Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide] Rogue Skills Guide
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:06 pm 
Common Member

The basic things about Rogue can be find in Xemnas guide. He made a very nice guide with clothing information, weapon information, pro's and con's and other good information about the Rogue build. This guide is focused on skills and what skills are usefull. with this guide and Xemnas his guide you should be able to make a decent Rogue :wink:
__________________________________________________________________________________

Silent Expert

Stealth Extension: Since stealth is a must for rogue in PVP this skill should be maxed out, no discussion. This skill makes your stealth status last longer.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Stealth: This is an important skill tree for the rogue without it you won’t have a lot of success in pvp.

Stealth: Same as stealth extension this is a must for the rogue for PvE it’s useless but for PvP it’s the biggest advantage the rogue has. Some people can’t stop whining about rogues popping up out of nowhere and kill them, but just as a Blader uses knock-down and stab and a Glaiver uses stun and knock-back the Rogue uses stealth so stop complaining. The only problem is the fact that you moving speed will slow down dramatically when using this skill.

Scorn: This skill makes your enemy not being able to attack anone exept for you. This only lasts for 3 a 4 seconds and it confuses your enemy because he won't be able to attack other people. The only problem I see is the fact that we Rogues ain't great tanker and we dont want people to just attack us, we want to sneak up and kill. Because of that I say this skill is a no go for Rogues. This skill only works on players and not on monsters.

De-stealth: Since there aren’t a lot of high level Wizards/Rogues this skill won’t be useful very often. But if you do find a higher level Rogue or Wizard this skill is a must. Without it you will never find him until he got his first attack at you and we all know how hard Rogues/Wizards hit so it could also be his only hit he needs to make. What also comes in handy is the fact that this skill detects fire and lava traps. The skill lasts for 60 seconds and has a 10.0m range.
Update:This skill doens't detect wizards.

Tag Point: This skill puts a trace on your enemy so you can follow it on your mini map. This skill comes in handy when jobbing or in a guild war. If an enemy almost dies they often start running, with this skill it’s a lot easier to track him down and kill him even if he is faster. Also for jobbing it is easy, just to know where the thief went (if you are a trader) or to follow a transport or hunter (if you are a thief).

Gross Scorn: Works the same as Scorn but instead of drawing one persons attention to you it is possible to draw the attention of 3 people to you. For the same reasons I mentioned at Scorn skill I would say this skill is a no go.

Poison: Personally I don’t think this is a very useful skill, just for party monsters or giants the poison stats comes in handy.

Poison Weapons: This skill causes the poison status on an enemy which does overall damage. Just for PvE against normal mobs it is useless because you have to kill mobs fast, but for giants and party mobs it does a decent amount of extra damage.

Poison Circle: I don’t see any aspect of this skill that would be usefull for me. This skill makes a circle with a 25.0m radius, the chance of you and your party being poisoned will decrease by 50% and if you will get poisoned the poisoned status will be reduced. So easily said: it makes your party more poison resistant.
Update: This skill makes you immune for all status effects.

Poison Field: This skill causes poison on nearby enemy’s. This skill might come in handy when you are getting mobbed and you want to kill mobs faster. It has a range of 6.0m and a 80% chance of poisoning you enemy’s.

Poison Trap: This skill works like a fire trap. You plant a poison trap and as soon as your enemy walks over it he will have an 80% change of being poisoned.

Mask Change: These are some fun skills to fool around with people but if you use them correct they will give you a big advantage in PvP and jobbing.

Monster Mask: This skill makes a mask of a monster so you will be looking like the monster. This confuses people and if you use it correctly and move between other real monsters people won’t notice you fast. An example: make sure you get yourself a Tiger mask and just walk around at ferry, when you see a trader approaching just walk around other tiger mobs and when he is close enough you attack. So if the trader really doesn’t see you, you will hit first which is always an advantage in PvP.

Duplicate: This skill Works the same as monster mask, the only difference is the fact that you can look like other players instead of other monsters. Useful for PvP and jobbing. I don’t have to explain why I think you people can do the thinking ;)
Crossbow Expert: These are all passive skills to make your Rogue even stronger with the crossbow, especially if it comes down to range and damage.

Crossbow Power Up: This skill can be upgraded every for levels starting at level 4 till level 80. Each time you upgrade it the skill will make your Crossbow damage increase by 4%. So level 4 will be 4%, level 32 will be 32% and in the end at level 8 it will be a 80% extra damage bonus. Extra damage is important so always max this skill.

Wide Sight This skill will increase the range of your Crossbow. Because we Crossbow-Rogues need to kill monsters before they get to us this skill is very usefull. They skill has 3 levels and will add an extra 1.0m to your range every level. Max it.

Avoid: This skill makes you absorb damage from physical ranges attacks, starting with 3% and all the way up to 8%. It is a usefull skill because we are low on HP if we use DD or XE. Max it.

Crossbow Extreme This skill is the main reason we Rogues have very powerfull attacks. The skill will give you an extra damage boost of 75% and it will increase your Phy. attack power with 18. Offcourse this comes with a price so when using this skill your HP will decrease with 50% and your defence power will also decrease with 40%. Lets make an example:

No buff---------------------------------------With buff
2000hp--------------------------------------1000hp
Phy attack power 150---------------------Phy attack power 168
Skill does 1000 damage------------------Skill does now 1750 damage
Phy defence power 100-------------------Phy defence power 60

The only thing that changes when you upgrade this skill is the Phy attack power that goes from 18 all the way up to 88. This is important always max it.

Crossbow: This is the section for all crossbow skill, I like to max all of them just because they all got their own advantages. Crossbow is ment to kill enemy's before they reach you. Another plus is the fact that crossbow skills require the least amount of SP so this is the perfect tree for people that don't like to farm.

Power Shot: This skill is great and you should max it. It has a good 50% chance to knock back your enemy, from lvl 1 till 39 this skill will be one of he most important skills you have. Just use long shot first and then finish them of with 1st skill. It comes also in handy for champions and monsters that require more hits to kill, the knockback often saved my life and champions don't even get close at me. Another great thing is the fact that this skill can be used on knocked down enemy's and it even does 50% more damage in that case.

Fast Shot: Good skill to lure monsters or to finish them of fast when they or on low HP. Most of you guys must have noticed that Crossbow shoots extremely slow if it comes down to the regular attack, this skill lets you attack faster but in exchange it does only 51% damage so it's lower than a regular shot. This skill also gives you 15.0m extra range so this is your skill with the longest distance.

Long Shot: More range and insane damage. I always start with this skill because it has more range and damage than power shot and it has 320% damage so this will be your most powerfull skill until lvl 70. And the 7.0m extra distance is also a nice thing, you can use this skill first and when the enemy is close enough you can use power shot to finifh it of.

Blast Shot: This skill does more damage than Power shot and instead of knock back your opponent this skills has a chance to knock down your opponent. If your enemy is knocked down you can still use power shot on him and because he is knocked down power shot will give an extra 50% damage. So if you are lucky you will knock down your enemy first and after that you can knock him back. This will give you some spare time which comes in handy against giants/champions and party monsters.

Intense Shot: This skill looks a lot like the power shit skill, it fires 2 bolts in to your enemy and has a 75% chance to knock it back. But the chance of knock back only counts 1 time so not both bolts have a 75% chance it is just a 1 time chance. This skill also has a 50% damage bonus on knocked down enemy's.

Rapid Shot: This skill is the same as Fast shot. The only big difference is the fact that it can hit 3 enemy's simultaneously.

Distance Shot: This skill is exactly the same as long shot, just a really powerful skill with a shot range increase of 7.0m.

Hurricane Shot: This skill is the same as blast shot, the chance of knock down is 50% 1 time and it shoots 2 bolts.

Bard subclass: I got Bard subclass myself and since I started to use Bard skills my leveling speed went up a lot. First of all I can run a lot faster which increases the leveling speed and with noise skill on I die a lot less and I can train save at monster 5 levels higher than me with Dagger desperate or Crossbow extreme on.

Build 1:
All dagger skill/ all green skills [179,354 sp]Lvl 1-80 with 2 gap 203,575 SP

Build 2:
All Xbow skills/ all green skills [147,388 sp]Lvl 1-80 with 1 gap 165,877 SP

Build 3:
Dagger/Xbow skill/green skills [252,091 sp]Lvl 1-80 with 3 gap 252,040 SP

Yellow Package: Optional yellow skills [ Require 32,416 sp] Extra farming

Bard Package: All useful Bard skills [ Require 56,505 sp] Extra farming

Cleric Package: All usefull Cleric skills [ Require 78,571 sp] Extra farming

My Build will be build 3 with the Bard package and that will cost me around 300.000 SP. That would mean a 4 gap all the way but of course it is easier to farm early so you can 1 or 2 gap in the high lvl’s. The schedule above just shows you what options you have, so if you are someone who hates farming you just pick Build 2 with the Bard Package and you will be settled with a 2 gap all the way.

Work in progress I am very very busy lately so I will see when I put dagger skills up, xbow skills is finished now.
[b]

Last edited by akuji^ on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:31 pm 

good guide

and i agree that poison is not very important

for the monster mask section add that kokoru masks can be sold for profit once you hit lvl 40

also this belongs in teh guides tutorial not charecters skills :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:29 pm 
Frequent Member

Great guide

Could you explain a bit more how De-Stealth works? Like is it a 10m range? Does the skill last for a set time, long cooldown etc.

What is the difference between poison field and poison circle?

lvl 65 4gap 84:84 bow inactive.
GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:47 pm 
Common Member

I hope to finish this guide tomorrow :) And if a mod could put this in the right place for me :P. I have been watching this forum for over 1 year now and I still didnt put it in the right place :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:45 am 
Valued Member

I like this guide, it's simplistic and makes a lot of sense. I myself plan to take a very low SP-cost build; All crossbow skills, no green skills, and only Moving March and Noise from Bard tree. It may seem super stingy but I rarely ever PVP (except for cape fighting, but jobbing just seems kinda boring if you're not high leveled). And PVP with a rogue doesn't seem as appealing as PVPing with a Chinese char since rogues can't tank for crap. One-hitting people (or getting one-hitted yourself) sounds fun but in actuality it's more fun to win a long duel. That's another reason I miss playing in China but at least I'm not sorry that I've left SP farming behind.

EDIT: I liked how you gave the SP requirement and gaps next to the 'packages'. Nice touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:18 am 
Casual Member

Great work, keep it up mate!! XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:14 am 
Frequent Member

awesome guide ;)
good job, and ty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:04 am 
Casual Member

Nice. I especially like the gap and sp section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:31 pm 
Common Member

I updated it with crossbow skill and I added a few other things to some skills. Tomorrow I hope to finish al the dagger skills and after that I will update it daily with some pictures and stuff. Thnx for all the nice comments so far :D
It is my first guide so if any of you guys miss something in it just say so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:49 pm 
Banned User

Nice guide and ty :) It helps me a lot for my new rogue :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:34 pm 
Valued Member

great guide

still helping me alot
thanks 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:37 am 
Banned User

you shoulda posted it in characters and skills

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:00 am 
Chronicle Writer

NightceptoR wrote:
you shoulda posted it in characters and skills

....he did :?

any nice job and i dunno what you need from me but just pm me. I haven't had time to add the promised skillz section to my guide, i probably won't have to if you keep this up

but i still will -_^

nice job

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:06 am 

This is how I set up my skills:

Stealth expert: Max it
Stealth: Max everything except: Scorn, Gross scorn
Poison: Only max Poison weapon and Vein weapon
Mask change: Max everything, but don't have to max Duplicate since lv 2 goes up to lv 80 alreayd
Crossbow expert: Max everything
Crossbow: Max eveything except Rapid shot
Silent expert: Max everything except Venom extension
Dagger charge: Max everything.

My SRO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/gsquyrb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:13 am 

Some errors in your skill descriptions:

De-Stealth: You can not detect wizard at all no matter what level.

Hurricane Shot: It's the upgraded version of Blast Shot, with knock down probability 50%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:28 pm 

actually if you could put picutre to decorate then it would be superb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:41 pm 

Nice guide. just want to know what cleric skills u think are usefull... cause till 40 lvl i want to have all (exept atack skills) then only the mainly needet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:29 am 
Common Member

Sorry for my late response but I have been very busy, I will put dagger skills up asap and I will fix the errors juey mentioned

My first (rogue skill) guide:
http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=64646

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:03 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

is stealth dagger good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:05 pm 
Advanced Member

Yeah this is a pretty good guide. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 pm 
Common Member

nice guide, i'll see if i make a rogue....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:53 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide, as some comments said before you and add things to make the guide more easyer to read with comfort ^^

I have some qeustion tough if you dont mind me asking :)

1.Why do rogue need 2 skills ? refering to Dagger and Xbow wont 1 weapon/skill tree be eough ?

2. Wich Skills should a starting Player choose ? make a starting guide, what and how the way should go ? i see so much skills that i dont even know what to pick :oops:

before some misunderstanding comes out, i'm verry new to this Europa style ^^ i always went with chineese you can say me is old timer :twisted:

Nice guide like it ^^ please enlight me

thnx :D

Appeltje

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 am 
Common Member

You dont need both, you can be strong with just dagger or just xbow. I think it is just more fun to get both skills. Also I prefer dagger for pvp and xbow voor PvE so they both have their advantages. I got only xbow skills now but at lvl 60 I will add some dagger skills to just for PvP and jobbieng.

Xbow farms faster I think so for lvling in the beginning it might me better. I guess you are dutch (name), you can always pm me if you got questions ;)

Btw this weekend I will finish the guide, I have been to busy and I hate the fact I still didnt had time to finish it :banghead:

My first (rogue skill) guide:
http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=64646

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:42 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

yo akujj u mystikal man ?

Alexander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:39 am 
Frequent Member

Great Guide :)

Got a question.

Where should i farm SP at 16 ? Kiklopes ? I can kill them with 2 hits.

Currently using a 16 som X-Bow +3 & with a 9 Gap

Thanks in Advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:44 am 

akuji^ wrote:

You dont need both, you can be strong with just dagger or just xbow. I think it is just more fun to get both skills. Also I prefer dagger for pvp and xbow voor PvE so they both have their advantages. I got only xbow skills now but at lvl 60 I will add some dagger skills to just for PvP and jobbieng.

Xbow farms faster I think so for lvling in the beginning it might me better. I guess you are dutch (name), you can always pm me if you got questions ;)

Btw this weekend I will finish the guide, I have been to busy and I hate the fact I still didnt had time to finish it :banghead:

Actually you do need both skills or you are screwed in some situation, at cap, you won't be able to kill pure str with just xbow, u need daggers.
And without xbow you can't kill thieves with mercs, (you kill off the mercs 1 by 1, or the mercs user from distance). Xbow is great against nukers and wizards too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:20 pm 
Ex-Staff

Where are the dagger skills and the cleric subclass :cry:

Niyoke wrote:
err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:29 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Quote:
Stealth: Same as stealth extension this is a must for the rogue for PvE it’s useless

Dude, what are you talking about :))
Its very usefull to change places when you are mobbed around your spot like Gigants and pt champions etc. Mobs simply dont see you - i maked touristic travel to Plateau (Stone Golem) at 33 lvl, with CE i can kill them on 3 skillhits (other way if they hit me 2nd time from distance im dead),=, and i think that the one are weaker than Hun Assaults :)

As you know when you use CE, or DD you have big lacks of hp/def even if you delete CE or DD you dont stay soo much time when 4 pt mobs hit you.

Now i try to travel takla, no one mob attack me, so its perfect to change locations ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:59 pm 

Hi man , nice guide till now ...
But have many wrong information

Quote:
Scorn: This skill makes your enemy not being able to attack anone exept for you. This only lasts for 3 a 4 seconds and it confuses your enemy because he won't be able to attack other people. The only problem I see is the fact that we Rogues ain't great tanker and we dont want people to just attack us, we want to sneak up and kill. Because of that I say this skill is a no go for Rogues. This skill only works on players and not on monsters.

Damn man , what you think about how rogue use scorn ?!
It's one of best tactical moves in game ever , in guild war , party pvp , party jobbing ... make heavy damger get close and start attack your cleric or bard .. just scorn him .. his attack will be cancel and he will try to attack again and fail .. he will have big confusing and will not realise that you scorned him before you kill him , or even if you died to safe cleric life .. what's the problem of this ? what a rogue life equal compared to cleric life in party ? .. if he stay alive he willl res you later , but if you stay alife you can't do anything but dying after killing few ppl (in fact all the party will down after cleric down) .. scorn isn't useless at all

Quote:
De-stealth: Since there aren’t a lot of high level Wizards/Rogues this skill won’t be useful very often. But if you do find a higher level Rogue or Wizard this skill is a must. Without it you will never find him until he got his first attack at you and we all know how hard Rogues/Wizards hit so it could also be his only hit he needs to make. What also comes in handy is the fact that this skill detects fire and lava traps. The skill lasts for 60 seconds and has a 10.0m range.

You can't detect wizards by this skill .. only rogues and wizards traps

Quote:
Poison Circle: I don’t see any aspect of this skill that would be usefull for me. This skill makes a circle with a 25.0m radius, the chance of you and your party being poisoned will decrease by 50% and if you will get poisoned the poisoned status will be reduced. So easily said: it makes your party more poison resistant.

not only against posion ... this skill can make you more immune to effects .. cold for example it's great skill better than fire shield as it's skill for all builds and not a bug as fire shield ..

Quote:
Poison Field: This skill causes poison on nearby enemy’s. This skill might come in handy when you are getting mobbed and you want to kill mobs faster. It has a range of 6.0m and a 80% chance of poisoning you enemy’s.

To only add : rogue can protect party members from mobs in aggro areas , because any mob get in this area will consider you attacked him , but you need to know how to stay alive when you get moobed

Quote:
Monster Mask: This skill makes a mask of a monster so you will be looking like the monster. This confuses people and if you use it correctly and move between other real monsters people won’t notice you fast. An example: make sure you get yourself a Tiger mask and just walk around at ferry, when you see a trader approaching just walk around other tiger mobs and when he is close enough you attack. So if the trader really doesn’t see you, you will hit first which is always an advantage in PvP.

To add : when using mask no one can attack you without ALT key ... many ppl need a lot of time to realise that you are human , other time to realise you are enemy *thief for example* , also some time to find alt key and have courge enough to press it .. also you can trick people to make them murders in pvp (you need to imagine how) ..
and the best use of this skill is to make kokuro mask and run super fast , faster than all horses .. make that in mind ..

Quote:
Crossbow Power Up: This skill can be upgraded every for levels starting at level 4 till level 60. Each time you upgrade it the skill will make your Crossbow damage increase by 4%. So level 4 will be 4%, level 32 will be 32% and in the end at level 80% it will be a 60% extra damage bonus. Extra damage is important so always max this skill.

Till lvl 80 you have 80% attack increase .. that's not new thing or a benfit euro have ... it's just instead of the chinese weapon bonus 1% each lvl when you equip the weapon and use this weapon skill ..

Quote:
Avoid: This skill makes you absorb damage, starting with 3% and all the way up to 8%. It is a usefull skill because we are low on HP if we use DD or XE. Max it.

No , this skill don't absorb damge , it absorb only phy ranged attacks (all chinese bow skills , the 2 sword skills , the spear through skill , x-bow skills) .. and nothing else

Quote:
Hurricane Shot: This skill is the same as intense shot only the chance of knock back isn't 75% anymore but it decreased to 50%. however this skill does a lot more damage.

lol .. all here is wrong ..
hurricane shot act as blast shot not intense shot .. chance here is to KD enemies not KB .. and the skill shot 2 bolts with 50% KD chance 1 time ..

Hope that my words help you update this guide

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Rogue Skills Guide
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:33 pm 

akuji^ wrote:
Intense Shot: This skill looks a lot like the power shit skill

LOL