90light-90fire or 90cold-90light-90force.

I feel like bicheon is useless.. the lightning chain isnt good, no good dmg (for pure ints) low prob of putting division..and its so a long combo >.< You can get easily stun or kd by doing it..and it only lasts 30 sec..which means u need to remake the light chain and lose more time in the fight >.< For grinding, bicheon is useless imo >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 am 
Story Teller

....Those builds might have worked if Euro wasn't around, but since virtually every one of euro chars can 1 hit a pure int, or even hybrid int without mana shield, you would be sucking on your thumbs after realizing you don't stand a chance against anyone longer than the 15 sec of your iron wall. Chinese are all about surviving, and when you take out 25% of the defense of an int char, you are pretty much getting 1 hit by all the euros. The chinese would also be raping you pretty bad. If you haven't noticed, in PvP, all the pure int die shortly after mana shield is down, even with +5 equips.

Remember, pot delay doesn't mean shit when you get 1 shot by the enemy. We all know you can't afford to get 1 shot by people your own level when you just can't 1 shot them back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:37 am 
Common Member

Well, I didn't really mention ice shield (or w/e that is) in my post...
It's just that I don't see a good reason going ice for that 1 skill.
If you take out the phy passive and buff, which again would be probably useless at higher caps, what is there left except the ice shield?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:40 am 
Valued Member

LOL at 23% mana shield...you=dead by any european end of story...

Ign: Kisses
Guild: Arrogance
Union: Arrogance
Servers: Uranus
6x sos found since server opened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:56 am 
Casual Member

90 spear or s/s
60 ice
150 lightning
DUDE ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Server : Aege

The few the proud the pure Ints

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:30 pm 
Banned User

status effect by sword chain is nice. but they can be cured with pills. in pvp, imho it's too expensive to use them, but in guild or job war, you won't scare your opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:47 pm 
Common Member

Is it just me, or are Ints harder to build than a pure str?

I mean pure STR just needs Fire (more phys damage, mag defense - everything they lack/need more of), but Ints need lightning (mag damage increase, parry buff) AND ice (for the phys defense which they lack) and this STILL leaves them with only 1 strong nuke, which is basically their most used attack.

If only light gave phys defense and ice gave parry ratio :roll:
*riots for change*

Fire nukes were my favorite, too...but I don't want to stink at PvP. Is it me being paranoid or are Euro's going to become more powerful each lvl cap? Chinese need a bigger mastery limit :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:16 am 
Banned User

if someone really consider dropping light on his int then this person whould quit sro NAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:10 pm 

I will go for 90 bicheon 90 fire 60light or 70 light and 60cold or 50 cold which i have not decide yetXD....
As i mentioned before from my topic(it vanished already, i duno y).When u choose light..u only have 1 strong nuke...but fire provides u 2 nuke which is only a little weaker then light nuke...the only disadvantage for decreasing light is u got a lost of parry which i believe is very important to me...ghost walk and wind walk...is pretty useless...67% is more then enough for faster moving speed....and 33% mana will be just fine
if u choose 30 fire...perhaps u not immune to freeze<<put it in mind....that all for cap 90...
For cap 100....i am afraid 23% mana shield is not enough....without euro buff...u r gonna be a dead rat during job war or watever...once there is more then 1 person...ur chances of surviving is very very low.....FOr cap 100...i choose 100 bicheon 100 fire 60 light 40 cold..at least min 40

For now..i would like to ask if ur a hybrid...i dont care wat's ur magic balance...from cap 80 to 90...these 10 lvl...where u put ur point in?...i am going to add all 10 lvls into int....how abt u?

Last edited by nightcrystal on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:02 pm 
Advanced Member

I'm probaly going 90 cold 90 light 90 fire. I barely use m bicheon skills. I am lvl 77 and NEVER use bicheon skills yet. TBH my bicheon masterie is at lvl 41

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:09 pm 
Casual Member

auron27 wrote:

150 fire
70 light
80 ice

correct me if im wrong

That would be a horrible build.

Lightning at 70 had 16% mag damage increase. Let's say it doubles...that means 32% mag damage increase.

You need a weapon tree (for pvp at least), so you'll have to drop either light or ice if you want fire maxed...if you drop light, your magical damage has just been cut by a third. If you lose ice, you lose a shitload of physical defense.

Meh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:17 am 
Common Member

For those saying that you are getting 90 light, 90 fire, 90 cold. Perhaps you do not realise that your weapon mastery provides x% damage towards your nukes. X being each level up of mastery. So you guys (those choosing 90 fire/ 90 light/ 90 ice/ 30 weapon) will receive this extra damage per nuke each nuke 30% + 90% = 120%. While 90 bicheon would result in 90% + 90% = 180%. So you are missing out on an extra 60%. This is just my opinion but i think that, 90 light/90 fire/90 ice/30 weapon shouldn't even be an idea of a build. Plus what about KD's and stabs... for those s/s you won't stand a chance same as spear. In pvp most players stun then nuke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:00 am 
Story Teller

BabyBoy wrote:
For those saying that you are getting 90 light, 90 fire, 90 cold. Perhaps you do not realise that your weapon mastery provides x% damage towards your nukes. X being each level up of mastery. So you guys (those choosing 90 fire/ 90 light/ 90 ice/ 30 weapon) will receive this extra damage per nuke each nuke 30% + 90% = 120%. While 90 bicheon would result in 90% + 90% = 180%. So you are missing out on an extra 60%. This is just my opinion but i think that, 90 light/90 fire/90 ice/30 weapon shouldn't even be an idea of a build. Plus what about KD's and stabs... for those s/s you won't stand a chance same as spear. In pvp most players stun then nuke.

Weapon skills provide extra dmg in that mastery only. Meaning in physical skill. If you don't use that you don't even need them...but s/s nukers are great euro killers because of KD. If they can't hit you, they can't kill you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:14 am 
Common Member

Oh, i was told it adds it by just wearing a sword. So wearing a sword and taking a nuke will add damage to the nuke. I guess i was wrong ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:07 am 

well lets put it this way:

chinese chars are fubar, thats why the majority at ksro play the euro race as they are stronger in terms of attack skills and offensive/defensive (party) buffs. need less farming, don't require multiple skilltrees to be a fun and strong character and have more skills to chose from!

at 90 the chinese race is gimped on masteries, and its gonna be worse at the 100 cap and beyond that. better start powerleveling your EU char now and then partygrind with ur entire guild/union because they level faster then chinese anywayz, not even necessary to bot seeing the party grind system for EU is actually enjoyable and requires some skill to handle