This is why I don't believe in religion. I only believe in a higher power being existent. People tend to confuse the belief of a higher power, and the belief in a religious system.
im a muslim.. but im also 20 years old now and have been studying science / medicine.. and day by day i keep losing faith in allah. my sister was only 28 years old and she died from cancer. it makes you wonder what type of god would do that to a family let alone a person..
so this ramadan i will not be participating.. and im probably going to renounce my religion because in my eyes.. god does not exist anymore.
I'm actually ashamed of you. You're questining God just cause your sister had Cancer. Do you NOT KNOW ANYTHING about Islam? You're faith in Allah is extremely weak, almost none. So, I'm asking to stop going around and calling yourself a fatihfull Muslim. You're just emberassing Islam.
Who gave you that sister? God. Who took it away from you? God. Go read some books before you make statements lik that. If you actually knew anything at all, you would know that our Prophet (pbuh.) lost his Father, Mother, Uncle, most Relatives, lost 3 wives, lost sons.
So, don't you dare say what kind of God would do that.
No, his mother gave him his sister and not some kind of god.
Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 806 Location: Cabal online, Mars server
Its hopeless to stay ontopic but happy ramadan for all muslims out there:) Way more better fest than x-mas.
---- Also... Accusing God/Allah for the death's of you loved ones is not a sin. Losing faith because you cant accept someone so close to you died is not a sin. If there is a God/Allah, he is responsible for all what happens with us, because HE/SHE CREATED the world and also he/she knows everything, inclusive you, your sister, every soul is in his/her book. Still, he isnt evil or good, he/she is just a god. He does what he/she wants to do. Either we accept that or not. You cant change the way of life. You can accept it. If there is a god...
Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 5573 Location: Netherlands
Poor man just wants to wish his fellow Muslims a happy Ramadan and this kind of shit hits the fan and derails this into religion vs atheist. I used to be enthusiastic in trying to explain why there was, for me, no god. But lately I don't care any more. I guess I will have to accept there will always be people who believe in a god and it's also making a lot of people happy doing so, so just let it be. (Don't bring up the Islam 'teaching' violence now. Those people would've found some other cause to wage war anyways)
I'm a Muslim & i've been fasting since i was 7 now i'm 21 btw . It's a way to prove our faith to god . not to mention our well power . We love our god & our religion & we don't need a medical reason or another any other thing to tell us what to do or not to do to show our faith & love .
& btw sick,young & old people don't fast . Islam is not a closed minded religion as many of you think . we actually have much tolerance in what we do
Another thing we don't care about haters it's just show the difference between someone who loves his religion & someone who hates other religions w/o a reason aka a closed minded person .
I consider myself open minded and please tell me barotix where am I making a mistake? I was a devout christian for many years so I know a thing or two about religion, but I don't feel like making marathon posts about it like on some other forums so I'm absolutely blunt on this but I would like to see you ofy to make a post trying to persuade me as best as you can and I'll give you my arguments.
Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 806 Location: Cabal online, Mars server
DonBebek wrote:
I consider myself open minded and please tell me barotix where am I making a mistake? I was a devout christian for many years so I know a thing or two about religion, but I don't feel like making marathon posts about it like on some other forums so I'm absolutely blunt on this but I would like to see you ofy to make a post trying to persuade me as best as you can and I'll give you my arguments.
I consider myself open minded and please tell me barotix where am I making a mistake? I was a devout christian for many years so I know a thing or two about religion, but I don't feel like making marathon posts about it like on some other forums so I'm absolutely blunt on this but I would like to see you ofy to make a post trying to persuade me as best as you can and I'll give you my arguments.
We can't prove that there is no god, and we can't prove that there is. Any arguments that you may have will only be considered.. useless. You sound like a teenager who is angry with god. lol
im a muslim.. but im also 20 years old now and have been studying science / medicine.. and day by day i keep losing faith in allah. my sister was only 28 years old and she died from cancer. it makes you wonder what type of god would do that to a family let alone a person..
so this ramadan i will not be participating.. and im probably going to renounce my religion because in my eyes.. god does not exist anymore.
I'm actually ashamed of you. You're questining God just cause your sister had Cancer. Do you NOT KNOW ANYTHING about Islam? You're faith in Allah is extremely weak, almost none. So, I'm asking to stop going around and calling yourself a fatihfull Muslim. You're just emberassing Islam.
Who gave you that sister? God. Who took it away from you? God. Go read some books before you make statements lik that. If you actually knew anything at all, you would know that our Prophet (pbuh.) lost his Father, Mother, Uncle, most Relatives, lost 3 wives, lost sons.
So, don't you dare say what kind of God would do that.
first and foremost, fuck you.
do you know what its like for me? before you go pointing fingers at me and judging me why dont you listen to the real story.
my sister had cancer of the appendix. probably the rarest cancer on the planet. why she got it nobody knows. but the cancer got in her lymph system. it spread to her entire body. november she was a normal happy young woman but in may you could see the difference. it came to the point i didn't even want to go to the hospital to see her. and now i have to live with that shame and guilt every single day of my life. i skipped school to see her one day and all my family was there crying. she was asleep and i got the news she was going to die any day. not to mention my birthday was 2 weeks away. when she woke up she immediately started crying. do u know what it must have been like for her? i had to leave because i did not want to cry in front of her. she told my mom she was crying because she was scared she wouldnt see me anymore. the night before my sister died. me and my younger brother went to go see her in the hospital. she refused pain meds because they made her unconscious and she wanted to be able to interact with us.. i tried to make her laugh and stuff but the cancer was already so far gone in that it was even effecting her brain. my own sister a very intelligent and beautiful woman was suffering like this and i couldnt do anything to help her. the next morning she died while i was asleep. my mom was sleeping at the hospital with her. she said her last words were "help me". do you know how angry i was? do you know what it is like to know your sisters last words were fucking help me??? do u know what its like to have to see your mom and your dad both crying? and to end this nightmare me and my brother both have to work to help pay for the mortgage of the house because all our money went to my sisters surgeries. i might have to take semesters off from school to save up. i will have to raise my niece because her father is already dead and now her mother to. and my parents aren't getting any younger.
life for me is rough. im not getting any handouts or any bullsht like that im struggling so before you criticize me.. do me a favor you and allah go fuck yourself
_________________
Last edited by JuelzSantana on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm 17, and what does my age have to do with this. I'm not angry at god, I'm angry when threads like this show up and. Ofy why would you think that? I find these kind of insults really funny when you don't have anything to say and just bring up the age difference.
Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 806 Location: Cabal online, Mars server
ofy1993 wrote:
Spoiler!
Stephanus wrote:
Its hopeless to stay ontopic but happy ramadan for all muslims out there:) Way more better fest than x-mas.
---- Also... Accusing God/Allah for the death's of you loved ones is not a sin. Losing faith because you cant accept someone so close to you died is not a sin. If there is a God/Allah, he is responsible for all what happens with us, because HE/SHE CREATED the world and also he/she know everything, inclusive you, your sister, every soul is in his/her book. Still, he isnt evil or good, he/she is just a god. He does what he/she wants to do. Either we accept that or not. You cant change the way of life. You can accept it. If there is a god...
First of all, thank you and Happy Ramadan to you 2
Spoiler!
2nd, he is responsible for everything that happens around us but this is not a "fault". His sister died cause of Cancer and he "blames" God for it. That IS a sin.
His sister got Cancer from what, smoking or genetic. God didn't GIVE HER cancer. Yes, he gave cancer permission to kill her but every human's gonna taste death one day.
Your sister could get hit by a car and you'd have to accept it. She could suicide and you'd have to accept it. She can die by cancer and you'd still have to accept it.
3rd; How could God not be good? I mean look around you. He gives everything you have.
"He can give to whoever he wants to give, he can take from whoever he wants to take".
The homeless guy outside does not mean God doesn't like him. Nothing's known. Maybe God likes that homeless guy more then a billionaire that lives in that city.
If there is anything I'm missleading you on, be sure to ask me to reconfirm it because I don't wanna give any wrong info to anyone. Also, if you really do wonder and are interested in learning about Islam, be sure to go to the closest Mosque there is around you and learn from it's real source, or ask a real life Friend about it. Don't trust the internet cause I have seen MANY misleading sites on the internet.
Remember, the internet is not for religion :p
No sure not... its to understand how others feel. You see, you dont know the whole story. You dont know how others suffered or not. I told it wasnt a sin to accuse Allah, but Allah even wont take that as a sin. There are things what come at you... sometimes rly bad. BUT... this is how life is... sometimes accepting this is VERY hard... understanding others pain is also hard, but try it out once. ps: i just saw what Santana wrote...
I'm not saying it's easy for you. >-> It is proably extremely hard. You lost your sister.
My father lost his father when he was 7. He barely remembers what he looks like. He lost his mother last year as well. And yet, my father does not dare insult God or even blame God like that.
One of my mother's friend's son lost all his family (including my mom's friend).
Wait, why am I even doing this.
This thread is for Ramadan. And to Juelz, you need some serious help.
So Happy Ramadan to all Muslims in SRF and the World. Enjoy your fasting. May God be with you.
lol you criticize me and i need help because i flipped out on u?
Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 5570 Location: Being the forum ritalin
Santana is a firsthand witness to the bullshit that is religion. I bet after her(?) sister died, some priest or whatever the Muslim equivalent is, came up and said "Allah moves in mysterious ways."
Fact is, if there is a God or Allah, he doesn't give a flying fuck about the human race.
_________________ Quoted from BuDo (Except I Am Vegeta cuz we all know he is a used tampon when it comes to his personality)
Santana is a firsthand witness to the bullshit that is religion. I bet after her(?) sister died, some priest or whatever the Muslim equivalent is, came up and said "Allah moves in mysterious ways."
Fact is, if there is a God or Allah, he doesn't give a flying fuck about the human race.
he. my name is kareem xD
and yes you are right that is exactly what happened and people told me that i actually should be happy because shes in a better place..
yea. for the people who told me that and think that. u lose ur sister and i'll tell u the same and see how you like it
Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 5570 Location: Being the forum ritalin
My apologies on the sex mistake, your avatar + signature + JuelzSantana make it hard to tell lol.
Also apologies for you losing your sister, my family went through similar experience when my grandmother died, far as I know, most of them don't follow any religion anymore.
_________________ Quoted from BuDo (Except I Am Vegeta cuz we all know he is a used tampon when it comes to his personality)
My apologies on the sex mistake, your avatar + signature + JuelzSantana make it hard to tell lol.
Also apologies for you losing your sister, my family went through similar experience when my grandmother died, far as I know, most of them don't follow any religion anymore.
Happy Ramadan to all muslims. I have friends who are muslim and it always awes me how they manage to get through the day w/o food or water. They said they have a huge feast every night, dunno how true this is, but thats pretty nice. + our teachers go pretty easy on them at school, like if they have a hard time paying attention.
_________________ let it gooooo let it gooooOoOooOOOOOO
Let her suck my pistol She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out
You wanna know why I'm not even gonna bother to explain to you anything? It's cause you have such a thichk skull that no matter what I say, I know you won't change that stubborn dumb mind of yours so I'm not even bother. It's useless + wasting e-space (yes every byte counts)
You say he has a thick headed skull. What about you? You don't listen to what anyone says that isnt what you believe in.
People can discuss religion for ever. No one can really proove anything even if religion sounds crazy.
You wanna know why I'm not even gonna bother to explain to you anything? It's cause you have such a thichk skull that no matter what I say, I know you won't change that stubborn dumb mind of yours so I'm not even bother. It's useless + wasting e-space (yes every byte counts)
You say he has a thick headed skull. What about you? You don't listen to what anyone says that isnt what you believe in.
People can discuss religion for ever. No one can really proove anything even if religion sounds crazy.
Good luck on your ramadan.
that guy wasnt "discussing" religion .. he was attacking it.
Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 2631 Location: The Netherlands
JuelzSantana wrote:
ofy1993 wrote:
JuelzSantana wrote:
im a muslim.. but im also 20 years old now and have been studying science / medicine.. and day by day i keep losing faith in allah. my sister was only 28 years old and she died from cancer. it makes you wonder what type of god would do that to a family let alone a person..
so this ramadan i will not be participating.. and im probably going to renounce my religion because in my eyes.. god does not exist anymore.
I'm actually ashamed of you. You're questining God just cause your sister had Cancer. Do you NOT KNOW ANYTHING about Islam? You're faith in Allah is extremely weak, almost none. So, I'm asking to stop going around and calling yourself a fatihfull Muslim. You're just emberassing Islam.
Who gave you that sister? God. Who took it away from you? God. Go read some books before you make statements lik that. If you actually knew anything at all, you would know that our Prophet (pbuh.) lost his Father, Mother, Uncle, most Relatives, lost 3 wives, lost sons.
So, don't you dare say what kind of God would do that.
first and foremost, fuck you.
do you know what its like for me? before you go pointing fingers at me and judging me why dont you listen to the real story.
my sister had cancer of the appendix. probably the rarest cancer on the planet. why she got it nobody knows. but the cancer got in her lymph system. it spread to her entire body. november she was a normal happy young woman but in may you could see the difference. it came to the point i didn't even want to go to the hospital to see her. and now i have to live with that shame and guilt every single day of my life. i skipped school to see her one day and all my family was there crying. she was asleep and i got the news she was going to die any day. not to mention my birthday was 2 weeks away. when she woke up she immediately started crying. do u know what it must have been like for her? i had to leave because i did not want to cry in front of her. she told my mom she was crying because she was scared she wouldnt see me anymore. the night before my sister died. me and my younger brother went to go see her in the hospital. she refused pain meds because they made her unconscious and she wanted to be able to interact with us.. i tried to make her laugh and stuff but the cancer was already so far gone in that it was even effecting her brain. my own sister a very intelligent and beautiful woman was suffering like this and i couldnt do anything to help her. the next morning she died while i was asleep. my mom was sleeping at the hospital with her. she said her last words were "help me". do you know how angry i was? do you know what it is like to know your sisters last words were fucking help me??? do u know what its like to have to see your mom and your dad both crying? and to end this nightmare me and my brother both have to work to help pay for the mortgage of the house because all our money went to my sisters surgeries. i might have to take semesters off from school to save up. i will have to raise my niece because her father is already dead and now her mother to. and my parents aren't getting any younger.
life for me is rough. im not getting any handouts or any bullsht like that im struggling so before you criticize me.. do me a favor you and allah go fuck yourself
Jeez, you made me shed some tears Juelz, the story about your sister. So moving. I can relate it to my own grandma whom I lost to cancer.
OnT: Goodluck to all the muslims with the Ramadan.
_________________ ~ '' Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori ''
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum