|
|
Silkroad Online
|
|
Silkroad Forums
|
|
Affiliates
|



|
|
View unanswered posts | View active topics
| Author |
Message |
|
Krushrpants
|
Post subject: Lvl 90 cap and 300 masteries? Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:18 am |
|
| Banned User |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 174 Location:
|
_________________ <<banned from SRF for bot support. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
the_wicked
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:20 am |
|
| Veteran Member |
 |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 3820 Location: Whisperwind [US-PVE]
|
|
no, and just decide: Power vs. Tank
90 ice 90 wep and 90 light = more tank ability w/ snow and might guard
90 fire 90 light 90 wep 30 cold = You can take a little more damage and deal a lot, but you only have about a 25% snow shield.....so its not like mega tank ability....
IF you're pure int s/s go fire light bich with 30 ice, since the shield allows for a little tank anyway (at least in my opinion)
Spear should go for more defense...
YOu'll hafta drop a element and go wep, or go pure nuker
_________________

|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
WhereIsOsama
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:22 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 305
|
|
Confirmed is 300 up to 100 cap ..... and from what I have already discussed with some of my friends, it is suppose to stay 300 mastery cap for the rest of the game.
If I remember correctly, when I was in beta, a Joymax moderator stated that you should build your character on only 2 masteries. But then again, that was a long time ago and I am not exactly sure.
_________________ ***** WHERE IS OSAMA !!!??? ****

"Joymax is like a terrorist, you can't find them yet you know they are watching." - WIO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
jarrod
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:23 am |
|
| Active Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 708 Location:
|
|
pure int whether s/s or spear need the ice badly....
_________________ Hexagon/SUperbanana Oasis QUIT!
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Krushrpants
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:26 am |
|
| Banned User |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 174 Location:
|
WhereIsOsama wrote: Confirmed is 300 up to 100 cap ..... and from what I have already discussed with some of my friends, it is suppose to stay 300 mastery cap for the rest of the game.
If I remember correctly, when I was in beta, a Joymax moderator stated that you should build your character on only 2 masteries. But then again, that was a long time ago and I am not exactly sure.
mmm... that makes me rather unhappy >_>
Not that Ill have to lvl down a lot of things, but... why do they want to limit people like that? [Although, it makes sense from a business standpoint because people will buy the 100% Skill reallocation pots from the item mall to down lvl their skills.  ]
_________________ <<banned from SRF for bot support. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
the_wicked
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:29 am |
|
| Veteran Member |
 |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 3820 Location: Whisperwind [US-PVE]
|
jarrod wrote: pure int whether s/s or spear need the ice badly....
while that be true, i was merely recommending that the only build that could benefit from 90 fire, wep, light would be s/s since it has the shield for xtra protection
most ppl are just going 90 cold wep light
i do know a few pure nukers, fire light cold maxed....its not that bad of a build, but it lacks in the pvp a lot....nuke shouting doesn't really hurt that badly
_________________

|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Pawnage
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 am |
|
| Frequent Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 1179 Location:
|
|
thats what i luv about euros =D
you can only hav 2 masteries so u don't hav to worry about that
_________________ Silkroad Quitter <3
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
the_wicked
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 am |
|
| Veteran Member |
 |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 3820 Location: Whisperwind [US-PVE]
|
|
lol, well thats what i love about blader, no decisions =D
fire light bicheon FTW
_________________

|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Love
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:32 am |
|
| Elite Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 5336 Location:
|
kinda blows man but not much we can do about it maybe cry a bit helps? this game was better the way i see it at cap 70 couse we could get more skills therefore every1 could be unique in their own way like spear/sword this cant be really done anymore sucks also some people would get healing in the past now a day finding some1 with force is very rare when lord yarkan came out i remember that a guildi of mine heal my GM to take him down he got the first server kill but that is gone now sorta also the more skills a player has the more powerful he is i think it was a nice way to gain power in game wihtout being a gear who** i dont think paying 2 grand for a full sun set is how players should gain power farming is a ncie way to set players aside if you ask me and that is how i feel 
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
WhereIsOsama
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:34 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 305
|
Krushrpants wrote: WhereIsOsama wrote: Confirmed is 300 up to 100 cap ..... and from what I have already discussed with some of my friends, it is suppose to stay 300 mastery cap for the rest of the game.
If I remember correctly, when I was in beta, a Joymax moderator stated that you should build your character on only 2 masteries. But then again, that was a long time ago and I am not exactly sure. mmm... that makes me rather unhappy >_> Not that Ill have to lvl down a lot of things, but... why do they want to limit people like that? [Although, it makes sense from a business standpoint because people will buy the 100% Skill reallocation pots from the item mall to down lvl their skills.  ]
Well, if you think about many other mmos, you are not suppose to have every ability.
When I was in Csro and Ksro, most of my Asian friends who spoke English said that most of the str based builds are going to build with 1 main and 2 subs or 2 main.
For example, 140 Huek, 60 light, 100 fire for a glaive. And alot of the ints are just ice light, light fire, or light force.
It makes sense, but I say don't build over 3 masteries for now. Just wait and see what Ksro does, then you can base your build off of their update.
I myself am a 2 mastery build. I will be damned if I spend money to delvl my skills.
_________________ ***** WHERE IS OSAMA !!!??? ****

"Joymax is like a terrorist, you can't find them yet you know they are watching." - WIO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Foloroth
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:36 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 278 Location: Earth
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Krushrpants
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:37 am |
|
| Banned User |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 174 Location:
|
the_wicked wrote: jarrod wrote: pure int whether s/s or spear need the ice badly.... while that be true, i was merely recommending that the only build that could benefit from 90 fire, wep, light would be s/s since it has the shield for xtra protection most ppl are just going 90 cold wep light i do know a few pure nukers, fire light cold maxed....its not that bad of a build, but it lacks in the pvp a lot....nuke shouting doesn't really hurt that badly
Im lv 58 int hybrid [if you want to call it that, ive been putting pure int on since lvl 24, IDK what I had before that] I use my main fire nuke, [the flame wave attack] and then follow up with a ghost spear prince attack - it works great for PVP, and with my build, I can usually 1 or 2-hit people a few levels higher than me.
_________________ <<banned from SRF for bot support. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
WhereIsOsama
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:38 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 305
|
Foloroth wrote: What about 150 cap ?
I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly it should be 140.
I know Nightbloom or Fly had stated that it is 140 max cap. But you never know with Joymax. 
_________________ ***** WHERE IS OSAMA !!!??? ****

"Joymax is like a terrorist, you can't find them yet you know they are watching." - WIO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Krushrpants
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:39 am |
|
| Banned User |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 174 Location:
|
WhereIsOsama wrote: Krushrpants wrote: WhereIsOsama wrote: Confirmed is 300 up to 100 cap ..... and from what I have already discussed with some of my friends, it is suppose to stay 300 mastery cap for the rest of the game.
If I remember correctly, when I was in beta, a Joymax moderator stated that you should build your character on only 2 masteries. But then again, that was a long time ago and I am not exactly sure. mmm... that makes me rather unhappy >_> Not that Ill have to lvl down a lot of things, but... why do they want to limit people like that? [Although, it makes sense from a business standpoint because people will buy the 100% Skill reallocation pots from the item mall to down lvl their skills.  ] Well, if you think about many other mmos, you are not suppose to have every ability. When I was in Csro and Ksro, most of my Asian friends who spoke English said that most of the str based builds are going to build with 1 main and 2 subs or 2 main. For example, 140 Huek, 60 light, 100 fire for a glaive. And alot of the ints are just ice light, light fire, or light force. It makes sense, but I say don't build over 3 masteries for now. Just wait and see what Ksro does, then you can base your build off of their update. I myself am a 2 mastery build. I will be damned if I spend money to delvl my skills.
At this point, I cant see myself even ever getting to level 80 before losing interest in the game [yes, its been a year and a half... but...] - I might as well just plan out the 80-80-80-60 build ;D
_________________ <<banned from SRF for bot support. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
the_wicked
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:40 am |
|
| Veteran Member |
 |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 3820 Location: Whisperwind [US-PVE]
|
Krushrpants wrote: the_wicked wrote: jarrod wrote: pure int whether s/s or spear need the ice badly.... while that be true, i was merely recommending that the only build that could benefit from 90 fire, wep, light would be s/s since it has the shield for xtra protection most ppl are just going 90 cold wep light i do know a few pure nukers, fire light cold maxed....its not that bad of a build, but it lacks in the pvp a lot....nuke shouting doesn't really hurt that badly Im lv 58 int hybrid [if you want to call it that, ive been putting pure int on since lvl 24, IDK what I had before that] I use my main fire nuke, [the flame wave attack] and then follow up with a ghost spear prince attack - it works great for PVP, and with my build, I can usually 1 or 2-hit people a few levels higher than me.
um, what did that have to do with what i said?
_________________

|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
San
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:41 am |
|
| Loyal Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1562 Location:
|
WhereIsOsama wrote: Foloroth wrote: What about 150 cap ? I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly it should be 140. I know Nightbloom or Fly had stated that it is 140 max cap. But you never know with Joymax. 
nobodies even gonna get to lvl 140 without botting, unless they have no life, and some super duper ticket with 500000% exp comes out
and....str builds ftw -.-"
just fire/light/weapon
_________________
 fena
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
WhereIsOsama
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:42 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 305
|
the_wicked wrote: jarrod wrote: pure int whether s/s or spear need the ice badly.... while that be true, i was merely recommending that the only build that could benefit from 90 fire, wep, light would be s/s since it has the shield for xtra protection most ppl are just going 90 cold wep light i do know a few pure nukers, fire light cold maxed....its not that bad of a build, but it lacks in the pvp a lot....nuke shouting doesn't really hurt that badly
3 maxed lion shouts used back to back is the same as a nuke just a little weaker and faster then a regular nuke. Only problem is if you get KD or stunned.
But i find it useful. But it's a matter of opinion and build type I suppose.
And I will agree with you on the fire light wep, s/s comment.
_________________ ***** WHERE IS OSAMA !!!??? ****

"Joymax is like a terrorist, you can't find them yet you know they are watching." - WIO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
the_wicked
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:42 am |
|
| Veteran Member |
 |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 3820 Location: Whisperwind [US-PVE]
|
i myself will not play past 100, maybe 110 if i care enough...but i doubt it...
100 cap is going to rox for str builds, either 100 100 100 or 100 100 80 20 for snow shield lvl 1 
_________________

|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
WhereIsOsama
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:45 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 305
|
the_wicked wrote: i myself will not play past 100, maybe 110 if i care enough...but i doubt it... 100 cap is going to rox for str builds, either 100 100 100 or 100 100 80 20 for snow shield lvl 1 
Check this video out of a s/s 90,90,90 tanking 3 people.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0J7YEPSfsk4
INT FTW !!!
_________________ ***** WHERE IS OSAMA !!!??? ****

"Joymax is like a terrorist, you can't find them yet you know they are watching." - WIO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
the_wicked
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:47 am |
|
| Veteran Member |
 |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 3820 Location: Whisperwind [US-PVE]
|
i just thought of a good s/s build for lvl 90
90 fire 90 light 70 bicheon 50 cold
You still get like a 35% snow shield or so, with triple stabs and chains (excluding lightning chain) unless you wana drop cold a bit for 73 wep
you get mad power in nuking + you wont lose much in wep skils, since attacks are based on imbue, and you still get decent defense + combinations
but i asume it will get torn apart by the community 
_________________

|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Krushrpants
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:49 am |
|
| Banned User |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 174 Location:
|
San wrote: WhereIsOsama wrote: Foloroth wrote: What about 150 cap ? I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly it should be 140. I know Nightbloom or Fly had stated that it is 140 max cap. But you never know with Joymax.  nobodies even gonna get to lvl 140 without botting, unless they have no life, and some super duper ticket with 500000% exp comes out
I know - and according to the Char. build thingy, it will take almost 90K SP just to lvl up a single mastery from 139 to 140. Better start farming now! xD
_________________ <<banned from SRF for bot support. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
the_wicked
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:50 am |
|
| Veteran Member |
 |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 3820 Location: Whisperwind [US-PVE]
|
|
F that
i refuse to farm that much =.=
i will farm for 100 just to get the UbEr chain =D
i think i can deal with farming lke 600k more =.= should only take me a YEAR
_________________

|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
darkmaster21
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:52 am |
|
| Ex-Staff |
 |
 |
Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 2156 Location:
|
WhereIsOsama wrote: If I remember correctly, when I was in beta, a Joymax moderator stated that you should build your character on only 2 masteries. But then again, that was a long time ago and I am not exactly sure.
And I remember reading that Morningdew said the same thing. Get only 2 mastery's, less farming, faster leveling, better in the end.
_________________
cSRO / Division 2 / Pure STR Bow / Lv 65
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
WhereIsOsama
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:52 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 305
|
Krushrpants wrote: San wrote: WhereIsOsama wrote: Foloroth wrote: What about 150 cap ? I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly it should be 140. I know Nightbloom or Fly had stated that it is 140 max cap. But you never know with Joymax.  nobodies even gonna get to lvl 140 without botting, unless they have no life, and some super duper ticket with 500000% exp comes out I know - and according to the Char. build thingy, it will take almost 90K SP just to lvl up a single mastery from 139 to 140. Better start farming now! xD
If you were only 2 masteries, it would not be as bad as you think. And besides, the Ch' in cave has a crazy spawn rate in certain areas. And I am sure they will increase spawn rates the higher you go.
But I do know, that 60k sp for the lvl 98 imbue is going to crazy
_________________ ***** WHERE IS OSAMA !!!??? ****

"Joymax is like a terrorist, you can't find them yet you know they are watching." - WIO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Niani
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:01 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 272 Location:
|
It was there way back in beta, and it's still there...

_________________ lvl 94 94 Rogue 60 1h warrior sub DRACULA Guild
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
WhereIsOsama
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:13 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 305
|
Niani wrote: It was there way back in beta, and it's still there... 
Thank you for confirming it. I do not know many people who played with me back in beta anymore because they all left.
But it shows me that I was right some what for all these years.
_________________ ***** WHERE IS OSAMA !!!??? ****

"Joymax is like a terrorist, you can't find them yet you know they are watching." - WIO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Krushrpants
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:16 am |
|
| Banned User |
 |
Joined: May 2007 Posts: 174 Location:
|
WhereIsOsama wrote: Niani wrote: It was there way back in beta, and it's still there...  Thank you for confirming it. I do not know many people who played with me back in beta anymore because they all left. But it shows me that I was right some what for all these years.
Idk, but to me it seems like most lvl 80's arent doing only 2 masteries in hopes of future updates, 42 arbitrary units of time from now.
Oh, well, at least I have my answer ;D
_________________ <<banned from SRF for bot support. -SG>>
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Lixiae
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:28 am |
|
| Active Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 634 Location:
|
darkmaster21 wrote: WhereIsOsama wrote: If I remember correctly, when I was in beta, a Joymax moderator stated that you should build your character on only 2 masteries. But then again, that was a long time ago and I am not exactly sure. And I remember reading that Morningdew said the same thing. Get only 2 mastery's, less farming, faster leveling, better in the end.
No offense but, youd rather have a crappy char for 3 years in the hopes that you will simply not have to delvl skills--IF--this game lasts to the 150 cap? Seems pretty silly.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
WhereIsOsama
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:32 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 305
|
Lixiae wrote: darkmaster21 wrote: WhereIsOsama wrote: If I remember correctly, when I was in beta, a Joymax moderator stated that you should build your character on only 2 masteries. But then again, that was a long time ago and I am not exactly sure. And I remember reading that Morningdew said the same thing. Get only 2 mastery's, less farming, faster leveling, better in the end. No offense but, youd rather have a crappy char for 3 years in the hopes that you will simply not have to delvl skills--IF--this game lasts to the 150 cap? Seems pretty silly.
Would you rather 9 gap farm at 100? or be intelligent and build your character for the future, while not having to go over a 3 gap to farm. You haven't seen the sp requirements for later lvls apparently.
Sorry to tell you this, but this game is suppose to be team oriented. And it's not about being the strongest person in the server.
And people wonder why everyone buys gold and bots.
_________________ ***** WHERE IS OSAMA !!!??? ****

"Joymax is like a terrorist, you can't find them yet you know they are watching." - WIO
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
Niani
|
Post subject: Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:33 am |
|
| Regular Member |
 |
 |
Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 272 Location:
|
Lixiae wrote: darkmaster21 wrote: WhereIsOsama wrote: If I remember correctly, when I was in beta, a Joymax moderator stated that you should build your character on only 2 masteries. But then again, that was a long time ago and I am not exactly sure. And I remember reading that Morningdew said the same thing. Get only 2 mastery's, less farming, faster leveling, better in the end. No offense but, youd rather have a crappy char for 3 years in the hopes that you will simply not have to delvl skills--IF--this game lasts to the 150 cap? Seems pretty silly.
well think about all the extra SP you could have with only having 2 masteries
_________________ lvl 94 94 Rogue 60 1h warrior sub DRACULA Guild
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
Who is online |
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests |
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum
|
|