Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is this guide good?
Yes 86%  86%  [ 144 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 168
Author Message
 Post subject: [GUIDE] The COMPLETE STR GLAVIE Guide, UPDATED AGAIN!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:20 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
Pure Strength Glavie Guide

I - Introduction
II - Weapon and Gear
III - Skills
IV - SP farm or not to SP farm
V - Player versus Player
VI - Your pet
VII - Using your skills

Image


I-Intro

Point of this Guide:
Just wanted to tell all you haters I won't close this guide until people start saying it's bad. And seriously, to all who flamed it, I don't care about what you think. I'm open to criticism, not flaming. Thanks to all who helped me improve this guide.

Since the other Strength Glavie guides were marked as "outdated" I made a new one for the new skills, and also a more detailed one.
So you wanna become a pure strength glavier? In this guide I'll tell you everything you need to know to become one.

So what is a pure str glavier?

With STR bows, STR glaviers are the highest STR damage dealers among chinese. All stat points go into strength, you'll have massive hp and you will hit pretty high, as high as chinesenukes if you do a good critical, only criticals don't happen often unless you have a glavie with a good critical. If you're good, you'll never die and you can 1 hit any mob 2 lvls lower than you with a critical. If played correctly, the STR glavier is quite good overall.

Why a pure strength glavier?
The pure str glavier is a build for people who like to PvP. It can tank, resist nukes and sometimes even wizard nukes, and deal high criticals, in other words, everything you need to own at PvP. It's also very good at PvE because you will never die to any mob, unless you are getting mobbed by several grey mobs or party mobs without any potions left...

So let's talk about the pros and cons:

Pros:
-You hit very high
-You have alot of HP
-You are good at PvP
-You don't get 1 hit killed by wizards and nukes so easily.
-Has stun and knock back

Cons:
-You use tons of mana potions
-Until lvl 31 heuksal you don't have any ranged attack.



II-Your weapon and gear


Image

-How to chose your wear:

As a strength glavier you should wear garments. They give 20% less mana consumption and make you run faster, since you only have one ranged attack (and it's at lvl 31 heuksal) it's better to run to your mob faster. You can wear armor until lvl 29 just don't fight yeohas at lvl 10 and gun powders at lvl 27-28. After lvl 30 you'll find more mobs with magical attack so I suggest you switch to garment or protector, but garment is really good for this build.

As for the stats, here is how it works:

-Magical and physical defense power: The higher these stats are, the less damage you'll take from monsters. When buying a non-NPC garment item, I suggest you look for something with high magical def power and/or high physical def power.
-Durability: When you buy or repair an item, it's durability will be at its max. It slowly goes down when you fight mobs. The higher it is, the less you'll have to go to town to repair your items.
-Parry ratio: This is a bit like magical and physical defense power, but it's luck-based. Parry ratio decreases your enemy's chances of dealing high damage on you. This is also very important.
-Magical and physical reinforces: These increase magical or physical defense power a bit. Not as important but not to be ignored.

Good blues for garments:
-Str and int +
-Burn/zombie/cold/shock/darkness time -
-Parry ratio +
-Magical and physical defense +


Image

-How to chose your weapon:

As a str glavier you'll wield a glavie (lol) but if you ever find a good spear drop, like if a mob drops you an sos spear or +3 spear, it will work fine.

For the glavie stats:

-Magical and physical attack power: just like for garments, but on weapons they don't increase defense, they increase the highest damage you can deal. When you buy a weapon you should always take one that has higher attack power, unless there is another glavie with a bit less attack power but with a good critical (10 and above)
-Durability: Same as for garment.
-Attack rating: Increases your chances of dealing damage. In other words, the offensive parry ratio. Important.
-Critical: Very important for this build. I suggest you buy a glavie with at least 7-10 critical. Why? Because as a pure strength glavier, when you hit a critical with soul spear move, you'll 1 hit kill your mob.
-Mag and phy reinforces: Same as for garment but these are for attack, not defense.

Good blues for glavies:

-Block ratio + (this doesn't make you block attacks... it decreases your enemy's chances of blocking your attack if he has a shield)
-Critical +
-Str and Int +
-Attack rating +

Example of a good 4th degree glavie I found:

Image


III- Skills

Image


Now this is the most important part for you... the skills you must take.

As a pure strength glavier you take heuksal as main weapon skill tree, fire and main force skill tree and lightning as secondary skill tree.

This is how it should look like:
http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Build_Applet/?profile=46007

This character builder is a bit outdated. In the fire skill tree, you should also max out the stealth detection skill. As for lightning I don't know if there is a new skill that hasn't been added.
This build talkes like 315k SP to be maxed at 80 cap. You can either go 4 gap all the way or you can farm SP if you want to go 0 gap.

Red = Skip
Orange = Optional
Green = Important

ImageNow for the skills in Heuksal (heuksal skill tree maxed to 80)


Image Annhiliathing Blade Series:
This is rather useless, but you should take it when you get lvl 5 so you can lvl up faster at low lvls. Good when you want to do your finishing attack or when you don't want to use lots of mana. Get rid of it at lvl 20.

Image Fanning Spear Series:
Gives you good magical defense for 15 seconds, a bit like mana skin for warriors. This skill makes you invincible against nukers or wizards. If a monster like earth taoist hits you 300, when you activate this skill he will be hitting 20. Very important skill in my opinion.

Image Heuksal spear series:
This is a splash skill like ghost spear. At later levels, it adds dull to your enemies what can be useful in PvP. The second and third book do outdamage soul departs. I think it's a good skill, te third book hits twice.

Image Departs Spear series:
This is THE most important skill you have, it has stun and hits very high criticals. At low levels, a critical from this skill will one hit your mob. The third book hits twice.

Image Ghost spear attack series:
Maybe not as powerful as soul departs but very useful when getting mobbed. Doesn't 1 hit kill though. It's also the best looking attack among the heuksal skills in my opinion. Hits 5 mobs around you. Second and third book have the ability to knock back.

Image Chain Spear Attacks:
This is a chain attack, what means it hits multiple times. It's good for PvE, specially against giants or to finish off things after a good soul departs, not the best skill at PvP though. I personally think you should get it.

Image Flying Dragon Spear:
I call it the strength nuke because it's like a nuke but as a weapon skill instead of a force skill... also very useful after lvl 31 heuksal because you'll be able to deal high damage at long range, and then finish off things with soul departs when they get to you.

Image Cheoslam force:
Gives you like 100 Hp every 10 lvls. Obviously it's useful.


ImageFor the Fire Skills (Fire skill tree maxed to 80):


Image Fire Force:
This is the imbue. Max it (duh...)

Image Fire Shield:
This makes you immune to ice at higher lvls but you need a shield and you can't have one because the glavie is two handed. Some people carry a shield and quickly switch to it then take glavie again just to activate the skill. It can be useful in PvP though, as you will be immune to ice. It's getting orange instead of red for that.

Image Flame body:
This increases your physical attack. Max it.

Image Fire Protection:
Increases your magical defense. You'll need it... a lot.

Image Fire Wall:
Creates a wall of fire around you that makes you immune to magical attacks. Can be useful when fighting monsters such as giant earth taoists so you don't get mobbed by other general taoists when you're fighting the giant, but it won't stand for a long time. And besides, this skill is useless against most of the other monsters. So I don't suggest it.

Image Flame Wave series:
Pure magical attack. It's useless because your int is low so it won't hit high.

Image Fire Combustion:
Very good against rogues and for any jobs. You have two choices here: either you take pots to destealth opponents, or either you take this skill. I'd go for the pots, they work fine, this is just a waste of SP, but it's your choice after all.

Image Flame Devil Force:
The passive. It increases your physical attack. Max it.


ImageThe lightning skills (Lightning Tree Skill maxed to 69)
There are only a few skills you should take so I'll only comment those you need.


Image Piercing Force:
Increases your magical attack, something that you don't have a lot. This combined with fire body greatly increases the damage you deal.

Image Wind Walk:
Makes you run faster. You only have one ranged attack, so being able to get to them fast is important.

Image Concentration Series:
Increases parry ratio. Means it decreases your chances of taking more damage.

Image Heaven's Force:
Permanently increases your parry ratio.


ImageAnd finally, the cold skills
These aren't suggested for a pure strength build because you don't really need them. The cold buffs are mostly about physical defense, something that you already have a lot. I think you should forget about cold skills, but if you think you really need them, I suggest you take these:


Image Frost Guard Series:
You are wearing garments, thus you don't have as much physical defense as if you were wearing armor. This will give you more physical defense for a short amount of time.

Image Frost Nova Series:
These skills are very useful when you are getting mobbed. The first book only hits the enemy you selected, and will frostbite (slow down) or froze your enemy. The second book hits everything around you, and you don't need to select a monster to use this skill.

Image Cold Armor:
Permanently increases physical defense.

Image Snow Shield:
Players suggest this skill because it seems to give you great defense, I personally don't know much about it, but if players consider it as being useful, you should try it. Here is a quote from Hime_Sama:

Quote:
I'm grinding Ongs in China looking for that ring
I'm lvl 34, and as we all know Ongs are Agro
and when multi mobs (+6) swarm me
if i activate snow shield lvl 1 the Damage goes from 100-138
to 60 which is really nice.




IV - SP Farm or not to SP farm

-The non-farming way:

I think you should keep heuksal at the same level as fire and lightning, 4 or 5 levels below your characters level if you don't farm (and that is 4 or 5 gap).

Now, that is the old 4 gap way to lvl up. I myself have my own way to make my pure strength glavier in an easier way without all the gap and sp farming. It's not complete yet, but so far here is my plan for 80 cap without much farming:

[img=http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6835/stats80capsy8.th.png]

At the beginning it may seem complicated but it's actually easy. Like at lvl 10, you get your two main skills to 10 (heuksal and fire) and then you get your character level to 15. At level 15 you get your two main skills to 15 and you go for character level 20, and so on, got it?

I only started lvling up lightning at lvl 30, I lvled it to 30. Now I'm going to character level 40 with 5 gap. When I get lvl 40 I'll have 36 heuksal, 36 fire and 29 lightning. I'll have enough sp to max them all to 40 heuksal, 40 fire and 33 lightning. Then I go on as shows my gap planning. I think you should try it, or you can go 4 gap all the way but it's harder for lower lvls.

-The SP farming way:


It all depends on what level you want to reach. If you don't play much and only want to get all the first books, go for lvl 31:

From lvl 1 to 31 with 0 gap, you get 4325 SP, and you need 8553 SP for 31 heuksal 31 fire and 24 lightning, thus you need to farm 4228 SP

If you want to get to lvl 37, for full 5th degree 37 fire 37 heuksal and 33 lightning(ghost walk), you need to farm 9676 SP

If you want to get lvl 45, for full 6th degree 45 fire 45 heuksal and 38 lightning you need to farm around 18k SP

For lvl 57 you need to farm around 60k SP

For lvl 69 you need to farm around 120k SP

And finally, for lvl 80, you need around 200k SP

If you add cold skills, you'll need to farm even more (obviously...) but it depends on what cold level you want to get. If it's only lvl 30 cold, add like 3-5k SP to all that. If it's around lvl 70, you can add like 50k SP and over.

Good luck with farming SP, if you go for it :)






V- Player versus Player

As I said before, this build can be good at PvP. You can still die, but generaly you will do well. If you know what you are doing, then you will own at PvP.

Green = Easy to kill if you know what you are doing
Orange = Average, depends on your skills or on luck
Red = Hard to kill/you can die to them

Against chinese builds:

-Pure Strength Blader:
Avoid them... they knock down and block your attacks. They also got almost as much HP as you (only because you got cheoslam force) but they also got more defense (shield). In theory, you can kill them, but they have more chances of killing you that you of killing them.

-Pure strength bow:
Their attacks are slow, you can easily stop skills such as strong bow attack if you manage to stun or knock back them before they attack you, if you don't, just keep hitting them as high as you can. They have slightly less Hp that you and as much defense as you. Beware though, they can hit pretty high as well, just not as often as you.

-Spear Hybrids:
They hit less than nukers and have a bit more HP, but still you can 2 hit kill them. These builds are very good against nukers, but they are bad against strength pures.

-S/S Hybrids:
Like the spear hybrids but they can block your attacks and knock you down so be careful. They got snow shield now... and they can be very annoying when they block your attacks... But they can't take as much hits as you and don't hit as high as you.

-Nukers:
Now this is based on luck. If they attack you before you notice them, they can almost 1 hit kill you, but you'll often survive the first attack. If you hit them once they die. But they can also 1 hit kill you sometimes so don't under estimate them. When you activate fanning spear there's no way they can kill you, if you're fast enough of course.


Against european builds:

Warriors:
You will be able to kill them until like level 40-50 from what I've heard, because at those levels they get iron skin. That skill works like fanning spear, it makes you hit very low damage on them, only fanning spear is against magical damage and iron skin is for physical damage. Like for the bladders, be aware of these guys.

Rogues:
I've heard these can be hard to kill, but they can't tank. I've seen them, they hit quite higher than you and they can knock down, so be careful to not under-estimate them. And yes, they can 1 hit you with a critical and dagger desperate/crossbow extreme. They also got stealth and that's very annoying. But their attacks are slow, if they don't 1 hit you, you'll be able to survive and kill them, i fyou know what you're doing.

Wizards:
Luck based but won't kill you if you activate fanning spear. They wear garments and are pure int so you cut them out like butter. Don't be over confident though, they got a few tricks and they can 1 hit you if you are unaware.

Warlocks:
Harder to kill but still pure int with garments. They don't hit as high as wizards and they won't 1 hit kill you, but they can steal your health, delay your auto potions, stun you, debuff you... lots of things that won't kill you at first, but that will get you killed later on. Warlocks are probably the most dangerous pVP builds, it's normal that you will lose to them often. Your only chance is to 1 hit them with flying dragon.

-Clerics:
Unless they got sacrifice they can't kill you. 'Nuff said.

-Bards:
Same as for wizards, but weaker, so easier to own.


VI- Your pet

Image

They seem to hit low and be quite useless for some players, but for your they can help alot!
Soul Departs will sometimes fail to 1 hit kill, like when it doesn't hit a good critical, or when it does hit a critical but not enough to kill. Your pet will often hit enough to deal the finishing hit! You can also send him tank some aggro mob who is annoying you.
He is also very usefull because he gets to mobs before you (he runs faster) and thus you can lure some mobs to you to avoid getting kill stolen. If he attacks first you will also increase your chances of 1 hit finishing your enemy when you get to him. I personally think pets are really useful for this build and shouldn't be ignored. You can also buy the "grab n go" pets from item mall in case you want to lvl up faster.


VII- Using your skills in PvE and PvP


Image

-Belt Settings

For those who didn't knew, when you put skills into your belt (the thing with all the skills shown in the picture) you can activate those skills by pressing 1-0 keys in your keyboard. In this case, if I press 1, I'll activate chain spear tiger. The square with the M, in this case the one that has the fire imbue, can be activated by pressing your mouse wheel.

I think you should try this. use your keyboard keys instead of point & click. A lot of people still do point & click, when using your keyboard and mouse wheel is way faster and more efficient, you just need to get used to it then it's really easy.

Now let's talk about using those skills:

-In PvE

Level 1 - 5: You don't have any skills. Simply attack mobs.

Level 5 - 10: Now you got two new skills, the first in anhilhiating skills and also dancing demon spear, ignoring fanning spear and the imbue. Try to use them only if you're in danger to save more pots. Use the fire imbue alone more often.

Level 10 - 15: At lvl 14 you'll get your favorite skill: soul spear move! This skill is the one that deals massive damage, but also takes way more mana than the two other skills you've got. Use with caution at these levels :)
At these levels you should do: Click monster -> Click the key in your keyboard to activate dancing demon spear -> Click your mouse wheel button to activate fire imbue

Level 15 - 20: Here you get another cool skill, ghost spear petal. It's the one in that screenie above the skill guide, making all those fire rings around you.
At these levels you should do: Click monster -> Activate dancing demon/soul spear -> activate imbue

Level 20 - 30: Yet another cool skill, chain spear tiger. It hits three times, the third time being more powerful that the others.
At these levels you should do: Click monster -> soul spear/chain spear -> fire imbue

Level 30 - 40: This will get you flying dragon series, and the second soul departs move, which is a 2 chain attack.
At this levels you should do: Click monster -> Flying dragon flow/soul departs 1st or 2nd book -> fire imbue

Level 40 - 80: In these levels nothing special will happen. You'll get more books of the skills you already have, but nothing more than that. At these levels you will keep doing the same skills.

-In PvP

The only thing I can tell you here is to always start with soul departs. It's great for a good beginning, specially when you stun your opponent. Then use your intelligence (not your characters intelligence in game duh in real life) then you can finish him of with a chain attack. If you're fighting players who don't have ranged attack there is a good thing to do:
Soul Departs -> Ghost spear Prince -> Flying Dragon Flow

It works this way: Sould Departs stuns your enemy. Ghost Spear Prince knocks him back, flying dragon attacks him when he's in range, remember knock back puts your enemy into range. with or without the stun and knockback that 3 combo will deal massive damage.

-Other tips:
1-When grinding always take more mana potions that Hp potions.
2-Always use fanning spear in any PvP combat against chinese: even strength builds need imbue to deal more damage.
3-Always activate grass walk ,if you have it, when grinding.
4-When grinding avoid str bows and other ranged builds... you don't range and you'll most likely get KSed.
5-Always fight mobs like 2 levels below your character's level, otherwise the one hit critical with soul departs won't always work... the mob will have like 10-50 hp left. Well your pet is gonna finish him off so it's almost the same.
6-Don't bot :banghead:

Good luck and have fun with your all-mighty strength glavier!

Thank you for reading.





Please leave comments and tips to help me improve this guide!


Image


Last edited by Feataler on Sun May 18, 2008 7:43 am, edited 49 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:40 pm 
looking good so far.

will let more people comment. if its all positive, this will be added to the big
sticky in characters&skills section

<3


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:43 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
cin wrote:
looking good so far.

will let more people comment. if its all positive, this will be added to the big
sticky in characters&skills section

<3

I'm still gonna add a last part VI about PvE and PvP combat tactics labout what skills to use, potions and other stuff. People's comments will also be considered if they're right.

Thanks anyway


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:54 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
Hi. This is a well organized guide, easy to read and easy to understand. Good for new players, like me! =D

Anyway, I'm gonna follow this guide for my SRO journey, since Glaives are somewhat my favorite weapons (Like Conquer Online).

Thanks for the guide, and I'm looking forward to the unfinished section!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:09 pm 
Drunk wrote:
Anyway, I'm gonna follow this guide for my SRO journey, since Glaives are somewhat my favorite weapons (Like Conquer Online).

luls i used to <3 that game!

had full super socketed set, club-shield :]


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:09 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
cin wrote:
Drunk wrote:
Anyway, I'm gonna follow this guide for my SRO journey, since Glaives are somewhat my favorite weapons (Like Conquer Online).

luls i used to <3 that game!

had full super socketed set, club-shield :]


Aw. I only had a Lv. 29 Glavie Trojan. Full NPC suits, some Special and Refined.

Anyway, let's not get off-topic here yeah.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:19 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
Thats it I finished it. Tell me if you find any mistakes in my writting, sentences that don't sound so good or wrong information :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:34 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
Yo!

Nice guide, the PvE section was pretty well detailed.
Thanks for everything, gonna level my Glavier!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:50 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 162
Location:
Tibet
you forgot cold skills

_________________
Image
http://www.geocities.jp/z_gundam_tanosi ... /Main.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:09 pm 
Casual Member
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 70
Location:
Venice
Nice Guide :)
But PvP S/S easy too kill? I don't think so if they have snowshield on they Pwn imo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:24 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 523
Location:
Rome
v good guide and ur only lv 24 do u have any other experiance with other builds??

nice guide i hope to c more from u

_________________
Image
Build: Pure Nuker
Guild:EuroPeans_

there is no such thing as offline there is only AFK!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:11 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
silverbreed wrote:
v good guide and ur only lv 24 do u have any other experiance with other builds??

nice guide i hope to c more from u


I'm lvl 30 atm.

Ya there are some screenies from when I was lvl 24 i keep lots of screenies you know :) but those from when i was lvl 16 were deleted after the new patch :/

Anyway you don't need cold skill for a pure str build, but if you want I can also add them for those who want.

Also you see my point on hybrids is that to kill a str build you gotta hit high (wizards and nukers) or have even more defense (pure str blader) but you see, hybrids don't hit as high as you and they don't have lots of HP neither, so you see STR builds are very effective against them, specially str glavier and bower because they hit high.

Now obviously you can die to a hybrid as a pure str glavie, it all depends on how you play but still, the thing is that you have more chances of winning.

At the beginning I had set wizardd in red (hard to kill/can kill you) but you see it's based on luck, you got more chances of killing them that of killing a str blader.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:23 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 162
Location:
Tibet
you do need cold, more phy defense

_________________
Image
http://www.geocities.jp/z_gundam_tanosi ... /Main.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:32 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
sexy wrote:
you do need cold, more phy defense


-_- I already added cold to the skill part why are you saying this again?


Last edited by Feataler on Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:51 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4768
Location:
Off Topic
Quote:
So what is a pure str glavier?
They're the highest damage dealers among all the pure strength builds.


2h-Warrior hits Higher , Rogue hits Higher, Bow hits Higher.

Quote:
-You pwn every other build at PvP except pure str bladder

Ehm... NO

Quote:
-You don't use alot of HP potions

Since when? Pot spam is all they do

_________________
                                                       Image
                                                           Thanks Noobs_Slayer for signature.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:12 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
Nitrozz wrote:
Quote:
So what is a pure str glavier?
They're the highest damage dealers among all the pure strength builds.


2h-Warrior hits Higher , Rogue hits Higher, Bow hits Higher.

Quote:
-You pwn every other build at PvP except pure str bladder

Ehm... NO

Quote:
-You don't use alot of HP potions

Since when? Pot spam is all they do


Dude you sound like if you only checked out this guide in the only goal of flaming it :/

First point: Alright, you're maybe right. I changed it to "among the highest pure str damage dealers". Seems more correct now :)

Second point:............. no arguments? Please explain some stuff I may take into consideration.

Third point: Dude I know how many pots I use, right? I spam alot of mana pots, I already said that in the guide, but not HP pots.


Last edited by Feataler on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:18 am, edited 5 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:21 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 17293
Location: Ghosting around
Nice guide..the only thing I found a bit...stupid is that you are talking about dmg as an int with crit...1hit mobs same lvl...with crit. You talk about it like crits are very very often...but they aint =]

But like I said, nice guide (Y)

_________________
Image
Props to chrisorg for the sig <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:23 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
XMoshe wrote:
Nice guide..the only thing I found a bit...stupid is that you are talking about dmg as an int with crit...1hit mobs same lvl...with crit. You talk about it like crits are very very often...but they aint =]

But like I said, nice guide (Y)


Thanks!

Well you see, it depends on the glavie's critical. Of course, it doesn't happen often even with a 10 critical, but you see critical can go up to something like 16. With such a critical you should get criticals often.

But like glavies with 16 are very rare though.

Actually I didn't mean to say it happened often :/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:33 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 17293
Location: Ghosting around
Feataler wrote:
XMoshe wrote:
Nice guide..the only thing I found a bit...stupid is that you are talking about dmg as an int with crit...1hit mobs same lvl...with crit. You talk about it like crits are very very often...but they aint =]

But like I said, nice guide (Y)


Thanks!

Well you see, it depends on the glavie's critical. Of course, it doesn't happen often even with a 10 critical, but you see critical can go up to something like 16. With such a critical you should get criticals often.

But like glavies with 16 are very rare though.

Actually I didn't mean to say it happened often :/


Its not only the crit of the glaives but its luck too...=] non sox is 14 highes for glaive O_o I thought...but those are rare and very expensive, not everyone can get their hands on stuff like that, most people gotta do it with like C7 and lower

_________________
Image
Props to chrisorg for the sig <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:36 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
XMoshe wrote:
Feataler wrote:
XMoshe wrote:
Nice guide..the only thing I found a bit...stupid is that you are talking about dmg as an int with crit...1hit mobs same lvl...with crit. You talk about it like crits are very very often...but they aint =]

But like I said, nice guide (Y)


Thanks!

Well you see, it depends on the glavie's critical. Of course, it doesn't happen often even with a 10 critical, but you see critical can go up to something like 16. With such a critical you should get criticals often.

But like glavies with 16 are very rare though.

Actually I didn't mean to say it happened often :/


Its not only the crit of the glaives but its luck too...=] non sox is 14 highes for glaive O_o I thought...but those are rare and very expensive, not everyone can get their hands on stuff like that, most people gotta do it with like C7 and lower

Yeah I got a C7 right now. You see C7 isn't bad though, I already had a C10 it hits criticals quite more often that C7. Something like every 10-15 hits, well it can also hit every 40 hits sometimes, like you said it's about luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:27 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1108
Location:
Off Topic
Warrior:
Glaviers can easily die to them if they are level 40 (or was it 50?) and above because of iron skin. You'll be able to do just some damage. Also if they have sub cleric they have bless spell which makes it totally impossible to kill him. Therefore I'd mark him red and not green.

Rogues:
It's true, they do a lot of damage and they are able to kill about 10 levels higher glaviers, but it's a race... first hit first win.

That's my part to this guide, else it's great...

_________________
<< banned for proof of botting. -cin >>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:05 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
Nixie wrote:
Warrior:
Glaviers can easily die to them if they are level 40 (or was it 50?) and above because of iron skin. You'll be able to do just some damage. Also if they have sub cleric they have bless spell which makes it totally impossible to kill him. Therefore I'd mark him red and not green.

Rogues:
It's true, they do a lot of damage and they are able to kill about 10 levels higher glaviers, but it's a race... first hit first win.

That's my part to this guide, else it's great...


I ignored that such skills like iron skin existed. Then you are right, warriors can win because of massive defense, just like bladders. Right I'll make them red.

About rogues, they're in orange right? For me, when fights are about 1 hit kill, I'd rather say it's average because it's luck based. Just like for wizards, and when it's luck based, if one has more gaming skill than the other, one can win. Thus I'd say it's average.

Thanks for helping me improve this guide.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:59 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1108
Location:
Off Topic
Feataler wrote:
Nixie wrote:
Warrior:
Glaviers can easily die to them if they are level 40 (or was it 50?) and above because of iron skin. You'll be able to do just some damage. Also if they have sub cleric they have bless spell which makes it totally impossible to kill him. Therefore I'd mark him red and not green.

Rogues:
It's true, they do a lot of damage and they are able to kill about 10 levels higher glaviers, but it's a race... first hit first win.

That's my part to this guide, else it's great...


I ignored that such skills like iron skin existed. Then you are right, warriors can win because of massive defense, just like bladders. Right I'll make them red.

About rogues, they're in orange right? For me, when fights are about 1 hit kill, I'd rather say it's average because it's luck based. Just like for wizards, and when it's luck based, if one has more gaming skill than the other, one can win. Thus I'd say it's average.

Thanks for helping me improve this guide.
I didn't sa to change the rogues to red... :P
Just that they can beat 10 level higher glaviers if they're lucky...

_________________
<< banned for proof of botting. -cin >>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:59 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
Nixie wrote:
Feataler wrote:
Nixie wrote:
Warrior:
Glaviers can easily die to them if they are level 40 (or was it 50?) and above because of iron skin. You'll be able to do just some damage. Also if they have sub cleric they have bless spell which makes it totally impossible to kill him. Therefore I'd mark him red and not green.

Rogues:
It's true, they do a lot of damage and they are able to kill about 10 levels higher glaviers, but it's a race... first hit first win.

That's my part to this guide, else it's great...


I ignored that such skills like iron skin existed. Then you are right, warriors can win because of massive defense, just like bladders. Right I'll make them red.

About rogues, they're in orange right? For me, when fights are about 1 hit kill, I'd rather say it's average because it's luck based. Just like for wizards, and when it's luck based, if one has more gaming skill than the other, one can win. Thus I'd say it's average.

Thanks for helping me improve this guide.
I didn't sa to change the rogues to red... :P
Just that they can beat 10 level higher glaviers if they're lucky...


10 lvls is alot thoug, like beating someoe who has gear 1 degree above yours aint easy. but yeah, I already 1 hit killed a lvl 43 wizard so who knows...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1108
Location:
Off Topic
Feataler wrote:
Nixie wrote:
Feataler wrote:
Nixie wrote:
Warrior:
Glaviers can easily die to them if they are level 40 (or was it 50?) and above because of iron skin. You'll be able to do just some damage. Also if they have sub cleric they have bless spell which makes it totally impossible to kill him. Therefore I'd mark him red and not green.

Rogues:
It's true, they do a lot of damage and they are able to kill about 10 levels higher glaviers, but it's a race... first hit first win.

That's my part to this guide, else it's great...


I ignored that such skills like iron skin existed. Then you are right, warriors can win because of massive defense, just like bladders. Right I'll make them red.

About rogues, they're in orange right? For me, when fights are about 1 hit kill, I'd rather say it's average because it's luck based. Just like for wizards, and when it's luck based, if one has more gaming skill than the other, one can win. Thus I'd say it's average.

Thanks for helping me improve this guide.
I didn't sa to change the rogues to red... :P
Just that they can beat 10 level higher glaviers if they're lucky...


10 lvls is alot thoug, like beating someoe who has gear 1 degree above yours aint easy. but yeah, I already 1 hit killed a lvl 43 wizard so who knows...
It's the stealth skill that matters here... the rogue has the element of surprise... :D

_________________
<< banned for proof of botting. -cin >>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:30 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 151
Location:
Hera
this is simply a personal choice,
but in the cold skills
i find the Snowshield skill can really help when fighting
agro mobs the same lvl as you
for example.
I'm grinding Ongs in China looking for that ring
I'm lvl 34, and as we all know Ongs are Agro
and when multi mobs (+6) swarm me
if i activate snow shield lvl 1 the Damage goes from 100-138
to 60 which is really nice.
but i also admit if you have a full 5D SOS set
than you don't have to worry about the Ongs
since 5D SOS really does make a huge difference.

and About the Crit.
I found a SOS +3 Spear 5D
Crit 12(+58%)
even though i am a Pure STR glavie
the crits really are heaven :love:
so higher crits are always better ^_^ .

sorry for the length of the post :oops:

OH AND!!!!

Great Guide ^_^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:51 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
Hime_Sama wrote:
this is simply a personal choice,
but in the cold skills
i find the Snowshield skill can really help when fighting
agro mobs the same lvl as you
for example.
I'm grinding Ongs in China looking for that ring
I'm lvl 34, and as we all know Ongs are Agro
and when multi mobs (+6) swarm me
if i activate snow shield lvl 1 the Damage goes from 100-138
to 60 which is really nice.
but i also admit if you have a full 5D SOS set
than you don't have to worry about the Ongs
since 5D SOS really does make a huge difference.

and About the Crit.
I found a SOS +3 Spear 5D
Crit 12(+58%)
even though i am a Pure STR glavie
the crits really are heaven :love:
so higher crits are always better ^_^ .

sorry for the length of the post :oops:

OH AND!!!!

Great Guide ^_^


Nah dude it's ok I need long comments like yours to improve this guide, not short comments like "this build sucks" or "i think you should add that skill" without any arguments.

So I 'think I'll add snow shield and I'll comment it with your arguments since you seem to know about it, and I never had that skill. Anyway thanks for helping me improve the guide.

By the way Cin, will my guide be accepted in the big sticky then? Cause like if it's gonna be left here it will eventually go down to the third page ,where no one goes, and I don't see the point of updating it since it will become useless and everything I've done so far was a waste of time. It took me a lot of work and time to make this guide and people apparently think it's good.

But like right now I'm still updating, because the guide is still helping people, and some players are using this guide right now to make their build.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:21 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 284
Location: PORTUGAL
Feataler wrote:
Nitrozz wrote:
Quote:
So what is a pure str glavier?
They're the highest damage dealers among all the pure strength builds.


2h-Warrior hits Higher , Rogue hits Higher, Bow hits Higher.

Quote:
-You pwn every other build at PvP except pure str bladder

Ehm... NO

Quote:
-You don't use alot of HP potions

Since when? Pot spam is all they do


Dude you sound like if you only checked out this guide in the only goal of flaming it :/

First point: Alright, you're maybe right. I changed it to "among the highest pure str damage dealers". Seems more correct now :)

Second point:............. no arguments? Please explain some stuff I may take into consideration.

Third point: Dude I know how many pots I use, right? I spam alot of mana pots, I already said that in the guide, but not HP pots.


He's right my friend, you do use pots, you dont pwn all other builds in pvp... and trust me... there are other str builds who hit harder than you...

I'm not saying str glavie is not good... It's just that somethings aren't exactly true...

_________________
------------------------------
--------The Islam race?---------
------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:59 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 599
Location:
Venus
Magnum357x wrote:
Feataler wrote:
Nitrozz wrote:
Quote:
So what is a pure str glavier?
They're the highest damage dealers among all the pure strength builds.


2h-Warrior hits Higher , Rogue hits Higher, Bow hits Higher.

Quote:
-You pwn every other build at PvP except pure str bladder

Ehm... NO

Quote:
-You don't use alot of HP potions

Since when? Pot spam is all they do


Dude you sound like if you only checked out this guide in the only goal of flaming it :/

First point: Alright, you're maybe right. I changed it to "among the highest pure str damage dealers". Seems more correct now :)

Second point:............. no arguments? Please explain some stuff I may take into consideration.

Third point: Dude I know how many pots I use, right? I spam alot of mana pots, I already said that in the guide, but not HP pots.


He's right my friend, you do use pots, you dont pwn all other builds in pvp... and trust me... there are other str builds who hit harder than you...

I'm not saying str glavie is not good... It's just that somethings aren't exactly true...


I've already correct that stuff in case you didn't notice...

Cin, im still waiting for an answer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:58 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3303
Location: パズドラ
Not 2 bad of a guide... but I believe you need a bit more experience however :P


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group