Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Alchemy Terms Explained
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:05 pm 
Loyal Member

Well, i have been asked questions by a few different people about the stats and blues on items. I prepared a long response for one of those people and decided to post cause i have seen these questions asked quite a bit. Here it goes:

Below is a basic explaination:
Physical Defence: 28.4 (+22%)
Description: Defence Added: How much better than NPC armor

Basically, from what you can see above, the higher the % in brackets, the higher the stat is compared to NPC gear (NPC gear will always have (+0%)...and therefore better. Its always ideal to have the highest % possible beside a white stat (white stats are the ones located on the top of the item, IE, not the blue stats added).

Now that you know how that works, i will work into the blues. There are a few different blues that can be added, depending on whether its a piece of armor, a weapon, or a shield

Armor:
INT (Int Tablet): Adds INT stats to your character. Doing so will increase your total MP and Magical Defence as well as increase magical damage.

STR (Str Tablet): Adds STR stats to your character. Doing so will increase your total HP and Physical Defence as well as increase physical damage.

Durability (Masters Tablet): Adds an additional percentage of durability to your item.

Parry Ratio (Dodging Tablet): Adds Parry Ratio. Parry ratio will decrease the damage taken.

HP (Stamina Tablet) **NOTE** Can only be added to Legs, Chest, and Head pieces: Adds additional HP. Self explanitory.

MP (Magic Tablet) **NOTE** Can only be added to Legs, Chest, and Head pieces: Adds additional MP. Self explanitory.

Weapons:
INT (Int Tablet): Adds INT stats to your character. Doing so will increase your total MP and Magical Defence as well as increase magical damage.

STR (Str Tablet): Adds STR stats to your character. Doing so will increase your total HP and Physical Defence as well as increase physical damage.

Durability (Masters Tablet): Adds an additional percentage of durability to your item.

Attack Rating (Strikes Tablet): Adds Attack Rating. Attack rating will help you hit closer to your maximum damage. IE. Your physical attack is 200-325, a higher attack rating will help you consistently hit closer to 325.

Block Ratio (Discipline Tablet): Adds Block Ratio. This will lessen the chance of a block when attacking an enemy with a shield.

Shields:

Critical (Penetration Tablet): This adds Critical. This will lessen the chance that an enemy will hit for a Critical.

Special Stats for All Types:
Steady (Steady Tablet): This adds a Steady stat. This will prevent the item from losing permanent durability when trying to enchant (+) an item to, or above +5.

Lucky (Lucky Stone) **NOTE** You can NOT get lucky tablets. These stones are obtained by breaking items: This adds a Lucky stat. This acts just as a Lucky Powder does. Increases chances for successful enchantment.

Immortal (Immortal Stone) **NOTE** You can NOT get Immortal tablets. These stones are supplied through the Item Mall in-game. You have to pay real money for these.: This adds an Immortal Stat. Immortal will prevent an item from being destroyed when trying to enchant an item from +5 to +6, or higher. I have always thought that it was +4 to +5 or higher. I had a chat with a few people that have gone for +7 weapons and they stated that going from +4 to +5, an Immortal was NEVER used, but going from +5 to +6 or higher, Immortal WAS used.

Astral (Astral Stone) **NOTE** You can NOT get Astral tablets. These stones are supplied through the Item Mall in-game. You have to pay real money for these.: This adds an Astral stat. Astral keeps an item that is ALREADY +4, at +4 if enchantment fails. IE. Going from +4 to +5 fails. With Astral, your item will stay +4. Without Astral, your item will become +0 on a fail. The number of Immortals MUST BE EQUAL OR GREATER than the number of Astrals on an item. IE you can not have 1 Astral and 0 Immortals. You CAN have 1 Astral and 1 Immortal.

With Astral, Immortal, Lucky, and Steady. The stat will be decreased by 1 when needed. IE Astral 1, you fail from +4 to +5, the item will stay a +4, and the Astral will dissapear.

I hope this was clear. :D

If you see anything that needs to be modified, please let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: I dug up the best explaination for Physical and Magical reinforce on weapons from this thread:

http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic ... =reinforce

NuclearSilo wrote:
Tallrik wrote:
"Phys reinforce affects how fast durability will go down on your weapon when using Phys. Attacks, and Mag Reinforce works the same way on mag. attacks"

false

Quote:
str is about physical aspect. The higher, the better your crits, physical resistance, physical damge, life span.

int is about magical aspect. The higher, the better your magic attack, magical resistance, and mana span.

false

and all are false.......

Phy/Mag have nothing to do with durability, but with your stat base. It's the bonus of damage added when u equip your weapon. Here is an exemple :

The mag power of my blade 56+3 is 705. With a mag reinforce 166.3%, and with 207 Int comes from my build, the bonus mag power when equip the weapon is 207*166.3%=344.2. So my final power when equip the weapon is 705+344.2=1049.2.

mag power (when weapon equiped) = mag power (weapon) + [mag reinforce (weapon) * Int]

Same with phy reinforce but apply with str.
Same with reinforce for defensive equip

Thanks NuclearSilo

I will find the equation for Physical Reinforcement. I know you have to add the % from your weapon mastery in there.

Doru wrote:
The formulas are:
Mag. Atk = Mag. attack power + (Int stat * Mag. Reinforce)
Phy. Atk = [Phy. attack power + (Str stat * Phy. Reinforce)] * [1 + weapon mastery/100]

Thanks Doru

Again. If you see anything that needs editing. Please let me know. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:35 pm 

Nice guide - pretty thorough :)

Y.

Gnothi Seatuon

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:27 pm 
Common Member

+1
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:37 am 
Frequent Member

this should be stickied

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:51 am 
Loyal Member

Mage Pker wrote:
this should be stickied

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:05 pm 

Ok, great guide, but I have a weapon that doesn't fit your profile above. More than likely I just don't understand it.

I have a lvl 52 Glavie

Phy Attack Power = 546-650 (+0%)
Mag Attack Power = 824-960 (+22%)

Durability 133 (0%)

Now for the blue....

Str 4 (75%)
Int 2 (25%)
Durability 80% Increase (+63%)

My question is if I have a Str increase of 4 then why is the Phy attack power at +0% ? What do I do to increase it? Or do I need to?

Also, if the Durability has an 80 increase then why is it a (+0%). If there is an increase and it is above the NPC level (which I assume a durability 80 increase would push it over the NPC level) then why does it still show +0%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:18 pm 

The reinforce thing helped SOOO much.

Now I'm gonna use stones to get my reinforcement up, so I'll be super strong :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:23 pm 
Frequent Member

bump=\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:33 pm 
Loyal Member

Thanks for the bumpage. Sorry about the non-existent updates....been too busy trying to keep up with my GT :(

There WILL be a major update to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:38 pm 
Loyal Member

TheMoose wrote:
Ok, great guide, but I have a weapon that doesn't fit your profile above. More than likely I just don't understand it.

I have a lvl 52 Glavie

Phy Attack Power = 546-650 (+0%)
Mag Attack Power = 824-960 (+22%)

Durability 133 (0%)

Now for the blue....

Str 4 (75%)
Int 2 (25%)
Durability 80% Increase (+63%)

My question is if I have a Str increase of 4 then why is the Phy attack power at +0% ? What do I do to increase it? Or do I need to?
The blue STR stat has nothing to do with the White Physical Attack stat. In order to change the Physical Attack stat, you need to use a Ruby Stone of Courage

Also, if the Durability has an 80 increase then why is it a (+0%). If there is an increase and it is above the NPC level (which I assume a durability 80 increase would push it over the NPC level) then why does it still show +0%
The blue durability stat is a stacker, or multiplier of the base white duro stat. There is no stone to change the white duro stat %.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:53 pm 
good guide EllisD. was about time somebody made this :)

+1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:49 am 
Frequent Member

Nice Guide :D
But one pointer though,
"Block Ratio (Discipline Tablet): Adds Block Ratio. This will lessen the chance of a block when attacking an enemy with a shield".
When we add discipline tab there are chances of CRIT on a weapon to go down :banghead:

Please let me know if this is correct :)

Quick Easy Fix Turn off your computer, beat it with a hammer. If it turns back on when prompted, turn it back off and do again until it doesn't come on again. Once that is taken care of, go get a book and learn about computers.

NVDIA Drivers
BSOD
Download anything for FREE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:37 am 
Common Member

Rainigul wrote:
The reinforce thing helped SOOO much.

Now I'm gonna use stones to get my reinforcement up, so I'll be super strong :D

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone actually know what it was. Now I know. :D Just for that, +2.

Pure Int Nuker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:51 pm 
Loyal Member

truez wrote:
Nice Guide :D
But one pointer though,
"Block Ratio (Discipline Tablet): Adds Block Ratio. This will lessen the chance of a block when attacking an enemy with a shield".
When we add discipline tab there are chances of CRIT on a weapon to go down :banghead:

Please let me know if this is correct :)

ANY alchemy you do, except for adding elixirs, has an equal chance of changing ANY other stat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:41 am 
Casual Member

the % has NOTHING to do with NPC items at all. this is why

when for example durability of an item is 50 (0%) when you use a ruby tablet of master (the pink one) it will not change. it will go to 50 > 50. if the % was 50%, the durability will go to 75. as 50% of 50 is 25, 25+50 is 75. or the opposite way, to 25.

the % is how much the item will change not how much better it is than an NPC item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:32 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

nice guide :)

i think this deservers a sticky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:26 am 
Frequent Member

STICKY!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:56 pm 
Addicted Member

nice and healthy (easy to understand) guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:12 pm 
Loyal Member

battlingpig wrote:
the % has NOTHING to do with NPC items at all. this is why

when for example durability of an item is 50 (0%) when you use a ruby tablet of master (the pink one) it will not change. it will go to 50 > 50. if the % was 50%, the durability will go to 75. as 50% of 50 is 25, 25+50 is 75. or the opposite way, to 25.

the % is how much the item will change not how much better it is than an NPC item.

There is no ruby tablet of masters. Only jade which adds a blue durability stat.

Every item has base stats. Base stats = (+0%) = what you get from NPC

Sorry, but your wrong.

EDIT: Ok. I know ive said that i will update this, but havent. I will make a concious effort to do so this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

Post subject: Re: Alchemy Terms Explained
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:33 pm 
Valued Member

Quote:
Steady (Steady Tablet): This adds a Steady stat. This will prevent the item from losing permanent durability when trying to enchant (+) an item to, or above +5.

Thanks for the guide. Much appreciated! But I was wondering if this is the correct description for Steady? What I've heard is that Steady prevents Attribute Assimilation much like Astral prevents failures resetting to +0. So if you get nice stats on your weapon, you can apply a Steady stone so it resists random changes you don't intend.

Which answer is correct?

Post subject: Re: Alchemy Terms Explained
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:41 pm 
Loyal Member

PileOfMush wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the guide. Much appreciated! But I was wondering if this is the correct description for Steady? What I've heard is that Steady prevents Attribute Assimilation much like Astral prevents failures resetting to +0. So if you get nice stats on your weapon, you can apply a Steady stone so it resists random changes you don't intend.

Which answer is correct?

Steady prevents the permanent loss of durability.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent assimilation, unfortunately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:42 am 
Forum God

Some information need to be fixed :

Quote:

Correct but also note that int/str increase your balance as well.

Quote:
Parry Ratio (Dodging Tablet): Adds Parry Ratio. Parry ratio will decrease the damage taken.

I doesnt decrease the dmg taken, but gives higher chance that the opponent deals dmg closer to his minimum damage. Dont confuse with Defense.

Quote:
Lucky (Lucky Stone) **NOTE** You can NOT get lucky tablets. These stones are obtained by breaking items: This adds a Lucky stat. This acts just as a Lucky Powder does. Increases chances for successful enchantment.

Additional information: it will stack with lucky powder only when u use PT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:54 am 
Loyal Member

NuclearSilo wrote:
Quote:

Isn't the increase in Defense and Attack the result of the Balance increase? I've always had that impression... correct me if i'm wrong please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:04 am 
Forum God

HyorunmarouZ wrote:
NuclearSilo wrote:
Quote:

Isn't the increase in Defense and Attack the result of the Balance increase? I've always had that impression... correct me if i'm wrong please :)

No, balance depends on int/str.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:40 am 
Loyal Member

NuclearSilo wrote:
HyorunmarouZ wrote:
NuclearSilo wrote:
Quote:

No, balance depends on int/str.

Ehm.. yeah i know balance depend on them, but i was asking if Def/Att depends on balance.
Though... looking at it: Int/Str increase=Balance increase=Att/Def increase, so it is not that important at the end...

Post subject: Imbue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:37 am 

Where does the imbue come into the damage equazion !

Can a int char using a phy attack cause more damage than a

phy based char (in generalised terms - same attack) ??

Please inform !!

Post subject: Re: Imbue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:55 am 
ryu_the_red wrote:
Where does the imbue come into the damage equazion !

Can a int char using a phy attack cause more damage than a

phy based char (in generalised terms - same attack) ??

Please inform !!

well if you just think logically...

why would they make physical attack based chars hit lower physical attack
than magical attack based chars
but yea.. an int lvl 1 with sosun glavie lvl 1 would hit more dmg than a str
lvl 1 with a npc sword.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:30 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

um... where can you find these tablet! help here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:34 pm 
Loyal Member

eldest93 wrote:
um... where can you find these tablet! help here

Al mobs drop tablets (except for mobs that give 9d elements). You simply pick them up, and use the appropriate elements (which are in the description for each tab) to make a stone, and use the stone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:40 pm 
Frequent Member

Cool, thanks for this post, i finally understand this :D

Anyways, can someone please make a comparison of two weapons or find if you have pictures of a same weapons with a great difference in reinforcement %. So that we can see how much the min - max % differs when you have a great difference in the ( )%.