Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: [GUIDE] How to use Guides and Tutorials
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:31 am 
Buttsecks the Global Molester
Buttsecks the Global Molester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5716
Location: Maine, USA
Ok people, here's the deal.

Use the guides
This forum section is Guides and Tutorials, but is often seen as a normal
questions and answers section. Off course, i will not move all the questions
to Q&A for that would flood that section too much, but try to keep the
questions minimal.

Finding the Guides
Scrolling to the bottom of the Guides and Tutorials section will lead you to our archives.
Almost all the information in the original guides can be found in this topic
linked from the sticky in this section.

Posting a guide
Before you make a guide, see if there is already a guide like the one you
want to make. We have a lot of double guides, and most information in those
guides is similar. Read through the guides (i think per specific topic there is
about 3 guides now) and see if it is not better to just make some suggestions
on how that particular guide can be improved or updated. Double guides will
from now on NOT be stickied.
note: when posting a guide, i expect it to say [GUIDE] in front of
the topic name. otherwise i wont see it as a guide and it will not be stickied.

Linking guides
To answer newbie questions that are too obvious to explain (some newbies
keep on posting the same questions or keep asking question after question
on the same topic) so these questions can simply be answered by posting
a link to the guide in which the information can be found. I am not saying
that you have to do this all the time, but some people just never learn and
use this as some kind of private helpdesk, while others need our help
harder.

Section suggestions
For suggestions on this section, or guides you want stickied or unstickied,
post in this thread and i will have a look at it.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:30 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 577
Location:
Oasis
Nice work.

_________________
Image

IGN: xPaynex
Server: Oasis
Lvl: 6X
Guild: Oathkeepers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:30 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4490
Location:
Pacific
OMFG U DÝDN'T PUT [GUÝDE] ÝN FRONT OF UR TÝTLE!!!!!

Jk.

Very nice little post here :) Yes, I've noticed that guides and tutorials is basicly the exact same thing as questions and answers... Only this section will get the occational guide.


Also, http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=44230 should be stickied, although it's in the wrong section. Although one mod said that it was in the right section so... I dunno... I'm just saying stuff, lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:35 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 201
Location:
Red Sea
nice
but waiting till map translation

_________________
Red Sea >>> LORD_ZizO
Pure Str Archer 5x (fully farmed)&(som bow +5)

Odin >>> MR_ZizO
Pure Str Archer 2x
(farming - sun bow)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:36 am 
@raini

i put it in chars n skills stick


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:42 am 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4441
Location: Life
Dude, that little fat boy is scary. What's his name... Cartman? Awww, you'll scare away the noobs, Wessel! :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:59 am 
FenaCorp wrote:
Dude, that little fat boy is scary. What's his name... Cartman? Awww, you'll scare away the noobs, Wessel! :cry:


o shadap Jon :P

ill put in a garfield sig soon. garfield owns jon. 8)

anyways.. lets keep our insulting on the pm's okfenanoob xP?

this thread still open for suggestions on the section. :)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:04 am 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4441
Location: Life
cin wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:
Dude, that little fat boy is scary. What's his name... Cartman? Awww, you'll scare away the noobs, Wessel! :cry:


o shadap Jon :P

ill put in a garfield sig soon. garfield owns jon. 8)

anyways.. lets keep our insulting on the pm's okfenanoob xP?

this thread still open for suggestions on the section. :)


Haha, was just playing around, man. Love your name. :P What's wrong with Jon? Perfectly fine name. BTW, I think you're HOT. Let's go do something together, sometime, okay?
However... suggestions. Can't really think of any, honestly. Only thing I can think of is to make a PK2-subsection, but that's already been suggested. But I like how you're taking a Shadowman-like approach to answering repeatedly-asked questions. I'm sure he'd be proud, haha.

Fena, out for tonight. Gonna get me some RTS-time in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:08 am 
FenaCorp wrote:
cin wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:
Dude, that little fat boy is scary. What's his name... Cartman? Awww, you'll scare away the noobs, Wessel! :cry:


o shadap Jon :P

ill put in a garfield sig soon. garfield owns jon. 8)

anyways.. lets keep our insulting on the pm's okfenanoob xP?

this thread still open for suggestions on the section. :)


Haha, was just playing around, man. Love your name. :P What's wrong with Jon? Perfectly fine name. BTW, I think you're HOT. Let's go do something together, sometime, okay?
However... suggestions. Can't really think of any, honestly. Only thing I can think of is to make a PK2-subsection, but that's already been suggested. But I like how you're taking a Shadowman-like approach to answering repeatedly-asked questions. I'm sure he'd be proud, haha.

Fena, out for tonight. Gonna get me some RTS-time in.


i know u was playin. thats why i posted something in small letters LOLX :P

but ya. pk2 section not gonna happen we have to do with the sticky..

and yes im hot, but since your sig now sais "imnotagirl" i guess ill pass XP


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:41 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 820
Location:
Olympus
cin wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:
cin wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:
Dude, that little fat boy is scary. What's his name... Cartman? Awww, you'll scare away the noobs, Wessel! :cry:


o shadap Jon :P

ill put in a garfield sig soon. garfield owns jon. 8)

anyways.. lets keep our insulting on the pm's okfenanoob xP?

this thread still open for suggestions on the section. :)


Haha, was just playing around, man. Love your name. :P What's wrong with Jon? Perfectly fine name. BTW, I think you're HOT. Let's go do something together, sometime, okay?
However... suggestions. Can't really think of any, honestly. Only thing I can think of is to make a PK2-subsection, but that's already been suggested. But I like how you're taking a Shadowman-like approach to answering repeatedly-asked questions. I'm sure he'd be proud, haha.

Fena, out for tonight. Gonna get me some RTS-time in.


i know u was playin. thats why i posted something in small letters LOLX :P

but ya. pk2 section not gonna happen we have to do with the sticky..

and yes im hot, but since your sig now sais "imnotagirl" i guess ill pass XP


Hah i lol'd at that :P

My guide needing check for sticky :D

Thanks cin :)

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:28 am 
*added*

other guides -> scanning files.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:39 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 820
Location:
Olympus
cin wrote:
*added*

other guides -> scanning files.


Thank ya :D

Now for the waiting till the server inspection finishes :banghead:

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:17 am 
@cin

You may want to do a tech help link like Char & Skills in case people look here for error bugs.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:23 am 
shadowman20875 wrote:
@cin

You may want to do a tech help link like Char & Skills in case people look here for error bugs.


good call shadowman.

ill fix that today. do you like the layout so far? i tried to make it as easy-to-find
as possible :)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:11 am 
cin wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
@cin

You may want to do a tech help link like Char & Skills in case people look here for error bugs.


good call shadowman.

ill fix that today. do you like the layout so far? i tried to make it as easy-to-find
as possible :)

Yeah, it's really nice, much easier for m.... everyone. GJ


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:33 am 
shadowman20875 wrote:
cin wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
@cin

You may want to do a tech help link like Char & Skills in case people look here for error bugs.


good call shadowman.

ill fix that today. do you like the layout so far? i tried to make it as easy-to-find
as possible :)

Yeah, it's really nice, much easier for m.... everyone. GJ


tech added


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:39 pm 
@cin
Can you add names to the guides? In case someone is following a particular guide, don't know how the bookmark button works, and then wants to find that one particular guide again, one would need to go through all the related guides. (e.g. blade guide by xy)

Edit: Since you've used '[]' and '()' you should use '{}' :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:13 pm 
shadowman20875 wrote:
@cin
Can you add names to the guides? In case someone is following a particular guide, don't know how the bookmark button works, and then wants to find that one particular guide again, one would need to go through all the related guides. (e.g. blade guide by xy)

Edit: Since you've used '[]' and '()' you should use '{}' :D


ill try find out how that bookmark stuff works
is indeed a good plan :)

OR u should just name all ur bookmarks urself xP


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:56 pm 
cin wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
@cin
Can you add names to the guides? In case someone is following a particular guide, don't know how the bookmark button works, and then wants to find that one particular guide again, one would need to go through all the related guides. (e.g. blade guide by xy)

Edit: Since you've used '[]' and '()' you should use '{}' :D


ill try find out how that bookmark stuff works
is indeed a good plan :)

OR u should just name all ur bookmarks urself xP

I was talking about the bookmark button on your browser.

Edit:
I was thinking something on near this road-

Old: Trading guide [1] (general)

My thoughts: Trading Guide [1] (General) <<By: banzaimonkey>>

or

Another thought: Trading Guide [banzaimonkey] (General)

WOOT PINK!


Last edited by shadowman20875 on Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:57 pm 
shadowman20875 wrote:
cin wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
@cin
Can you add names to the guides? In case someone is following a particular guide, don't know how the bookmark button works, and then wants to find that one particular guide again, one would need to go through all the related guides. (e.g. blade guide by xy)

Edit: Since you've used '[]' and '()' you should use '{}' :D


ill try find out how that bookmark stuff works
is indeed a good plan :)

OR u should just name all ur bookmarks urself xP

I was talking about the bookmark button on your browser.


me too but im not sure if i should then change the topic names or if i can
make it have a seperate bookmark name. thats what ill sort out xP


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:02 pm 
cin wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
cin wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
@cin
Can you add names to the guides? In case someone is following a particular guide, don't know how the bookmark button works, and then wants to find that one particular guide again, one would need to go through all the related guides. (e.g. blade guide by xy)

Edit: Since you've used '[]' and '()' you should use '{}' :D


ill try find out how that bookmark stuff works
is indeed a good plan :)

OR u should just name all ur bookmarks urself xP

I was talking about the bookmark button on your browser.


me too but im not sure if i should then change the topic names or if i can
make it have a seperate bookmark name. thats what ill sort out xP

Not just the bookmarks, but the actual link name. (i.e. [ur*l="blankityblankshadowisadeity"]This Name[/ur*l])

Also: I edited last post, dunno if you read it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:03 am 
k ill get that done today


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:55 pm 
Cin Owns G&T /applause


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:55 pm 
done with the first bit of the sticky. if you like it, ill fix the rest too.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:46 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4441
Location: Life
shadowman20875 wrote:
Cin Owns G&T /applause


+1.

(Let's start a Chain here. :P)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:31 pm 
FenaCorp wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
Cin Owns G&T /applause


+1.

(Let's start a Chain here. :P)


nonononono G&T SPAM :x :P


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:39 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4441
Location: Life
cin wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
Cin Owns G&T /applause


+1.

(Let's start a Chain here. :P)


nonononono G&T SPAM :x :P


Oh, Cin just yelled at me. First GMilly says that she'd rather go out with a Kitty than me, and now this. :(

exality wrote:
Image


*Sniff* How much does one man have to suffer in a single day?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:57 pm 
awwwwwwwww i <3 that pic.

but any comments on the first row of guides in my big sticky?
i changed em so it says the creators name behind it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 am 
FenaCorp wrote:
cin wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:
shadowman20875 wrote:
Cin Owns G&T /applause


+1.

(Let's start a Chain here. :P)


nonononono G&T SPAM :x :P


Oh, Cin just yelled at me. First GMilly says that she'd rather go out with a Kitty than me, and now this. :(

exality wrote:
Image


*Sniff* How much does one man have to suffer in a single day?

Dunno if you checked your pms but yeah, sent it there.

And chains are bad... oops. :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:45 am 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4441
Location: Life
cin wrote:
awwwwwwwww i <3 that pic.

but any comments on the first row of guides in my big sticky?
i changed em so it says the creators name behind it.


We miss you, cin. :(

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group