Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Warlock
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:17 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
Location:
Sparta
I am currently trying to start over as a warlock, can anyone advise me on the basics? Is this also a pure int char? What kind of skills are worth getting?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:32 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
Hi, I'm doing a Warlock too. You definitely should go pure INT. Also I think you should get all the skills as you most likely are gonna use all of them. Most important I think are the Mind Control series (passives increasing your magical attack power + the duration of your attacks), the Dark Mentalist series (yes, all of them, they are your main skills as a Warlock as they cause status changes), maybe Raze series which weakens the enemy. At the beginning also Blood Flower is very important since it's kind of a small nuke and your primary attack at lower levels. Slumber is useful too. Perhaps one of the most important skills however is Vampire Touch; it sucks HP from the enemy and adds them to your own. This skill is essential for surviving. Of course Blood Aim, the passive skill which increases the amount of blood sucking in Vampire Touch is very helpful, too.

To sum up, regardless of what you skill, it will be useful. I think you can't really mess up a warlock. Just be sure to be pure INT! You mostly will be using the skills from the Dark Mentalist series and Vampire Touch, so be sure to keep them up-to-date. Maybe a higher lvl warlock could give some information, too, perhaps I forgot some important skills.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:35 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
Location:
Sparta
Yeah, I was making a wizard and I just cannot take that much dieing... But I like casters O_o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:42 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
If you use Vampire Touch and maybe Slumber regularly you have good chances to survive. So far I died twice with my Warlock, both times when fighting against several enemies at once :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:12 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 477
Location:
Venus
yeah, practically every warlock skill will be useful. I havent lvled up raze series though.

_________________
BlessedSoul - Battle Bard • Wartune - Warrior
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:22 pm 
New Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 45
go pure INT but you should add STR every 5 lv or so

so like so add like 14 to INT every 5 lv, and one to STR

you need HP. -_-

_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:35 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
Location:
Sparta
I don't know, can I really get everything? Seems like you cannot really farm sp here... and it takes a lot..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:07 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
Don't put points on STR, get a good shield + good armor instead! STR will only lower your attack power. And you needn't really SP farm. As you might have noticed, you'll only get skills every two levels. Do it like me: If I'm LVL 16, my masteries are at LVL 14. Then, when I get to LVL 17, I put my masteries to 16. When I'm 18, they remain at 16. I put my masteries to 18 as soon as I'm LVL 19. I call that a 1.5 gap. It works, I have somewhat low SP though, since I'm also skilling Cleric. But please, don't add STR, get a good BR 17+ shield rather 8)

Edit: If you should be low on SP somewhen, just focus on the skills I considered as being the most important in my first posting in this thread (Dark Mentalist series, Vampire Touch & the passives). As long as those stay up to date, you'll be fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:40 pm 
New Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 45
I'm not saying to do a 2:1 INT STR hybrid

But I'm saying 95% of your stast should be in INT but the other should bein STR

That 120 HP points could be life or death

_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:26 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
Yeah they COULD be but if he put just 120 HP on his chest or legs putting points on STR would not be necessary. Sure, then he'd have maybe even 120 HP more but then a monster could come which makes 1 more DMG than he'd have HP and he'd die anyway. So he'd have to add even more to STR to be really sure. Even a pure STR can die. You cannot really be sure not to die. I doubt there will be that many situations when ~120 HP save him. Either he'll survive or he'll die because the monster makes more damage than he'd have HP even with the 120 additional. He should go pure INT imo. A shield with BR 17+ will save his life much more likely than some HP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:37 am 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
Location:
Sparta
Funny thing is, a bit after you posted talking about a good shield this dropped.

Image[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:14 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
Nice drop :shock:

However, also on higher degrees you should not hesitate to spend some gold on good shields. It does not necessarily need to be SOS but should have a BR of 16 minimum. Believe me, it helps :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:20 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
Location:
Sparta
Happen to know what that shield is worth on sparta? O.o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:11 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
Location:
Sparta
What dark mentalist skills should I use? There are so many x_X


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:01 am 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 137
Silver.FoX wrote:
What dark mentalist skills should I use? There are so many x_X

the max you can use on an enemy is two @_@.... so get two untill u can get the aoe ones use them in a combo when partying. 2 DoTs working sounds bad but its pretty good combined with flower spell and shadow armor

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group