Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dont flame please.. Spear Int Fire or lightning?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:58 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I was wondering if anyone has any guide on this? and which one should i go for fire or lightning.. please reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:22 am 
Site Contributor

You pure int or str?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:23 am 

from what i can tell, most pure int spear users are nukers, and get both fire and lightning, to have one to use while the other is cooling down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:26 am 
Site Contributor

^^

Yeah. But if your pure INT and dont want both skills i'd say lightning for a good nuke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:11 am 

If you're pure INT I suggest getting Lightning for the passive magic damage buffs and Ice for leveling. Fire will be nice later for nukes, but you won't have much HP and Ice will make leveling substantially easier. You can probably get away with 1 point in Ice River Force and then pass on the Ice tree, but slows are going to give you about 30-45% DR vs. a single target depending on your weapon. That's really nice, considering your HP pool will suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:21 am 
Frequent Member

Yes sir, but the point of a nuker is to kill them before they can touch you. My rule has become : if i cannot kill it with 3 nukes, I deserve to die :)... then again i'm about to be a 3force nuker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:22 am 

RaiKiRii wrote:
Yes sir, but the point of a nuker is to kill them before they can touch you. My rule has become : if i cannot kill it with 3 nukes, I deserve to die :)... then again i'm about to be a 3force nuker

You don't start out with nukes and you'll need some method of leveling yourself until you get them. Ice works nicely for that. Just don't put too many points in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:00 am 
Retired Admin

any int user needs lightning, period. the Piercing Force series is a must have for an int build. almost all the int users i know are dual forced in lightning and another force. i know people who swear by both, so the major selling points of each are:

-> fire has high dmg, and its status effect causes even more dmg over time.
-> ice, while weaker, has a killer status effect which could allow you to get more hits in without getting hit yourself (freeze/frostbite).

i am dual-forced in light and fire.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:16 pm 

Someone mind posting a quick video of someone nuking something? I'd much appreciate it. I'm not sure if I've seen it or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:51 pm 

It starts out looking like the person is casting a buff like weak guard of ice or piercing force, and finishes with a sort of "hadouken" motion which shoots out a projectile at the target, ball of fire/ice or streak of lightning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:08 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

pure int is might be good in early lvls, but when u fight the giants etc, bandits, get ganged up u will die really fast. which is why pure int sucks.. it sucks alot in pvp too, one nuke, and u die

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:54 am 
Frequent Member

kyo wrote:
pure int is might be good in early lvls, but when u fight the giants etc, bandits, get ganged up u will die really fast. which is why pure int sucks.. it sucks alot in pvp too, one nuke, and u die

thats really only if the Int char not really thinking man. Int-based characters have to play smart.. otherwise they would get owned like you say. But if they play smart, they are a formidable opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:33 pm 
Casual Member

kyo wrote:

haha, but when you are over level 30.. you will be nuking the mobbs of whatever before they reach you ( hopefully if youve done it right ) and giants, pfft, called a hp potion. also in Pvp, ice wall can and help if ur a ice nuker.. just level 3 in that is jsut over 1k extra protecting hp?
cast spell.. nuke inside it.. they have a few seconds to attack u again? dual nuke their ass's. :D

btw, anyone used the ice nukes? thats what im buildign on.. lightign nuke as main and ice as a second ( jsut dont liek fire lol )
anyone have ne pro's or cons on it? al i know is its very good to slow a whole mob down..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:45 pm 

Only prob with the lightning nuke is it will pull enemies in toward you and you'll find yourself dying a lot more, cause if your pure INT, your HP sucks. I went with both fire and lightning but my first shot will always be fire.

Bot? Buy Gold? Just a general asshole? No worries, you'll be loved.

From America? Prepare to be ass-raped.

>>Done with this forum<<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:02 pm 

banzaimonkey wrote:
RaiKiRii wrote:

You don't start out with nukes and you'll need some method of leveling yourself until you get them. Ice works nicely for that. Just don't put too many points in it.

You don't need ice. I have a pure INT nuker-to-be now, and I can three-hit kill just about anything my level, using just fire and the spear/glavie skills.

Anything below my level is no problem at all. They might hit me once, but not more than that.

EDIT: Actually, with a good combo I can probably two-hit kill everything my level.

EDIT II: I just tried a Soul Spear + Fire imbue combo on a Tiger Champion. Almost a one-hit kill. I'm lvl 16.

EDIT III: I just killed a few Chakji workers. According to this map they are lvl 20. I'm lvl 16. I can three-hit kill them: normal hit w/ fire imbue + Soul Spear w/ fire imbue + Dancing Demon Spear w/ fire imbue = dead Chakji worker. ;)